╌>

ABC stopped Epstein report 'amid Palace threats'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  kdmichigan  •  5 years ago  •  66 comments

ABC stopped Epstein report 'amid Palace threats'
"My comments about Prince Andrew and her allegation that she had seen Bill Clinton on Epstein's private island were in reference to what Virginia Roberts said in that interview in 2015.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Leaked footage shows a US TV anchor complaining that editors "quashed" a story about paedophile Jeffrey Epstein due to pressure from the Royal Family.
ABC's Amy Robach is seen in the clip griping that her interview with an alleged victim of Epstein and Prince Andrew never made it to air.
"The Palace found out," she says, "and threatened us a million different ways."
Epstein was found dead in a jail cell while awaiting trial for sex crimes.
The death of the wealthy financier last August was ruled a suicide by investigators.

In the video, Ms Robach vents frustration that her 2015 interview with Virginia Giuffre - formerly Virginia Roberts - was never broadcast.
The clip was leaked on Tuesday by Project Veritas, a group that seeks to expose perceived liberal bias in the mainstream media.

In court documents she said she was forced to have sex with the British royal on three separate occasions while she was under the legal age of consent.
Prince Andrew has denied having "any form of sexual contact or relationship" with Ms Giuffre.
"I've had this story for three years. I've had this interview with Virginia Roberts," says Ms Robach, speaking to someone off-camera.
"We would not put it on the air. First of all, I was told, 'who's Jeffrey Epstein? No one knows who that is. This is a stupid story.' 
"Then the Palace found out that we had her whole allegations about Prince Andrew and threatened us a million different ways. 
"We were so afraid that we wouldn't be able to interview Kate and Will.
"That also quashed the story," the host of ABC's 20/20 programme added.
Buckingham Palace has not responded to the allegation.

She also says that the interview included allegations against former US President Bill Clinton.
"We had everything," she continues. "I tried for three years to get it on, to no avail. 
"And now it's all coming out and it's like these new revelations and I freaking had all of it. 
"I'm so pissed right now. Every day I get more and more pissed cause I'm just like, 'oh my God.' What we had was unreal."

In a statement after the footage leaked ABC stood by its decision not to air the interview, saying the reporting did not meet its standards. 
"But we have never stopped investigating the story," the statement continues, adding that "substantial resources" have been dedicated to investigating Epstein.
In a separate statement, Ms Robach said she "was caught in a private moment of frustration" last summer as the Epstein story unfolded.
She said she was "upset that an important interview I had conducted with Virginia Roberts didn't air because we could not obtain sufficient corroborating evidence" to meet ABC's editorial standards.
"My comments about Prince Andrew and her allegation that she had seen Bill Clinton on Epstein's private island were in reference to what Virginia Roberts said in that interview in 2015.
"I was referencing her allegation - not what ABC News had verified through our reporting."
She added that "in the years since no one ever told me or the team to stop reporting" on Epstein. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1  seeder  KDMichigan    5 years ago

No surprise here. Let me be the 1st to send my condolences to Ms Robach up coming suicide.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

Scandals have been a part of royal families for centuries.  This too shall pass.  As far as Andrew goes, his nick name is Randy Andy after all.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.1  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    5 years ago

I'm curious as to what happened to all the evidence they took from Epsteins townhouse..

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  KDMichigan @2.1    5 years ago

Ask Attorney General Barr.  He is in charge of such things.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.1.2  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  bbl-1 @2.1.1    5 years ago

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  KDMichigan @2.1    5 years ago

We will probably never know.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.1.4  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1.3    5 years ago

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4  It Is ME    5 years ago

It will be really interesting to see whom in the "Media" takes this on. jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Will they be "News" ?

OR

Just another Goebbels type Propaganda machine as they have been for decades.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.1  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  It Is ME @4    5 years ago

It touches to close to home. We have to protect the Liberal royalty Abula.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  KDMichigan @4.1    5 years ago

Slide baby ….. SLIDE ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8  Just Jim NC TttH    5 years ago

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
8.1  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8    5 years ago

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

No matter how he died, can we all at least say "At least he is dead!"

lib50
Professor Silent
13  lib50    5 years ago

Project Veritas is all I need to hear to know its bullshit.  O'Keefe is a liar who makes up videos to smear.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
14  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Funny to see ABC hide behind journalistic standards and concerns about credibility after it's conduct during  the Kavanaugh witchhunt. No rumor was too batshit crazy for ABC worry about things like confirmation and evidence before publishing Kavanaugh attack pieces.