╌>

Trump Wanted Ukraine’s President to Announce Biden Investigation on CNN

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  34 comments

Trump Wanted Ukraine’s President to Announce Biden Investigation on CNN
“Finally bending to the White House request, Mr. Zelensky’s staff planned for him to make an announcement in an interview on Sept. 13 with Fareed Zakaria, the host of a weekly news show on CNN.”

Trump almost got away with it. All praise to the whistleblower. 

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President  Donald Trump  reportedly wanted Ukrainian President  Volodymyr Zelensky  to talk about investigating 2020 Democratic presidential candidate and former Vice President  Joe Biden , and his son  Hunter Biden , on CNN– a proposal Zelensky almost went through with.

According to a  report  from the  New York Times , which cited testimony from  William B. Taylor Jr. , “the top American diplomat in Ukraine,” President Trump “wanted the Ukrainian president to speak on CNN.”

“But aides to Mr. Zelensky, on high alert to avoid any move that might irritate Mr. Trump, wondered if that was such a good idea, in that Mr. Trump habitually called CNN ‘fake news’ in his Twitter posts,” the  Times  reported, adding that, “Nearly all Mr. Zelensky’s top advisers” allegedly “favored his making the public statement.”

“United States military aid, they agreed, as well as diplomatic backing for impending peace talks to end the war outweighed the risks of appearing to take sides in American politics,” the  New York Times  further reported, noting, “Finally bending to the White House request, Mr. Zelensky’s staff planned for him to make an announcement in an interview on Sept. 13 with  Fareed Zakaria , the host of a weekly news show on CNN.”

This interview would have gone ahead if it weren’t for “events in Washington” which “saved the Ukrainian government from any final decision and eliminated the need to make the statement,” the  Times  explained: “Word of the freeze in military aid had leaked out, and Congress was in an uproar. Two days before the scheduled interview, the Trump administration released the assistance and Mr. Zelensky’s office quickly canceled the interview.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Another transcript came out today by another long time U.S. diplomat saying that the Trump administration was way out of line. 

Trump needs to resign. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

I have a question for all you die hard Trump supporters

If President* Trump was only concerned about corruption in Ukraine, why did he demand that an announcement about Biden be made by the Ukranian president on an American cable news channel, or any television show? 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago
why did he demand that an announcement about Biden be made by the Ukranian president on an American cable news channe

When did he "demand"? He has no control over the Ukraine and it's President..........and they have said they weren't aware of any quid pro quo.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.2.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.2    5 years ago
He has no control over the Ukraine and it's President

He had 400,000,000 pieces of control over the Ukraine and it's President.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @2.2.1    5 years ago

So you didn't read the articles cited then. Good to know.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.2.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.2.2    5 years ago

So you didn't read the articles cited then. Good to know.

So you're saying Trump did not withhold 400 million dollars of aid for them to start an investigation of his political rival?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @2.2.3    5 years ago

Again, you didn't read what I cited. If you did, you may have withheld your comment............or seen it for what it was.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.2.5  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @2.2.3    5 years ago
So you're saying Trump did not withhold 400 million dollars of aid for them to start an investigation of his political rival?

Did Ukraine get the bucks ?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.2.6  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @2.2.5    5 years ago

Why would that matter?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.2.7  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @2.2.6    5 years ago
Why would that matter?

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.2.8  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @2.2.7    5 years ago

Again, why would it matter?  Simple question, surely you have an answer.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.9  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.2.2    5 years ago

From the RCP link:

“The actual delay in aid was coming from the Pentagon as much as anybody else — because they didn’t know about the [Ukrainian] president and whether he could be trusted,” Graham told reporters Wednesday after reviewing the transcript of a discussion July 25 between the two leaders and referring to Zelensky, who had just won election.

That is a LIE.

The DOJ, per statute, submitted a letter which clears the military aid for release in May 2019 and on June 18, 2019 the Pentagon announced in a online press release that they were providing Ukraine with $250 million is military aid. 

There isn't one iota of credible evidence that either the DOJ or the Pentagon suddenly change their position after that. 

The political appointee at the OMB withheld the aid at Trump's bidding. PEROID, full stop. 

Graham has abdicated his duties as a Senator and especially as the Chairman of the Judiciary Committee.

By refusing to acknowledge DOCUMENTED evidence Graham is proving that he is willfully obtuse.

By disseminating BULLSHIT he has proven that he's trying to gaslight the American people. 

As for your other link, of what possible relevance is Kelly Anne Conway's tapdancing around the issues? 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.2.10  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @2.2.8    5 years ago

My question came "First". jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif ?

I didn't ask you if it "mattered" . jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

It's really not a hard question ….. Or Is it ? jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.2.11  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @2.2.10    5 years ago
y question came "First". ?

I didn't ask you if it "mattered" .

It's really not a hard question ….. Or Is it ?

No answer huh?  Figures.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.2.12  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @2.2.11    5 years ago
No answer huh? 

I know …. right ? jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

I'm still Still waiting ! jrSmiley_32_smiley_image.gif

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3  FLYNAVY1    5 years ago

I've got to hand it to the "Forever Trumpers" here on this site.  They get bludgeoned with the truth everyday from under oath testimony about the impeachable Trump offenses, and they still stick to their Fox/Brietbart talking points.

I guess the willingness to give up the personal moral qualities of being truthful, and honest go hand in hand with accepting the lies from those that are not, in order to stay in political power.  They just don't have the character to admit that they've been wrong about Trump all along....America be dammed.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    5 years ago

75027887_2839581259409125_6466889578497179648_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_eui2=AeESGEGpEJwYay4mb8Lct5EkS1k2QqScdYGDIuhLuGZ6FSSfNn5vBwvnXMksnDOBnG3Pb9pCI3NRncWPbReoECuSGqnU-yCumjPdxrRIjGPelg&_nc_oc=AQnUeT1Ga5FEY6rPczhiG5NpxA0L-sgxUhtcwOFgyoILz6t4-F4aBThQ5dcNnycAhG8&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=87ecbb8d6cffa319656587e9a4ebe69f&oe=5E619C5B