Michael Bloomberg Files Papers for Alabama Democratic Primary

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  5 days ago  •  171 comments

By:   By Bill Allison and Craig Gordon

Michael Bloomberg Files Papers for Alabama Democratic Primary
“Michael is a solid guy, and let’s see where it goes,” -Joe Biden

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Michael R. Bloomberg filed the paperwork required for Alabama’s Democratic primary on Friday, taking a first step toward a potential 2020 presidential bid, though he hasn’t announced a formal decision to enter the race.

Bloomberg submitted the documents in Alabama to meet the state’s early filing deadline of Friday. Several other states, including New Hampshire, have filing deadlines as early as next week. Alabama’s Democratic Party said he qualified for the March 3 ballot. 

The former New York City mayor indicated Thursday that he is once again considering a presidential run, with an adviser saying he is concerned that the current crop of Democratic candidates will not be able to defeat President Donald Trump.

Bloomberg, 77, had considered a run earlier this year but decided instead to support Democratic efforts to regain control in Washington. Now he is open once again to running against Trump himself.

Bloomberg is the founder and majority owner of Bloomberg LP, the parent company of Bloomberg News.

“We now need to finish the job and ensure that Trump is defeated – but Mike is increasingly concerned that the current field of candidates is not well positioned to do that,” said Bloomberg adviser Howard Wolfson in a statement. Wolfson said Bloomberg would run on his record of serving as mayor of the nation’s largest city, building his own company and contributing to global causes through his philanthropic activities.

“Based on his record of accomplishment, leadership and his ability to bring people together to drive change, Mike would be able to take the fight to Trump and win,” Wolfson said.

Trump said Friday that Bloomberg’s candidacy would hurt the chances for former Vice President Joe Biden.

“He’s not going to do well, I think he’s going to hurt Biden actually,” Trump told reporters at the White House. “There’s nobody I’d rather run against than little Michael.”

Bloomberg’s possible entry into the race comes as the Democratic field is coalescing around four candidates, none of whom has a clear path to victory.

Biden entered as the front-runner, but has lagged in raising money and at 76, has faced questions about his age, verbal gaffes and other out-of-step comments. Elizabeth Warren, 70, and Bernie Sanders, 78 and recovering from a heart attack, are avowed foes of Wall Street and the wealthy, and have sparked concerns that their policies pull the party too far to the left. And Pete Buttigieg, 37, the mayor of South Bend, Indiana, is rising in popularity, but faces questions about his youth and lack of political experience.

Warren tweeted “Welcome to the race,” and suggested that Bloomberg consult her wealth-tax calculator for billionaires.

On Friday, Biden also said he welcomed Bloomberg to the race. “Michael is a solid guy, and let’s see where it goes,” Biden told reporters in Concord, New Hampshire. He added that he isn’t worried about his own standing in the race: “Last polls I looked at I’m pretty far ahead.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
Find text within the comments Find 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    5 days ago

“There’s nobody I’d rather run against than little Michael.”

'Little Michael' beats 'lyingpatheticcreepyidiot Trump.'

Raven Wing
1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 days ago
'Little Michael'

Trump may just wind up having to eat those words. Of course he would never do so in public, as his ego could not stand admitting he lost to him, and would likely call for a civil war from his rabid supporters.

But, behind closed doors, Trump would likely choke on those words on realizing that he lost to "Little Michael." And so would his rabid supporters.

Kavika
1.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Raven Wing @1.1    4 days ago

I think Bloomberg should start calling Trump...Chump Change Trump. Compared to Bloomberg Trump is little more than chump change..

$56 billion vs $5 billion....LOLOLOLOL

Raven Wing
1.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @1.1.1    4 days ago
Compared to Bloomberg Trump is little more than chump change..

True. And compared to Bloomberg, Trump uses other peoples money, and stiffs his creditors. Bloomberg could buy and sell Trump any day if he wanted to make a bad investment.

Greg Jones
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    4 days ago

In your wet dreams! Zero chance in hell to beat Trump. Just what we don't need, another old white rich guy.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.2.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    4 days ago

Oh wait Trump white guy is better than Bloomberg white guy? The only difference I see it that one made billions on his own, and can speak and is a fiscal conservative. 

devangelical
1.2.2  devangelical  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.1    4 days ago

fake billionaire vs real billionaire

Raven Wing
1.2.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    4 days ago
Just what we don't need, another old white rich guy.

You mean, like the old, white, pretend rich guy that now sits in the Oval Office?

WallyW
1.2.4  WallyW  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.1    4 days ago

What would be the upside of a Bloomberg presidency?

1.2.5  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    4 days ago
In your wet dreams! Zero chance in hell to beat Trump. Just what we don't need, another old white rich guy.

Do you honestly want to re-elect that bumbling buffoon?  Please spank yourself with gusto.

Buzz of the Orient
1.2.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  WallyW @1.2.4    4 days ago

Maybe we need to see his platform before that can be answered. Will it be naturally sweet or need a little saccharine?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.2.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  WallyW @1.2.4    3 days ago

Bloomberg is a highly intelligent man, who is very organized, will approach the presidency professionally, is a fiscal conservative, socially, a moderate and has a record of being effective. He is also not divisive which is a big thing to me. This nation is torn apart, and Bloomberg as a mayor, was very uniting and worked endlessly as mayor, for free, because he cares about the people, and that means a lot to me. He is also nonpartisan, and as an independent, I find that very appealing. 

TᵢG
1.2.8  TᵢG  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.7    3 days ago

Right now we have Trump as the incumbent and presumptive nominee for the R's and either Warren or Biden as the likely nominee for the D's.

Warren is out of her mind (unrealistic).   Biden would likely make the balance of the planet feel better about the USA but if not for the fact that Trump is his opponent, he is an unappealing candidate.

I would like (for a change) to have someone I could vote for.    Bloomberg (like the current viable candidates) is older than what I would prefer, but he has the right attributes.

Sean Treacy
1.2.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.7    3 days ago
, a moderate and has a record of being effective. He is also not divisive whic

He's spent hundreds of millions of his fortune in his personal war on the second amendment.   If he's a "moderate", everyone is. 

katrix
1.2.10  katrix  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.8    yesterday
Bloomberg (like the current viable candidates) is older than what I would prefer, but he has the right attributes.

Agreed. Why are these candidates so damn old? Sheesh. But ... I agree that Warren is out of her mind, and Bernie is way too far left as well, but Biden's age and other things make him unappealing to me as well, except when compared to Trump he looks pretty good.

katrix
1.2.11  katrix  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.9    yesterday
He's spent hundreds of millions of his fortune in his personal war on the second amendment.   If he's a "moderate", everyone is. 

Supporting universal background checks to try to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill and criminals hardly makes him in a "personal war" against the second amendment. I love to shoot, but allowing people to carry without adequate training is insane, and not making valid efforts such as background checks to decrease mass shootings is just heartless.

Suz
1.2.12  Suz  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.7    yesterday

Bloomberg?  Oh, gawd. 

Before you make a final decision, let's see how many women speak out against him. I hate the guy, myself. 

TᵢG
1.2.13  TᵢG  replied to  Suz @1.2.12    yesterday

Hi Suz!

So now I am curious.   Imagine Trump (R) vs. Bloomberg (D).    This race, IMO, is one where Trump could lose.   I doubt he would lose any other of the potential matchups unless the economy tanks.

Dean Moriarty
1.2.14  Dean Moriarty  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.13    23 hours ago

With the way he's been pissing people off throwing money all around the country into elections far from his home turf he's made a lot of enemies. They see him and his attempts to buy elections as the evil of big money politics. 

TᵢG
1.2.15  TᵢG  replied to  Dean Moriarty @1.2.14    23 hours ago

Electoral dynamics are hard to predict — especially this early in the race.   We probably at least need to see some polls after (assuming he does) Bloomberg announces his candidacy before making hypotheses.

gooseisgone
1.4  gooseisgone  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    2 hours ago
'Little Michael' beats 'lyingpatheticcreepyidiot Trump.'

Little Michael will never get the Democrat nomination he is way to normal, what you should start praying for right now is that he doesn't run as an independent which will guarantee a win for Trump.

TᵢG
2  TᵢG    5 days ago

Bloomberg would be the only viable candidate that I see in the D field who could win against Trump.   Sharp, knowledgeable, genuinely highly accomplished in both the private and public sectors and an adult who does not cling to extremes.

Paula Bartholomew
2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  TᵢG @2    5 days ago

If he added Mayor Pete to be VP, it would be a killer combo.

Buzz of the Orient
2.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1    4 days ago

When Mayor Pete's name first came up I thought that with the credentials he had, Rhodes Scholar, experience in governance, well liked by his constituents, good looking, fairly young, multilingual which would please foreign leaders, he could be the one.......until he opened his mouth.  IMO as VP he would taint the choice. I'm waiting for Nikki Haley - If I were an American, I would knock on doors for her.  

Raven Wing
2.2  Raven Wing  replied to  TᵢG @2    5 days ago

Totally agree TiG. He would be a welcome relief to America and most of its people compared to the arrogant buffoon who now sits in the Oval office and likes to think he is the King of the world and totally above the law. 

I can't wait to see which foreign country Trump tries to bully into trying to dig up dirt on Bloomberg by withholding some kind of American assistance or offering some amount of money, as it seems Trump is now afraid he can't win on his own, and can't trust his American supporters.

MUVA
2.3  MUVA  replied to  TᵢG @2    4 days ago

Except he wants to ban guns and tell you what to drink and how much.

MrFrost
2.3.1  MrFrost  replied to  MUVA @2.3    4 days ago

Except he wants to ban guns and tell you what to drink and how much.

Yea, heard that argument when, [insert democrat here] ran for president. It's the same blanket talking point over and over again. Do I think SOME types of guns be banned? Yes. All guns? No. 

TᵢG
2.3.2  TᵢG  replied to  MUVA @2.3    4 days ago

First, there is no perfect candidate for everyone.

Second, do you believe your extreme presentation of his position?   Your words suggest that Bloomberg wants to ban all guns and have totalitarian control over what people drink.   

Third, a PotUS is not a dictator.   What the particular individual would prefer does not necessarily translate into action.   I have no concern that a president Bloomberg would revitalize prohibition or trash the 2nd amendment.   Trump, for example, truly wants to build his wall.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
2.3.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  MUVA @2.3    4 days ago

He does not want to ban guns. That is NRA propaganda. 

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
2.3.4  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.3.3    4 days ago

He wants to take our guns, our straws,  and ban the genocidal sodas. 

I call him the....Nanny!

MUVA
2.3.5  MUVA  replied to  MrFrost @2.3.1    4 days ago

One is too many.

MUVA
2.3.6  MUVA  replied to  TᵢG @2.3.2    4 days ago

You have way more faith than I do he will ban as many as the sheeple will let him.

TᵢG
2.3.8  TᵢG  replied to  MUVA @2.3.6    4 days ago

It is not faith, it is reason based on how our system works, our history and our culture.

sandy-2021492
2.3.9  sandy-2021492  replied to  MUVA @2.3.6    4 days ago

Eight years of "gun-grabbing" Obama, and how many guns did he grab?

Recycled paranoia.

MUVA
2.3.10  MUVA  replied to  TᵢG @2.3.8    4 days ago

For fuck sakes belief ,confidence or trust then hey any other words you want to parse your ability to overthink everything is noted. 

TᵢG
2.3.11  TᵢG  replied to  MUVA @2.3.10    4 days ago

Lighten up MUVA.   There is a profound difference between faith, trust, confidence, etc. and reasoning based on facts.

sandy-2021492
2.3.12  sandy-2021492  replied to  MUVA @2.3.10    4 days ago

You know that check and balances are built into our system of governance, yes?  That prevents any one person or branch from making radical changes in our laws.  It's hard to amend the Constitution on purpose, so Michael Bloomberg (and Obama, and Beto) were never going to manage to grab your guns, no matter how convinced you (or they) were that they could.  The Second isn't going to be repealed.  Your fear is unfounded, and there is no need to be angry at people who point out why.

MUVA
2.3.13  MUVA  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.3.9    4 days ago

I didn't mention Obama why did you?

MUVA
2.3.14  MUVA  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.3.12    4 days ago

I will wait and see what happens in VA since the democrats have taken over the state.Really unfounded I believe it is your view that is unfounded since most of the democrats candidates are for some kind of semi auto weapon band.

sandy-2021492
2.3.15  sandy-2021492  replied to  MUVA @2.3.13    4 days ago

To show that there is no rational basis for your fear.  People had the same unfounded fear in the recent past, but keep the "gun grabber" narrative on replay.

MrFrost
2.3.16  MrFrost  replied to  MUVA @2.3.5    4 days ago

One is too many.

You talking about dead kids or guns? 

MUVA
2.3.17  MUVA  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.3.15    4 days ago

You act if none of the democrats never talk gun banning or confiscation. I would be willing to bet as soon as they possibly can  democrats will ban some type of guns ammo  until stopped by the supreme court.  

MUVA
2.3.18  MUVA  replied to  MrFrost @2.3.16    4 days ago

Guns because if we really want to stop shootings in schools putting armed guards would be a sure way to save lives.

sandy-2021492
2.3.19  sandy-2021492  replied to  MUVA @2.3.17    4 days ago
You act if none of the democrats never talk gun banning or confiscation.

No, I don't.  In fact, I've explicitly acknowledged that some have.  But we have a Second Amendment that has pretty much zero chance of being repealed, and a SCOTUS to decide which laws violate that Amendment.  After 8 years of being warned that Obama was coming to take your guns, you still have them.  And the reasons you still have them still exist.

MrFrost
2.3.20  MrFrost  replied to  MUVA @2.3.18    4 days ago

You realize the last shooting that had an armed guard, did nothing to help at all, right? In fact the guard ran away. And its weird, no armed guards at any school when I was a kid, why do we need them now? More guns on the streets? Naw, can't be, because more guns means less crime? Keep telling yourself that bullshit.

Fact: more guns means more crimes committed with guns.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
2.3.21  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @2.3.4    4 days ago

Nice try.... but no.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
2.3.22  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  MUVA @2.3.17    4 days ago

Does every republican want to ban pro-choice?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
2.3.23  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  MUVA @2.3.7    4 days ago
Your ability to see what you want to see is breathtaking.

This is a discussion. Please don't make it personal. 

I read your op/ed and that is the opinion of one law professor, which he clearly states here:

According to my analysis of the bill, this version of background checks would outlaw loaning a firearm to one’s spouse or sibling for two weeks.

You do realize he comes from a mostly rural state, correct? We have plenty of guns here, and very few New Yorkers fear he will grab their guns. Why is that?

sandy-2021492
2.3.24  sandy-2021492  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.3.22    4 days ago

Republican Ronald Reagan supported the Brady Bill requiring background checks to purchase handguns and a federal ban on automatic rifles.  Trump floated the idea of firearms restrictions, but changed his tune quickly.  But some only hear (and fear) it when Dems say it.

Gordy327
2.3.25  Gordy327  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.3.24    4 days ago
But some only hear (and fear) it when Dems say it.

Talk about selective hearing.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
2.3.26  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.3.24    4 days ago
Republican Ronald Reagan supported the Brady Bill requiring background checks to purchase handguns and a federal ban on automatic rifles. 

Which is an excellent point.

But some only hear (and fear) it when Dems say it.

And the kicker here is that he is really an independent. If the two parties actually allowed for another party, he wouldn't be running as a dem. 

WallyW
2.3.27  WallyW  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.3.3    yesterday

Registration followed by confiscation.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
2.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  TᵢG @2    4 days ago

Ditto

bbl-1
3  bbl-1    5 days ago

Bloomberg might be the perfect candidate.

A real, white, billionaire versus a fake orange one.

Dean Moriarty
4  Dean Moriarty    5 days ago

He should be in jail for violating thousands of people’s civil rights with his unconstitutional stop and frisk. He’s going to be attacked for that big time and rightfully so. On top of that he’s a notorious gun grabber. 

https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2018/11/22/bloombergs-stop-and-frisk-legacy-would-complicate-presidential-bid-707075

charger 383
4.1  charger 383  replied to  Dean Moriarty @4    5 days ago

In my opinion, He should be in jail for illegally sending his goons into Virginia a few years ago on an  illegal gun grab     

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/11/nyregion/11gun.htm    

Perrie Halpern R.A.
4.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  charger 383 @4.1    4 days ago

The link is not working.

Raven Wing
4.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Dean Moriarty @4    5 days ago
On top of that he’s a notorious gun grabber. 

Better that than a psycho pussy grabber.

bbl-1
4.2.1  bbl-1  replied to  Raven Wing @4.2    5 days ago

Ah yes, the 'notorious gun grabber.'  The climax for the Forever Trumpers.

Kavika
4.3  Kavika   replied to  Dean Moriarty @4    5 days ago

Dean, you're aware that that stop and frisk program was started under Guliani, aren't you?

He wasn't attacked for it, he was praised...

Dean Moriarty
4.3.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Kavika @4.3    5 days ago

That could be but I remember the public outcry during the Bloomberg years and he defended the program. It was also racist as they targeted mostly blacks. 

Kavika
4.3.2  Kavika   replied to  Dean Moriarty @4.3.1    4 days ago

There is no ''could be'' about it Dean..It's a fact. The other fact is that Trump was a big supporter of stop and frisk. He is on record many times defending it and in the first presidential debate not only said it was a good thing but that it wasn't unconstitutional.

If he tries to attack Bloomberg over it he will get it shoved right back in his face. 

I agree, it was racist and targeted minorities. 

MUVA
4.3.3  MUVA  replied to  Kavika @4.3.2    4 days ago

Trump didn't enact nor perpetuate the policy Bloomberg did.

Paula Bartholomew
4.3.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MUVA @4.3.3    4 days ago

“I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun.”

"You know what a gun-free zone is to a sicko? That’s bait.”

“I think that if you had the teacher, assuming they knew how to use the weapon, which hopefully they would, you would’ve been a lot better when this maniac walked into class, starting to shoot people.” 

“I don’t want to have guns in classrooms, although, in some cases, teachers should have guns in classrooms, frankly.” (Trump repeated this process post-Parkland, saying during his meeting with survivors and parents at the White House, “If you had a teacher who was adept with the firearm, they could end the attack very quickly.” He then denied calling for teachers to be armed.)

All Trump quotes.

Kavika
4.3.5  Kavika   replied to  MUVA @4.3.3    4 days ago
Trump didn't enact nor perpetuate the policy Bloomberg did.

Bloomberg did not enact the policy Guliani did but he did use it and Trump supported both Guliani and Bloomberg's use of it..

That's a fact. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
4.3.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  MUVA @4.3.3    4 days ago

Trump fully supported it in NY and it was started under the Guliani days as well as Bloomberg. I would know. I live here. 

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
4.3.7  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.3.6    4 days ago

He is so popular in states outside of New York, many of our local gun ranges have his picture on the rifle range back drop.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
4.3.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @4.3.7    4 days ago

Well, at least that gave me a chuckle, although I bet it's true since these same people listen to the NRA propaganda. 

katrix
4.4  katrix  replied to  Dean Moriarty @4    yesterday
He should be in jail for violating thousands of people’s civil rights with his unconstitutional stop and frisk

But it's OK for Trump to do the same thing? And his pet toad Giuliani?

MrFrost
5  MrFrost    4 days ago

At this point, I don't care who is running for the dems, they have my vote no matter who the anointed one is. Who would I personally like to see get the nomination? Mayor Pete, (if I had to pick one). As an added bonus, we would get to watch the nutters heads explode when a gay male Christian is elected. 

r.t..b...
5.1  r.t..b...  replied to  MrFrost @5    4 days ago
As an added bonus...

the Buttigieg vs.Trump series of debates. 

KDMichigan
5.2  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @5    4 days ago
heads explode when a gay male Christian is elected. 

Why would they?

Are you saying the right will exhibit the same actions as the crying snowflake left when they lose a election? 

MUVA
5.2.1  MUVA  replied to  KDMichigan @5.2    4 days ago

They know nothing like what has happen over the last couple years will happen no time to protest or scream at the sky while working full time and having a life.We are not depending on the government for a cost of living increase ,day care, college tuition ect we will just go on working. 

MrFrost
5.2.2  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @5.2    4 days ago

That looks like a gif of the cons crying that trump is being treated unfairly.

KDMichigan
5.2.3  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @5.2.2    4 days ago
That looks like a gif of the cons crying that trump is being treated unfairly.

It's not a Gif. It is a actual Democrat crying snowflake. But you already knew that didn't you?

MrFrost
5.2.4  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @5.2.3    4 days ago

You have no idea what a gif image is do you?

LMFAO!

1stwarrior
5.2.5  1stwarrior  replied to  MrFrost @5.2.4    4 days ago

Everybody knows it means "Get In Front".

C'mon Frostie - ask a tougher one :-)

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
6  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh    4 days ago

Bloomberg will be a referendum on the 2nd amendment and well we all know how that will go in this country. Campaign DOA!

Dean Moriarty
6.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @6    4 days ago

And his support of communism might help him win the nomination but would be disaster in the general election. 

TᵢG
6.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.1    4 days ago
And his support of communism ...

Dean, good grief, how can you possibly take these comments to be support of communism (as in Red China)?   Bloomberg was talking about the political pressures on the extant communist party in China.   He was talking about politics and the need to be aligned with the people.

Just toss out your preconceived notions and listen to the actual questions asked and the actual answers given.

Dean Moriarty
6.1.2  Dean Moriarty  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.1    4 days ago

His own words did it. He won't even acknowledge that Xi is an evil dictator and the only way for the people to get rid of him is a revolution. 

TᵢG
6.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.1.2    4 days ago

You actually believe that Bloomberg was supporting communism as practiced in China??

Just goes to show how an individual's preconceived notions shape how they interpret the words of others.

He won't even acknowledge that Xi is an evil dictator and the only way for the people to get rid of him is a revolution. 

Consider this word:  diplomacy.   Do you think it wise to publicly call for a revolution in China to rid itself of an evil dictator?    Is that what you would have done in this interview?

Dean Moriarty
6.1.4  Dean Moriarty  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.3    4 days ago

How else are they going to win their freedom? Yes I absolutely believe the Chinese should rise up and overthrow their government. 

They currently have about a million people in concentration camps they prefer to call re-education camps and are harvesting their organs without anesthesia leaving them to die a horrible death. They are monsters. 

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
6.1.5  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.1.4    4 days ago

Thankfully he banned sodas over 16 ounces to stop the soda epidemic that has killed millions. I'm surprised the attorney general didn't follow it up with a suit against big soda for their genocidal beverages.

I mean everyone knows it's a gateway beverage that leads to moonpie addiction.

6.1.6  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.1.4    4 days ago
They currently have about a million people in concentration camps they prefer to call re-education camps and are harvesting their organs without anesthesia leaving them to die a horrible death. They are monsters.

I wasn't sure if you were serious or not, so I googled it.  Holy crap, you are indeed serious.  I'm sick to my stomach.

Makes me wonder why Trump and his family would want to do so much business with them.  There are just some things that money should not excuse.  This is one of them.

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
6.1.7  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @6.1.6    4 days ago
I'm sick to my stomach.

Just fart and get it over with. It's not like we can hear it.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
6.1.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @6.1.5    4 days ago

That was not why he proposed the ban. He was trying to bring down the epidemic of obesity and diabetes in NYC, that is and was a strain on the hospital system.

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
6.1.9  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.8    4 days ago

Oh I see, that explains that. Some people are fat so no one can have it. Exceptional logic.

Sign me up, where do i send the check?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
6.1.10  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @6.1.9    4 days ago

You need to review the proposed law (it never happened). Everyone could have their soda, just not in one gulp.

sandy-2021492
6.1.11  sandy-2021492  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.10    4 days ago

Yup.  Folks made a mountain out of a molehill. It never seemed to occur to anyone to just buy 2 sodas.

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
6.1.12  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1.11    4 days ago

I thought about that but then global warming. Two Styrofoam cups will accelerate our impending doom from 12 years to 6.

No one wants to be a part of that.....

Perrie Halpern R.A.
6.1.13  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @6.1.12    4 days ago

In case you don't know this, no one uses styrofoam in NY. 

Texan1211
6.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1.11    4 days ago

At an increased price.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
6.1.15  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.14    4 days ago

citation please. 

Dean Moriarty
6.1.16  Dean Moriarty  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1.11    4 days ago

It was the first thing I thought of when the ridiculous plan was revealed. I figured he probably has a friend that sells small cups that was giving him a kickback to ban large cups. 

sandy-2021492
6.1.17  sandy-2021492  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.1.16    4 days ago

I figured it was a plot against my fellow dentists.

I'm paranoid like that.

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
6.1.18  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.1.16    4 days ago

Look Dean, he doesn't want to ban your guns, just some of them.

Dean Moriarty
6.1.19  Dean Moriarty  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1.17    4 days ago

Anyway we look at it someone saw something to gain from it and it wasn’t the consumer because he would have got stuck paying more for two smalls when he really wanted one large soda. 

sandy-2021492
6.1.20  sandy-2021492  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.1.19    4 days ago

When did 16 oz become a small?

Texan1211
6.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.15    4 days ago

Citation?

Look at the store. Price one small fountain drink. Multiply by two. Price a large fountain drink. It is less for one large than two small.

Maybe it is different in New York, but I have lived in California, Nevada, Virginia, and Texas and that is how all those states are. Every state I have visited is the same, too.

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
6.1.22  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.1.19    4 days ago

The biodegradable hand cup was a revolutionary break through in the fight against global warming.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
6.1.23  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1.17    4 days ago

LMAO!!!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
6.1.24  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @6.1.18    4 days ago

Damn! A bigot against short people. I never would have thunk it. 

I better not tell mom. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
6.1.25  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.21    4 days ago

My citation was that the law never happened. 

And we do have a national obesity problem which is causing a national diabetes problem. So you must think that fat kids are a good thing?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
6.1.26  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @6.1.22    4 days ago

Well, I would have to agree with that. 

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
6.1.27  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.24    4 days ago

It's because of this.

Texan1211
6.1.28  Texan1211  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.25    4 days ago
My citation was that the law never happened. 

You asked me for a citation on MY post which was:

At an increased price. And we do have a national obesity problem which is causing a national diabetes problem. So you must think that fat kids are a good thing?

I didn't deny that obesity is a problem and no, I don't think it is a good thing for kids or adults to be fat.

If you are going to tell me what I think, perhaps I should stop posting to you since you know it all anyways.

Kavika
6.1.29  Kavika   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.25    4 days ago

th?id=OIP.5Uqb2RppUiZ_9Kjvq_W-wAHaFD&pid

Perrie Halpern R.A.
6.1.30  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.28    4 days ago
If you are going to tell me what I think, perhaps I should stop posting to you since you know it all anyways?

Hey! I asked you a question based on what you posted. That is not telling you what you think... that is inquiring for clarification. And you just called me a know it all, which is really rude. I'm just having a discussion here. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
6.1.31  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @6.1.27    4 days ago

Howard loves to mock this guy. He's NY's favorite joke. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
6.1.32  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika @6.1.29    4 days ago

Only if it has ketchup and mayo on it. 

TᵢG
6.1.33  TᵢG  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.1.4    4 days ago
How else are they going to win their freedom?

You have now moved off the point into another discussion.

Yes I absolutely believe the Chinese should rise up and overthrow their government. 

Okay.   That might happen.   They might also evolve to a more democratic rule.   But we are off talking now about what is good for China and not about what is appropriate in a worldwide public interview.

MrFrost
6.1.34  MrFrost  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1.17    4 days ago
I figured it was a plot against my fellow dentists.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

MUVA
6.1.35  MUVA  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1.11    4 days ago

I prefer the government stay out of health care decisions and the size of my soda. You can tell his plan was thought up by a office worker sitting inside a air conditioned building.I wonder if they ever thought some working people may just want to quince their thirst because they have been working in the heat for hours.   

sandy-2021492
6.1.36  sandy-2021492  replied to  MUVA @6.1.35    4 days ago

Water is a better choice to rehydrate.

Frankly, I don't care whether government limits the size of sodas or not.  The anger over it is amusing, though.

MUVA
6.1.37  MUVA  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1.36    4 days ago

When you drink gallons of water a day like I do a big gulp is refreshing at the end of the day.I will say it is pretty funny.

sandy-2021492
6.1.38  sandy-2021492  replied to  MUVA @6.1.37    4 days ago

A Big Gulp a day will rot your teeth.  Cha ching!

MUVA
6.1.39  MUVA  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1.38    4 days ago

I brush my teeth like 2 or three times a day I'M 54 and have never had a cavity or filling my wife says I OCD.

KDMichigan
6.1.40  KDMichigan  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1.36    4 days ago
I don't care whether government limits the size of sodas or not

I do and I don't even drink pop. It isn't the governments business to micro manage peoples lives. If you are to stupid to figure out that drinking 5 64 oz Big Gulps a day is bad for you then that's just natural selection kicking in. 

MUVA
6.1.41  MUVA  replied to  KDMichigan @6.1.40    4 days ago

It is the same as eating junk food I see people eating mcdonalds and drinking a diet coke like that offsets the 1200 calorie lunch.  

MUVA
6.1.42  MUVA  replied to  KDMichigan @6.1.40    4 days ago

Pop ,soda ,coke it's funny it is called different things depending where you live.

sandy-2021492
6.1.43  sandy-2021492  replied to  MUVA @6.1.42    4 days ago

When I lived in WV, it was pop.  Here in Virginia, it's soda.

KDMichigan
6.1.44  KDMichigan  replied to  MUVA @6.1.42    4 days ago
Pop ,soda ,coke it's funny

Working in Mississippi I used to get a kick out of the coke thing.....It's all coke.

MUVA
6.1.45  MUVA  replied to  KDMichigan @6.1.44    4 days ago

I know some people that call all cola coke.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
6.1.46  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  KDMichigan @6.1.40    4 days ago

Now I find this funny. The government should stay out of business when it comes to soda, but it's OK when we are talking about a woman's reproductive rights. I wonder which one of those is really more intrusive?

Buzz of the Orient
6.1.47  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1.43    4 days ago

In Canada, all soda drinks are called "pop".   

Kathleen
6.1.48  Kathleen  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1.47    3 days ago

I grew up with, soft drinks.

igknorantzrulz
6.1.49  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Kathleen @6.1.48    3 days ago

I grew up with, soft drinks.

i grew up without a pop,

but my dad was cool.

hey Buzz, that's Canada

Dry Humor

JBB
6.1.50  JBB  replied to  Kathleen @6.1.48    3 days ago

We had a refrigerated restaurant style soda fountain with all those big tanks of syrup and carbonation in our rumpus room back in the 1960s with Coke, Dr Pepper, 7-UP and Orange Crush on tap. Ours was the most popular home for all the kids in the neighborhood. Bloomberg would not have approved. I mostly avoid sodas now although a cold Coke is still a rare and guilty pleasure...

Paula Bartholomew
6.1.51  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.1    3 days ago

How soon they forget who Trump's two bff's are....Putie and Kim.

Kathleen
6.1.52  Kathleen  replied to  JBB @6.1.50    3 days ago

I like coke much better then Pepsi. Pepsi is way too sweet for me.  Sometimes we would say soda, but my  grandma called it soft drinks. I don’t drink a lot of soft drinks, I like juice better and of course water. No, from what I have been hearing on here he probably wouldn’t.

lady in black
6.1.53  lady in black  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1.43    3 days ago

3ffa88.jpg

Buzz of the Orient
6.1.54  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.49    3 days ago
"hey Buzz, that's Canada Dry Humor"

LOL  There are a lot of jokes about drinking Canada Dry - it would be a real accomplishment considering Canada has about 20% of the world's fresh water. 

Buzz of the Orient
6.1.55  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.1    3 days ago

Never seen anyone so freaked out by Communism.  I live in the middle of it and it doesn't scare me one bit, and I'm not a Communist.   But there are some people around NT who think it's the BOOGEYMAN!!!

BOO!!!

the-boogeyman-stephen-king.jpg

Buzz of the Orient
6.1.56  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.1.4    3 days ago

Harvesting organs without anesthesia?  They are monsters?  

You should be doing stand-up, but I don't think they do that in the Catskills any more.  So Dean, why don't you come to China and see for yourself, or is it going to continue to be your wet dream, based on the bullshit you read. 

Buzz of the Orient
6.1.58  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1.56    3 days ago

By the way, back in the days of Tank Man many people were impoverished, but the government has done a fantastic job of eradicating poverty, and as well, since that time a very big percentage of the people have become middle class and better.  The government gives them "bread and circuses", as I've pointed out already, and any desire for revolution has disappeared as far as I know.  Did it ever cross your mind that the people in China just might be happier these days than the people in America are right now?

th?id=OIP.EpgYGEBGAg8aRy9JW6_kYwHaEe&w=2

Buzz of the Orient
6.1.59  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JBB @6.1.57    2 days ago

Your generalization is misleading.  The Chinese government is doing what it needs to do to keep the Uigher Muslims from creating separatist terrorism.  The Uighers have carried out mass murders during the time I have been here.  As for organ gathering without anesthetic - maybe on recently deceased corpses, but then I don't think they feel pain. 

The Muslims I have known here are quite happy, and have never complained about being mistreated, and in fact they are treated no differently than anyone else here - they carry on businesses same as anyone else.  I particularly like to eat in their restaurants because I prefer lamb to pork. 

Is all of the criticism of China these days because the politics in America have become so chaotic it's used as a distraction?  This new "hate China" thing?   Personally I don't believe the reports that describe the Chinese as savages and their government as barbaric. Israelis were also described by the anti-Semites as harvesting organs from Palestinians.  IMO its just vicious propaganda.

Not too far from where I live I've seen the biggest Mosque I've ever seen, with minarets that reach for the sky.  The Swiss don't permit minarets on their mosques, so why not criticize them as well?

But then, you see, I'm prejudiced, because I've been living here for more than 13 years, and you read reports. 

KDMichigan
6.1.60  KDMichigan  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.46    yesterday
but it's OK when we are talking about a woman's reproductive rights.

C'mon Perrie where did I insinuate that? BTW I'm prochoice. 

Maybe we should pass a law on how much TP people use wiping their arse to save the trees?

katrix
6.1.61  katrix  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.1.2    yesterday
He won't even acknowledge that Xi is an evil dictator and the only way for the people to get rid of him is a revolution. 

And Trump loves Kim and Putin. Yet I don't see you complain about him.

katrix
6.1.62  katrix  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1.59    yesterday
As for organ gathering without anesthetic - maybe on recently deceased corpses, but then I don't think they feel pain. 

The issue was that they were harvesting organs from "criminals" who were convicted and executed by a corrupt system.  It was apparently a very real problem, which began to be addressed 10 or 11 years ago. 

I did go see the Falun Gong show at the Kennedy Center earlier this - very bizarre. Apparently they hate atheists as much as they hate communists and the Chinese government, and the show was so heavy on propaganda that it pretty much spoiled the beauty of the costumes and dance. I bring them up because they claim that tens of thousands of their practitioners are being killed by the Chinese government for their organs, but there is apparently is no evidence that is currently happening. In the past? Apparently yes, it did happen.

Buzz of the Orient
6.1.63  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  katrix @6.1.62    yesterday

I can't argue about things that happened in China before I came here, but the past is the past.  To the Falun Gong I would use the same expression that I have seen used in America - "Love it or leave it."

Dean Moriarty
6.1.64  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1.63    yesterday

Buzz we are still getting reports of the organ harvesting here in the states as it appears to be ongoing. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/china-religious-ethnic-minorities-organ-harvesting-uighur-muslims-falun-gong-brexit-a9120146.html

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/china-accused-of-harvesting-organs-of-uighurs-falun-gong-religious-group/

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/world-news/china-harvesting-organs-from-minorities-including-uighur-muslims-activists-tell-un/articleshow/71361765.cms

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-rights-organ-harvesting/un-urged-to-investigate-organ-harvesting-in-china-idUSKBN1W92FL

From Reuters - "Hamid Sabi called for urgent action as he presented the findings of the China Tribunal, an independent panel set up to examine the issue, which concluded in June that China’s organ harvesting amounted to crimes against humanity."

I heard a radio interview over the summer with a doctor that defected from China because he was forced by the government to remove organs from the prisoners without anesthesia and leave them to die a painful death. He couldn't handle it and defected. 

MUVA
6.1.65  MUVA  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.1.64    23 hours ago

The one organ they don't harvest from china is =   I will you fill the blank.

Dean Moriarty
6.1.66  Dean Moriarty  replied to  MUVA @6.1.65    22 hours ago

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
6.1.67  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.1.64    22 hours ago

Well then, it pays not to be a criminal, if all your reports are correct.  And are there also reports that the Israelis are harvesting organs from live Palestinians, and training sharks to eat Muslims in the Red Sea?  How about the Israeli made boots that spy on the Palestinians - I posted an article about them.

You should be careful what you post on your computer - it could have parts in it that send what you write to Beijing.  Even worse, the Huawei employees might kidnap you and send you on a slow boat to China so they can harvest YOUR organs.

Buzz of the Orient
6.1.68  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MUVA @6.1.65    22 hours ago

You mean this one?

musical-instruments-of-china-grade-8-map

JohnRussell
7  JohnRussell    4 days ago

Bloomberg has set himself up to be the moderates insurance policy.  If Biden falls on his face prior to Super Tuesday Bloomberg will be in position to pick up the pieces, assuming that Buttigieg or Kloubachar or even Harris hasnt already started to do so. 

It will be interesting to see Bloomberg tack left as he begins to campaign. There is no way he will win the nomination being anti-union. 

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
7.1  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  JohnRussell @7    4 days ago

Not to mention Hillary is running and is going to take the other candidates out at the knee caps.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
7.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @7.1    4 days ago

Fight! 

Can I watch? LOL!

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
7.1.2  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.1.1    4 days ago

Many will drop out for fear of being suicided.

igknorantzrulz
7.1.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.1.1    3 days ago

Nancy Kerrigan Tanya Harding style.

Beware , the ice x capades of March

igknorantzrulz
7.1.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @7.1.2    3 days ago

Like a Kamakazzee ?

JBB
7.1.5  JBB  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @7.1    3 days ago

I really do not believe that as my name is definitely on HRC's go to doner list and so far...NOTHING! 

I do think there is a possibility the Democratic primary may not yield a clear winner and that a "Unity Candidate" nobody is focused on yet might eventually emerge. Someone like Colorado Senator Michael Bennet could come out of nowhere to seize the Democratic nomination. I do not think it will be Bloomberg though I guess that is a possibility. With his MEGA $$$ Bloomberg could be a King Maker...

Buzz of the Orient
7.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  igknorantzrulz @7.1.3    3 days ago
"Nancy Kerrigan Tanya Harding style."

Wow!  I remember when that happened but had forgotten the names - Tanya the kneecapper. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
7.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @7    4 days ago

I would have to agree with that assessment to some degree. I am not sure if he will address unions or not. Unions are not an issue in NYC as they are in other states, as we have the Taylor law, which prohibits strikes of needed unions. 

JohnRussell
7.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.2    4 days ago
Unions are not an issue in NYC as they are in other states,

He's running for president.  I believe Bloomberg is somewhat anti-union. He will have to significantly walk that back. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
7.2.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @7.2.1    4 days ago
I believe Bloomberg is somewhat anti-union.

Based on what? 

WallyW
7.3  WallyW  replied to  JohnRussell @7    4 days ago
It will be interesting to see Bloomberg tack left as he begins to campaign.
He has no choice, the Dems don.t want a moderate, plus Bloomberg is simply not qualified.

WallyW
7.3.1  WallyW  replied to  WallyW @7.3    4 days ago

7.4  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 days ago
There is no way he will win the nomination being anti-union. 

True.  I don't think his plan included going all the way, but there will still be plenty of people that will vote for him.  At the last minute, he'll drop out and announce his support of Biden.  Ross Perot did something similar years ago. 

It Is ME
8  It Is ME    4 days ago

He makes Trump look like a "saint" ! jrSmiley_20_smiley_image.gif

Here's his most important issue to come for this country !

Perrie Halpern R.A.
8.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  It Is ME @8    4 days ago

I didn' t realize that Bloomberg has presented his platform yet, (yet in fact, he hasn't). But nice try! 

It Is ME
9  It Is ME    4 days ago

You don't look at a potential Presidential candidates past record as a politician ?

Good to know. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
9.1  Tacos!  replied to  It Is ME @9    4 days ago

If they’re a Democrat, it’s considered tampering with an election.

It Is ME
9.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Tacos! @9.1    yesterday

Or....According to Sanders and AOC.....buying an election. jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Kathleen
10  Kathleen    4 days ago

I really don’t know enough about this man to consider him for the job.

Tacos!
11  Tacos!    4 days ago

He could totally run as a Republican. That would be entertaining.