╌>

AOC Says Impeachment Necessary to Unite Dems, Stop ‘Potential Compromise of the 2020 Election’ .

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  it-is-me  •  5 years ago  •  60 comments

By:   National Review By Tobias Hoonhout November 14, 2019 9:27 AM

AOC Says Impeachment Necessary to Unite Dems, Stop ‘Potential Compromise of the 2020 Election’ .
"this is about preventing a potentially disastrous outcome from occurring next year.”

AOC is Great. jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

She says exactly what the Established Democrats say they "AREN'T" doing. jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Must.....

Impeach.....

President.....

Trump.....

Before......

The …..

Next …..

Election.....

jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.) seemed to admit on CNN Wednesday night that she is motivated to pursue impeachment because she believes in will unite the Democratic Party and make victory in the 2020 presidential election more likely.

“At the end of the day, we have to be able to come together as a caucus, and if it is this Ukrainian allegation that is what brings the caucus together, then I think we have to run with however we unify the House,” Ocasio-Cortez told Wolf Blitzer, who asked the Congresswoman whether she hoped other potential violations by Trump would be considered in any articles of impeachment.

“. . . We also need to move quite quickly because we’re talking about the potential compromise of the 2020 elections,” Ocasio-Cortez ended. “And so this is not just about something that has occurred; this is about preventing a potentially disastrous outcome from occurring next year.”

Ocasio-Cortez has long been a proponent of impeaching the president, saying during her congressional campaign last year that if elected, she would vote to impeach, and clashed with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) in the past over Democratic leadership’s unwillingness to move forward with impeachment.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    5 years ago

She still makes me chuckle !

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2  Just Jim NC TttH    5 years ago

"this is about preventing a potentially disastrous outcome from occurring next year.”

Without saying what she deems a "disastrous outcome" would be. Trump winning again? How is that disastrous? Well to butthurts I suppose it would be. They are just now getting their voices back from all the screaming at clouds they've done since January 2017. What a ditz.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2    5 years ago
Trump winning again?

That's the one. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2    5 years ago

Yup, the cat is out of the bag! The dems are afraid they can't win next November, thus this silly made for TV impeachment farce. The first hearing with Clark & Taylor was a complete failure. Don't they know what every good writer knows?  You have to hook the audience early! It is fun though, to watch them dig that hole.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago

all this impeachment is doing is making sure trump gets re-elected

once it hits the senate every witness will be grilled on the stand in public under oath.

should be good fun :)

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3    5 years ago
all this impeachment is doing is making sure trump gets re-elected

The "Little Guy" donations are rolling in for Trump.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.1.1  KDMichigan  replied to  It Is ME @3.1    5 years ago
The "Little Guy" donations are rolling in for Trump.

They are, 3.1 million raised during impeachment hearing.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.2  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  KDMichigan @3.1.1    5 years ago

The  "Impeachment" try has been great for Trump !

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.2    5 years ago

Indeed.  I’m a recurring monthly contributor to the Trump campaign.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4  seeder  It Is ME    5 years ago

Code Switching (AOC is ALWAYS full of SHIT!)
Near the beginning of the month (April 5th), AOC pretended to have a black accent when speaking to a majority black audience (which she defended as “code-switching,” claiming that she switches her voice around Hispanic crowds too as if that makes it better). She then added that she simply “acts and talks” like she’s from the Bronx, even though she grew up in Yorktown Heights (an affluent suburb that is 90% white). I suppose “code switching” must be a synonym for “pandering.”

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
4.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  It Is ME @4    5 years ago
“code switching” must be a synonym for “pandering.”

code switching?   LOL

just a new term for "complete bs"

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    5 years ago

In the immortal words of Donald Trump -

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @5    5 years ago

"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."
Marty Feldman

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @5.1    5 years ago

Good comeback .

jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.2  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.1    5 years ago

Glad you "Appreciated" it. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  It Is ME @5.1    5 years ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.4  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.1.3    5 years ago

jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7  Texan1211    5 years ago

We need to promote AOC as a leader of the Democratic Party.

She seems quite able and capable of leading jackasses.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8  Just Jim NC TttH    5 years ago

And the headline reads.............

Stop ‘Potential Compromise of the 2020 Election’

Nowhere in the article did she say that (compromise is too big a word) what she said was.............

"she is motivated to pursue impeachment because she believes in(sic) will unite the Democratic Party and make victory in the 2020 presidential election more likely.

That's what it is all about. Party and "feelings" over sanity. In other words what I like to refer to as a SCREAMER

Societal

Crazies

Rapidly

Eroding

America's

Moral

Ethics

Regarding

Sanity

lib50
Professor Silent
8.1  lib50  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8    5 years ago

Sounds to me like the 'feelings' you lot like to bring up are conservatives feeling the fear of the truth being told.  Don't like the narrative?   Tell Trump to release witnesses to tell the truth. Of course, he won't because they will tell of Trump's corruption and treason. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @8.1    5 years ago

Treason?

No need to get hysterical.

LMAO!

lib50
Professor Silent
8.1.3  lib50  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.2    5 years ago

If Trump and the gop had witnesses that would tell their 'truths', they would put them up.  Instead, they do everything to stop them.  Because they have only lies on their side.  The hysteria we all smell is gop fear.  For good reason.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @8.1.3    5 years ago

Oh, puh-lease!

Democrats can't even get their own shit together long enough to decide on a course of action.

I remember way back when it was "collusion" 24/7.

Then it was obstruction.

Then it was coercion.

Then it was quid pro quo.

Then it was bribery.

WTF will it be tomorrow?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
8.1.5  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  lib50 @8.1.3    5 years ago
If Trump and the gop had witnesses that would tell their 'truths', they would put them up.

Schifty won't allow that. "Bug eyes" only wants whom he wants !

Besides...……...

A "Good" attorney would tell an innocent person to sit back and keep quiet.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  lib50 @8.1.3    5 years ago

Ahhhh another that doesn't understand law. He doesn't have to prove his innocence. THEY have to prove his guilt.............last I knew. And just how in hell do you think anyone can discern Mr. Trump's "intent". I remember in the not too distant past that a high ranking FBI official said something to the affect that although there was some question as to motive, there is no way he could prove intent. Works both ways.

lib50
Professor Silent
8.1.8  lib50  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8.1.6    5 years ago

Um, I never said this was a 'trial'.  The are impeachment hearings, and if the gop had ANYTHING to show there was nothing nefarious,they would put it out.  Instead they go to unprecedented lengths to hide and stop every witness or 'exculpatory' piece of evidence.  They screamed for public hearings and now bitch about them.  The only intent necessary for these hearings are what Americans and the rest of the world find his intent is, and that will depend on what Trump actually has to prove he has done nothing wrong.  Why do you have such a problem investigating something so important to our national security?  Which Trump has compromised.  This is for Americans to judge, so Trump needs to put up or stop committing further impeachable offenses like he did during the hearing earlier.  Witness intimidation.  Own. Worst. Enemy.  Deal with it.

lib50
Professor Silent
8.1.9  lib50  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.2    5 years ago

Hey, Tex, guess what?  ROGER STONE FOUND GUILTY ON ALL 7 COUNTS!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  lib50 @8.1.9    5 years ago

During that trial it was revealed that Trump likely lied to Mueller in his written answers about wikileaks. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.11  JohnRussell  replied to  lib50 @8.1.8    5 years ago

Well put lib50. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8.1.12  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  lib50 @8.1.8    5 years ago
The only intent necessary for these hearings are what Americans and the rest of the world find his intent is, and that will depend on what Trump actually has to prove he has done nothing wrong.  Why do you have such a problem investigating something so important to our national security?

Bullshit. What Trump has to prove is not a fucking thing. It is up to the assholes on the committees to prove that what "he has done" IS and I posit they can't. They cannot read the man's mind for that obvious intent. Get it now or ...............

It Is ME
Masters Guide
8.1.13  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  lib50 @8.1.9    5 years ago
ROGER STONE FOUND GUILTY ON ALL 7 COUNTS!

For ? jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
8.1.14  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.10    5 years ago
During that trial it was revealed that Trump likely lied to Mueller

But...… Nothing "Proven" ?

It's likely that you're all for "conjecture" and "Innuendo" ! jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Anything True in that ? jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @8.1.9    5 years ago

Hey, LIB, guess what?

I don't give a damn!

lib50
Professor Silent
8.1.16  lib50  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.15    5 years ago

Sure Tex.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
8.1.18  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  lib50 @8.1.8    5 years ago
and if the gop had ANYTHING to show there was nothing nefarious,they would put it out.

ya mean like trump releasing the transcripts proving adam shit is full of schiff?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9  Just Jim NC TttH    5 years ago

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9    5 years ago

Why trick you supporters by throwing out the word cursive? 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
11  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago

this impeachment sham is the lefts last gasp. it's all they got and as always, not near enough.

personally I can not wait until this moves to the senate. instead of crushing it the minute it hits the senate floor I hope they publicly barbeque every so-called "witness in the house hearing and then some.

stand by folks, the proverbial shit is about to hit the lefts fan and it is gonna be an awesome new yr.

hindsight is 2020

cheers :)

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
11.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @11    5 years ago

The Senate will prove that it is indeed a worthless body and no longer serves any real purpose. Our country will become more firmly dug into the limitless executive and within 50 years we will be living in an autocracy. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
11.1.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Thrawn 31 @11.1    5 years ago
The Senate will prove that it is indeed a worthless body and no longer serves any real purpose.

the only problem with that theory is the house/dems are already doing that.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
11.1.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @11.1.1    5 years ago

[Deleted]

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
11.1.3  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Thrawn 31 @11.1.2    5 years ago
You are acting like you will be exempt.

exempt from what? try to be specific, tks

just curious,  do you think the senate investigation could possibly be funnier than the house impeachment clown show?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
11.1.4  Thrawn 31  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @11.1.3    5 years ago

exempt from what? try to be specific, tks

Exempt from the autocratic horse shit. [Deleted]

just curious,  do you think the senate investigation could possibly be funnier than the house impeachment clown show?

Honestly, our entire government is a joke to me at this point. I had kinda suspected it but Trump has laid it bare. Who gives a shit right now? We are about to declare that the President cannot commit a crime and be punished for it while in office and soon that elections aren't legit., so everything else means dog shit. The GOP is going to give us an Emperor. All hail. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
11.1.6  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Thrawn 31 @11.1.4    5 years ago
Exempt from the autocratic horse shit.

I am exempt from the autocratic donkey shit.