╌>

Poll: 70% of Americans say Trump's Ukraine actions were 'wrong,' 51% want him removed

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  19 comments

Poll: 70% of Americans say Trump's Ukraine actions were 'wrong,' 51% want him removed

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

by USA TODAY  via  USATODAY - News Top Stories

Nearly a third of the respondents say they made up their mind about whether to  impeach  Trump even before the Ukraine story broke in September.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

In Trump world, and that of his followers, when 70% of Americans say you are wrong that means you were "perfect" and when the majority of Americans wants you thrown out on your ass it means that the "American people" think you are great. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

makes sense. after all, 30% approval is a voter mandate to them.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

Go John Go - you go John - Go John Go.

Never disappointing on a daily basis.  Restores my faith in . . . something . . . . it'll come to me . . . . . wait a minute . . . . almost there . . . . . on the tip of my tongue. . . . .Who are you talking about again???

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2    5 years ago

You support the worst president in American history.  You are running out of time to rectify that situation. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.2  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.1    5 years ago

As you well know, don't support him - support the office - something many can't separate.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2.2    5 years ago

I support the office. That is why we need to get that ridiculous asshole out of there as soon as possible. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2.5  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.1    5 years ago
 the worst president in American history.

Provided "American history" begins in the year 2000.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    5 years ago

70285044_10221227946875041_8039083557156552704_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQkP1w0iP5SPgVRH48ncU-m4Ai-U-Oxbn9A4I5U5PF6PHdAdiePIKkanR5GQDUBLnWI&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=e8f7f9570866c544ece79ecb036e4dbb&oe=5E3EAFE8

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

The aggregate of polls per 538 show support for removal is now down to 47%, down from 50% when impeachment fever was breathlessly being stoked by selective leaks in mid October. Essentially, the  only people who want Trump removed are Clinton voters.

Public exposure of the evidence supporting impeachment has moved public opinion in Trump's favor. No wonder Schiff tried to keep it secret.  

This is the most partisan impeachment process in history, and if the this were a Democrat the media would be relentlessly pushing that narrative,  like they were during the Clinton impeachment. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    5 years ago

Trump slid on Birtherism, Stormy and McDougal.  Everyone is looking everywhere except the money part.  The money is the knife that will undo everything Trump and his allies pretend to stand for.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6  Just Jim NC TttH    5 years ago

WOW! That seals it..............THIS time................

" The survey of 506 adults was conducted Nov. 16-17 with a margin of error of plus or minus 4.8 percentage points."

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6    5 years ago

Yep, that's how it's done. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    5 years ago

Polls are always so damn accurate. jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
7  Dean Moriarty    5 years ago

I wonder how many of these polled based their answers on their emotions rather than the law. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dean Moriarty @7    5 years ago

70%...............

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
7.2  Jack_TX  replied to  Dean Moriarty @7    5 years ago
I wonder how many of these polled based their answers on their emotions rather than the law. 

No you don't.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    5 years ago

70≠51. So it's apparently possible for people (let's assume "reasonable people"*) to think a president's actions are wrong at some level, but simultaneously think that impeachment is not the appropriate response. 

What a perfectly civilized attitude! You can disagree with something the president does or says and not go immediately to "Impeach!" If this wrong act is a really big deal for you, you can vote for someone else in the next election. See how easy that was?

*If you think people who don't support impeachment are unreasonable, then you have to accept that some of these people who judge his action as wrong might not be reasonable people. And if it's possible to be unreasonable and think Trump has done something wrong, that opens up a lot of possibilities for people who tend to judge almost everything he does as wrong.