Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  50 comments

By:   Justin Baragona Mon, Nov 18 10:16 PM EST 

Top Diplomat Testified Pompeo Called Hannity About Yovanovitch Smears

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Politics

Top Diplomat Testified Pompeo Called Hannity About Yovanovitch Smears

Justin Baragona   Mon, Nov 18 10:16 PM EST  

18564d1d5f62b4748eb5197ccfd787c8

David Hale, the under secretary of state for political affairs, said in his closed-door impeachment testimony that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called Fox News host   Sean Hannity   last spring to ask about   the smear campaign launched   against former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, according to a transcript that was made public Monday night.

Discussing efforts by Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani and pro-Trump media   to besmirch the reputation of Yovanovitch   ahead of her ouster as ambassador, Hale noted that Pompeo spoke to Giuliani twice in late March regarding the allegations.

At the time, conservative columnist John Solomon had reported that former Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko said Yovanovitch had given him a “do not prosecute list.” (Lutsenko would later walk back that claim.)

Hale, the third-ranking official in the State Department, then testified he was aware that Hannity was pushing this particular narrative on his Fox News primetime program, and that Pompeo contacted the conservative star.

“It did come up at some point with the secretary,” Hale said. “I understood that he did call Sean Hannity.”

Asked what he understood Pompeo said to Hannity, Hale claimed that if there are any allegations, “I need to see what the evidence is.”

Hale further declared that no one within the State Department thought the allegations that were being spread about Yovanovitch had any credibility or validity. At the same time, he acknowledged that despite the belief there was no basis behind the smears, the word got back to Yovanovitch there would be no statement of support for her.

Hale’s testimony tracks with that of both Yovanovitch and senior State Department official George Kent, who both said   it was their understanding   that Pompeo or someone from State called the Fox host to see “what is going on” with coverage of the allegations.

Hannity, meanwhile,   has repeatedly denied   that Pompeo contacted him at the time, calling the testimony “fake news” and insisting that he barely covered Yovanovitch during the spring, claiming that he didn’t “know anything about this woman.” He   has also threatened   to file a lawsuit if officials didn’t “stop spreading bogus rumors and smears about” him.

Shortly after Hale’s testimony was dropped on Monday night, Hannity reiterated his denials that Pompeo or anyone from State called him, exclaiming that “we barely mentioned this woman.”

“I never got a call from Secretary Pompeo,” Hannity fumed. “Why would they lie about this?!”

“You are being smeared,” Fox News legal analyst and frequent Hannity guest Gregg Jarrett responded, going on to add, “Donald Trump has been smeared for the better part of three years.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

So why the fuck is Pompeo contacting Hannity about anything?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

So why the fuck is Pompeo contacting Hannity about anything?

Maybe because Trump is mad at him for allowing State Department personnel to testify under oath that Trump compromised national security for personal political gain...?  Call it a far-right therapy session.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

Gordon Sondland just confirmed on live TV that Mike Pompeo was totally in on Trump's illegal conspiracy to extort the Ukrainians into manufacturing dirt on Joe Biden. Pompeo Is Toast, too... 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @1.2    5 years ago

The whole goddamned tRump administration is complicit.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.2  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.1    5 years ago

It is surely looking that way...

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.3  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

Allegedly. You forgot the word allegedly. As in allegedly full of dog shit.

It is funny all of these leaks coming closed door testimonies. It is almost like the Democrats are filtering their BS to match their narratives.

If Hannity isn't lying; then he should sue the fuck out them for slander/liable. Put the burden of proof on the accusers to back up their statements. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Ronin2 @1.3    5 years ago
It is funny all of these leaks coming closed door testimonies.

Have you ever considered reading the article before commenting on it???

From the 1st paragraph, of just the piece of the article above...

David Hale, the under secretary of state for political affairs, said in his closed-door impeachment testimony that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called Fox News host   Sean Hannity   last spring to ask about   the smear campaign launched   against former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, according to a transcript that was made public Monday night.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.3.3  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Ronin2 @1.3    5 years ago

So as usual..... your hero is lying.

Don't you ever tire of championing liars like Hannity, Trump and Fox News?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.4  JohnRussell  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.3.3    5 years ago
Don't you ever tire of championing liars like Hannity, Trump and Fox News?

Don't be silly. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.3.3    5 years ago

'So as usual..... your hero is lying.

Don't you ever tire of championing liars like Hannity, Trump and Fox News?'

Don't forget Carter Page.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.3.6  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @1.3    5 years ago
Put the burden of proof on the accusers to back up their statements. 

So we should be asking trump to prove that the Bidens broke the law in the Ukraine. Awsome, put him under oath and let him tell us how he knows, (then lock that fucker up for lying). 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.3.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  MrFrost @1.3.6    5 years ago

Actually, if you are open minded enough, the plain and simple fact that Hunter was on board with Burisma, who KNEW they were being scrutinized extensively, they put him on the board in hopes that Mr. Biden would do exactly what it ends up he did.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.3.8  katrix  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3.7    5 years ago

Funny, my understanding is that the scrutiny into Burisma ended a few years before they brought Hunter Biden on board.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.3.9  It Is ME  replied to  katrix @1.3.8    5 years ago
Funny, my understanding is that the scrutiny into Burisma ended a few years before they brought Hunter Biden on board.

Was that after "Dementia Joe" Put the kibosh on investigations for "Big Bucks" ? 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.3.10  katrix  replied to  It Is ME @1.3.9    5 years ago
Was that after "Dementia Joe" Put the kibosh on investigations for "Big Bucks" ? 

Biden actually pressured Ukraine to get rid of a corrupt prosecutor who was NOT investigating, but you go right on believing Russian propaganda and Demented Dipshit Donnie's lies. You're eating right out of their hands.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.3.11  It Is ME  replied to  katrix @1.3.10    5 years ago
but you go right on believing Russian propaganda and Demented Dipshit Donnie's lies. You're eating right out of their hands.

Seems ….. Russia, Russia, Russia...…. cough ...… "Ignore" that statement". jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

I'd love to get a job I know NOTHING ABOUT, and get tens of thousands of dollars a month for it....'cause DADDY was second in command of the most prosperous country on this planet. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

But .......Trump "said something" to someone else ! Trump must DIE ! jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.12  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @1.3.11    5 years ago
I'd love to get a job I know NOTHING ABOUT, and get tens of thousands of dollars a month for it....'cause DADDY was second in command of the most prosperous country on this planet.

Change your name to Trump..

dictators-01.jpg

171119-whitehouse-fam-tease_vzkrmr

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.3.13  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.12    5 years ago

Ain't it great when people "Want' to do things for America , even if they lose in the private sector ? jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Which one is on a Government salary again ?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.3.14  MrFrost  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3.7    5 years ago
simple fact that Hunter was on board with Burisma

Making money in a foreign country is not illegal. If it was, all of trumps kids should be in prison. Let's not forget Jr's trip to China where he sold green cards for 500k each. THAT'S corruption. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.3.15  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @1.3.13    5 years ago

Which one is on a Government salary again ?

Donny. He says he gives it away but.....no tax returns so he is most likely lying about that too. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.3.16  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @1.3.15    5 years ago
Donny. He says he gives it away but.....no tax returns so he is most likely lying about that too.

Rachel Maddow showed you his super secret "Tax Return" already. It was a "BUST" for Liberal Land !

Anything else ?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.17  Texan1211  replied to  It Is ME @1.3.16    5 years ago

Trump played the tax returns fools for what they are.

It is still funny listening to them whine about Trump's taxes--especially an ounce of common sense would tell them that IF there was anything in Trump's taxes--they would have leaked by now, if not before the election. The last President's IRS seemingly had no problem getting involved in politics.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.3.18  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.17    5 years ago

That's why I love Trumps "Tweets". It get's the "Left" all "verklempt", and they drop everything they say they want to do. Meanwhile....Trump actually DOES what he says he's gonna do. jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Good for "American Citizens" for sure ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.19  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @1.3.16    5 years ago
Rachel Maddow showed you his super secret "Tax Return" already. It was a "BUST" for Liberal Land ! Anything else ?

Rachel Maddow showed us a few hand picked pages that Trump "leaked" from a very old tax return that probably had several HUNDRED  pages in the original document.

And it DID NOT show Trump giving his salary to charity.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.20  Texan1211  replied to  It Is ME @1.3.18    5 years ago

It's even funnier when they still don't get that they are being played.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.21  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.19    5 years ago
Rachel Maddow showed us a few hand picked pages that Trump "leaked" from a very old tax return that probably had several HUNDRED  pages in the original document

Gee, Dumb Old Donald played a Rhodes Scholar and an entire television network's top brass?

That is hilarious to see someone from the left admit that!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.3.22  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.20    5 years ago

The "Played" don't even know Schiffty Schiff figured that out too. He's been "playing" his own since Jan. 2017. jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.3.23  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.19    5 years ago
Rachel Maddow showed us a few hand picked pages

But Rachel found the "Glory Hole". It was advertised at nauseum all over the place, as the " Must See TV for Liberal types " thingy. She had the "Goods". jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.24  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.21    5 years ago
Gee, Dumb Old Donald played a Rhodes Scholar and an entire television network's top brass?

You are going to have to define "played", in how you used it.  They were given a few pages of a tax return, they promptly reported on it.  If in your mind, that constitutes "played", then so be it.  However that would be your personal definition that the majority do not agree with.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.25  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.24    5 years ago
You are going to have to define "played", in how you used it.  

Played--made fools of.

They were given a few pages of a tax return, they promptly reported on it. 

I suppose that would depend on your definition of "promptly".

Advertising the big scoop and hyping it as something truly newsworthy leads me to believe that they thought they actually HAD something.

Hilarious!

[deleted]

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.3.26  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.19    5 years ago

To Trump, charity will always begin at home.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.27  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.25    5 years ago
Played--made fools of.

So you are claiming that those were not pages from an old tax return of Trump's?  He made a fool of them by passing off someone else's???

I suppose that would depend on your definition of "promptly".

Really?  All you can do is argue semantics?

Advertising the big scoop and hyping it as something truly newsworthy leads me to believe that they thought they actually HAD something.

So he "played" the marketing team by making them hype that they had received a partial of an old tax return.  Boy he fooled them there....

But you probably were one of the fools reeled in by the "story" and the "news bombshell" little Rachel revealed!

Please provide links to the Maddow show calling it a bombshell.  Thank you.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.28  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  katrix @1.3.8    5 years ago

'Funny, my understanding is that the scrutiny into Burisma ended a few years before they brought Hunter Biden on board.'

You know the tRump supporters and their alternate facts and history and reality don't you, you silly goose?  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.29  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.20    5 years ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.30  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.21    5 years ago

That stupid fuck moron has never outsmarted anyone.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.31  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @1.3.22    5 years ago

Playing his own what?

God I'd love it if anything you said had an ounce of coherence or sense.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.32  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.27    5 years ago

You're funny. I like that.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.33  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.30    5 years ago

Tell it to the internet.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.34  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.32    5 years ago
You're funny. I like that.

And you are apparently unable to back up anything whatsoever of your claims.  If you can't argue with facts and honesty, why do you even bother. 

Not saying you are, but it makes you look like a paid shill from Russia, China, or RNC, just trying to spread misinformation.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.35  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.34    5 years ago
And you are apparently unable to back up anything whatsoever of your claims.  If you can't argue with facts and honesty, why do you even bother. 

You should read more then.

Not saying you are, but it makes you look like a paid shill from Russia, China, or RNC, just trying to spread misinformation.

Phhhffffttttttt. Hogwash and bullshit.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.36  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.35    5 years ago
You should read more then.

Lot of bluster from you, but still nothing whatsoever to back up your claims.  Figures....

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.3.37  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.31    5 years ago
Playing his own what?

"Constituents" ? jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.38  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.36    5 years ago
'Lot of bluster from you, but still nothing whatsoever to back up your claims.  Figures....'

Standard MO.  Just bitches, pisses and moans and whines and trolls.  All she has.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

Consulting Hannity about this is like consulting Jeff Dahmer for vegetarian cooking tips.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

20buel.jpg

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Tessylo @2    5 years ago

I think my republican wife nailed it the other night.  She said Trump's hospital visit was Act I of him resigning for "Medical Reasons".

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1    5 years ago

His anal warts spread to his brain and complicated the tertiary syphilis.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    5 years ago

Never cared much for Hannity.  Thought he was another one of those over paid, under qualified man boys.

Little is known about him.  Wonder how his divorce is going?  Is it done?  How much will it cost him?

Also never knew what 'services' Michael Cohen provided Hannity. 

Cohen had only three clients.  Donald J. Trump, Elliot Broidy and Sean Hannity.  The 'services' Cohen provided Trump and Broidy  are well documented.  But nothing for Hannity.  Why?

As far as Pompeo, Hannity and the rest of the Klan.  H. Clinton was right when she tagged the term, "A vast right wing conspiracy."

freepress
Freshman Silent
4  freepress    5 years ago

All of these sycophants jumped on a bandwagon they are going to wish they passed on .