╌>

US Rep Ilhan Omar accused of being foreign agent

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  80 comments

US Rep Ilhan Omar accused of being foreign agent

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Al Arabiya English 's Abdulla Almanai reports that U.S. Congresswoman   Ilhan Omar   was recruited by a foreign government, passed sensitive information that was relayed to Iran, and received funding by a foreign government, quoting a sworn deposition by a Canadian businessman in a Florida court.

In video link testimony from Toronto, Canada to a Florida District Court on October 23, Kuwaiti-born Alan Bender claims to have ties with governments and royal officials across the Middle East including Qatar. He says he met Qatar’s Secretary to the Emir for Security Affairs Mohammad bin Ahmed bin Abdullah al-Masnad and two other senior Qatari officials.

The three allegedly claimed credit for Omar's meteoric rise, saying: “If it wasn't for our cash, Ilhan Omar would be just another black Somali refugee in America collecting welfare and serving tables on weekends,” according to Bender’s sworn deposition. The deposition was obtained by   Al Arabiya English   and authenticated by the attorney for the plaintiffs.

American and Turkish media previously reported that Omar met Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, a key supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood, when she was a junior state representative in Minnesota in 2017. According to Bender, Omar met Erdogan and allegedly swore allegiance to him.

Bender claims that once Omar took office, she used her position in the House of Representatives to access sensitive information which she relayed to Qatar, and through them to Iran.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2  It Is ME    5 years ago

ISIS Infiltration of "America". jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  It Is ME @2    5 years ago

ISIS Infiltration of "America".  

Sure seems like ignorance infiltrating America to me.

So, Trumpp can be accused of a thousand or so things that are ALL so easily explained a way people can't question as NONE of it coulld be possibly True,

but,     She is automatically presumed guilty as she has more pigment and her faith is different than many Anglo Saxophone playing always guilty ones, unless proof is required. As there is a threshold that must remain consistent if our country is to remain respected 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.1    5 years ago

Good points. The same people who ignore the obvious fact that Trump is guilty as hell are the same ones ready to use unproven information  to jump all over a Muslim woman who has a different viewpoint on politics than they do. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    5 years ago
The same people who ignore the obvious fact that Trump is guilty as hell are the same ones ready to use unproven information  to jump all over a Muslim woman who has a different viewpoint on politics than they do.

But she's got a funny name, so she must be un-American.  /s

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.2    5 years ago
But she's got a funny name, so she must be un-American.

Nah !

It's ALL about the way she says !

Or....

…..maybe.....

Thinking about it a bit more.... jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

……... it does have something to do with her name. jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

hmmmmmm…… jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

Democrats must have been intimidated by a name like that, when they wouldn't censure her "Personally", for her "Personal" anti-Semitic remarks. That's why they had to include "EVERYONE" instead.

WOW..... It's like a "Catch 22" ! jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    5 years ago

This story sounds rather strange.

The three allegedly claimed credit for Omar's meteoric rise, saying: “If it wasn't for our cash, Ilhan Omar would be just another black Somali refugee in America collecting welfare and serving tables on weekends,” according to Bender’s sworn deposition. The deposition was obtained byAl Arabiya Englishand authenticated by the attorney for the plaintiffs.

BF you are an amateur detective, do you notice anything odd in that paragraph?  As far as the source being "factually high" , the Israeli site you linked is not the source for the story. 

I might take this seriously were Alan Bender to check out as believable.  People lie under oath all the time. Look at Corey Lewandowski. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @3    5 years ago
As far as the source being "factually high" , the Israeli site you linked is not the source for the story. 

Try this one:

Al Arabiya English 's Abdulla Almanai reports ...

------------

LEAST BIASED

Factual Reporting:  HIGH

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1    5 years ago

We'll see what happens. If the lady has done something wrong, then she will pay the consequences. 

When I look it up online, too much of the buzz about this is coming from completely unreliable right wing web sites and twitter accounts.  If and when the regular media pick up on it we will see what it actually is. 

I noticed names like Dnesh Dsouza promoting this story and he is simply not a truthful advocate. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    5 years ago
completely unreliable right wing web sites

According to the all-knowing MBFC, the site I posted is neither unreliable nor right wing.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1.2    5 years ago

All knowing?  Lol!  I get the joke as it’s anything but...

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.4  Jasper2529  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.3    5 years ago

Sorry, I should have italicized so the sarcasm would have been more evident to some who may not get it.  jrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1.2    5 years ago

The story was also published by The Jerusalem Post, which is rated "LEAST BIASED" by MBFC.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.7  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    5 years ago
We'll see what happens. If the lady has done something wrong, then she will pay the consequences.

The story is about the existence of the accusations, not about the accuracy of those accusations.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @3    5 years ago

I have to agree with John here.  As an advocate of the requirement that a person is innocent until proven guilty I cannot deny that just an accusation, even under oath, is not sufficient to deport her.  HOWEVER, it is NECESSARY in the circumstances to remove her from the Foreign Affairs committee and any other committee where information could be sensitive concerning the security of the USA until the matter has come to a final conclusion.

Do you agree with that, John?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.2.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2    5 years ago
I have to agree with John here.  As an advocate of the requirement that a person is innocent until proven guilty

unless it is trump... LOL

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.2.1    5 years ago

That may be your wish, but even Trump is entitled to that benefit, or are you saying that there is no equality under the law?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.2.3  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2.2    5 years ago
That may be your wish,

ya,,, because I hate trump more than john... LOL

btw: that was sarcasm "also

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4  Jasper2529    5 years ago
Omar's meteoric rise

The Squad's rise to notoriety and power in less than a year in the House of Representatives has been stunning. Too bad three of them are currently under investigation for campaign finance fraud. Omar is one of them. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    5 years ago

I don't have enough information to actually have an opinion one or way or another, but it sure sounds highly improbable. Another outlet running the story indicates there might be something of a propaganda battle going on with Qatar and Saudi Arabia. Also, the specific source for this information, Alan Bender ,

bender-pic-for-blog.jpg?w=450

apparently has a history of saying some dramatic, but unverifiable things.

Alan Bender’s federal court testimony claims Ilhan Omar is Qatar’s ‘crown jewel’ in DC: Report

Kuwaiti-born Canadian citizen Alan Bender, has made other explosive accusations in the past that have not been corroborated (though nothing has been disproven, either).

So, stay skeptical, but open-minded I guess?

b8cae1c25b796316b1dc66a4d90218be.jpg

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.1  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @7    5 years ago

It's pretty bad when the 

'strongly right leaning and opinion website'  Daily Caller calls out a 'news'  article as "highly dubious".

Google this;

"Is Omar a foreign agent"

and this very seed on NT is tenth on the list, just after The Gateway Pundit and just in front of The Geller Report.

"Highly dubious" may be the understatement of the year...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @7.1    5 years ago

I'm SHOCKED.  Badfish only uses trusted sources.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8  Just Jim NC TttH    5 years ago

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
8.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8    5 years ago

It's not out of the realm of possibility. Ms. Omar (or whatever her name really is) has certainly exhibited a penchant for making anti-American comments. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
8.2  cjcold  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8    5 years ago

Don't forget about that Kenyan ni--er that this white man voted for twice. 

[Deleted]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
8.2.1  KDMichigan  replied to  cjcold @8.2    5 years ago
Don't forget about that Kenyan ni--er

Didn't you get the notice? The race card is wore out now that the left says we have a orange President. 

Now everybody is a deplorable backwoods hick that is being fooled by the new fascist Hitler. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  KDMichigan @8.2.1    5 years ago
Didn't you get the notice? The race card is wore out now that the left says we have a orange President. 

The only n w words that apply to Trump are nit and wit. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
8.2.3  It Is ME  replied to  cjcold @8.2    5 years ago
Don't forget about that Kenyan ni--er that this white man voted for twice.

Did you vote for his Black Side....or his White Side ? jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
8.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8    5 years ago

I'm just surprised at how many up votes this obviously bigoted anti-American statement received.

It would be like blaming all Asian people for Pearl Harbor. Islam did not attack us on 9/11, a handful of radical Muslim extremists from Saudi Arabia did. Trying to paint all Muslims as our enemies and attacking any of them who dare get involved in US politics is the very definition of a despicable bigot. I'm not an Omar fan, I think she has stuck her feet in her mouth on several occasions, but equating her with murderous terrorists is beyond disgusting and those doing it should be ashamed of themselves. Sadly, I doubt that will happen since so few Trump supporters have any shame left, it's all been spent defending the indefensible over the last three years as they destroyed their own reputations all to support dirty dishonest Donald.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
9  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago
Florida District Court on October 23, Kuwaiti-born Alan Bender 

yet they did not name the case number?   maybe I missed it...

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
10  bbl-1    5 years ago

Nah.  The foreign agent is Trump.

lib50
Professor Silent
10.1  lib50  replied to  bbl-1 @10    5 years ago

You beat me to it.  Yet ANOTHER projection from exactly what Trump is.  Someone who makes Russia great again and America weaker.  I think they have a name for that.

bugsy
Professor Participates
10.1.1  bugsy  replied to  lib50 @10.1    5 years ago

BOO!!!!!! There's a Russian under your bed...and in  your closet, and is the passenger in your car....and the guy sitting next to you at the doctor's office. RUSSIANS ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bugsy @10.1.1    5 years ago

THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING! THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING! 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10.1.2    5 years ago

They're here, in the now White Trash House.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
10.1.4  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.3    5 years ago
They're here, in the now White Trash House.

I thought it was the "Tube Snake Boogy" house. jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
10.1.6  KDMichigan  replied to  It Is ME @10.1.4    5 years ago
I thought it was the "Tube Snake Boogy" house.

She hasn't got the memo that the Trash left the White house with his Husband on January 20th 2017.  

lib50
Professor Silent
10.1.7  lib50  replied to  KDMichigan @10.1.6    5 years ago

No defense for Trump making Russia great again?  Trying to pretend the entire republican party is protecting the USA won't work, they've done way too much damage for anybody except the more ignorant to believe their lies.  Corruption is the name of the gop game, and as usual they project their crimes on to someone else.   Just like Trump was trying to do in Ukraine with the complicit gop, who are more aligned with Russia than the Constitution of the United States.  Since you didn't  read the Mueller report you don't know Trump's ties to Russia were part of it.  Mueller just didn't go further because of that 'sitting president' thing.  But he clearly laid out it was for congress to address.  Which they are.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
10.1.9  KDMichigan  replied to  lib50 @10.1.7    5 years ago
No defense for Trump making Russia great again? 

He did? Are you sure it isn't just you that thinks Russia is great?

Trying to pretend the entire republican party is protecting the USA won't work, they've done way too much damage for anybody except the more ignorant to believe their lies.

Is it the ignorant that believe lies or the ignorant that use the same old talking points?

Corruption is the name of the gop game, and as usual they project their crimes on to someone else.

Yeah okay if you say so. What is the DNC then, the party for ignorant people who like to be treated like sheep?

Since you didn't  read the Mueller report you don't know Trump's ties to Russia were part of it.

Obviously you didn't either but instead got your talking points off a episode of CNN in their, I dream of impeachment, series.

But nice of you to drop in and share your but Trump whining moment on a article that has nothing to do with him.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
11  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Ilhan Omar was not the only person mentioned by this guy. Just wait till you see the rest of the "assets".