╌>

Biden announces 'No Malarkey' Iowa bus tour to boost slumping 2020 campaign

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  22 comments

Biden announces 'No Malarkey' Iowa bus tour to boost slumping 2020 campaign

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

White House   hopeful   Joe Biden   announced an upcoming "No Malarkey" bus tour on Thursday, in an effort to connect with Iowa voters ahead of the nation's first presidential primary.

The eight-day tour is set to cover 18 counties and is designed to help Biden's image, as his  Democratic   frontrunner status hangs in the balance.

The tour's name is likely derived from his 2012 vice presidential debate against former GOP Rep. Paul Ryan, when he told the Wisconsin Republican that his critique of the Obama administration's foreign policy was, "a bunch of malarkey."

“When Joe Biden first announced he was running, he told Iowans they’d be seeing a lot of him — and he meant it,” Biden campaign manager George   Schultz said . “Being honest, upfront and authentic is core to who Joe Biden is and why Iowans love him.”

The tour is set to begin on Nov. 30 and will include stops in Cedar Rapids,  Waterloo Mason City , Elkader, Decorah, and Oelwein.

Schultz added that "when it comes to protecting health care, rebuilding the middle class, and defeating Donald Trump, Joe will continue laying out a clear vision about how he will deliver results for working families."

Biden was mocked on Thursday by former senior Obama adviser David Axelrod during a CNN debate panel. Axelrod said Biden was "Mr. Magooing his way" through the primary.

"Biden, I wouldn’t say that he was a house of fire in any of the debates that we’ve been to. And yet he comes — kind of bumps along, kind of Mr. Magoo-ing his way through this,"   Axelrod said .

"And you keep worrying he’s going to hit a wall but he’s moving forward.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

bugsy
Professor Participates
2  bugsy    5 years ago

So does this mean he will admit to extorting the Ukraine government to fire the prosecutor that was looking into corruption in the company he son was a "board member" of, and that his coke snorting son got his cushy, do nothing, 50,000 a month job because of his last name?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    5 years ago

Malarkey?

Dude! How OLD are you?

Maybe instead of trying to get back into the race, it's time to just get out. Like, 23 SKIDOO!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4  It Is ME    5 years ago

Biden wants to bring the 1920's back ! jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
7  Dean Moriarty    5 years ago

It's not looking good for Joe. He had two ice cream cones when everyone else only had one and we all know how upsetting that is to liberals. 

charger 383
Professor Silent
9  charger 383    5 years ago

"No Malarkey" bus tour"

I guess Hunter is not coming along on the trip