╌>

Election Meddling - Who was really behind it?

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  12 comments

By:   KAREN YOURISH and TROY GRIGGS

Election Meddling - Who was really behind it?
American intelligence agencies and both parties on Capitol Hill are in consensus that, as Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence, said, “Russia conducted an unprecedented influence campaign to interfere in the U.S. electoral and political process.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Kirstjen Nielsen, the secretary of homeland security, said that Russia was attempting to influence the midterm elections. Ms. Nielsen was joined at the briefing by Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence, Christopher A. Wray, the F.B.I. director, and Gen. Paul M. Nakasone, the head of the National Security Agency.   Tom Brenner for The New York Times

American intelligence agencies and both parties on Capitol Hill are in consensus that, as Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence, said, “Russia conducted an unprecedented influence campaign to interfere in the U.S. electoral and political process.”

T he federal and congressional intelligence and national security groups that have stated that Russia interfered in the election:

1.   Central Intelligence Agency

2.   Office of the Director of National Intelligence

3.   F.B.I.

4.   National Security Agency

5.   Justice Department

6.   Department of Homeland Security

7.   House Intelligence Committee

8.   Senate Intelligence Committee

In a  January 2017 assessment , the Central Intelligence Agency, the National Security Agency, the F.B.I. and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence concluded that Russia interfered in the election. Officials across the intelligence community have affirmed the findings in the report. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

In a  January 2017 assessment , the Central Intelligence Agency, the National Security Agency, the F.B.I. and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence concluded that Russia interfered in the election. Officials across the intelligence community have affirmed the findings in the report, while Mr. Trump has questioned them.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago
“Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the US presidential election.” Jan. 6, 2017 »
--Intelligence assessment by the C.I.A., National Security Agency, F.B.I. and Office of the Director of National Intelligence

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago
“The director stands by and has always stood by the January 2017 intelligence community assessment.”Nov. 11, 2017
--Mike Pompeo
C.I.A. director

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4  It Is ME    5 years ago

Oh No !

Not THE …… "Influence' thingy !jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

Professional "American" Politicians, along with "American Media", do THE ….. "Influence" thingy.....ALL THE TIME !jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1  cjcold  replied to  It Is ME @4    5 years ago

Sad that you think that the use of emojis makes you seem more intelligent. Grow up!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  cjcold @4.1    5 years ago

Any comment on the actual "Words" I used ? jrSmiley_25_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  cjcold @4.1    5 years ago

I think they need to take his emoji privileges away.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    5 years ago

Election meddling and who engineered it? 

The answer is simple as stated by the stable genius.  "A four hundred pound dude living in his mom's basement."  For the simple, the simplistic solution always works best.

US does not need professional or dedicated INTEL patriots when it has the 'hair man' in charge. 

Besides, now the American betrayal of the Kurds seems as distant as the era of 'The Stormy Who'.  Trumpism moves at light speed.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
6  Nerm_L    5 years ago

Note that the intelligence agencies are not saying that Russia was the only foreign country or foreign entity meddling in the election.  There are a host of lobbyists in Washington representing many different governments and foreign interests.  It's all quite legal as long as a hired political mercenary does the meddling.  And there are a number of activists groups in the United States promoting foreign interests, too.

Also note that the intelligence agencies are reporting after the deed was done.  The report is that Russia did meddle in the election.  The intelligence agencies did not prevent Russian meddling and did not protect the election.  Part of the motivation for hair-on-fire reporting is to cover up the failure of the intelligence agencies to protect the election and protect the country. 

What is the public getting for all the tax money being spent on intelligence activities?  The article highlights only eight intelligence groups and there are at least three times that many.  All the reporting about Russian meddling in the election shows that our intelligence groups and agencies didn't do their job.  The intelligence agencies cannot plead poverty so the only adequate explanation is incompetence.  Throwing more public money at intelligence agencies and activities won't fix institutional incompetence. 

Everyone is shouting that Russia did it.  But what is not being said is that the government's intelligence agencies failed to prevent it.  It's too late to yell 'fire' after the forest has burned.