╌>

Lindsey Graham Breaks Ranks With Trump, Declares Ukraine Conspiracy Theory False

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  122 comments

By:   Josephine Harvey, HuffPost

Lindsey Graham Breaks Ranks With Trump, Declares Ukraine Conspiracy Theory False

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Politics

710c91c0-4b9c-11e7-8912-374be9390b1b_H-1   Josephine Harvey, HuffPost   10 hours ago  

Lindsey Graham Continues To Bow To Trump

Sen.  Lindsey Graham  (R-S.C.) has broken ranks with President  Donald Trump   and many of his GOP allies, declaring Tuesday that he is “1,000% confident” that Russia, not Ukraine, interfered in the 2016 U.S. election.

His view contradicts a conspiracy theory  backed by  Russian President  Vladimir Putin  and peddled by Trump and others in his party that Ukraine meddled in the presidential election and framed the Russians.

“It was the Russians. I’m 1,000% confident that the hack of the [Democratic National Committee] was by Russian operatives, no one else,” Graham told reporters on Capitol Hill. 

In a subsequent interview with CNN, Graham said he had “no doubt” that it was the Russians who hacked the emails of the DNC and Hillary Clinton campaign chair John Podesta.

“It wasn’t Ukraine. Russia was behind the stolen DNC emails and Podesta and all that good stuff,” the senator said.

“So as to the Ukraine, they had zero to do with the hacking of the DNC and the stealing of the emails. Whether or not people from the Ukraine met with DNC operatives, I don’t know. All I’ve seen is press reports that no one has validated.”

The senator joins Sen.  Mitt Romney  (R-Utah), who also  told reporters  on Tuesday that he’d seen no evidence of Ukrainian meddling, in distancing himself from the theory floated by some of their Republican colleagues.

The break comes amid the House impeachment inquiry, which was triggered by the president’s dealings with Ukraine. At the center of the probe is a July 25 phone call to Ukraine in which Trump referenced the hacking theory to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, urging him to look into CrowdStrike, a California-based cybersecurity firm that had investigated the breach of the DNC email system. 

The president  called into  “Fox & Friends” recently to again push the theory, claiming that CrowdStrike is owned by a “wealthy Ukrainian.” The company is U.S.-owned.

Politico  and  CNN  reported Monday that a GOP-led Senate Intelligence Committee found no evidence when investigating allegations of interference by Ukraine, according to sources with direct knowledge of the inquiry. 

Graham’s comments contrast with those of Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.), who  declined to directly refute  the theory and refused to say whether he saw evidence that Ukraine interfered, despite his own committee’s conclusion that Russia had interfered in the 2016 election and was “overtly and almost invariably supportive of then-candidate Trump.”

Graham is usually a devoted Trump defender. He has  blocked a Senate resolution  to formally recognize the Armenian genocide at the behest of the White House,  opened  a formal investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden’s work in Ukraine despite the claims of corruption being widely discredited and unsubstantiated, and repeatedly denied unfavorable but damning testimony against Trump during the impeachment inquiry. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Another rat appears to be abandoning the sinking ship of the corrupt criminal enterprise of the tRump administration.  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    5 years ago

The rest of the rats still have TDS Trump DENIAL syndrome

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

I’m 1,000% confident that the hack of the [Democratic National Committee] was by Russian operatives, no one else,” Graham told reporters on Capitol Hill. 

That is the totally debunked theory, BUT NOT THE ONLY ONE!

What about the infamous "black ledger"??????

Funny how progressives like to conflate everything into the hacking of the DNC.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
3.1  Steve Ott  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    5 years ago
black ledger

And that has what to do with the article?

hacking of the DNC

Seems rump was rather overjoyed by it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Steve Ott @3.1    5 years ago
And that has what to do with the article?

Everything. Dosen't the article deal with Ukrainian conspiracy theories?  Or only the ones that have been debunked?

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.1    5 years ago

[Removed]

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.3  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.1    5 years ago
Everything. Dosen't the article deal with Ukrainian conspiracy theories?  Or only the ones that have been debunked?

So the 'black ledger' is just another of your conspiracy theories. Thanks for admitting as much. 

BTW, how do you know that the 'black ledger' BS isn't included in what Graham is declaring false? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @3.1.3    5 years ago
So the 'black ledger' is just another of your conspiracy theories.

Remember when the the Army Air Forces announced that a mysterious object that had crashed in the desert outside Roswell, New Mexico, was not a flying saucer but just a weather balloon?  People who thought it was something else were called conspiracy theorists. Well guess what - the conspiracy theory turned out to be true. It wasn't a weather balloon. Until these things are investigated people get to form their own conclusions.

BTW, how do you know that the 'black ledger' BS isn't included in what Graham is declaring false? 

I can only assume Graham wouldn't include something that has never been looked at. You wouldn't be trying to conflate the "black ledger" with "Crowdstrike"?  You would never do that, would you?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.4    5 years ago
People who thought it was something else were called conspiracy theorists. Well guess what - the conspiracy theory turned out to be true.

You think that the Air Force is keeping the dead bodies of space aliens at Roswell New Mexico? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.5    5 years ago
You think that the Air Force is keeping the dead bodies of space aliens at Roswell New Mexico? 

I don't have any thoughts on dead bodies or aliens. My only point was that the story put out of a weather balloon was false. There was a theory that it was false and the theory turned out to be true. I know you get the point.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.7  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.4    5 years ago
Until these things are investigated people get to form their own conclusions.

They WERE investigated. How many times does it have to be proven to you that it's bullshit? 

I can only assume Graham wouldn't include something that has never been looked at.

Then you should assume that any collusion by anyone with Clinton campaign is included since the Senate Intel Committed Chairs stated many times that they investigate BOTH campaigns. 

Oct. 2017, Sen. Burr: 

Additionally, the investigation was to look into any collusion by either campaign during the 2016 elections. 

You wouldn't be trying to conflate the "black ledger" with "Crowdstrike"?  

Why would I do that Vic? I haven't even mentioned Crowdstrike. 

You would never do that, would you?

No, so why the innuendo? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @3.1.7    5 years ago
They WERE investigated.

No...They are being investigated now by US Attorney John Durham. When he is done, it will finally be over.

Then you should assume that any collusion by anyone with Clinton campaign is included since the Senate Intel Committed Chairs stated many times that they investigate BOTH campaigns. 

Actually, I'm completely satisfied that a US Attorney, with the power to appoint a Grand Jury & Prosecute, is looking at it.

Why would I do that Vic? I haven't even mentioned Crowdstrike. 

Well then, "Crowdstrike" is the only thing that has been debunked. The "Black Ledger" and "Burisma" are still out there. I know - they are distractions from the unending investigation of the President!  We should focus all our time and energy on him, just like the hate filled leftist who are out of power!

No, so why the innuendo? 

You tell me.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.9  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.8    5 years ago
No...They are being investigated now by US Attorney John Durham. When he is done, it will finally be over.

There is NO evidence that Durham or Barr are investigating anything connected to Ukraine. Here is the statement by the DOJ spokeswoman:

“The president has not spoken with the attorney general about having Ukraine investigate anything relating to former Vice President Biden or his son,” DOJ spokeswoman Kerri Kupec said. “The president has not asked the attorney general to contact Ukraine — on this or any other matter. The attorney general has not communicated with Ukraine — on this or any other subject. Nor has the attorney general discussed this matter, or anything relating to Ukraine, with Rudy Giuliani.” 

Oh and PLEASE don't try to pretend that Durham is an independent actor. Durham's investigation is under Barr's supervision and the above makes it obvious that Barr hasn't been tasked or tasked Durham to include Ukraine in his investigation. 

Actually, I'm completely satisfied that a US Attorney, with the power to appoint a Grand Jury & Prosecute, is looking at it.

Good for you. I on the other hand, prefer to base my comments on facts.

Durham's mission is to find out the origins of the FBI ’s counter-intelligence investigation. There isn't one iota of evidence that either Durham or Bar have been to Ukraine or asked Ukraine for ANY information. In FACT, as stated above, there is evidence to the contrary. 

The "Black Ledger" and "Burisma" are still out there.

Again, false. The 'black ledger' BS was litigated in Ukraine and Serhiy Leshchenko won his case on appeal. That's it. DONE. Unless of course you insist on relitigating BS ad nauseam. 

I know - they are distractions from the unending investigation of the President!  We should focus all our time and energy on him, just like the hate filled leftist who are out of power!

The same with Burisma. It was litigated in Ukraine and the UK. Oh and BTFW, the 'investigation' NEVER included Hunter Biden because the violations they were looking into happened BEFORE Hunter Biden joined the company. But hey, I'm sure you want a do over on that too. BENGHAZI!

You tell me.

Animus. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.10  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.8    5 years ago

Here's a quick guide that helps debunk the Biden/Ukraine gaslighting by Trump et al:

False: Biden pushed out a Ukrainian prosecutor investigating his son 

False: Hunter Biden made a killing on a China deal 

False: Biden lied about talking to his son

False: Democratic senators also threatened Ukraine’s aid

lib50
Professor Silent
3.1.11  lib50  replied to  Dulay @3.1.9    5 years ago

They count of people being too distracted or unable to process complex ideas.  Repeat the bullshit so simple folk get confused and believe lies or half truths.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.1.12  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Dulay @3.1.10    5 years ago
False:  Biden pushed out a Ukrainian prosecutor investigating his son

one problem. quid pro joe is on video bragging that he did exactly what you said did not happen.

if trump said what ol quid pro joe said?   he would deserve impeachment.

cheers :)

lib50
Professor Silent
3.1.13  lib50  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.1.12    5 years ago

Your problem:  It was not done in a personal capacity in any way shape or form.  He was carrying out US and our allies policy to go after corruption in Ukraine, and the person they got out was the corrupt one NOT going after the corruption.  Again, you are posting lies.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.1.14  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  lib50 @3.1.13    5 years ago
He was carrying out US and our allies policy to go after corruption in Ukraine,

BS

have a great day :)

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.15  Dulay  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.1.12    5 years ago
one problem. quid pro joe is on video bragging that he did exactly what you said did not happen.

That's false and it's been debunked right here multiple times. It really isn't worth my time to explain it to you since I doubt you actually give a fuck about the facts. That's supported by the fact that your own linked article doesn't even support your BS. 

if trump said what ol quid pro joe said?   he would deserve impeachment.

Why pretend that ANYTHING would convince you to impeach Trump? 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.1.16  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Dulay @3.1.15    5 years ago
That's false

the video shows otherwise and this issue is far from over.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.17  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.1.16    5 years ago

That's just whack, as usual.  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.1.18  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.17    5 years ago

the old whack attack...  LOL

and as always... time is on my side.

grahm is not the final word.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.19  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.1.18    5 years ago

You are incorrect as always.

Who said Ms. Lindsey was the final word?

jrSmiley_44_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_25_smiley_image.gif

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.1.20  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.19    5 years ago

patience is a virtue the left is lacking

some never trumpers in the gop said trump would never be president also.

time is on my side.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.21  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.1.20    5 years ago

The 'right' have no virtues.

Your whackjob pronouncements are whack as usual.  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.1.22  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.21    5 years ago

your opinion of us matters not.

have a great day :)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.23  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.1.22    5 years ago

Your whackjob pronouncements don't mean dick to us either.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.25  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago

Someone didn't get the memo what with their whackjob pronouncements. 

So now I have you following me around again?

P.S. punctuation is your friend.  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.1.26  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.23    5 years ago
Your whackjob pronouncements

here is one of my wackjob pronouncements from over a year ago.

Mr. Steele, a British former spy who compiled a dossier of salacious, unverified information about President Trump. F.B.I. officials relied to some degree on the dossier to seek a court order for a wiretap of a former Trump campaign  

still batting 1000

time is my friend

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.27  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.1.26    5 years ago

I don't take your word as proof of your whackjob conspiracies/pronouncements.

Your word means NOTHING.  

That's just whack.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.28  Dulay  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.1.16    5 years ago
the video shows otherwise and this issue is far from over.

Again, FALSE. 

There is documented proof that there was NEVER any contemplation of prosecuting Hunter Biden, by Shorkin or anyone else in Ukraine. 

There is also overwhelming evidence that the Burisma investigation, which was about events that occurred PRIOR to Hunter Biden joining the company, was dormant and being used as a possible cudgel. That evidence comes both from Ukraine, the UK and  US witnesses. 

Biden didn't say a word about his son or about any kind of prosecution of ANYONE by ANYONE. 

Any continued claim on your part to the contrary would merely be an attempt at  gaslighting. 

lib50
Professor Silent
3.1.29  lib50  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.1.26    5 years ago

You just can't stop posting the Trump/Putin lies, can you?  Neither can the republicans in the hearing.  They can't defend Trump's crimes, so they bitch and moan about procedures (they put in place) and keep bringing up the disproven conspiracy theories.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.30  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.1    5 years ago

'Only progressives take joy in atrocious acts.'

Badfish, if my comment was a sweeping generalization, then so is Vic's.    Since I repeated what he said.  You need to remove Vic's comment also.  It's only fair.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.2  Krishna  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    5 years ago

And what about the sinister goings on in The Notorious "Isles of Langerhans"????

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.2.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @3.2    5 years ago
What about the infamous "black ledger"?????? And what about the sinister goings on in The Notorious "Isles of Langerhans"????

And have you ever wondered about what's up with the notorious "Deep State"...and all the "Black Helicopters" Flyin' Around?

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.3  Krishna  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    5 years ago

And the notorious " Bohemian Grove "?

Eh-- what about THAT!!!!

(Do you even dare to conflate their tires?)

And I'm not even going to mention "Skull and Bones", or "The Deep State" or...the most Powerful Demon of Them All--, a threat to  all of humanity...Alexandria Ocasio Cortez".!!!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Krishna @3.3    5 years ago

We are looking into it!  LOL

ELmqye9WoAIS9Fp?format=jpg&name=small

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    5 years ago

Is Lindsey having a moment of clarity? It's about time...

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4.1  lady in black  replied to  JBB @4    5 years ago

Let's see if it lasts or if he'll go back on the crooked donnie crazy train.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JBB  replied to  lady in black @4.1    5 years ago

It was just a temporary lapse into sanity...

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  JBB @4.1.1    5 years ago

It was just a temporary lapse into sanity...

Sounds like it is time for Trump to take him golfing again.  Reminding him about all those rubles he could lose.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.3  Krishna  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.2    5 years ago

Actually I'm surprised he took this position.

He used to confront Trump more (at least on matters of national security).

But he coming up for election soon (in the conservitive state of S. C.) so recently he's reversed many of his independent positions and started regularly kow-towing to Trump..

So this is a surprise...Perhaps he will realize that and reverse his position soon...???

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  lady in black @4.1    5 years ago

Once you go against Trump, he sends someone out to warm up the bus while he tweets about it.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.5  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.1.3    5 years ago
So this is a surprise...Perhaps he will realize that and reverse his position soon...???

Or else he may end up in Deep DooDoo-- never under-estimate the Power fo The "DEEP STATE"-- they're everywhere!

(Heck, they're even putting chemicals in our water!)

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.6  Krishna  replied to  JBB @4.1.1    5 years ago

Indeed... even a stopped clock is right twice a day!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5  It Is ME    5 years ago

It's funny how the media distorts what was actually talked about as to Grahams "Zero" comment.

Graham Statement:

“It wasn’t Ukraine. Russia was behind the stolen DNC email s and Podesta and all that good stuff,” the senator said.
So as to the Ukraine, they had zero to do with the hacking of the DNC and the stealing of the emails.

Now that sounds really cool for the "Left". jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Graham then reiterated:

“It was the Russians. I’m 1,000% confident that the hack of the [Democratic National Committee] was by Russian operatives , no one else,” Graham told reporters on Capitol Hill. 

So, based on the report as noted in the seed:

"Sen.  Lindsey Graham  (R-S.C.) has broken ranks with President  Donald Trump   and many of his GOP allies, declaring Tuesday that he is “1,000% confident” that Russia, not Ukraine , interfered in the 2016 U.S. election."

Graham must have said "Ukraine" wasn't responsible for interference in  "Anything" in our elections ? jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

That's just blatantly false, if you actual "READ" and "UNDERSTAND" what Lindsey ACTUALLY WAS TALKING ABOUT ! jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @5    5 years ago

What's a 'zero' comment?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.2  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @5    5 years ago
That's just blatantly false, if you actual "READ" and "UNDERSTAND" what Lindsey ACTUALLY WAS TALKING ABOUT !

Did Graham say there was no pee tape of Trump and prostitutes?  By your logic, that means there is one.

Did Graham say Trump is not an idiot?  By your logic that means that Trump is an idiot.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.2.1  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2    5 years ago
Did Graham say there was no pee tape of Trump and prostitutes?  By your logic, that means there is one. Did Graham say Trump is not an idiot?  By your logic that means that Trump is an idiot.

Dreamers do say the darndest things. jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2    5 years ago
that means that Trump is an idiot.

That is pretty much common knowledge.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2.3  Krishna  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2    5 years ago
Did Graham say Trump is not an idiot?  By your logic that means that Trump is an idiot.

At least Lindsay doesn't have the bizarre hairstyle that Trump has chosen-- heck even the young'uns laugh at him behind his back!

Daughter Ivanka Trump often makes fun of her dad’s comb-over to friends and delights in explaining how the crazy coiffure comes together, according to “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House.
Even Ivanka knows that Trump Should Be Mocked!

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2.5  Krishna  replied to    5 years ago
If you have kids they will laugh at you I actually encourage it but I have sense enough to save my head.

Could you repeat that in plain English?

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.3  Krishna  replied to  It Is ME @5    5 years ago
That's just blatantly false, if you actual "READ" and "UNDERSTAND" what Lindsey ACTUALLY WAS TALKING ABOUT !

But that's just the point-- he speaks in parables, in mysteries, in many tongues so that insane babbling cannot be understood by us mere mortals!

Don't you see, It Is YOU?

Its all an undecipherable plot by The Deep State, The Atheistic Commie Socialists-- and worst of all-- by CHINA!

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.4  Krishna  replied to  It Is ME @5    5 years ago
if you actual "READ" and "UNDERSTAND" what Lindsey ACTUALLY WAS TALKING ABOUT !

Are you referring to this part of Lindsay's rant?

“It was the Russians. I’m 1,000% confident that the hack of the [Democratic National Committee] was by Russian operatives, no one else,” Graham told reporters on Capitol Hill. 

In a subsequent interview with CNN, Graham said he had “no doubt” that it was the Russians who hacked the emails of the DNC and Hillary Clinton campaign chair John Podesta.

Is that the thing that Lindsay said that you feel people SHOULD READ?

Or do you think people reading that can't understand it? (The meaning seems pretty obvious actually)

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.4.2  Krishna  replied to    5 years ago
I thought Trump was winning then I saw your posts and it confirms he has already won.

You obviously misinterpreted what I said. It wasn't about winning  (or for that matter about losing). Read them again-- but a bit more slowly and carefully).

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7  It Is ME    5 years ago

Did you miss the "AS TO" part ?

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1  Krishna  replied to  It Is ME @7    5 years ago
Did you miss the "AS TO" part ?

There you go again!

A blatantly obvious attempt at bamboozlement!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Politics

The Republicans' Visual Aids Don't Stack Up Well Against the Intelligence Committee Report

3e8fe5e0-f6a7-11e9-bcf7-fda0636017da   Charles P. Pierce, Esquire   46 minutes ago  

8b038b9999b8bbc763c2256f916b9ffe

From Esquire

WASHINGTON—Since it was Civics Lesson Day in front of the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday, the Republican minority once again demonstrated its vast seventh-grade-class-report skillz with three large pieces of posterboard looming over them featuring quotes that the Republicans apparently believe are devastating to the proposition that the president* and a remarkable percentage of the Executive Branch are as crooked as a dog’s hind leg. On Tuesday, we got the majority report from the Intelligence Committee, which did everything but assign a lot of these jamokes a cell at Danbury. On Wednesday, we got...visual aids.

Meanwhile,   El Caudillo del Mar-a-Lago   is losing his shit in London. This is a helluva day in the world’s oldest democracy.

The four constitutional scholars who testified on Wednesday did present their opening statements in advance. The three witnesses called by the Democratic members of Judiciary—Noah Feldman, Pamela Karlan, and Michael Gerhardt—all kept their statements under ten pages. Jonathan Turley, called by the Republican minority, clocked his in at 53, which is a word salad bar of considerable length.

11613b778ac03377b975a6691c1ce9c3

Turley is an interesting duck. If I recall correctly, he was one of the first prominent television experts to call for Bill Clinton’s impeachment over the Monica Lewinsky affair. He now is one of the most prominent voices against the impeachment inquiry into the Ukraine shakedown. His statement, remarkably, cites the impeachment of Andrew Johnson as an outlier because it was based on what Turley calls a “trapdoor” crime. In my non-expert opinion, the same could be said of the Clinton impeachment—Hi, Linda Tripp!—of which Turley was an early and enthusiastic supporter. Whatever this is, the president* cannot reasonably said to be entrapped.

And calling the majority report into the Ukraine shakedown a “wafer-thin” record, as Turley does, when it has roped in the president*’s lawyer, his White House chief-of-staff, his Secretary of State, and the ranking member of the Intelligence Committee itself, is absurd. It’s a far bigger pancake than it is a wafer. You can’t fit all of it on a poster, either.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @8    5 years ago

Turley is in the same boat as Alan Dershowitz, although not as obnoxious.  He is a "moderate" politically who has chosen to express his opinions from a conservative viewpoint.  I guess people like that are just too embarrassed to flat out come out and say they are conservatives now. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
8.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    5 years ago
Turley is in the same boat as Alan Dershowitz

They are using "Common Law Sense" and don't "toe-the-line" of what the "Left" ….. WANTS ? jrSmiley_54_smiley_image.gif

lib50
Professor Silent
8.1.2  lib50  replied to  It Is ME @8.1.1    5 years ago

In Turley's case, his hypocrisy is a problem.

But its possible the dems will decide to do what Turley thinks should happen.  Subpoena relevant witnesses.  Mulvany, Pompeo, Pence, Nunes, and others involved in Trump's corruption.  Directly involved.  I have no problem with that.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
8.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  lib50 @8.1.2    5 years ago
In Turley's case, his hypocrisy is a problem.

What is his hypocrisy ?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    5 years ago

Funny how swiftly the left moves to denounce anyone within their ranks not holding the group-think mentality of its members.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9  MrFrost    5 years ago

Turley is obviously a paid right wing partisan. Of the four law professors up there he was the only one that was carrying trumps water. He also admitted he has been friends with Bill Barr for a long time. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @9    5 years ago

Gee, doesn't that mean the other 3 were carrying Democrats' water?

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.1.1  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1    5 years ago
Gee, doesn't that mean the other 3 were carrying Democrats' water?

Don't be coy!

Here's what Graham actually said:

“It wasn’t Ukraine. Russia was behind the stolen DNC emails and Podesta and all that good stuff,” the senator said.

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.3  Krishna  replied to  MrFrost @9    5 years ago
He also admitted he has been friends with Bill Barr for a long time. 

Bill Barr is the Spawn of the Devil!

Krishna
Professor Expert
11  Krishna    5 years ago
if you actual "READ" and "UNDERSTAND" what Lindsey ACTUALLY WAS TALKING ABOUT !

Are you referring to this part of Lindsay's rant?

Is that the thing that Lindsay said that you feel people SHOULD READ?

Or do you think people reading that can't understand it? (The meaning seems pretty obvious actually)