╌>

Naval Air Station Pensacola shooter was Saudi aviation student, investigators eye potential terror link

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  35 comments

Naval Air Station Pensacola shooter was Saudi aviation student, investigators eye potential terror link

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The gunman who opened fire Friday morning at  Naval  Air Station Pensacola in  Florida , fatally shooting three people, has been identified as an aviation student from Saudi Arabia as investigators are looking into whether the attack is terrorism-related.

This is a tragic day for the city of Pensacola… we are a military town, our hearts and prayers are connected to all those that serve us every single day,” the city’s mayor, Grover Robinson, told reporters during a press conference Friday. “We will overcome this, but today this is certainly a tragic day”

Further details about the incident were not immediately available and officials would not speak about the shooter's identity or a potential motive. Another press conference is scheduled for later this afternoon.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2  Jasper2529    5 years ago
as an aviation student from Saudi Arabia as investigators are looking into whether the attack is terrorism-related.

At least this one won't be called "workplace violence".

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Jasper2529 @2    5 years ago

Just wait. Our "friends" will show up soon with the "yeah but Trump loves Saudi Arabia" shtick. In 3..........2.............1

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.3  It Is ME  replied to  Jasper2529 @2    5 years ago
"workplace violence".

Twice this year ! jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

They should BAN guns on military bases too ! jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.3.1  Jasper2529  replied to  It Is ME @2.3    5 years ago
They should BAN guns on military bases !

They're holding a presser right now. The base commander just said that weapons aren't allowed on this base ... so the Saudi national somehow smuggled his hand gun onto the base.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.3.3  It Is ME  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.3.1    5 years ago
so the Saudi national somehow smuggled his hand gun onto the base.

The "Intelligence community" in this country is just ……… Grrrrrrreat ! jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

And the "Left" wonders why Trump goes after them ? jrSmiley_42_smiley_image.gif

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.3.4  bugsy  replied to    5 years ago

I am sure it is pretty easy to get on base with a firearm. I go on a NAS in Florida  2 or 3 times a week, where they have random checks. I have never been stopped once in the last 23 years going onboard.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.3.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.3.1    5 years ago

It was a gun he was not allowed to own legally.  I am waiting to hear how he got it.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jasper2529 @2    5 years ago
At least this one won't be called "workplace violence".

That's only because Obama isn't still POTUS.   However CAIR will do everything in its power to establish that it wasn't terrorism because Muslims can't possibly be terrorists.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    5 years ago

[Deleted]

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @4    5 years ago

Only you would make this about Trump.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Trump, any more than Fort Hood had to do with Obama.

This has everything to do about US Military Base security standards and the failure of US intelligence agencies to detect terrorists. It doesn't seem to make much difference who is president.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @4    5 years ago

[Deleted]

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2    5 years ago

[Deleted]

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    5 years ago

You'd think if there was one place in the world you'd be safe from a thing like this, it would be a military base.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tacos! @5    5 years ago

What?  What was Fort Hood?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1    5 years ago

Same idea

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7  Ed-NavDoc    5 years ago

My most sincere condolences to the families of the victims. That being said, this country needs to do a much better job of vetting those we into our country from the Middle East, especially those with royal family connections.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @7    5 years ago

Here is a solution, fuck Saudi Arabia. We have put up with their shit only because of the global oil demand. But things are changing, despite Trump's best efforts. And sooner rather than later that shithole will become what it has always been. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

I just heard on the news that the FBI has declared it as an act of terrorism.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
10  Thrawn 31    5 years ago

Oh big shock, a Saudi is responsible for an act of terrorism. 

Saudi Arabia is the primary hive and exporter of terrorism throughout the world. But Trump is going to do what he always does when it comes to men more powerful than him, suck the Saudi Prince's dick. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Thrawn 31 @10    5 years ago

Trump has financial interests in SA.  That explains a lot.