╌>

Trump's salt and pepper shakers tower over everyone else's. Obama, Bush, and Clinton used the same size shakers as their guests.

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  100 comments

Trump's salt and pepper shakers tower over everyone else's. Obama, Bush, and Clinton used the same size shakers as their guests.

Trump has ruined the minds of the MSM. Journalism is dead, killed by the TDS virus----- bf

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

• When he's having working lunches or dinners at the White House, President Donald Trump often wields salt and pepper shakers almost twice the size of everyone else's.

• This could be another one of his power moves, alongside his   fierce handshakes   and   bulky suits .

• Photos show Presidents Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama using the same size shakers as their White House guests, while Trump's usually tower over others.

President Donald Trump displays his power with firm handshakes,   a second scoop of ice cream , and towering salt and pepper shakers.

Mark Knoller, CBS News' White House correspondent, pointed out how much bigger Trump's shakers were   in a tweet on Thursday .

Insider combed the photo archives and found that Trump more often than not gets much larger salt and pepper shakers than other foreign leaders or American politicians when dining at the White House. And we couldn't find instances of Trump's most recent predecessors using larger shakers than those of their guests.

The large shakers might just be because he enjoys   salty foods   like KFC chicken, Big Macs, and bacon and eggs. But it could also be another power move, alongside his   fierce handshakes   and   bulky suits .

These photos show how much bigger Trump's White House salt and pepper shakers usually are than everyone else's, and how they compare to those of Presidents Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama.

To set the scene, we'll start with Clinton. It appears he and Vice President Al Gore ate lunch with typical, nondescript salt and pepper shakers.

Condiment equality continued with Bush. In 2005, he seasoned his food with the same size salt and pepper shakers as Condoleezza Rice, his secretary of state.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2  Texan1211    5 years ago

Gosh, I don't know how I'll be able to sleep at night, now knowing that (gasp!) Trump's shakers are bigger than others!

WTF?

Is THIS what CBS has become now?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Texan1211 @2    5 years ago

If you look closely the salt is slightly ahead of the pepper shaker....

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

Big salt and pepper shakers just make his hands look even smaller than they already are.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6  Jasper2529    5 years ago

In the past couple of years, I've noticed that Yahoo is a site that many people rely upon for their "news". I will be eternally grateful that Yahoo felt that the sizes of salt and pepper shakers are newsworthy, and I thank BF for bringing this breaking news to our attention!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jasper2529 @6    5 years ago

Note: Thread cleared for off topic

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.2    5 years ago
6.2     Perrie Halpern R.A.     replied to    Jasper2529   @ 6       14 hours ago
Note: Thread cleared for off topic

This comment isn't meant to be critical - it's merely an observation and question. My comment 6 was on topic so I don't understand why you made your comment 6.2 to me. If others who made comments in thread #6 were off topic, shouldn't your comment have been addressed to them and not me?

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
7  Dean Moriarty    5 years ago

And now Walmart has the perfect Christmas gift. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dean Moriarty @7    5 years ago

I gotta get me one of those!!!!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
7.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Dean Moriarty @7    5 years ago

Looks like he's getting ready to give Putin a toothy blow job...

lib50
Professor Silent
7.3.1  lib50  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @7.3    5 years ago

Ugh, scrolled up and damn if you aren't right. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8  JohnRussell    5 years ago

i glanced through this seed. That was a waste of 10 minutes. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
8.1  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @8    5 years ago
That was a waste of 10 minutes. 

It took you that long?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9  Tacos!    5 years ago

I’ll throw out a little credit to whoever put together this story. At least they produced some evidence instead of quoting some anonymous person familiar with events.Now that’s journalism! jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

We’ll save working on the editorial story selection process for another time.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

If you think his salt and pepper shakers are big, you should see his Ketchup bottle...

heinzglass_2_1024x1024.jpg?v=1356889469

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
10.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10    5 years ago

That will be the next story to be seeded by the Anti-Trumpers.

President Trump uses ginormous ketchup bottle, Guests get packets...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Although the facts  (Trump demands and uses larger salt and pepper shakers than everyone else at the table) appear to be correct, and are yet another small proof of his psychological malfunctions,  I dont think newspapers or web sites, should bother with it any more. 

Everyone who cares already knows he is a malignant narcissist who is not above the most petty displays of self-absorption, and there are already books written with this evidence. Most of us saw him shove the president of a small country out of the way so Trump could get to the front of line to pose for a photograph at a NATO meeting.  And there are a thousand other things.  But citing them in news stories at this point only gives the bamboozlers and gaslighters more opportunities. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @13    5 years ago
Although the facts  (Trump demands and uses larger salt and pepper shakers than everyone else at the table) appear to be correct, and are yet another small proof of his psychological malfunctions,  I dont think newspapers or web sites, should bother with it any more. 

Facts? Where in the article did it declare Trump demanded larger shakers?

Got any real proof?

I bet not.

BTFW, way to waste 10 more minutes of your time on the article you don't like!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
13.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1    5 years ago
Facts? Where in the article did it declare Trump demanded larger shakers?

It didn't. And if I had to put up with constant hate and vitriol like he has, I would make sure mine were different than anyone else's too just for peace of mind. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14  Tessylo    5 years ago

'And if I had to put up with constant hate and vitriol like he has'

The turd is reaping what he has sown.