Trump's salt and pepper shakers tower over everyone else's. Obama, Bush, and Clinton used the same size shakers as their guests.

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  one month ago  •  100 comments

Trump's salt and pepper shakers tower over everyone else's. Obama, Bush, and Clinton used the same size shakers as their guests.

Trump has ruined the minds of the MSM. Journalism is dead, killed by the TDS virus----- bf

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

• When he's having working lunches or dinners at the White House, President Donald Trump often wields salt and pepper shakers almost twice the size of everyone else's.

• This could be another one of his power moves, alongside his   fierce handshakes   and   bulky suits .

• Photos show Presidents Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama using the same size shakers as their White House guests, while Trump's usually tower over others.

President Donald Trump displays his power with firm handshakes,   a second scoop of ice cream , and towering salt and pepper shakers.

Mark Knoller, CBS News' White House correspondent, pointed out how much bigger Trump's shakers were   in a tweet on Thursday .

Insider combed the photo archives and found that Trump more often than not gets much larger salt and pepper shakers than other foreign leaders or American politicians when dining at the White House. And we couldn't find instances of Trump's most recent predecessors using larger shakers than those of their guests.

The large shakers might just be because he enjoys   salty foods   like KFC chicken, Big Macs, and bacon and eggs. But it could also be another power move, alongside his   fierce handshakes   and   bulky suits .

These photos show how much bigger Trump's White House salt and pepper shakers usually are than everyone else's, and how they compare to those of Presidents Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama.

To set the scene, we'll start with Clinton. It appears he and Vice President Al Gore ate lunch with typical, nondescript salt and pepper shakers.

Condiment equality continued with Bush. In 2005, he seasoned his food with the same size salt and pepper shakers as Condoleezza Rice, his secretary of state.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
Find text within the comments Find 

The People's Fish
1  seeder  The People's Fish    one month ago

This is your MSM, obsessed with nonsense. Trump ruined their minds with sadness over the 2016 election and journalism can no longer be found among their ranks.

pat wilson
1.1  pat wilson  replied to  The People's Fish @1    one month ago

But then you seeded this article.

Tell us again who's obsessed with nonsense ?

The People's Fish
1.1.1  seeder  The People's Fish  replied to  pat wilson @1.1    one month ago

I can't get yahoo news out of my mind! 

Texan1211
1.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @1.1    one month ago

BF didn't write this and didn't make it up. 

All it takes is to click on the "seeded content" button above to learn who considered it newsworthy enough to actually report it.

BIG news!! HUGE news!!!

Just like when they scooped on how many scoops of ice cream Trump got.

Pitiful.

pat wilson
1.1.3  pat wilson  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.2    one month ago
BF didn't write this and didn't make it up.  

And I didn't say that did I ?

Pitiful.

Indeed !

The People's Fish
1.1.4  seeder  The People's Fish  replied to  pat wilson @1.1.3    one month ago

I report, you decide....

Texan1211
1.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @1.1.3    one month ago
And I didn't say that did I ?

No, you didn't.

Which is precisely why I didn't claim you did?

What's the beef?

pat wilson
1.1.6  pat wilson  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.5    one month ago

Then why did you feel the need to tell me he didn't write it ?

The People's Fish
1.1.7  seeder  The People's Fish  replied to  pat wilson @1.1.6    one month ago

Hey wait, let's get back on topic. What do you think of the Giant salt and pepper shakers? 

When I saw it i thought omg he thinks he's king, Russia Russia!

Texan1211
1.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @1.1.6    one month ago
Then why did you feel the need to tell me he didn't write it ?

Because of this:

Tell us again who's obsessed with nonsense ?

Next?

Texan1211
1.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  The People's Fish @1.1.7    one month ago

I am a little surprised that they didn't find some "mental health professional" to claim that this is Trump's desire to be a king and/or dictator manifesting itself!

Jasper2529
1.1.10  Jasper2529  replied to  pat wilson @1.1    one month ago
But then you seeded this article. Tell us again who's obsessed with nonsense ?

Why are you blaming BF for MSM's "journalistic" obsession?

pat wilson
1.1.11  pat wilson  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.10    one month ago

I didn't blame BF for anything. He just likes to seed a lot of articles about nonsense.

Jasper2529
1.1.12  Jasper2529  replied to  pat wilson @1.1.11    one month ago
I didn't blame BF for anything.

Comment 1.1  

But then you seeded this article. Tell us again who's obsessed with nonsense ?

---------------

He just likes to seed a lot of articles about nonsense.

MSM, especially Yahoo, is now considered "nonsense"? By whom? Well, whatever, it's good to know that you feel that Yahoo News is nonsense and shouldn't be seeded.

pat wilson
1.1.13  pat wilson  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.12    one month ago

Wow, people sure read a lot into one simple comment.

I'm not calling out specific media, just the story, jeez !

BF certainly didn't flip out, lighten up.

KDMichigan
1.1.14  KDMichigan  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.9    one month ago
I am a little surprised that they didn't find some "mental health professional" to claim that this is Trump's desire to be a king and/or dictator manifesting itself!

I'm sure someone is already looking for that to post tomorrow...

The People's Fish
1.1.15  seeder  The People's Fish  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.9    one month ago

The real question is were did the salt come from. I bet maga salt shakers are from China and then sold at a flea market by illegal aliens at the Mar A Lago flea market.

Jasper2529
1.1.16  Jasper2529  replied to  The People's Fish @1.1.15    one month ago
The real question is were did the salt come from. I bet maga salt shakers are from China and then sold at a flea market by illegal aliens at the Mar A Lago flea market.

Since a president's "thoughts" have now been revealed to be impeachable "crimes", this could fall under the same umbrella.

KDMichigan
1.1.17  KDMichigan  replied to  pat wilson @1.1.13    one month ago
Wow, people sure read a lot into one simple comment.

I'm sure he was just joking, Lighten up.

Jasper2529
1.1.18  Jasper2529  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1.17    one month ago
I'm sure he was just joking,

Yes, I was. Thanks, KD.

Tessylo
1.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.12    one month ago

Funny how whenever I use something I found on Yahoo, the source is questioned, not by you specifically, but by others.

I should copy and paste your response to the naysayers when I use Yahoo as my source next time. 

I guess it depends on who is doing the posting.

jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
1.1.20  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.19    one month ago
Funny how whenever I use something I found on Yahoo, the source is questioned, not by you specifically, but by others.

Tissue? And if you think about it, yahoo is a good base but the real meat lies within and goes, with links, to the direct source of the hit piece. I guess some can't be bothered to investigate the true source...............not that there is anything wrong with that. 

jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
1.1.21  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.20    one month ago

Tissue?

Another stupid remark by you.

So you're the one

Just Jim NC TttH
1.1.22  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.21    one month ago

I'm the one what?

Tessylo
1.1.23  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.22    one month ago

Duh. 

MUVA
1.1.24  MUVA  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.22    one month ago

Neo is that you?

Just Jim NC TttH
1.1.25  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.23    one month ago
Duh.

Did you lose your train of thought?

Texan1211
2  Texan1211    one month ago

Gosh, I don't know how I'll be able to sleep at night, now knowing that (gasp!) Trump's shakers are bigger than others!

WTF?

Is THIS what CBS has become now?

The People's Fish
2.1  seeder  The People's Fish  replied to  Texan1211 @2    one month ago

This after the ground breaking report on scoops of ice cream.

This explains the source of much of the TDS we see on this site. As much as I want to blame their mental state I have to lend credit to those who  spread the TDS through unprotected mental sex.

Texan1211
2.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  The People's Fish @2.1    one month ago

I wonder what Woodward and Bernstein think of today's "journalists"?

Dismayed Patriot
2.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.1    one month ago
I wonder what Woodward and Bernstein think of today's "journalists"?

We know what Woodward thinks about Trump...

" Woodward called Trump's dealings with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, "mind boggling and clearly a misuse of presidential power,"

"(Trump) doesn't like the impeachment inquiry. He doesn't like them looking, trying to get his taxes, trying to call all the people who work for him, which he is resisting."

"And so, we're in a fight. And it, quite likely, next year is just going to be a bloody year because the country is divided."

https://www.wgbh.org/news/local-news/2019/11/18/journalist-bob-woodward-on-how-watergate-compares-to-trump-impeachment-inquiry

Bob Woodward recalls, “an almost Shakespearean moment”. He and a Washington Post colleague were  interviewing Donald Trump  in March 2016. They asked how Trump defines power. The then presidential candidate replied: “Real power is – I don’t even want to use the word – fear .”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/14/bob-woodward-interview-fear-trump-russia

Texan1211
2.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.2    one month ago

You seem to have an outstanding ability to answer precisely what was NOT asked.

I'll remember that when reading your answers from now on, since they dang sure aren't answers to what was asked.

Would you like me to just ask anything, and you just answer whatever?

Dismayed Patriot
2.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.3    one month ago

"Never answer the question that is asked of you. Answer the question that you wish had been asked of you." - Robert McNamera

Texan1211
2.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.4    one month ago

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Why do you bother to respond to me in such a way?

You skirted the question, so have a great day avoiding any more from me. I don't have the time or patience for your childish games.

Dismayed Patriot
2.1.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.5    one month ago
You skirted the question, so have a great day avoiding any more from me.

Bob Woodward is currently an associate editor of The Washington Post, so he is still one of today's journalists. The question you asked was a poor one. My comment pointed out that not only does Woodward not think the current journalism and reporting of Trump is wrong or deficient in any way, he is one of those journalists who sees Trump for the sorry sack of stupid he is.

Texan1211
2.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.6    one month ago

The question was asked, and you did absolutely NOTHING to actually answer it. You went off on some weird shit about what he thinks of Trump. Did I ask that? Hell, no! 

Your post didn't say one word about what he thinks of today's journalists--no matter what you NOW claim.

here is your post. Quote yourself!

We know what Woodward thinks about Trump...
" Woodward called Trump's dealings with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, "mind boggling and clearly a misuse of presidential power," 
"(Trump) doesn't like the impeachment inquiry. He doesn't like them looking, trying to get his taxes, trying to call all the people who work for him, which he is resisting." 
"And so, we're in a fight. And it, quite likely, next year is just going to be a bloody year because the country is divided." 
https://www.wgbh.org/news/local-news/2019/11/18/journalist-bob-woodward-on-how-watergate-compares-to-trump-impeachment-inquiry 
Bob Woodward recalls, “an almost Shakespearean moment”. He and a Washington Post colleague were  interviewing Donald Trump  in March 2016. They asked how Trump defines power. The then presidential candidate replied: “Real power is – I don’t even want to use the word – fear .”

Please don;t waste any more of my time with your bs.

Dismayed Patriot
2.1.8  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.7    one month ago
Please don;t waste any more of my time with your bs.

You seem to be just hanging around waiting to reply to anyone on anything. I'm not the one "wasting your time" or forcing you to write a reply.

You seem to spend most of your time here trying to defend dishonest Donald which, in my opinion, is the ultimate waste of time and effort. Those spending their time defending a man accused of sexual assault by more than two dozen women, who was caught paying hundreds of thousands to his whores to keep their mouths shut during the campaign, said on tape that he doesn't "even wait" for consent and just starts kissing women he finds attractive and grabs them by their genitals, are the ones truly wasting their time. Asking what Woodward and Bernstein might think of our current journalists who just report dishonest Donald's words and are aghast at his conduct is just more sorry deflection and distraction from the reality you and every other conservative already knows, that Donald is without a doubt one of the worst human beings on the planet. Conservatives just can't admit it because then they'd have to admit they were wrong, and there's simply no chance of that happening, they are far too insecure and small minded to accept any sort of fault for electing the worst President in US history.

Just a reminder incase you've already forgotten, I'm not forcing you to reply or spend any time here at all, so don't bother trying to project your insecurities and then claim I forced you to spend time doing so.

Texan1211
2.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.8    one month ago

Your posts are spectacularly ineffective and unresponsive.

JohnRussell
2.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.8    one month ago
You seem to spend most of your time here trying to defend dishonest Donald which, in my opinion, is the ultimate waste of time and effort. Those spending their time defending a man accused of sexual assault by more than two dozen women, who was caught paying hundreds of thousands to his whores to keep their mouths shut during the campaign, said on tape that he doesn't "even wait" for consent and just starts kissing women he finds attractive and grabs them by their genitals, are the ones truly wasting their time. Asking what Woodward and Bernstein might think of our current journalists who just report dishonest Donald's words and are aghast at his conduct is just more sorry deflection and distraction from the reality you and every other conservative already knows, that Donald is without a doubt one of the worst human beings on the planet. Conservatives just can't admit it because then they'd have to admit they were wrong, and there's simply no chance of that happening, they are far too insecure and small minded to accept any sort of fault for electing the worst President in US history.

With the advent of social media, which on widespread level has been extremely popular for about 10 or 12 years, those on the political right came to discover that truth or accuracy no longer mattered. What matters is confusing people, including voters, bamboozling them and the rest of the public, photoshopping and distorting images so as to create "fake news".  We now know that public opinion can be manipulated by lying and falsifying images.  Lying is the basis for Trump's existence as a successful politician.  

I have really come to the conclusion that our society is headed for a widespread all consuming social disaster.  Truth and accuracy are not needed, only the ability to misinform and fool. 

Here on Newstalkers we see it every day.  There are 4 or 5 conservatives here who couldnt debate their way out of a paper bag.  But they dont care about that, all they care about is that they can present "alternative facts", because today there is a large audience for alternative facts and alternative facts put Trump in the White House.

The United States of America is in a lot of trouble.  A lot. 

Just Jim NC TttH
2.1.11  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.8    one month ago
You seem to spend most of your time here trying to defend dishonest Donald which, in my opinion, is the ultimate waste of time and effort.

And you, and others, spend most of your time here trying to unseat a duly elected POTUS and control that of which you have no control. He's POTUS, will be for at least another 13 months and perhaps beyond.

they are far too insecure and small minded to accept any sort of fault for electing the worst President in US history.

And the Democrats, and yourself, exemplify that which you disdain. Yelling at clouds on an internet comment board hoping like HELL that something sticks......and someone other than echo chamber occupants will actually pay attention.

Hard to tell from here. Pot or Kettle. Asking for a friend.

JohnRussell
2.1.12  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.11    one month ago

Donald Trump is not fit to be president of the United States. He is a KNOWN liar, crook, bigot, and moron. 

People who want him out are the patriots. 

Texan1211
2.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.12    one month ago

I admire your ability to post that with a straight face. You DID mange to keep one, right?

LMMFAO!!!

JohnRussell
2.1.14  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.13    one month ago

I have already demonstrated that Trump is a KNOWN  liar, crook, bigot and moron.  Those things are not in dispute. 

The only question is why people think he is fit to be president of the United States. 

I daresay there isnt a single one of us who was taught in school that someone like Trump is fit for high office. 

So what happened? 

And dont mention Hillary.  2020 election is coming. Hillary is not running anymore.  Nominate someone else for the Republicans. Throw the piece of human trash Donald Trump out with the garbage.  Let's see how much you love America. 

Texan1211
2.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.14    one month ago

You ARE a hoot!

Tessylo
2.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.9    one month ago
'Your posts are spectacularly ineffective and unresponsive.'

SMDH!  LMMFAO!

JohnRussell
2.1.17  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.15    one month ago

Don't join the debating team. 

Texan1211
2.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.17    one month ago

Good advice.

Of course, at age 61, I had no intention of doing so, but how very high school of you!

Just Jim NC TttH
2.1.19  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.12    one month ago
People who want him out are the patriots. 

Wrong. People who respect the office and the votes of the citizenry of the US are the true patriots. People who want him out do nothing but wish as there is nothing they can do about it. How some live with Mr. Trump so deeply entrenched in their heads, for free, and continue to dis him is a mystery. Do I agree with all that he says? Hell no. Only a fool or a butt hurt democrat listens to, reads, and gets their panties in a wad about words that are spewed in the heat of the moment. I, for one, can dismiss them as bluster. That people of your belief and ideology think you can have any influence are truly barking up the wrong tree. The rest of us just marvel at the control he has over your everyday lives. 

Dismayed Patriot
2.1.20  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.13    one month ago
I admire your ability to post that with a straight face.

Why would it be difficult to state facts with a straight face?

"He is a KNOWN liar, crook, bigot, and moron"

Over 13,000 confirmed lies since taking office, most Republicans don't even bother to refute, they just defend him by saying all politicians lie. Besides his refusal to rent apartments to blacks in the 1970's, his own words calling Mexicans rapists, his disrespect for Democrats of color calling their cities "rat infested", called African ally nations 'shitholes', said of the Native Americans he met who were opening a casino "They don’t look like Indians to me".

If that wasn't enough a state judge ordered President Trump to pay $2 million in damages to nonprofit groups on Thursday after the president admitted misusing money raised by the Donald J. Trump Foundation to promote his presidential bid, pay off business debts and purchase a portrait of himself for one of his hotels proving he is also very definitely a "crook".

And what does Trumps own staff think of him behind his back? They call him an "idiot", "dope" and "moron", so again, John nailed it.

How you can imagine there was something funny about Johns factual comment is the real puzzler. Perhaps someone living in an alternate universe with alternate facts might view this reality as laughable.

JohnRussell
2.1.21  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.19    one month ago

Trump is not fit for office. He's not fit to be dogcatcher in the smallest town in America, let alone president of the United States. 

You promote this asshole because you like his outcomes.

Just Jim NC TttH
2.1.22  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.21    one month ago

So you have a problem with his outcomes? How fucking patriotic of you.

JohnRussell
2.1.23  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.22    one month ago

You are having a problem understanding.  I dont support candidates or call them qualified based solely on what they are able to do with executive orders. 

The president of the United States is the leader of the country.  It is embarrassing and disturbing beyond words to have an asshole like Trump recognized as leading this country. 

I'm shocked that you dont agree.  Another Republican nominee can promote the exact same policies Trump does. Many potential candidates probably do. And yet you want this asshole to be president for 5 more years. Why? 

It Is ME
2.1.24  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.23    one month ago
The president of the United States is the leader of the country.

Unlike "Others' over a few decades, Trump is doing a great job for "THIS" Country.

If you have a need for a "World Leader", you're just looking for a "King" !

Just Jim NC TttH
2.1.25  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.23    one month ago
Another Republican nominee can promote the exact same policies Trump does. Many potential candidates probably do. And yet you want this asshole to be president for 5 more years. Why? 

Because another Republican nominee doesn't have the balls and bombastic personality that Mr. Trump does and would cave. And I think you know that.

And if you want to compare notes, another nominee had the same "vision" that Mr. Obama did. Didn't work out too well did it.

Dismayed Patriot
2.1.26  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.24    one month ago
Trump is doing a great job for "THIS" Country.

I completely disagree as do the majority of Americans who disapprove of the job he'd done so far. Trump is embarrassing us and making us a laughing stock around the world. I get that some have their heads shoved so far up Trumps ass that they can't see anything let alone the reality of what Trump has done so far, but thankfully they are a minority.

Tessylo
2.1.27  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.25    one month ago

tRump, balls?  jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

He's a coward and a bully who has his supporters do his dirty work for him.

That's President Obama.  

JohnRussell
2.1.28  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.25    one month ago
Because another Republican nominee doesn't have the balls and bombastic personality that Mr. Trump does and would cave. And I think you know that.

Wow !  There isnt a single other Republican politician in the country that can replace Trump?  I wonder what they would think of your insult of them? 

Whats more troubling I guess is that you are happy to have an asshole in the oval office. 

Lies thousands of times. 

Cheated middle class people out of their life savings. 

Cheated his casino investors by manipulating his bankruptcies.

Perpetrated a preposterous racist conspiracy theory known as birtherism. 

Says ignorant , false and bizarre things on a daily basis. 

Accused of sexually assaulting more than a dozen women. 

Subjugated the honor of the United States to a foreign foe by acting submissive in front of Vladimir Putin.

Asked foreign governments to investigate his US political opponents. 

Can't spell words a fifth grader can spell. 

etc. 

Tessylo
2.1.29  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.24    one month ago

tRump is doing a great job for himself and the Russians and those who he gave a tax break to.  No one else . 

It Is ME
2.1.30  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.29    one month ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
2.1.31  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.28    one month ago
Wow !  There isnt a single other Republican politician in the country that can replace Trump?  I wonder what they would think of your insult of them?

Oh there is.........a few. But they aren't ready for prime time yet. There were in 2016 but the same message wasn't there (they became candyasses for the most part). They, like the dems, completely missed what the majority of the people wanted. Right now, asshole or no asshole, he can stay in office while the rest groom and truly figure out what they did wrong last election.

It Is ME
2.1.32  It Is ME  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.26    one month ago
I completely disagree as do the majority of Americans

Make that "Minority" if you want to be truthful.

Not one person in "THIS" country is complaining about the "Economy" or "Jobs", the most important issue in this country....EVER !

It's only the "Majority" of Liberal types, that bitch about everything Trumps done....that's not part of this Country at all. It's all about "Other Countries" and "Non-Citizens" with those "Majorities". 

Dismayed Patriot
2.1.33  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.32    one month ago
Make that "Minority" if you want to be truthful.

Trumps current overall disapproval rating is at 54% which would be a solid majority. So, not sure why you refute something so blatantly obvious, but facts are facts.

Also note that he currently has a 90% approval rating among Republicans and a 4% approval among Democrats. That means 10% of Republicans along with the 96% of Democrats do not approve of this President.

If total voters is roughly what it was in 2016 at 137 million, and according to gallup 30% of voters are registered Republican, 31% registered Democrat and 8% registered independent (the other 31% 3rd party or unregistered) then of 137 million that's 41.1 million Republicans and 42.5 million Democrats. And 90% of 41.1 million is 37 million plus the 1.7 million Democrat defectors totaling 38.7 million Americans vs the 40.8 million Democrats (96% of Democrats) plus 4.1 million totaling 44.9 million Americans. That's 6.2 million more Americans disapprove of this President and the job he's done so far.

And's that's just among registered Republicans and Democrats. His approval rating among Independents is even worse at a dismal 38% which means 62% of the 11 million independents (6.8 million) agree with the other 44.9 million in their disapproval of Donald Trump. That's nearly 52 million Americans who disapprove of dishonest Donald versus the 42 million who continue to support him. That confirms the more than 10 million more Americans who voted for Democrats in the 2018 elections giving the House to Democrats so they could put a check on this out of control moron. I'm sure those 42 million are dug in, they've set their heels and they will not be moved no matter what Trump does or how exposed and corrupt he is. But thankfully, the majority see him for what he is and know that we can't risk another 4 years of this preventable insanity.

I do believe 2020 will be the largest voter turnout by a large margin, perhaps as many as 10 million more than the 2016 election, so we'll see how those outside the partisan trenches will end up voting, they will be the ones who truly determine the outcome.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

https://news.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx

Texan1211
2.1.34  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.33    one month ago

i remember when Trump had dismal numbers and "not a chance" at getting elected, But he somehow did win.

You keep banking on those polls and approval or disapproval ratings!

Dismayed Patriot
2.1.35  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.34    one month ago
i remember when Trump had dismal numbers and "not a chance" at getting elected, But he somehow did win.

"Polls of the November 2016 presidential election were about as accurate as polls of presidential elections have been on average since 1972."

"The (right wing) media narrative that polling accuracy has taken a nosedive is mostly bullshit, in other words. Polls were never as good as the media assumed they were before 2016 — and they aren’t nearly as bad as the media seems to assume they are now. In reality, not that much has changed."

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-polls-are-all-right/

"National polls only measure the popular vote. Clinton did, in fact, win the national popular vote by 2.1 points. The average of the 13 final national polls had Clinton ahead by 3.1 points, which was only a point off the actual result. Ironically, all 12 polls that had Clinton ahead turned out to be closer to the final outcome than the poll that had Trump ahead. While that may seem crazy — since Trump, not Clinton, is headed to the White House — it's true. The poll that put Trump ahead (by 2 points) was off by 4.1 points, while polls that gave Clinton the lead were off anywhere from only one-tenth of a point to less than 4 points."

"National polling did much better in 2016 than in 2012, when the average of the final polls in the contest between President Obama and GOP nominee Mitt Romney was off by more than 3 points."

"What gave Trump his electoral victory was not his national voter strength — which he lost by nearly 3 million votes — but his strength in eight swing states, which he won by a little over 1 million votes. Swing state presidential polls: In Florida, the largest of the swing states, the average of the final three polls had Trump ahead by three-tenths of a point. He won the state by 1.2 points. Ohio's last poll gave Trump a 7-point lead, and he carried it by 8.1 points. The average of the three final polls in Pennsylvania had Clinton leading by a single point and the last poll taken had Trump ahead by a point. He won the state by seven-tenths of a point."

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/campaign/315145-one-last-look-2016-polls-actually-got-a-lot-right

" D onald Trump owes his victory in the Electoral College to three states he won by the smallest number of votes: Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan. So it's fair to say that the 2016 presidential election was decided by about 77,000 votes out of than 136 million ballots cast ."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/weekly-standard/the-election-came-down-to-77-744-votes-in-pennsylvania-wisconsin-and-michigan-updated

I'm not "banking" on anything, I know my State will give all their electoral college votes to whoever is the Democrat nominee because I live in California where the vast majority recognize what a complete waste of space dishonest Donald is and are embarrassed by his ineptitude and crass behavior unbecoming of the President as well as his obvious abuse of power. And it's not the "poll's" that I'm looking at from 2018 to see which way the wind is blowing nationwide, it's the 10 million more Americans casting actual votes for Democrats than Republicans. Trumps base hasn't moved, but the rest of America, the majority, see this President for what he is, a wannabe small time gold painted mob boss with a room temperature IQ and a penchant for misogyny and sexual assault. How some Republicans keep covering for such a scum bag is beyond me, but I know it will catch up to them whether they think it will or not. They will soon be faced with the demon of their own creation just like Democrats have had to battle the specter of Bill Clinton for the last 20 years. But it's too late now for Republicans to reverse course, they can only double down on stupid as dirty Donald has left them no choice.

Texan1211
2.1.36  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.35    one month ago

Now, feel free to pretend that no one was giving Trump a shot at actually winning. You know what I say is true. Surely you remember "Trump has NO path to 270!"

LMMFAO!

And who gives a flip what the nutjobs and fruitcakes in California vote for?

dennis smith
2.1.37  dennis smith  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.21    one month ago

Wash, rinse, repeat over and over again. Nothing new in the last 3 + years. 

Texan1211
2.1.38  Texan1211  replied to  dennis smith @2.1.37    one month ago

What--the usual  "Trump isn't qualified" shtick? along with "You are responsible if you voted for Trump"???

LMAO!

It NEVER, EVER changes.

KDMichigan
2.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Texan1211 @2    one month ago

If you look closely the salt is slightly ahead of the pepper shaker....

Kathleen
3  Kathleen    one month ago

They each have their own salt and pepper shakers?  I thought they passed it around.

The People's Fish
3.1  seeder  The People's Fish  replied to  Kathleen @3    one month ago

The real question is what exactly is the conversation between the editor and the reporter with their breaking news scoop?

I can only imagine yet it would likely explain half the seeds on this site.

Paula Bartholomew
3.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kathleen @3    one month ago

Only if "Salt" and Pepper" are stage names.

MUVA
3.2.1  MUVA  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.2    one month ago

I wanted to make a pair of salt and pepper shakers that actually played their song when you shook them salt,salt and peppers here.

https://youtu.be/vCadcBR95oU?t=67

Paula Bartholomew
3.2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MUVA @3.2.1    one month ago

It would definitely wake up a boring meal.

cjcold
3.2.3  cjcold  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.2    one month ago

Did Trump name them after strippers?

Split Personality
3.3  Split Personality  replied to  Kathleen @3    one month ago

Depends on the size of the event.  And many, many of S&P shakers have disappeared from the WH over the years especially the Lenox ones

shown in the Bush/Cheney and Obama/Biden pictures.

In fairness to Trump, he seems to have the standard size glass S&P shakers which are about $10 a set.

Everyone else has caterer style shakers which are about $1 apiece or less in bulk, again, probably because the WH knows how many

disappear as souvenirs at every WH event. 

Kudos to whoever thought of it and saved a few of our tax $$.

Just Jim NC TttH
3.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Kathleen @3    one month ago
They each have their own salt and pepper shakers?  I thought they passed it around.

Germaphobes and probably afraid to share. I am sure the shakers are inspected for contamination should someone wish harm. 

Split Personality
3.4.1  Split Personality  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.4    one month ago

That is certainly true for POTUS.  He is a known germaphobe.

Just Jim NC TttH
3.4.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Split Personality @3.4.1    one month ago

That he is................

1stwarrior
3.4.3  1stwarrior  replied to  Split Personality @3.4.1    one month ago

Wow - betcha that hurt pulling that one out.

Split Personality
3.4.4  Split Personality  replied to  1stwarrior @3.4.3    one month ago

Sorry?

Paula Bartholomew
4  Paula Bartholomew    one month ago

Big salt and pepper shakers just make his hands look even smaller than they already are.

The People's Fish
4.1  seeder  The People's Fish  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4    one month ago

One time I dated a dwarf, she had small hands, it made the shaker look huge when she held it. 

MUVA
4.1.1  MUVA  replied to  The People's Fish @4.1    one month ago

Like deadpool.

Jasper2529
6  Jasper2529    one month ago

In the past couple of years, I've noticed that Yahoo is a site that many people rely upon for their "news". I will be eternally grateful that Yahoo felt that the sizes of salt and pepper shakers are newsworthy, and I thank BF for bringing this breaking news to our attention!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
6.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jasper2529 @6    one month ago

Note: Thread cleared for off topic

Jasper2529
6.2.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.2    one month ago
6.2     Perrie Halpern R.A.     replied to    Jasper2529   @ 6       14 hours ago
Note: Thread cleared for off topic

This comment isn't meant to be critical - it's merely an observation and question. My comment 6 was on topic so I don't understand why you made your comment 6.2 to me. If others who made comments in thread #6 were off topic, shouldn't your comment have been addressed to them and not me?

The People's Fish
7.1  seeder  The People's Fish  replied to  Dean Moriarty @7    one month ago

LOL

Heartland American
7.2  Heartland American  replied to  Dean Moriarty @7    one month ago

I gotta get me one of those!!!!

Dismayed Patriot
7.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Dean Moriarty @7    one month ago

Looks like he's getting ready to give Putin a toothy blow job...

lib50
7.3.1  lib50  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @7.3    one month ago

Ugh, scrolled up and damn if you aren't right. 

JohnRussell
8  JohnRussell    one month ago

i glanced through this seed. That was a waste of 10 minutes. 

KDMichigan
8.1  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @8    one month ago
That was a waste of 10 minutes. 

It took you that long?

Tacos!
9  Tacos!    one month ago

I’ll throw out a little credit to whoever put together this story. At least they produced some evidence instead of quoting some anonymous person familiar with events.Now that’s journalism! jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

We’ll save working on the editorial story selection process for another time.

Buzz of the Orient
10  Buzz of the Orient    one month ago

If you think his salt and pepper shakers are big, you should see his Ketchup bottle...

heinzglass_2_1024x1024.jpg?v=1356889469

KDMichigan
10.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10    one month ago

That will be the next story to be seeded by the Anti-Trumpers.

President Trump uses ginormous ketchup bottle, Guests get packets...

JohnRussell
13  JohnRussell    one month ago

Although the facts  (Trump demands and uses larger salt and pepper shakers than everyone else at the table) appear to be correct, and are yet another small proof of his psychological malfunctions,  I dont think newspapers or web sites, should bother with it any more. 

Everyone who cares already knows he is a malignant narcissist who is not above the most petty displays of self-absorption, and there are already books written with this evidence. Most of us saw him shove the president of a small country out of the way so Trump could get to the front of line to pose for a photograph at a NATO meeting.  And there are a thousand other things.  But citing them in news stories at this point only gives the bamboozlers and gaslighters more opportunities. 

Texan1211
13.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @13    one month ago
Although the facts  (Trump demands and uses larger salt and pepper shakers than everyone else at the table) appear to be correct, and are yet another small proof of his psychological malfunctions,  I dont think newspapers or web sites, should bother with it any more. 

Facts? Where in the article did it declare Trump demanded larger shakers?

Got any real proof?

I bet not.

BTFW, way to waste 10 more minutes of your time on the article you don't like!

Just Jim NC TttH
13.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1    one month ago
Facts? Where in the article did it declare Trump demanded larger shakers?

It didn't. And if I had to put up with constant hate and vitriol like he has, I would make sure mine were different than anyone else's too just for peace of mind. 

Tessylo
14  Tessylo    one month ago

'And if I had to put up with constant hate and vitriol like he has'

The turd is reaping what he has sown.