IMPEACHMENT BACKFIRE: Trump Now Leads All of His Likely Rivals in National Polls, Even Biden

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  2 months ago  •  37 comments

IMPEACHMENT BACKFIRE: Trump Now Leads All of His Likely Rivals in National Polls, Even Biden

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The fallout from the Democrats' impeachment of Trump keeps getting worse for Democrats. Not only do a plurality now oppose impeachment and removal, but Trump is now leading all of his likely Democrat rivals for the White House in head-to-head match-ups,   according to a new USA Today/Suffolk University Poll .

According to the recent national survey, President Trump is "defeating former Vice President Joe Biden by 3 percentage points, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders by 5 points, and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren by 8 points." He also bests Pete Buttigieg by 10 points, and Michael Bloomberg by 9 points.

While obviously polls this far out from the election are hardly reliable indicators, several factors make it clear that Trump is in a very strong position. At this time in the 2012 election cycle, Obama was consistently beating Romney in national polls. Given Trump's already overwhelmingly negative media coverage, the partisan impeachment hearings of the Democrats were the best chance to knock Trump's numbers down, but instead of all his likely rivals crushing him in national polls, he's now beating them.  What does that tell you?

Trump spent most of the 2016 election underwater in terms of national polling—so much so that pundits were almost universally predicting Hillary's coronation.

With the exception of an economic collapse, the height of an impeachment inquiry should be the worst possible thing for Trump. He's had Democrats being given hours and hours of air time claiming him to be a criminal. Yet, here we are — support for impeachment is underwater, and he's outpolling his likely rivals. Many underestimated him in 2016—including me—who should be looking at the numbers today and realizing that save for an economic downturn, Donald Trump will be extremely difficult to beat in 2020,

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
[]

The People's Fish
1  seeder  The People's Fish    2 months ago

Democrats are campaigning for the donald. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
1.1  It Is ME  replied to  The People's Fish @1    2 months ago
Democrats are campaigning for the donald.

That's for sure !

"Alzheimer Joe" is their LEAD candidate …. STILL ! jrSmiley_103_smiley_image.jpg

He can do more pushups than anyone, if He can remember what a pushup is. jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

I hear someone had to tell him to "Turn Over". jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

katrix
1.1.1  katrix  replied to  It Is ME @1.1    2 months ago

I'd be willing to bet he can do more pushups than Deranged Donnie.

The People's Fish
1.1.2  seeder  The People's Fish  replied to  katrix @1.1.1    2 months ago

Well that will win an election....jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
1.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  katrix @1.1.1    2 months ago
I'd be willing to bet he can do more pushups than Deranged Donnie.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Melania would kick Joes ass though ! 

Paula Bartholomew
1.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  katrix @1.1.1    2 months ago

Considering that there are numerous candidates, the first numbers will be low and will increase as the field diminishes.  If all they have is Trump, then yes his number will be a little higher.

katrix
1.1.5  katrix  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.3    2 months ago
Melania would kick Joes ass though ! 

You're probably right about that!

It Is ME
1.1.6  It Is ME  replied to  katrix @1.1.5    2 months ago
You're probably right about that!

jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Poor Joe.… he's still trying to figure out if it's "I" before "E", or "E" before "I"..... Maybe "U" and "I"  should really be friends with "ZZZZZZ"........  when he speaks.

katrix
1.1.7  katrix  replied to  The People's Fish @1.1.2    2 months ago
Well that will win an election

At least it would keep people like Trump, Biden and Sanders out of the running ... they are all just too old IMO!

katrix
1.1.8  katrix  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.6    2 months ago

Well, Trump's utter ignorance doesn't seem to bother voters, so I wouldn't be so sure that Joe's behavior would either.

I saw the headline of an article - didn't have a chance to read it - how watching Survivor can explain something about voter behavior in elections. Which is a very scary idea, but probably true. Reality TV has made a lot of people just too stupid to vote - or maybe they were always too stupid, and the fact that they watch reality TV is how we can identify them. At least the people who think those shows are actually real; I realize some people just watch them for entertainment value.

It Is ME
1.1.9  It Is ME  replied to  katrix @1.1.8    2 months ago
Trump's utter ignorance doesn't seem to bother voters, so I wouldn't be so sure that Joe's behavior would either.

I'll take Trumps ignorance over Joes behavior anyday.

Trumps Ignorance created more jobs than people available. Joe's "This is Fucking big" accomplishment, is down the tubes.

Just Jim NC TttH
1.1.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  katrix @1.1.8    2 months ago
Reality TV has made a lot of people just too stupid to vote - or maybe they were always too stupid, and the fact that they watch reality TV is how we can identify them.

You Uber ride is here...................

high-horse.jpg

katrix
1.1.11  katrix  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.9    2 months ago
Trumps Ignorance created more jobs than people available

Trump has taken credit for so many jobs that he didn't create ... but his supporters lap up his lies.

It Is ME
1.1.12  It Is ME  replied to  katrix @1.1.11    2 months ago
Trump has taken credit for so many jobs that he didn't create

It was "Bush's" fault ?

Jeremy Retired in NC
1.1.13  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.9    2 months ago
Joe's "This is Fucking big" accomplishment, is down the tubes.

I think Joe's biggest accomplishment is successfully blinking his eyes without assistance.

It Is ME
1.1.14  It Is ME  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.13    2 months ago

Vic Eldred
1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  The People's Fish @1    2 months ago

It couldn't happen to a more deserving crew of hate-filled degenerates.

Donald J. Trump fan 1
1.2.1  Donald J. Trump fan 1  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    2 months ago

You got that right!  I can not wait til the night out President is re elected and read all the chicken 🐓 little comments from our left leaning friends.

Donald J. Trump fan 1
1.3  Donald J. Trump fan 1  replied to  The People's Fish @1    2 months ago

Let’s celebrate 🎉 🎊 !  Cheers 🍻 

loki12
2  loki12    2 months ago

Does trump have hairier legs? that is the important question.

Sunshine
2.1  Sunshine  replied to  loki12 @2    2 months ago

Paula Bartholomew
2.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sunshine @2.1    2 months ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif I so needed a laugh right now.  Thank you.

Kathleen
2.1.2  Kathleen  replied to  Sunshine @2.1    2 months ago

Hey... isn’t that what all our legs look like in the winter?

😁

Just Jim NC TttH
2.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Kathleen @2.1.2    2 months ago

Kathleen
2.1.4  Kathleen  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.3    2 months ago

Just kidding...... lol

Perrie Halpern R.A.
3  Perrie Halpern R.A.    2 months ago

The one thing that I thought we all learned was not to trust polls. 

Snuffy
3.1  Snuffy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3    2 months ago

one would sure think so but as this site shows us, both sides will reference polls that support their side.  :)

Ender
3.1.1  Ender  replied to  Snuffy @3.1    2 months ago

Same old song and dance. Polls good when positive to a point of view, bad/skewed when not.

KDMichigan
3.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3    2 months ago

Well it appears some people do, they even post polls from sites they vilify on a daily basis it if makes them feel good about it.

I learned in High School just how polls can be manipulated.

Vic Eldred
3.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3    2 months ago

What I've come to believe is that there are a large segment of Trump supporters who won't submit to polls. I thing they are afraid to admit it.

Buzz of the Orient
4  Buzz of the Orient    2 months ago

A poll I am running is soon to close, and there was no manipulation.  The question was clear and the persons polled was the whole of the NT membership.  The result at this point is 5 to 2 in favour of terminating the impeachment proceeding.  That means that 5 members are probably Trump supporters, 2 want him gone, and the rest of the NT membership doesn't give a damn no matter what happens.  IMO, not giving a damn is on the side of Trump continuing as POTUS. 

JohnRussell
4.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    2 months ago

LOL. I guess that settles it then.

No one voted for Dershowitz as man of the year.  We can take that then as proof that he isnt. 

Buzz of the Orient
4.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    2 months ago
"No one voted for Dershowitz as man of the year.  We can take that then as proof that he isnt". 

I would think that BF should consider that comment as entirely off topic, and sarcastically trolling me.  And you complain about OTHER member's comments.

Donald J. Trump fan 1
4.2  Donald J. Trump fan 1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    2 months ago

count me as #6 in favor of ending the proceedings now!

Buzz of the Orient
4.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Donald J. Trump fan 1 @4.2    2 months ago

Don't vote here, vote on the poll. 

Buzz of the Orient
4.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    2 months ago

The poll numbers ended up as 7 for ending the procedure, 3 for continuing it.  My comment was back at the beginning and has not changed that I think it was a HUGE mistake to have even started the Impeachment proceedings, because it has to cost the Democratic Party a lot of votes they might have counted on from their own party supporters, and it will have turned many independents against them, and also strengthen the resolve of Trump's supporters  Although I'm not qualified to predict what will happen, combining the impeachment fiasco with the fact that there are no charismatic candidates among the opposition, and notwithstanding the best efforts of the media, my best guess is that Trump will be re-elected with a majority of voters this time, and of course an electoral college victory.  I suppose that will mean another 4 years of a deepening political divide and more extreme bitching. 

My comment is NOT to be interpreted as supporting that result, because, after all, he is not MY president.  It is merely an unbiased observation from someone from afar who has no skin in the game. 

JohnRussell
5  JohnRussell    2 months ago

78638070_10157763190392346_7674753060668