╌>

Emails Show Trump Asked About Ukraine Aid Before Zelensky Call

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  5 years ago  •  133 comments

By:   Daniel Flatley

Emails Show Trump Asked About Ukraine Aid Before Zelensky Call
Given the sensitive nature of the request, I appreciate your keeping that information closely held to those who need to know...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

New documents show President Donald Trump asked about U.S. military aid to Ukraine a month before the call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy that went on to trigger the impeachment investigation into Trump.

The heavily-redacted documents, obtained under a Freedom of Information request by the Center for Public Integrity, also show that administration officials ordered a hold on the aid about an hour after the leaders’ call on July 25.

Trump asked about a June 19 article in the Washington Examiner newspaper referencing the aid. Michael Duffey, an official at the Office of Management and Budget, wrote to the Pentagon requesting more detail about the funding, according to an email from Duffey to the Pentagon comptroller.

“The President has asked about this funding release, and I have been tasked to follow-up with someone over there to get more detail.”

An email from Duffey to Deputy Secretary of Defense David Norquist on July 25, shortly after the Trump-Zelensky phone call, expressed uneasiness about the hold.

“Given the sensitive nature of the request, I appreciate your keeping that information closely held to those who need to know,” Duffey wrote.

Duffey, an OMB official working on national security issues, is one of four witnesses Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer has requested for the pending Senate trial of Trump on two articles of impeachment passed by the House of Representative this week.

Schumer met with Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell Thursday to discuss the terms of a trial. The meeting ended in an impasse before Congress broke for the holidays.

Schumer “made clear to Senator McConnell that the witnesses and documents are necessary to ensure a fair trial in the Senate,” spokesman Justin Goodman said. McConnell has been pushing for a process that likely won’t include any witnesses.

The other officials Schumer has requested are Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff, John Bolton, the former national security adviser who left the administration in September, and Robert Blair, an adviser to Mulvaney.

The House adopted two articles of impeachment against Trump Wednesday following an investigation into allegations that the president withheld military aid from Ukraine in an effort to extract politically damaging information about a domestic political rival, former Vice President Joe Biden.

The historic votes Wednesday won the support of almost all Democrats in the House chamber but not a single Republican, leaving Trump as only the third president in U.S. history to be impeached.

Senator Chris Murphy, a Democrat from Connecticut, said Saturday on Twitter that the new documents, which CPI -- a non-profit investigative journalism organization -- reported late Friday, show that the internal notes show Trump’s “direct involvement” in the matter.

Murphy later seemed to concede that the documents, while important, were just the latest piece of evidence in a months-long inquiry spearheaded by House Democrats that still seems certain to end in Trump’s acquittal by the Republican-controlled Senate, some time in early 2020.

“Frankly it’s just the 77th piece of evidence confirming the same thing,” Murphy said in a reply to Senator Brian Schatz, a Hawaii Democrat.

Article is LOCKED by moderator [smarty_function_ntUser_get_name: user_id or profile_id parameter required]
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    5 years ago

Senator Chris Murphy, a Democrat from Connecticut, said Saturday on Twitter that the new documents, which CPI -- a non-profit investigative journalism organization -- reported late Friday, show that the internal notes show Trump’s “direct involvement” in the matter.

The Chosen One and his pallies might have a problem finding a spin for this one.

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.1  PJ  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

They won't have to spin it.  Their supporters don't care.  They have ignored everything this President has done that if it were any other person (democrat) they would have raised their pitchforks and grabbed their ropes and demanded accountability. 

I spoke with my mother this evening and she said she is so worried.  She doesn't feel like this is america anymore.  She's right, it's not America.  It's the land of corruption and white nationalists, aka Trump's America.    

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  cjcold  replied to  PJ @1.1    5 years ago

It's a good thing liberals tend to not be assassins.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

It's too bad the House was in such a rush to write up the articles of impeachment and vote on it. That was the time to go through everything and make a case. They promised impeachment 3 years ago. They delivered. That was really all they wanted.

Professor Guide
1.2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    5 years ago
They promised impeachment 3 years ago. They delivered.

Promises made.  Promises kept.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.1    5 years ago

Hey sister: Let's raise a glass; Here's to the hate filled left!

Professor Guide
1.2.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.2    5 years ago
Hey sister: Let's raise a glass; Here's to the hate filled left!

What would Trump say if he knew you drank?  Besides, I have 2 weeks left in my chemo cycle and can't tolerate even a sip of alcohol.  However, I do have the bong loaded and ready to go.  So...let's blast one in honor of our President to prove that it really is easy to find a happy medium.  

StinkWeedPete
Freshman Silent
1.2.4  StinkWeedPete  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    5 years ago
They Who? <cough>

StinkWeedPete
Freshman Silent
1.2.7  StinkWeedPete  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.3    5 years ago
However, I do have the bong loaded and ready to go.

not sure weve met but my thinkin is to always have two bongs loaded an redy to go. one fer me and the other fer me later. sorry to hear yer havin a tough time round the holy days but im sure yule be fine. positiv thinkin, always da way to go. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.2.8  PJ  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.1    5 years ago

And moreover, simpletons can only digest information and facts in small doses.  Otherwise there would have been pages full of Trump AND his Administration's wrong doing.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
1.2.9  Enoch  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.3    5 years ago

Dear Friend SMAAB: I am here for you.

24/7.

Please use my personal email for privacy.

P&AB.

Enoch.

Professor Guide
1.2.10  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kathleen @1.2.6    5 years ago
Sister, I hope everything goes well for you during your treatments.

No worries, it's just the tail-end of a little maintenance.  

Happy holidays to you and your family as well.

Professor Guide
1.2.11  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  StinkWeedPete @1.2.7    5 years ago
not sure weve met

Something tells me we have...

one fer me and the other fer me later.

Ha!

Professor Guide
1.2.12  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to    5 years ago
Peace, Sister, and good karma coming your way.

Fastest karma delivery ever.  I'm already feeling like a million bucks.  Of course I'd rather have a million bucks. jrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png

Professor Guide
1.2.13  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Enoch @1.2.9    5 years ago

Check your email later.

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.2.14  Raven Wing  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.10    5 years ago
No worries, it's just the tail-end of a little maintenance.

Much love to you my sweet Sister, and best wishes for a good recovery. jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.15  Kavika   replied to  Raven Wing @1.2.14    5 years ago

Maintenance or not, I'm in your corner sister.

charger 383
Professor Silent
1.2.16  charger 383  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.10    5 years ago

hope the maintenance is all that's needed and you feel better 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.17  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.3    5 years ago

treatment won't be complete without a laying of hands upon you by rev. devangelical

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.2.18  igknorantzrulz  replied to  devangelical @1.2.17    5 years ago

not sure the Good Sister swings that way,

but believe your intentions to be genuine, and positive.

Now me, i'm positive like HIV, but spelled differently, asz eye due, on any not Oh Kassion,

use you lee, have something wrong to say, so i said it.

I'm with U, wishin the good sister gets well soon, and all have a good "Doc" ter less Holiday,

Also a prayer possibly or r.t..b...for his wife, and the good Enoch.

To the silly string haired mental midget, and his incessant defenders of any and all, how can your P brain minds remain so damn small.

How do you guys EXCUSE EVERYTHING, this POS potUS does ?????

It's a sickness of sum sort

N plenty thinking individuals are Damn Sick of it, them, and Trumpp.  He neeeds to be PUTIN AWay

not Put In our way

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2.20  Snuffy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.12    5 years ago
Of course I'd rather have a million bucks.

email from Nigeria on it's way...   jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

other than that, best wishes for you on this maintenance. Really hope that it all goes well.  My daughter recently found out that after 7 years her breast cancer has returned and goes in for surgery on the 3rd.  All I can say is CANCER SUCKS!!!

Enoch
Masters Quiet
1.2.24  Enoch  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.13    5 years ago

Dear Friend SMAAB: Just did.

Check yours.

Warmest of cyber hugs.

P&AB (and check please).

Enoch.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.27  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.12    5 years ago

luv ya Sis!

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.2.28  katrix  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    5 years ago
That was the time to go through everything and make a case.

Trump obstructed Congress and prevented a lot of people from testifying, since he knew they would incriminate him. Including Duffey. Imagine that.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2.29  Snuffy  replied to    5 years ago

Best of luck to your wife...   thinking only the best thoughts to keep the waves positive...  no negative waves allowed.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2.30  Snuffy  replied to  katrix @1.2.28    5 years ago
Trump obstructed Congress and prevented a lot of people from testifying, since he knew they would incriminate him. Including Duffey. Imagine that.

Not really but it makes a good sound bite.  Trump told them not to testify but did not prevent them as there were several that did go testify. Trump is allowed to use Executive Privilege, his is a co-equal branch of the federal government. The rules are laid out, congress should have used the 3rd branch of the government to resolve the issue but they didn't.

As far as calling for witnesses in the Senate trial, McConnell has already said he would like to use the same process that was used for Bill Clinton where the House presents its case and then with a bi-partisan vote the Senate then decides on other witnesses and document subpoenas. I don't see why that is such an issue.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.31  Kavika   replied to    5 years ago

Snuffy and r.t..b wishing positive outcomes to your daughter and wife. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.32  Vic Eldred  replied to  katrix @1.2.28    5 years ago
Trump obstructed Congress

So the Legislative branch is superior to the Executive branch? I thought they were equal branches.

prevented a lot of people from testifying

Yup, just as Obama did during the "fast & furious" inquiry. It's called "Executive Privilege" and when the President and congress are at odds over it, we should allow the Court to weigh in.

since he knew they would incriminate him

It must be, huh?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.33  Dulay  replied to  Snuffy @1.2.30    5 years ago
I don't see why that is such an issue.

Perhaps that's because you and McConnell are making a false equivalency between Clinton's trial and Trump's. 

Every subpoena for witnesses and documents was complied with by time the House took up impeachment for Clinton. Not so with Trump. 

Every one of the witnesses were deposed during the Clinton investigation, INCLUDING Clinton. That is not true with Trump. 

So the Senate already had transcripts from ALL of the witness depositions AND Grand Jury testimony. In short, they had a couple of additional questions for witnesses but they already knew the bulk of their testimony. 

Ironically, a Senate panel deposed a couple of witnesses who had already given testimony for the investigation BEHIND CLOSED DOORS and they played the tape of those depositions rather than calling LIVE witnesses to testify to the whole Senate during the trial. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.34  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.32    5 years ago
So the Legislative branch is superior to the Executive branch? I thought they were equal branches.

Since the Executive takes an oath to 'take care that the laws are faithfully executed' law subpoena's should be complied to. 

Yup, just as Obama did during the "fast & furious" inquiry. 

Nope, over 7000 documents were released for the "fast & furious" inquiry and Holder held back DOCUMENTS, not testimony. 

Fail. 

It's called "Executive Privilege" and when the President and congress are at odds over it, we should allow the Court to weigh in.

Executive Privilege actually has to be formally invoked and for specific persons and documents. There is no such thing as 'blanket Executive privilege'. 

Oh and then there is the little fact that Executive Privilege cannot be used to hide wrongdoing. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.35  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.34    5 years ago
Since the Executive takes an oath to 'take care that the laws are faithfully executed' law subpoena's should be complied to. 

Unfortunately you never pass the shoe's on the other foot test. Had it happened with Obama you'd be telling us why it was technically so different - not that it would have EVER have happened to Obama. Obama knew how to deal with   whistleblowers he prosecuted no less than eight leakers under the Espionage Act.

Nope

Oh, but YES

"The House Oversight Committee let loose with a scathing assessment of   Eric Holder   in a recent report, accusing the Barack Obama-era attorney general of outright misleading Congress on its investigation of the “Fast and Furious” gun-running scandal.

And get this. Among the report’s 300 pages is the committee’s finding that   Holder   regarded the family of murdered Border Patrol agent   Brian Terry   as a “nuisance.”

Executive Privilege actually has to be formally invoked and for specific persons and documents. 

I know that is the official progressive line, but the Courts have already begun taking it up:

"The decision by the Supreme Court to review the lower court rulings involving congressional and prosecution subpoenas directed toward President Trump  undercuts the second article of impeachment that passed the House Judiciary Committee along party lines last week.

That second article of impeachment charges President Trump with obstruction of Congress for refusing to comply with the congressional subpoenas in the absence of a final court order. In so charging him, the House Judiciary Committee has arrogated to itself the power to decide the validity of subpoenas, and the power to determine whether claims of executive privilege must be recognized, both authorities that properly belong with the judicial branch of our government, not the legislative branch. The House of Representatives will do likewise, when it votes to approve the articles, as the chamber is expected to do so Wednesday."

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.36  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.35    5 years ago
Unfortunately you never pass the shoe's on the other foot test.

Your whataboutism is a test you fail, not I. 

Had it happened with Obama you'd be telling us why it was technically so different - not that it would have EVER have happened to Obama.

Trump is the first and only one to claim a blanket Executive privilege. 

Obama knew how to deal with   whistleblowers he prosecuted no less than eight leakers under the Espionage Act.

NO whistleblower, as defined by the Whistleblower Protection Act, has EVER been prosecuted under the Espionage Act. So as with so many of your posts, your little fantasy scenario is bullshit. 

Oh, but YES

Oh butt NO. You claimed that the withheld TESTIMONY yet try to support your claim with links and statements about DOCUMENTS. As usual, you're incapable of supporting what you ACTUALLY said so you deflect...

I know that is the official progressive line, but the Courts have already begun taking it up

That's pretty fucking hypocritical after you cited the Holder case. Was THAT the 'official progressive line' then too? 

Oh and BTW, fuck Allen Dershowitz and his 'opinion'. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.37  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.36    5 years ago
NO whistleblower, as defined by the Whistleblower Protection Act, has EVER been prosecuted under the Espionage Act.

Oh, as defined by the WB Protection Act! Is that going to be the game today?

Here for anyone interested:

(Washington, DC) – On April 3, 2012, the Obama administration indicted intelligence whistleblower John Kiriakou. Kiriakou is the sixth whistleblower that the Obama administration has charged under the Espionage Act for the alleged mishandling of classified information – more than all past administrations combined. In a rare move, the indictment was sealed until today.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2.38  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  StinkWeedPete @1.2.4    5 years ago

I love your handle.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.39  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.36    5 years ago
Oh and BTW, fuck Allen Dershowitz and his 'opinion'. 

Dosen't he just gall ya?

So sorry for you.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.40  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.37    5 years ago
Oh, as defined by the WB Protection Act! Is that going to be the game today?

You're the game player Vic. You prove it by trying to make the false equivalency of the WB who Trump is after and John Kiriakou, who pled GUILTY of disclosing the identity of a fellow CIA agent. 

John Kiriakou NEVER applied for WB protection. 

In short, your post is just MORE bullshit. jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.41  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.40    5 years ago
who pled GUILTY of disclosing the identity of a fellow CIA agent. 

That was your fuckin Obama FBI at work. He was prosecuted for releasing classified information. He was exposing the thing Obama would later call torture - "waterboarding."

"He warned Snowden to anticipate FBI officials wearing clandestine listening devices who may attempt to betray and entrap him into making comments that, heard out of context, would seem incriminating."

Oh, my, Dosen't that have a familiar ring to it?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.42  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.41    5 years ago
That was your fuckin Obama FBI at work.

Do you ever post anything that is fact based Vic?

Kiriakou was in the CIA, NOT the FBI and he outed a CIA agent and CIA torture. 

Secondly, Obama wasn't the only one who acknowledged that waterboarding IS torture. John McCann comes to mind. 

BTFW, is there any American left that trusts any LEO in this country? From the street cop to the FBI and CIA, they LIE to you, we all know that. They're allowed to lie, the SCOTUS ruled on that long ago. So I hardly think that Kiriakou's warning to Snowden was a fucking revelation. 

Oh, my, Dosen't that have a familiar ring to it?

If you hear a familiar ring, then it's between the Obama and the Trump FBI. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.43  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.42    5 years ago
Kiriakou was in the CIA, NOT the FBI and he outed a CIA agent and CIA torture. 

We know he was in the CIA. It was the FBI who traced the leaks back to him.

Patrick J. Fitzgerald, U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Illinois, who was appointed Special Attorney in 2010 to supervise the investigation, said, “I want to thank the Washington Field Office of the FBI and the team of attorneys assigned to this matter for their hard work and dedication to tracing the sources of the leaks of classified information.” 

Secondly, Obama wasn't the only one who acknowledged that waterboarding IS torture. John McCann comes to mind. 

So what? It was president Obama who banned it!

is there any American left that trusts any LEO in this country?

For the past 3 years the American left has saluted Obama's weaponized FBI. On these very pages Iv'e heard them praise Comey and McCabe simply because they did their duty and/or eluded indictment.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.44  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.43    5 years ago
We know he was in the CIA.

There you go with your 'we' crap again. 

It was the FBI who traced the leaks back to him.

Point? 

The FACT is, he wasn't a whistleblower as defined under the Whistleblower Protection Act and Obama did NOT prosecute anyone that was. You can keep trying and failing to deflect from that fact ad nauseam but it will still be a fact. 

So what? It was president Obama who banned it!

Yes he did and he brought the US back into compliance with the Geneva Conventions by doing so. 

Oh and BTFW, despite all of Trump's blather and bluster, he hasn't revoked Obama's EO. 

For the past 3 years the American left has saluted Obama's weaponized FBI. 

Anyone that knows the slightest thing about the history of the FBI knows that it has been 'weaponized' since it's inception. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.45  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.44    5 years ago
There you go with your 'we' crap again. 

You sound triggered..

The FACT is, he wasn't a whistleblower as defined under the Whistleblower Protection Act and Obama did NOT prosecute anyone that was.

To the contrary, the FACT is that Obama prosecuted 8 of them AND he had reporters SPIED on!

Yes he did and he brought the US back into compliance with the Geneva Conventions by doing so. 

Only if you believe "waterboarding" is defined as torture.

Oh and BTFW, despite all of Trump's blather and bluster, he hasn't revoked Obama's EO. 

Oh, BTFW, Trump wouldn't, since he has no vested interest in "waterboarding".  That belongs to the Bush administration. Bush's EO was countered by Obama's EO.
Oh and BTFW, Gina Haspel, the new CIA Director had a direct involvement in the "Waterboarding" program.

Anyone that knows the slightest thing about the history of the FBI knows that it has been 'weaponized' since it's inception. 

Nope. It was the radical Obama who politicized just every agency of government. (Hoover & co were not politicized. They acted on their own).

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.46  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.45    5 years ago
You sound triggered..

You're hearing things. 

To the contrary, the FACT is that Obama prosecuted 8 of them AND he had reporters SPIED on!

Do you think that repeating the same lies ad nauseam makes them any less lies Vic? 

Only if you believe "waterboarding" is defined as torture.

Since Japanese soldiers were tried, convicted and HUNG for torture, including waterboarding, it's pretty fucking clear that waterboarding IS defined as torture AND war crimes. 

Oh, BTFW, Trump wouldn't, since he has no vested interest in "waterboarding".  That belongs to the Bush administration. Bush's EO was countered by Obama's EO.

But Trump said:

"I would bring back waterboarding and I'd bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding." 

“Would I approve waterboarding? You bet your ass I would. In a heartbeat. I would approve more than that. It works. If it doesn’t work, they deserve it anyway for what they do to us”.

"Some people say it's not actually torture - let's assume it is. "But they asked me the question: 'What are you going to do on waterboarding?' Absolutely fine, but we should go much stronger than waterboarding. That's the way I feel."

Sounds like Trump was pretty interested in waterboarding before you guys elected him. Just another unkept 'promise'? 

Oh and BTFW, Gina Haspel, the new CIA Director had a direct involvement in the "Waterboarding" program.

Trump's CIA Director...

Nope. It was the radical Obama who politicized just every agency of government. (Hoover & co were not politicized. They acted on their own).

You said weaponized, NOT politicized Vic. Defecting again.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2.47  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.1    5 years ago
Promises made.  Promises kept.

They kept one.  I wouldn't exactly call that success.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.48  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.46    5 years ago
Do you think that repeating the same lies ad nauseam makes them any less lies Vic? 

That's why I posted the link, which you have avoided like the plague.

it's pretty fucking clear that waterboarding IS defined as torture AND war crimes. 

Actually it's not, particularly the version which the CIA used to garner valuable information. It was a judgement call by the US government.

Sounds like Trump was pretty interested in waterboarding before you guys elected him. Just another unkept 'promise'? 

Sorry, he never ordered the CIA to reinstate "waterboarding.' You know what he was thinking though. It's not surprising that you would attempt to smear Trump with "waterboarding." For other progressives it would be a new low.

Trump's CIA Director...

His choice. He never really had a chance to have good solid lists of prospective candidates when he came to Washington DC. The never Trump establishment Republicans didn't want to serve him in the beginning. Let's hope Haspel can be trusted, though I doubt it.

You said weaponized, NOT politicized Vic.

I know. I'm saying both.

Defecting again.  

That's part of your routine.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.49  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.48    5 years ago
That's why I posted the link, which you have avoided like the plague.

Yet you've yet to post ANYTHING that prove what you claimed. Obama NEVER prosecuted a whistleblower as defined by the Whistleblower Protection Act. PERIOD, full stop. 

Actually it's not, particularly the version which the CIA used to garner valuable information.

Bullshit. 

It was a judgement call by the US government.

It was poor judgement by an out of control government. 

Sorry, he never ordered the CIA to reinstate "waterboarding.'

Of course you are. 

You know what he was thinking though. It's not surprising that you would attempt to smear Trump with "waterboarding." For other progressives it would be a new low.

I'm just posting Trump's own words. If that 'smears' him, it's on him. 

His choice. He never really had a chance to have good solid lists of prospective candidates when he came to Washington DC. The never Trump establishment Republicans didn't want to serve him in the beginning. Let's hope Haspel can be trusted, though I doubt it.

Wow, you're dissing Pompeo [among many others] pretty bad there Vic. 

I know. I'm saying both.

Sure you are Vic. 

That's part of your routine.

Of late, yours seems to be 'I'm rubber, you're glue'. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.50  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.49    5 years ago
Yet you've yet to post ANYTHING that prove what you claimed. Obama NEVER prosecuted a whistleblower as defined by the Whistleblower Protection Act. PERIOD, full stop. 

I certainly did. And BTW those whistleblowers had first hand knowledge, which was the rule before the lefties changed it so the current WB could qualify!

Bullshit. 

That's not really a defense. I thought that by now you'd have a section of the Geneva Convention covering the specific definition of "waterboarding."

It was poor judgement by an out of control government. 

Which? The decision by the CIA to use the new version of Waterboarding or the decision by lefties in government to declare torture?

Of course you are. 

Fortunately for the progressives, I'm not the President.

I'm just posting Trump's own words.

No, you are doing more than that. This President dosen't belong in a conversation about Waterboarding. Only the President who approved it - George W Bush and the one who declared it "torture", our own radical-in-chief Barak Obama.

Wow, you're dissing Pompeo [among many others] pretty bad there Vic.

I'm not dissing Pompeo. You have forgotten the days of the transition, when Donald Trump had trouble getting any veteran establishment State Department professionals willing to serve him. Pompeo wasn't Trump's first Secretary of State - It was a business acquaintance, remember? Someone who had no experience at the State Department. And when the President elect was asked about his foreign policy advisers, you may recall, Trump in a rare moment of nervousness replied with two names nobody was very familiar with - George Papadopoulos and Carter Page. From that moment on the media began their treachery against both.....and the rest is history.

Of late, yours seems to be 'I'm rubber, you're glue'. 

The only "glue" seems to be mine and I will refrain from adding the rest of that.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.51  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.50    5 years ago
I certainly did.

The link you posted refutes your own claim Vic. 

And BTW those whistleblowers had first hand knowledge, which was the rule before the lefties changed it so the current WB could qualify!

No rule has been changed Vic. That bullshit has been debunked here multiple times, why repeat it? 

That's not really a defense. I thought that by now you'd have a section of the Geneva Convention covering the specific definition of "waterboarding."

Actually, it's all the 'defense' that I need to combat 'Nuh uh'. 

Which? The decision by the CIA to use the new version of Waterboarding or the decision by lefties in government to declare torture?

First of all, the CIA didn't use a 'new version of Waterboarding'. There is no 'new version' of dumping water into the mouth and nose of a bound captive to simulate drowning Vic. 

Secondly, it wasn't the CIA's call. Bush ordered the OLC to give him cover and they complied with the order. 

Fortunately for the progressives, I'm not the President.

Why? Under a Vic Presidency, would merely being a progressive qualify one for waterboarding? 

No, you are doing more than that.

Nope, I quoted Trump verbatim. Sure, you can say Trump's own words implied that he would do more but his sycophants have accepted his inaction on this matter. 

This President dosen't belong in a conversation about Waterboarding. Only the President who approved it - George W Bush and the one who declared it "torture", our own radical-in-chief Barak Obama.

Why not? Trump made promises he hasn't kept. 

Oh wait, I almost forgot. Trump's promises don't matter because IOKIYAR. 

I'm not dissing Pompeo. You have forgotten the days of the transition, when Donald Trump had trouble getting any veteran establishment State Department professionals willing to serve him.

Blah, blah, blah. 

I suppose that would be relevant if we were taking about the State Dept. but since we were taking about the CIA, it's just more deflection. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3  Dulay  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    4 years ago

Sister, there has been a NEW release of the same documents which are NOT redacted nearly as much as the first  traunch. Here is an article about the newly unredacted information. 

The facts exposed are FAR worse than previously known and the DOJ has NO excuse for redacting what they did. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3  Split Personality    4 years ago

Ok folks, since SMAAB is not available

and y'all can't seem to talk about the topic,

just each other,

this is locked.