Parents pay thousands for ‘brain training’ to help kids with ADHD and autism. But does it work?

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  4 weeks ago  •  10 comments

Parents pay thousands for ‘brain training’ to help kids with ADHD and autism. But does it work?
Some families say they’ve seen transformative benefits from programs that claim to rewire the brain, but many researchers say the evidence is thin.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
Find text within the comments Find 

MUVA
1  MUVA    4 weeks ago

I can answer this one yes and no it depends on the work the parents put in my wife left work for 9 years so she could help our son E.We were told when he was 2 he probably be non verbal never read and write my wife along with therapist help my son talk read and write he graduated from high school with honors he is a Junior at Old dominion University and will graduate with honors again.     

Enoch
1.1  Enoch  replied to  MUVA @1    4 weeks ago

Dear Friend MUVA: Good on him and you both.

Teams efforts work best.

Am proud as can be of all of you.

Inspiring.

P&AB.

Enoch.

MUVA
1.1.1  MUVA  replied to  Enoch @1.1    4 weeks ago

That you very much I always appreciate your kind words.

r.t..b...
1.2  r.t..b...  replied to  MUVA @1    4 weeks ago
he graduated from high school with honors he is a Junior at Old dominion University and will graduate with honors again.   

The efforts of committed parents, acting as advocates when the tests say one thing but you know in your heart the potential is waiting to be discovered, have been realized. Congrats, MUVA...and best wishes for your son moving forward...may he positively influence others, in whatever course he chooses, to face adversity and conquer misconceptions, just as you have done for him. Peace.

MUVA
1.2.1  MUVA  replied to  r.t..b... @1.2    4 weeks ago

Thank you he is sitting next to me right now he is weighing the pro’s and con’s of the new Star Wars movie.

r.t..b...
1.2.2  r.t..b...  replied to  MUVA @1.2.1    4 weeks ago
weighing the pro’s and con’s of the new Star Wars movie

Too funny. We all sat together and enjoyed it yesterday.

May the force be with you!

katrix
1.3  katrix  replied to  MUVA @1    4 weeks ago

I'm glad to hear that! Great job.

The People's Fish
2  The People's Fish    4 weeks ago

News flash all young boys have ADHD, do not put them on a drug adults illegally abuse. It is an amphetamine salt and the detox is miserable. Go get your kid some exercise.

As far as Autism, don't be sad, they may grow up to be Dr. Sheldon cooper and live a happy life. Get them occupational therapy and equine therapy. It works.

MUVA
2.1  MUVA  replied to  The People's Fish @2    4 weeks ago

Maybe Temple Grandin she is responsible for  what is the modern way of euthanasia cows for beef production when my wife saw the movie about her she was filled with hope for my son.

MUVA
2.2  MUVA  replied to  The People's Fish @2    4 weeks ago

I have three sons 2 are athletes they are both  even keeled never any problems I think some of it is do to the amount of exercise they both got playing soccer they trained 4 to 5 days a week year round for 6 years as their Scottish coach said it will take the piss out of them.