╌>

Five Orthodox Jews wounded in Hanukkah machete attack by 'black male' in New York

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  89 comments

Five Orthodox Jews wounded in Hanukkah machete attack by 'black male' in New York

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Multiple Orthodox Jews were stabbed at Rabbi Rottenberg’s Shul in Monsey, New York, on Saturday evening, and a suspect has been taken into custody by the New York Police Department. Two victims are reported to be in critical condition.

"At the residence behind us around at 10 o'clock, we received a report of a stabbing," said Ramapo Police Department Chief Brad Weidel . " We have confirmed five individuals who were stabbed at this residence. Two of them are at Good Samaritan Hospital. Three of them are at Westchester Medical Center."

Shortly after the stabbings, authorities arrested a black male in a car with a license plate that had been identified by witnesses at the scene.

“Our suspect is a tall, black male, about 6-foot-3 who was involved in this incident,” said Weidel. Weidel confirmed that New York State Police and NYPD intelligence are aiding in the investigation.

At 9:50 this eve, a call came in about a mass stabbing at 47 Forshay Road in Monsey," tweeted the Orthodox Jewish Public Affairs Council for Hudson Valley. "It's the house of a Hasidic Rabbi. 5 patients with stab wounds, all Hasidic, were transported to local hospitals."

A black male entered the premises with a machete and attempted to gain access into an adjoining synagogue before being chased off into an awaiting vehicle, according to early reports from Vos Iz Neias , an outlet dedicated to covering Orthodox Jewish and Hasidic communities.

One of the victims was stabbed at least 6 times," tweeted OJPAC. "The fifth/least severe case had a cut in his hand. Perp left in a vehicle with tag number HPT-5757 per the person who saw it and we confirmed it with him directly (but it was dark and rushed.) a Gray Nissan Sentra.”

Video shows a large presence of police and emergency responders rushing to aid the victims. Police located the suspect's vehicle to a residency in Greenwood Lake, New York.

The perp's face was partially covered with a scarf but skin showed him to be an African American," reported OJPAC in a follow-up tweet.

“An attack on one Jew, is an attack on all Jews,” wrote New York state Assemblyman Dov Hikind on Twitter. “We are in route to the scene to be there to stand with the community and to do whatever we can to be of assistance.”

In early December, six people were murdered in a Jewish neighborhood in New Jersey by two shooters, one of whom posted an anti-Semitic manifesto before attacking a kosher market. The shooters were killed in a firefight with police.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2  KDMichigan    5 years ago

This is a nothing burger to the left because it interferes with their identity politics. When the black Hebrew Israelites berated white teenagers the left cheered. When a member of the black Hebrew Israelites shot up a Jewish deli they were silent.   

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1  Jasper2529  replied to  KDMichigan @2    5 years ago
When a member of the black Hebrew Israelites shot up a Jewish deli they were silent.   

And killed a Jersey City cop, too.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  KDMichigan @2    5 years ago

When the black Hebrew Israelites berated white teenagers the left cheered.

that was one of those classic NT moments, when the left wing fringe on this site lost their mind and supported anyone and everything that went after those kids for smirking.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  KDMichigan @2    5 years ago

But that isn't the issue here. It is about rampant antisemitism in the US.  

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.4.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.4    5 years ago
But that isn't the issue here.

Of course it isn't, If the perpetrators where white though we would have seen a seed by your fellow travelers on the rise of whites hate crimes and how they are all Trump supporters, do you think I'm wrong? I stand by my comment 100%.

Hmmm I guess it didn't take long for your New York Democrats to blame Trump did it?

CB
Professor Principal
2.4.2  CB  replied to  KDMichigan @2.4.1    5 years ago

I am planning to stay above the visceral reaction coming forth on this thread and I have a feeling it will get locked sooner rather than later, if focus can not remain where it needs to be and that is on the issue and not the politics. Even though some get it wrong, there is no need for some of us to get caught in a sucking vortex and drawn into its 'container.'

As a "fellow traveler" I reckon, I am offended that anybody should be doing all this killing in New York and beyond. Our life is so precious to ourselves and those who love us dearly.

1. What is wrong with this black man?
  2. Where is he from?
  3. What is his 'complaint'?
  4. Was it necessary for him to rush into a synagogue of people who clearly don't even know him?
  5. Is he mentally ill in some significant way?
  6. What is this about?

I will find this out here or abroad. Outwardly and immediately, I condemn this foolish man as I would any presumed hater of anybody.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.4.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  KDMichigan @2.4.1    5 years ago
If the perpetrators where white though we would have seen a seed by your fellow travelers on the rise of whites hate crimes and how they are all Trump supporters

Any kind of racial supremacy is not only wrong, it's abhorrent. The fact remains, there are FAR more radicalized extremist white supremacists in this country than there are these bigoted black supremacists who call themselves the "Black Hebrews". But regardless of how many there are, I treat them with the same disdain and contempt they deserve, whether white or black supremacists. Anyone who thinks their race is empirically better than any other race, or that some other race is inherently inferior, is in essence asking to be treated as inferior. "Do unto others as you would have them do to you.". I treat everyone with the same respect I expect until they treat me or others like shit indicating they want to be treated like shit themselves, after which I oblige them at every opportunity.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.4.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  KDMichigan @2.4.1    5 years ago
Hmmm I guess it didn't take long for your New York Democrats to blame Trump did it?

That is wrong. I would tell them the same thing, too. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.4.5  KDMichigan  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.4.3    5 years ago
The fact remains, there are FAR more radicalized extremist white supremacists in this country than there are these bigoted black supremacists

You figure that out all by yourself?  Hmm I wonder if that has anything to do with population?

But regardless of how many there are,

And yet you couldn't help yourself by crying, but white supremist….shocker.

or that some other race is inherently inferior, 

What are you talking about, this is exactly what you democrats do.

I treat everyone with the same respect I expect 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.4.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  KDMichigan @2.4.5    5 years ago
And yet you couldn't help yourself by crying, but white supremist….shocker.

Who was crying white supremacist? You're the one who brought it up.

"What are you talking about, this is exactly what you democrats do."

Just more nonsensical lies.

Nice spit take. As I said, I treat everyone with respect until someone proves through their words or actions that they want to be treated like shit. If you're feeling like I don't respect your comments, it's likely because I've read them and feel they have revealed a lot about you and are undeserving of any respectful response. Most are recycled overused Hillary memes, some student in detention with high blood pressure, some guy screaming in a beanie or are subtly defensive of white nationalists and white supremacists. Not much there to respect.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.4.7  KDMichigan  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.4.6    5 years ago
subtly defensive of white nationalists and white supremacists

That's a crock of shit right there. Just because I don't espouse white guilt like yourself in no way demonstrates that I defend Nationalist or extremist. Now you yourself Are well known for defending the actions of ANTIFA and take great pride when they accost little old ladies when they try to cross a street. 

Not much there to respect.

If I had any respect from you I would have to do a extreme soul search to see what I was doing wrong. Now go find a article to cry "But Trump" on.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.4.8  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  KDMichigan @2.4.7    5 years ago
you yourself Are well known for defending the actions of ANTIFA

Please do show a single post where I defend ANTIFA. I have condemned their violent acts every time they have occurred. I don't put them in the same league as right wing extremists who actually murder dozens and dozens of people every year, so far ANTIFA hasn't killed anyone and that's not a defense, it's just a simple fact. I condemn ANTIFA's use of violence and vandalism and believe it completely unnecessary and counterproductive to the actual fight against things they claim they are protesting like fascism. I have made this clear in numerous posts.

So not sure whose posts you are attributing to me, but you're clearly wrong once again.

It's hilarious that you have some wild fantasy about me and other progressives "crying" over anything. I haven't shed a single tear over Trump or his beloved poorly educated base, " We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated,". Politics do not make me cry, I was not emotionally invested in Hillary as you so desperately want to believe. I was shocked that so many Americans could support such a slime ball all because of some hate that had built up against Hillary who, while not appealing to me, would at least have been generally competent and likely would have acted Presidential which is far more than anyone can say of what we ended up with.

So while you invent your own fantasy image in your head of some weak little Berkeley liberal begging for free stuff and crying in the streets wearing a pink pussy hat, demanding reparations for black Americans and gender equality, which I admit, is a hilarious straw man, I'll be working hard pulling in six figures, jogging on the beach with my wife and two daughters watching the sunset over the Pacific, enjoying life and just shaking my head at the continued virulent disease that has infected and incapacitated the Republican party, namely dirty dishonest Donald. When watching fellow Americans metaphorically pick up dog feces and start eating it and saying "Mmmm, yum", it doesn't bring tears to my eyes, at first it evoked laughter, and now just general disbelief watching them continue to chew. I really did think after the first few bites they would realize what they were doing and spit it out, and the fact is some did. There have been large groups of Republicans abandoning their party over Trump. Sadly there were some Democrats in the rust belt that became Republicans to get a bite of that canine butt brownie. We shall see next November which side gained more over the last three years.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.4.9  KDMichigan  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.4.8    5 years ago

I don't defend ANTIFA......But but right wing extremist.

I haven't shed a single tear over Trump....But but i'll go on a rant about Trump and Republicans

Fucking Hillaryious

Your dismissed I can't handle anymore Hillaryity today.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.4.10  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  KDMichigan @2.4.9    5 years ago

Ah yes, I forgot to add your ever original laughing 'most interesting man' meme. It was kind of funny the first few dozen times you posted it, now it's just so tired the sound effect that goes along with it is a snore. Oh, and the use of "Hillaryity" was just sad and pathetic the first time someone used it several years ago, it has only grown more so since.

CB
Professor Principal
2.4.11  CB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.4.10    5 years ago

Aright now, you better 'read.'  (Smile.) Handle yo' biz! And, I wanna wish you a Happy New Year!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.4.12  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.4.4    5 years ago

Not every thing can be blamed on Trump.  This guy had mental problems long before Trump came along.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.4.13  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  CB @2.4.11    5 years ago
I wanna wish you a Happy New Year!

To you as well! Happy Holidays and may the new year be one of joy and cheer for all regardless of differing demographics, borders, politics or faiths. I even wish the best for those who are likely thinking the exact opposite for me :) A person doesn't have to celebrate Christmas to embrace the real "reason for the season" which is to love one another, spend time with family, have some spiked eggnog and think about what you're thankful for while showing appreciation for what you have by giving to those in need.

CB
Professor Principal
2.4.14  CB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.4.13    5 years ago

Awww, that's mighty generous of you, DP!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  KDMichigan @2    5 years ago

Congresswoman Tlaib wasn't silent, until she found out it wasn't a white supremicist.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
3  Enoch    5 years ago

Dear Fins and Scales Aquatic Friend of the People: Several things sadden me, you and others here. 

As American we believe all are created equal.

That is bed rock American.

The First Amendment to our Constitution guarantees freedom of religion.

We started out as the un-Europe.

Increasingly, we see violence and hatred mainstreamed.

It most likely will get worse before it gets better.

Short attention span to history guarantees past mistakes, including atrocities will most regrettably be repeated.

What can we realistically do about this stain of bigotry and persecution on the human family?

There are several things.

First, as a community we can help those here clean up their act when they promote the evil of hatred.

Using the tragedy that happened in Monsey NY, and recently in N.J. for petty partisanship aids, not detracts from this sin.

Let's stop pretending that one political party or religious ideology owns this foulness, or can cure it. 

Remember that Cindy Hyde-Smith (R - Mississippi) and Steven King (R - Iowa); Rashid Talib (D Michigan) and Ilhan Oman (D - Minnesota) are no where near the mainstream, and do not represent the core of either of these two parties. They are not. They do not.

Bad actors are not on one side or the other.

Same as the good actors.

What ever your party of choice, vote up the best among all candidates with a realistic chance of winning. 

Hold their feet to the fire.

They work for you, not the other way around.  

Let's then stop trying to use human tragedy to score points for either of the major of our two party system.

Let's call things for what they actually are.

Democrats and Republicans represent a nation that puts it all on the line for human rights and dignity - 24/7.

Forget about dividing.

Let's now and going forward grow up.

Unite to combat hatred and evil when and where ever they rear their filthy heads.

Each day let's make it a point to understand and respect each other.

Not because we do or ever will see the world through each others eyes, or the same way.

We know that will never happen. 

We also know nothing will improve with pettiness. finger pointing, marginalizing, or dehumanizing.

We get where that leads.

No where good.    

Where there is hatred and violence, stand up and fight it.

With every fiber in your being.

When you look into a mirror, what do you see?

Peace and Abundant Blessings.

Enoch.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Enoch @3    5 years ago
Let's then stop trying to use human tragedy to score points for either of the major of our two party system.

Let's call things for what they actually are.

Democrats and Republicans represent a nation that puts it all on the line for human rights and dignity - 24/7.

Forget about dividing.

Let's now and going forward grow up.

Beautifully said, Enoch. Well done!

Enoch
Masters Quiet
3.2.1  Enoch  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.2    5 years ago

Dear Friend Perrie:

Thank you.

All the best in 2020 to you and yours.

P&AB.

Enoch.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Enoch @3.2.1    5 years ago

Same to you Enoch. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Enoch @3.2.1    4 years ago

I wish you lived near me.  I would so buy you lunch.

CB
Professor Principal
3.3  CB  replied to  Enoch @3    5 years ago

Enoch!  For me the tragedy was stark. I know you live somewhere (no need to state) in New York and that you are an elderly Rabbi and Pastor. So when the media announcer starting going into the story my spirit and ears perked up to hear and take a wait and see approach. I am glad you are safe and sound. For you, traveling in service is the thing.

Now I see (above) the face of this foolish man. I condemn this attack. I am sickened by another person who takes an occasion to bring his mental personal or group evil upon innocent people.

I am outraged. I want to write more, but it would be inappropriate because I have not gotten the full measure of what has occurred. (I've only seen his picture here - not on any news.)

I will end with this, I support all people who love living in peace with other innocent people in peace.

Peace and love to my Jewish friends,

Cal

Enoch
Masters Quiet
3.3.1  Enoch  replied to  CB @3.3    5 years ago

Dear Brother Cal: Now we are about 500 miles NW of Monsey, NY.

That is in Rockland County.

A commuter community to NYC.

In the early 1970's we did live in Spring Valley, NY.

One town over from Monsey.

A Congregation where I served as Senior Rabbi was Young Israel of Spring Valley.

Walking distance to where this happened.

All three of my Rabbinical Ordinations and my Doctor of Divinity is from an Ultra Orthodox Chassidic Seminary in that County (New Square).

You and I are brothers in spirit, my good friend.

Your concern is as touching as it is exemplary.

When we care for one another, when we recognize and live by the idea that part of why we are here is to be the keep of our brothers and our sisters we can reduce but not eliminate needless suffering based on hate.

It makes no difference to me the race , politics, gripes or ideology of this man.  

There is right and there is wrong.

What happened here was wrong, and evil.

I am with all here who condemn this act of attempted slaughter in the strongest possible terms.

At this time we do not know the why's of it.

That doesn't change the fact that it must be dealt with so it doesn't happen again by him.

Together all of us, if we stay focused on right over wrong, caring over indifference, unifying over separating and fighting over drivel can move the needle to a safer, saner and more virtuous world in which to raise children and grandchildren.

Don't we prize that over using the pain and suffering of innocents to score political points?

Religious or secular, we recognize that we are all the same human family.

For those of us who follow a religion and/or spiritual path in life we opine we are all children of the same G-d. 

One way or the other we should want and work for a life best for the young, adults, elderly, healthy, infirm, rich, middle class, poor, of each and every race, ethnicity, culture, heritage, and all the other ways that unite and divide us. 

Seeking out ways to get along isn't easy.

It is a pre-condition to cutting way back on hate crimes. 

Without knowing the facts yet, this is not a crime of love. 

Peace and Abundant Blessings.  

Together, not apart.

Enoch. 

CB
Professor Principal
3.3.2  CB  replied to  Enoch @3.3.1    5 years ago
When we care for one another, when we recognize and live by the idea that part of why we are here is to be the keep of our brothers and our sisters we can reduce but not eliminate needless suffering based on hate.

If people can just get that through and in their spirits! It would be like being cut to the 'quick' to think a gentle spirit and example for the people like yourself could be so misunderstood by raw hatred wandering into the midst. (May it never be.)

These people, pictured in this video I saw today from the scene appear to be "servant" people in their own house/space/world expressing joy in God and celebration. And this 'monster' roars in, I am being imaginative of course, so I will put back and check my words.

But, joy has been ruined—maybe even for many there destroyed; an occasion squandered; the approaching New Year coming with uncalled for pain and suffering; or, worse.

No one can see this stuff coming who is not a part of it occurring. This violence 'poisons' everything! It messes up life, families, and hearth long-term. I am seeing and hearing about this people problem more than ever now.

I support the Jewish people in Monsey, N.Y and 'abroad.'

One more thing. There are 'strange' things we all have and do as people which can at first impression be shocking. What I have observed is one of the biggest mysteries of life, and it is a problem, is when people don't communicate with each other across invisible 'lines.' Without open and honest discussion mysteries abound and magnify themselves and exist and flourish. What open and honest discussion does in my life is let people know that I am real. That I want the same GOOD things they want out of life. When people can see to the soul of someone they label - "mystery box" life can get measurably better quicker.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    5 years ago

What an awful story. What is going on with a person that they go to this trouble to attack these people?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7  Raven Wing    5 years ago

This story, and others similar to it, truly breaks my heart. 

When growing up I was taught that America was one of the few countries where people of all religious and ethnic backgrounds could live and practice their own beliefs, customs and traditions in peace.

That seems to no longer be the case. The tolerance of some in our own country have fallen so low as to hate anyone who is of different skin color, where they came from, and/or religious beliefs from their own.

This is not something that has happened over night, but, over many decades as those who feel only those who are like themselves deserve to live in freedom and prosperity.

The Jewish people here in America are becoming a target of radical groups and we are seeing more and more of the kind of hate they represent here in our own country which America and its people condemned so adamantly in other countries.

My prayers go with the victims of this tragic event, and I pray that America will prove that those who perpetrate them have no place in our country, or our world. 

nv-wa-do-hi-ya-dv (Peace)

CB
Professor Principal
7.1  CB  replied to  Raven Wing @7    5 years ago

It really is time to make a statement about "random" killings in this country. This is something local governments can do: Institute swift and immediate justice. Do not give these hate murders once determined the "luxury" of lingering around in the system. Make it clear to them their days will be short and less "deliberate" in jails and prisons!

Raven Wing, do you remember the 1984 San Ysidro, California McDonald spree killings (San Diego -21 dead, 19 injured)  I do. For me, it was a real gaping-mouth shocker. Probably the first time I took real stock of how near a mass killing can be to me. Later on, I actually went down near the border, that spot, and read the plaque put up there. If my memory is correct. Been long ago.

We've seen a lot of heartbreak with bullets and . . . machetes in the years falling away.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  CB @7.1    5 years ago
Raven Wing, do you remember the 1984 San Ysidro, California McDonald spree killings (San Diego -21 dead, 19 injured) 

Indeed I do, CB. I lived in Chula Vista CA at the time, which is a city adjacent to San Ysidro, and also not far from the Mexican border.

What really brought it home for me was that I and my two young children had eaten at that same McDonalds two days before the killing there took place. My Mother and Sister-in-Law had gone across the border to Tijuana to do some shopping and we met them there at the McDonalds for lunch. 

When I heard about the shooting I was truly saddened for the victims. There were many from both sides of the border who ate there, many of them also with young children. It had a profound effect on both sides of the border.

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.2  CB  replied to  Raven Wing @7.1.1    5 years ago

I actually lived in San Ysidro, CA. right at the border for about a year. (Not that year, though I was in San Diego.) So scary even as an "aftermath."  So bad for the victims, indeed. It reminds me of the 'fragility' of life. Amid the hustle and bustle of fast food; children crying and playing, people being festive and bustling, (shudders) into the scene walks a man killing people in the parking lot and entering the building shooting tables of people. (I have read the account with pictures of that day a few years ago as research.) Then, he 'sat' on the place until eventually swat took him out. Some of the witnesses (alive today) account how they laid under tables and some how survived.

You're right our citizens don't deserve this kind of post traumatic stress disorder. Oddly enough, if I remember it so perhaps these kinds of violences are affecting even the innocent of us miles away?

This is wrong. Just wrong. We convince ourselves its okay. we're heal around it and let it scar over. But, it's not really healing, is it?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  CB @7.1.2    5 years ago
But, it's not really healing, is it?

No....it is not healing. It never leaves you no matter how hard you try to put it out of your memory. 

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.4  CB  replied to  Raven Wing @7.1.3    5 years ago
"It never leaves you. . . "

We are becoming a nation of walking wounded. A country 'embattled.'

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.1.5  Raven Wing  replied to  CB @7.1.4    5 years ago
We are becoming a nation of walking wounded.

Indeed. The homegrown terrorists are making Americans so immune to mass killings that the majority of Americans hardly take that much notice of it anymore. 

And as Abraham Lincoln stated at the address before the Young Men's Lyceum of Springfield, Illinois on January 27, 1838;

At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide.

And it looks like we are fast approaching that point in time. If the American people do not wake up to that fact and take back our country, we will see that day come in the not too distant future. 

And only the most ignorant of people will deny that fact. However, never say never. History has proven time and again that thinking things can never happen can be very foolish.

Let the Trolling begin....as it always does.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Raven Wing @7.1.1    4 years ago

I remember it because my sister lived there at the time.  She had picked up something to eat a half hour before it went down.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Well, according to one of the "fact checkers" so beloved as experts by some, the situation, well, "it's massively complicated" situation between two communities.

Here, I thought it was just wrong to kill people because they are jewish.  Turns out, it's a complicated situation.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
8.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @8    5 years ago

I have to agree with you Sean. One would think that murder is just bad.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
8.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8.1    4 years ago

"Murder is bad...mmmkkk." (Mr Mackay)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

The article did not post his name - it is Grafton Thomas.  I'm rather surprised that some news stories indicate that they are "seeking a motive".  Seeking a motive???   Does everyone have an IQ of less than 50?   Interesting also is the fact that any mainstream media sources refuse to indicate what religion he recently converted to.  

But he will get off and be released back into society because he will plead that he is mentally ill.

"The suspect accused of going on a stabbing rampage in Monsey is “not a terrorist” – he’s just “mentally ill”. This is according to the family which spoke to the NY Post. Grafton Thomas- is “not a violent person,” according to his pastor of 10 years, Reverend Wendy Paige of the Hudson Highlands Cooperative Parish." 

Absolutely, Pastor Paige, the fact that he has a record of assault, and just tried to kill a bunch of people with a machete PROVES that he couldn't POSSIBLY be "a violent person", and the Earth is flat and 2+2=7 and the world is only 6000 years old.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9    5 years ago

It's amazing isn't it?  Suddenly the media has been struck dumb!

CB
Professor Principal
9.2  CB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9    5 years ago

Well, I for one hope he is not released at any point-certainly not soon-back into society. However, as you may or may not know, state law differ on how to process crimes. So we see a lot of "interesting" and unequal results from juries and individual courts. What can we, as people, do? We can't and we should not take the law into our own hands. No matter its shortcomings. All other routes into law are slow and tedious. That's my opinion.

CB
Professor Principal
9.2.1  CB  replied to  CB @9.2    5 years ago

One more thing: A person's house is a sanctuary. What is wrong with these bothersome people who do this kind of thing?!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9    4 years ago

The article did not post his name

Many news outlets abstain from mentioning names to deprive these aholes their 15 minutes of fame.

CB
Professor Principal
11  CB    5 years ago

The New York stabber Grafton Thomas acted quite sanely in his crime activities, in my opinion:

1. It seems he premeditated his crime (looked up the location and went there).
  2. He came in talking coherently and threateningly.
  3. He realized he had been 'bested' and fled from the scene. 
  4. He drove away and obeyed traffic rules of the road.
  5. He did not attack anyone else afterwards.
  6. He did not attack police who surrounded and arrested him.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
11.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  CB @11    5 years ago

When I was young, people didn't bother to lock their doors - it just wasn't necessary.  These days a person has to be a fool if they don't lock their doors.  Society has not progressed, it has regressed. 

CB
Professor Principal
11.1.1  CB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @11.1    5 years ago

Lots of work to be done still. Time marches on and stops for no one. Blah!  And now the time has come for me to wish you from the states a, Happy New Year !

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
11.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  CB @11.1.1    5 years ago

The same to you and your loved ones, CB - a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
11.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @11.1    4 years ago

When I was little a very long time ago, my parents would only lock the doors because I was a sleepwalker even back then and because of one specific incident.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

Truth Bomb: Former Democratic Politician Says Anti-Semitism in NY Comes From the Left

f794b19f-2016-4606-9508-7149d4233a0b.png

Source: Twitter/Screenshot 

Following a spate of antisemitic attacks in Democratic-led New York, Democratic politicians have been busy trying to shift the blame on Donald Trump. 

In an interview with Fox News on Sunday, New York City Mayor Mike de Blasio blamed Donald Trump for creating an "atmosphere of hate" that has somehow fueled antisemitic attacks in New York. 

It was too much for Dov Hikind, a former New York State Assemblyman and founder of Americans Against Antisemitism. Hikind, a Democrat, told Fox News that antisemitism is coming from the left and said that he is tired of both Democratic Governor Andrew Cuomo and Democratic Mayor Mike de Blasio doing absolutely nothing to protect Jews living in New York. 

"When you have the Farrakhans of the world," Hikind began, "when you have members of the United States Congress -- Tlaib, Omar, AOC -- when you have them indulging in hate speech themselves and to get away with it. You know, there's a new standard, one is for antisemitism and one is for other types of hate. Unfortunately, people within my party -- I'm a Democrat -- within the Democratic Party there's a double standard. The hate, the antisemitism that emanates from within the left, you don't hear anything. You hear very little. Anything that comes from the other side, it's all -- I mean, even the mayor of the city of New York, has continued to call the hate, 'coming from the right.' All the hate in New York is coming from the left."

Police have not yet identified a motive in the machete attack on Saturday night that left five people injured at a Hanukkah party in the New York home of an Ultra-Orthodox rabbi. Police arrested Grafton Thomas hours later after finding the suspect covered in blood. Grafton is linked to another stabbing of a man that was beaten and knifed while walking to the Mosdos Meharam Brisk Tashnad religious center in November.

According to an Anti-Defamation League survey conducted in Oct. 2013, only eight percent of whites were found to hold antisemitic views, while 36 percent of hispanics born outside the United States and 14 percent of hispanics born inside the United States harbored such beliefs. The ADL survey also found that a much higher percentage of African Americans, 22 percent, held antisemitic views when compared to whites. 

The ADL summarized in 2013, that "Hispanics, combined with African Americans (12 percent), now comprise 27 percent of the American population, a number that is sure to grow in the coming years. This population increase of the most anti-Semitic cohorts also means that it will be an ongoing challenge to reduce overall anti-Semitic propensities."

Recommended from Townhall.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
12.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12    5 years ago

I have a theory about the more recent considerable increase in antisemitism.  First of all, it's not new to North America.  My parents bought their first house in Hamilton, Ontario, around 80 years ago.  It was located 3 doors away and across the road from Westdale, a community where the land titles were restricted against sale to Jews.  When I started learning to ski, the only ski hill close by that had a ski-lift was a private club that actually displayed the sign "No Jews Allowed".  I never learned to ski that well, but I sure as hell learned how to herringbone climb up snow hills. Of course, things have changed since then.

It was 1947 when the movie "Gentleman's Agreement", starring Gregory Peck, was released.  Has anyone seen it?  It certainly was a true-to-life depiction. There was opposition to its being made and released at the time. 

But my theory as to why it has been growing by leaps and bounds these days is not just that there is a degree of latent antisemitism in many that is now finding a more acceptable manner in which to be released from being covered up, and that is using Zionism and Israel as the targets.  As well, in my humble opinion, the multi-million dollar donations to North American universities by Arab/Muslim countries have a price attached to them, and you can see that the price has been demonstrated by rampant antisemitism among the administration, staff and students - the harrassment and discrimination against Jewish students.  So much harrassment and discrimination that it prompted Trump to cause a requirement to block federal funds to those universities that do not stop it.  Unfortunately, Trudeau, who recently broke Canada's tradition of never voting in the UN for a biased against Israel resolution, actually just did so. So many of America's young leaders will have received their higher education at the universities that do not discourage antisemitism, so now you can figure out for yourselves why America is becoming tolerant of it, just as the Democratic lawmakers have become tolerant, even supportive, of the antisemites among them.

And why the African Americans?  They have short memories about the fact that it was the Jews who supported them during the civil rights movement, even at their peril as made nationally obvious by the murder of Shwerner, Goodman and Chaney, the first two being Jewish and the latter an African-American.  A movie was even made about it - Mississipi Burning.  (Those of you who know of my love of movies, may also know that I reverse the well known adage to be "Life Imitates Art")  I really don't have an explanation why that minority would despise another.  Even the Muslims, those who are not Islamists, have been supportive of the Jews in America, as indicated in a seed I recently posted, and I am aware of much interfaith cooperation between them. So why the African-Americans?  Can anyone explain?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
12.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @12.1    4 years ago

A friend of mine was is MB and told me a great story about it.  All I will say is that it involved him and Gene Hackman.