╌>

‘F**K OFF’: Ricky Gervais Blasts Hollywood For Lecturing World, Politicizing Everything, Trolls Them Over Epstein

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  1stwarrior  •  4 years ago  •  120 comments

‘F**K OFF’: Ricky Gervais Blasts Hollywood For Lecturing World, Politicizing Everything, Trolls Them Over Epstein

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Comedian Ricky Gervais, host of the 2020 Golden Globe Awards, slammed Hollywood elites on Sunday for constantly lecturing the world and for politicizing everything, saying “You know nothing about the real world.”

“Apple roared into the TV game with ‘The Morning Show,’ a superb drama about the importance of dignity and doing the right thing, made by a company that runs sweat shops in China,” Gervais said. “So, well, you say you’re woke, but the companies you work for – I mean, unbelievable, Apple, Amazon, Disney. If ISIS started a streaming service, you would call your agent, wouldn’t you?”

“So if you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech, right?” Gervais continued. “You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg. So, if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent and your god, and f**k off.   No one   cares  about your views on politics or culture.

Later in his speech, the audience groaned over a joke he made about convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, to which he told them, “Shut up. I know he’s your friend, but I don’t care.”

“Tonight isn’t just about the people in front of the camera,” Gervais said. “In this room are some of the most important TV and film executives in the world, people from every background, but they all have one thing in common: they’re all terrified of Ronan Farrow.”

“He’s coming for you. He’s coming for you,” Gervais continued. “Look, talking of all you perverts, it was a big year, it was big year for pedophile movies, Surviving R. Kelly, Leaving Never Land, Two Popes. Shut up, shut up, I don’t care, I don’t care.”

“No one cares about movies anymore, no one goes to the cinema, no one watches network TV,” Gervais continued. “Everyone’s watching Netflix. This show should just be me coming out, going, ‘Well done Netflix, you win everything. Good night.'”

“But no, we drag it out three hours, you could binge watch the entire first season of ‘Afterlife’ instead of watching this show,” Gervias continued. “That’s a show about a man who wants to kill himself because his wife dies of cancer and it’s still more fun than this. Okay, spoiler alert, season two is on the way, so in the end obviously he didn’t kill himself – just like Jeffrey Epstein.”

The crowd initially laughed but groans quickly were heard across the room.

“Shut up, I know he’s your friend, but I don’t care,” Gervais fired back. “You had to make your own way here, your own plane, didn’t you?”

Gervais also took shots at celebrities who were in attendance,   saying , “You all look lovely all dolled up, you came here in your limos. I came here in a limo and the license plate was made by Felicity Huffman. It’s her daughter I feel sorry for. That must be the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to her. And her dad was in ‘Wild Hogs,’ so…”

Gervais added, “Leonardo DiCaprio attended the premiere and, by the end, his date was too old for him. Even Prince Andrew is like, ‘Come on Leo, mate. You’re nearly 50.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1  seeder  1stwarrior    4 years ago

Wow - betcha ol' Robert de Nuto and Cher and that girl from Charmed and many others got their panties in a wad over this.

And, ya know, he's right - “You know nothing about the real world.”  If it ain't in the script - they don't know shyte.

user image
Freshman Silent
1.1    replied to  1stwarrior @1    4 years ago

Awesome article! I love the way he called out the virtue signalling liberal elite companies using sweatshop labor, and still selling over priced garbage. Amazing.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  @1.1    4 years ago

Nyet comrade, nyet.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  1stwarrior @1    4 years ago

Wasn't he great last night?  I like when he told them they have no right to lecture anyone!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    4 years ago

Funny how an Englishman thinks he can tell Americans not to lecture anyone.

Even more funny that NT members hiding behind Avatars and pseudonyms

believe they can lecture everyone all day long as it is their 1st Amendment privilege to do so.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.1    4 years ago
Even more funny that NT members hiding behind Avatars and pseudonyms believe they can lecture everyone all day long as it is their 1st Amendment privilege to do so.

What the hell are you talking about? Please let us know what the hell your comment has to do with this seed? Babbling bullshit..

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.1    4 years ago

You don't hide behind an avatar and a pseudonym?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.1    4 years ago
Funny how an Englishman thinks he can tell Americans not to lecture anyone.

He has as much rights as a Somalian in America.

Even more funny that NT members hiding behind Avatars and pseudonyms

believe they can lecture everyone all day long as it is their 1st Amendment privilege to do so.

Did I hit a nerve?

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.2.5  sixpick  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.4    4 years ago
He has as much rights as a Somalian in America.

th?id=OIP.OUO4bKXnUjvMKs6GNHo4CAHaEK&pid=Api

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    4 years ago

Never watch those "mutual admiration club" shows but did see the clip.   Hilarious and spot on.

That said i've never understood why so many people put so much faith in a group of people who are basically professional liars.   Most of whom are very uneducated in anything else.

charger 383
Professor Silent
2.1  charger 383  replied to  Sparty On @2    4 years ago

Some actors and singers are entertaining, but very few are leaders and many of them think they are more important and smarter than they are. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  sixpick  replied to  charger 383 @2.1    4 years ago

They're probably from one of the 10 most educated states.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  charger 383 @2.1    4 years ago

And don't forget:

“If you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent and your God and f— off.”

They really earned that!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    4 years ago

Lol yeah, the last part was a little unhinged but it made me laugh.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.3    4 years ago

He was great!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Gervais was boring. He must badly need the money if he needs to sleepwalk through gigs like he did last night. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

Lol ... need the money?  

He just effectively blackballed himself from most of his future Hollywood prospects John and he clearly has the balls to not care.

Good man!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @3.1    4 years ago

I dont care one way or the other what actors or actresses think about politics. They are just people like everyone else. 

But Gervais was extremely boring and unfunny. He embarrassed himself. But then again, as you say, he doesnt care. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    4 years ago

Understood, he's not accepted in your echo chamber.

There you go John.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.2  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

Thanks John. I wondered who would be the first leftie to diss him. You did not disappoint. I even guessed you would be first

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  arkpdx @3.2    4 years ago

I do not care what Patricia Arquette or Brad Pitt thinks about politics. I pay no attention to them. 

Gervais was boring and his jokes werent funny.  Sorry to burst your bubble. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  arkpdx @3.2    4 years ago

John's always first in supporting the wrong causes and persons.

I'm surprised he watches this type of show.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4  It Is ME    4 years ago

Comedian Ricky Gervais

I got's this feeling, he was being "Condescending" to the "Regular Folk" out there ! jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  It Is ME @4    4 years ago

I thought he was spot on and irreverent as he should have been. But if you've ever seen any of Ricky's stand up, you'll know that if that room had been chock full of religious conservative Trump supporters he would have ripped into them too and been even more merciless. He is an equal opportunity offender and like he said many times last time, he "just doesn't care" about the whining religious bigots or the supposed Hollywood elite. And there were moments when even he was almost moved by some of those supposedly "Hollywood elites" such as when Tom Hanks accepted a lifetime award and gave a heartfelt, albeit cold medicine induced, speech that showed how not "elite" he was by thanking and remembering everyone, not just the writers and directors as most seem to single out their reverence for.

So while I'm sure many right wing whiners angry with Hollywood for pushing the facts about AGW and women's rights were cheering at those actors getting roasted, it was by no means an acquittal of their own fucking ridiculous moronic beliefs and lies about climate change, gender equality or political positions. Go watch some Ricky Gervais stand up shows and you can see how he feels about your side of the political debate, but don't say you weren't warned. I don't want you crying about how much it hurt to have your thin skinned ripped off.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.1    4 years ago
I thought he was spot on and irreverent as he should have been.

So....you think Hollywood types are out of touch with reality, when they spout political stuff ?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.1    4 years ago
So....you think Hollywood types are out of touch with reality, when they spout political stuff ?

Yes. Is that a surprise? Are those on the right so stupid they believe the "left" is some monolith that must support all the things the right has built their ridiculous straw man on? There are some in Hollywood who do use their celebrity, money and influence to make the world a better place, but they are few and far between. Most use their celebrity and influence to pat themselves on the back while ignoring the plight of real people, throwing platitudes and expecting to be showered in praise while also believing that rules don't apply to themselves, pompous idiots like Felicity Huffman and Harvey Weinstein being perfect examples of the rot and cancer that can infect any body. However, none of that excuses the rot and cancer that infects the right wing as well, with their clown head king pussy grabber being a prime example.

So while I do believe most of the "Hollywood types" are "out of touch with reality", they aren't nearly as out of touch as the sick, disgusting, vile putrid nature of the right wing political machine which has created its own warped reality in an effort to never have to admit they were wrong. That's far more sad than a handful of dumb shit actors trying to lecture humanity on climate change or women's rights.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.1.2    4 years ago
Are those on the right so stupid they believe the "left" is some monolith that must support all the things the right has built their ridiculous straw man on?

Except for this moment:

4.1.;2 - Dismayed Patriot  replied to  It Is ME @ 4.1.1    29 seconds ago

Yes.

You show otherwise, numerous ways. jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Does Robert De Niro drive you crazy with his "Fuck" Trump Rants ?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.1.4  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.1.2    4 years ago

C'mon DP - knock it off and save your vitriol for another topic.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.3    4 years ago
You show otherwise, numerous ways.

And you prove me right with almost every straw man post you make.

Does Robert De Niro drive you crazy with his "Fuck" Trump Rants ?

No. He's an American citizen and welcome to his opinion just as any of us are. Are you angry that he's famous and you're not?

De Niro's rants aren't out of touch "lectures" claiming he is somehow morally superior to the masses. His rants are specifically claiming, and rightly so, how dirty dishonest Donald is morally inferior to the vast majority of Americans. Trumps lies, ill-advised actions and general ineptitude at running this nation prove this every single day.

Just because there are some left wing "Hollywood elites" who are out of touch doesn't mean there aren't many sick and twisted right wing "Hollywood elites" doing the same thing on the other side like Jon Voight, James Woods, Denis Miller and Clint Eastwood.

I've no doubt many on the right beamed with joy over Jon Voight's "Hollywood" support for this dishonest dip shit in the white house, so calling out only actors on the left for simply having political views and voicing them just like right wing actors do is beyond hypocritical.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.6  It Is ME  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.1.5    4 years ago
No.

Soooo....comment 4.1.2 was just "Placating" word salad on your part ?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.6    4 years ago

You asked if it drove me crazy. It does not. Does that change anything I said about Ricky Gervais being "spot on" in his roast of Hollywood? Do you believe Ricky wasn't also skewering the likes of Jon Voight and the conservative "Hollywood elites"?

I find all of Ricky's sudden conservative support here hilariously out of touch themselves for not understanding that he is not on their side either. As he rightly said "opposing left wing extremism doesn't mean you support right wing extremism".

If you actually watched any of his stand up, of which I've seen many, you'd understand he's not standing up for the right by bashing the left. The left deserves to be bashed when it's out of line. As for the right, Gervais is clear, they're even more broken than the left. I believe he gives the left more shit because he thinks they might actually wake up and change but doesn't bother spending much time poking fun at the right wing because they're such easy targets, such low hanging fruit, that's likely never going to change, they're already as rotten and decayed as you can get. He also knew few would be in that room last night. If you're roasting someone, you want them to be sitting in front of you so it's not just a "gang up on the guys who aren't here" night as we've seen in the past from some on the left in Hollywood.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.8  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  1stwarrior @4.1.4    4 years ago
knock it off

So I should stop agreeing with the other folk on these comment boards if my comments don't follow their expectation of someone on the left?

If you can't look at the partisan group around you and be critical of that group where criticisms are warranted, then you're nothing but a sad brain dead partisan shill. It's unfortunate that so many on the right apparently find self reflection and critical introspection an impossible task as most refuse to admit anything they or their dear leaders do could ever be "wrong".

save your vitriol for another topic

Ah, so this is a "vitriol for the left" only zone? No room for pointing out the monumental hypocrisy required for that "zone" to even exist?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.1.9  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.1.8    4 years ago

Wow - such intelligent comebacks.

Your haranguing of the "right wing" is EXTREMELY generalized and inaccurate.

However, none of that excuses the rot and cancer that infects the right wing as well, with their clown head king pussy grabber being a prime example.

they aren't nearly as out of touch as the sick, disgusting, vile putrid nature of the right wing political machine which has created its own warped reality in an effort to never have to admit they were wrong.

Guess you're a Dem/Lib?  Don't know nor don't care.  But, none of those words have anything to do with the subject of the thread.

Stick to the topic and keep your EXTREME dislike of political bodies out of it.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.10  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.1    4 years ago
you think Hollywood types are out of touch with reality, when they spout political stuff ?

Their sole purpose is to entertain us.  They should stick to that.  Especially since many of them can barely do that.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    4 years ago

I thought Ricky's opening bit was great. It's not surprising that the audience in the room didn't like it because - as he warned them - the jokes were all at their expense. However, in living rooms across America, I have a feeling that a lot of people were thinking that it was about time someone put those self-important prima donnas in their place.

user image
Freshman Silent
5.1    replied to  Tacos! @5    4 years ago

I'm not going to lie, I just listened to his segment just a bit ago, and it really reminded me of Trump's speech at the Al Smith dinner before the 2016 elections. Basically taking shots at most of the people in the room lol. And they of course also deserved it. I love that more influential people are feeling embolden to drop the PC and say they things they feel really need to be said. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOUFsCS7xYE

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6  Perrie Halpern R.A.    4 years ago

I think he does what he does, which is being irreverent and I thought he was funny. I miss the days of Don Rickels and George Carlin. Well, at least there is Dave Chappel...He lets everyone have it. 

To hear the morning show pundits you would have thought Ricky tore apart heart of America with his jokes. All the moaning and groaning about how he was so negative when we should be trying to lift the nation with these actors... blech. They are just people like anyone else who make a ton of money doing something they love. That should be enough. They don't need to be treated with kid gloves.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6    4 years ago

It is funny, if not amazing, to see people bitch and moan about "actors" who want to pontificate about politics , when many of these same people bitching and moaning about it are Trump supporters. At least Robert DeNiro or Meryl Streep are brilliant actors. Donald Trump was a fricking tv game show host. 

Trump would go on talk shows for years blowharding about politics, on Howard Stern, or Alex Jones, or David Letterman, and the Today show, as when he used his celebrity status to promote the ridiculous racist birther theory in 2011. 

Yet somehow Trump is "real" to the Trumpsters, and Julia Roberts or George Clooney are not. 

Real to who? 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kathleen @6.1.1    4 years ago

The award shows have become to ostentatious for my taste.  Goodie bags that could feed a small country for what they cost and local businesses having to loose income because the streets near the presentation sites are closed off, often for days prior to the "big night" are but two reasons.  Sure, I like to hear who won what but I can find out either on line or the recaps on my morning news.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1.2    4 years ago

Never watch these award shows, never will.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.2  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6    4 years ago

I agree

This whole, you gotta love and agree with someone on everything to like them, thing is WAY out of control.

Case in point, I think Alec Baldwin for example is a real POS as a human being but I respect his work immensely.    He is one of the best comedic acts ever IMO.    I really like his work but not the man

Neither or us would want to have drinks and play 18 together but that’s okay.    Life goes on .....

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    4 years ago
Gervais continued. “You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg.

He's not wrong.

High School Dropouts: Robert DeNiro, Russell Crowe, Jennifer Lawrence, Hillary Swank, Keanu Reeves, Christina Applegate, Kate Winslet, Seth Rogan, Whoopi Goldberg, Ryan Gosling, Quentin Tarantino, Daniel Radcliffe, Jude Law, Jessica Chastain, Jim Carrey, John Travolta, Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Patrick Dempsey, Al Pacino, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Wahlberg, Kate Moss, Robert Downey Jr., Nicole Kidman, Jay-Z, Catherine Zeta Jones, Rihanna, Johnny Depp, Tom Cruise, Damon Wayans, and I'm sure there are plenty more.

And for the ones who did graduate from high school and maybe went on to college? What did they major in? Acting?

These people presume to lecture the rest of us on issues of politics, science, medicine, economics, environment, philosophy, sociology, psychology, morality and so on. Please!

And then they all got in their limos, escalades, and private jets and had their chauffeur/pilot take them to one of their multiple homes in a huff.

charger 383
Professor Silent
7.1  charger 383  replied to  Tacos! @7    4 years ago

Actors are way overpaid,  they act like they are better than the people who go to their movies

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
7.1.1  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  charger 383 @7.1    4 years ago

They also forget who pays their overrated salaries.

Meryl Streep is getting $825,000 an episode for 'The Nix' as competition from Netflix and Amazon has overheated the market for A-list stars and creators willing to forgo traditional backends.  Robert De Niro is getting $750,000 for each of 20 episodes of an upcoming Amazon series produced by filmmaker David O. Russell. Kiefer Sutherland is said to be getting around $300,000 per episode to star in ABC's fall hit Designated Survivor, the highest pay ever for an actor on a first-year broadcast network series. Russell Crowe's per-episode budget for the Amazon show is said to be $7 million, including an outsized fee for him to make his first TV series. Daniel Craig is expected to make $25 million for his return to the role of James Bond in the upcoming "Bond 25" film, Variety reports.

Yeah - tough times in dollywood, eh?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @7.1.1    4 years ago
Meryl Streep is getting $825,000 an episode for

The actors in the television series Friends got a million dollars each per episode , and that was 20 years ago, 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.2    4 years ago

For the last two seasons nine and ten. Here is the interesting history.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  1stwarrior @7.1.1    4 years ago

Dollywood is in TN.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  1stwarrior @7.1.1    4 years ago

Most people do sports because they're fun and good exercise, but they don't earn unconscionable salaries for doing the exact same thing as MLB, NBA and NFL players.  Talk about income inequality!!!  I wonder if some of the Dem candidates would apply heavy taxes on those multi-millionaires.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
7.1.6  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.1.4    4 years ago

I know - been there numerous times - slip of the finger when typing.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.1.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  1stwarrior @7.1.6    4 years ago

I would love to visit there one day.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @7    4 years ago

All those actors you named are doing way better than you and are very well off.

Jealous?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @7.2    4 years ago
All those actors you named are doing way better than you and are very well off.

How would you know if they're doing better than I am? And even if they were, what does that have to do with education?

Drug dealers make lots of money, but I don't look to them for guidance either. 

Jealous? 

Why would I be?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
7.2.2  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Tessylo @7.2    4 years ago

Enough Tess.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  1stwarrior @7.2.2    4 years ago

Enough what?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @7.2.1    4 years ago

[Deleted   It's quite obvious

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
7.2.5  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.3    4 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.6  Tessylo  replied to  1stwarrior @7.2.5    4 years ago

[deleted]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.2.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  1stwarrior @7.2.5    4 years ago

[deleted]

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
7.2.8  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.6    4 years ago

Show me the expiration.  I'll also check with Perrie.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
7.2.9  KDMichigan  replied to  1stwarrior @7.2.8    4 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.10  Tessylo  replied to  1stwarrior @7.2.8    4 years ago

No need to show you the expiration.  It expired.  How hard is that to understand?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.11  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.2.7    4 years ago

This seed is not about me y'all.  

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
7.2.12  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.10    4 years ago

If a member is violating the CoC with the apparent intent of disrupting or being arbitrarily argumentative, the author has the right to politely warn the member that they are violating the CoC and to stop or leave the article.

I have asked in the past and will now ask again - please stay off my threads/seeds/articles.  You contribute nothing to any of the discussion except for discord.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.13  Tessylo  replied to  1stwarrior @7.2.12    4 years ago

I will not.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7.2.14  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.13    4 years ago

This is to 1st and Tessy. Tessy has the right to be on the article, but she has to make worthwhile commentary. I will be following. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @7    4 years ago

What did they major in? Acting?

Mayim Bialik: Neuroscience

Natalie Portman: Psychology

Eva Longoria: Kinesiology
Chris Martin: Greek and Latin
Will Ferrell: Sports Information
Lisa Kudrow: Biology
David Duchovny: English Literature
James Franco: Creative Writing
Ashton Kutcher: Biochemical Engineering
Rowan Atkinson: Electrical Engineering
Freddie Highmore: Spanish and Arabic
Arnold Schwarzenegger: Economics
Gerard Butler: Law
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson: Criminology
Brooke Shields: French Literature
David Spade: Business
"Weird Al" Yankovic: Architecture
Danica McKellar: Mathematics

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.3    4 years ago

My list is longer. Almost twice as long. Like I said, Ricky wasn't wrong.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.3.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @7.3.1    4 years ago

I found more but the list was just too long to list all of them.  I just wanted to point out that not all actors major and have degrees in acting although I am sure a lot of them took drama courses in college.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.3.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.3.2    4 years ago

Gregory Peck gave up studying Medicine and took up acting, and I'm glad he did, and I'm sure so are a lot of other people.  But then he was known as "The Conscience of Hollywood", who wanted to play roles concerning social issues like antisemitism and civil rights.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.3.4  Sparty On  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.3    4 years ago

I've always thought a college degree can be overrated.    After all its just a piece of paper until you put what you learned to effective use.   If i had a nickel for every college educated person i've known who ISN'T working in their field of study i'd be a rich man.

That said, Hollywood and the left can't have it both ways.   They tend to try and project how much "smarter" they are than folks on the opposite side of the political spectrum.   That, simply isn't true.

Kavika
Professor Principal
9  Kavika     4 years ago

The guy is a Brit, who in the hell pays any attention to the Brits.  He has an unlimited target base in jolly olde England with Bee Bop Boris the Bouncing Betty Brexit Boondoggle.

Nice hair. Back into a light socket did ya?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Kavika @9    4 years ago

"Phew! Just when Britain was starting to become a laughing stock around the world, Boris Johnson is appointed foreign secretary." - Ricky Gervais July, 13, 2016

"I'm beginning to think 2016 is a spoof." - Ricky Gervais tweet July 13, 2016

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

I never heard of this guy.  How is he as a comedian?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.1  Tacos!  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10    4 years ago
I never heard of this guy.  How is he as a comedian?

Have you ever heard of the TV show "The Office?" He created, wrote, and starred in that. It was so successful, they did different versions of it for six other countries, including the U.S.

He has won seven BAFTA Awards , five British Comedy Awards , two Emmy Awards , three Golden Globe Awards and the Rose d'Or twice (2006 and 2019), as well as a Screen Actors Guild Award nomination. In 2007, he was placed at No. 11 on Channel 4 's 100 Greatest Stand-Ups [6] and at No. 3 on the updated 2010 list. [7] In 2010, he was named on the Time 100 list of the world's most influential people.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @10.1    4 years ago

I have heard of The Office but have never seen it.  It would appear that he has been quite successful in his chosen profession.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11  Texan1211    4 years ago

Well, I guess Gervais is one comedian the left will no longer be getting their news from.

But THIS was funny as hell!

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
12  The Magic 8 Ball    4 years ago

gervais was the only person worth watching... hilarious.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
13  seeder  1stwarrior    4 years ago

Closing it down - too many "different" topics being talked.