╌>

Don Jr posted photos of himself brandishing a modified assault rifle with CRUSADER etched on it - Crusader imagery on weapons & propaganda has been used by Far-Right terrorists since Brevik

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  66 comments

Don Jr posted photos of himself brandishing a modified assault rifle with CRUSADER etched on it -  Crusader imagery on weapons & propaganda has been used by Far-Right terrorists since Brevik

N1_HHtO-_normal.jpg

Akil N Awan

@Akil_N_Awan

Don Jr posted photos of himself brandishing a modified assault rifle with CRUSADER etched on it, lower receiver modeled after a medieval Crusader helmet & mag printed with Hillary's face.

Crusader imagery on weapons & propaganda has been used by Far-Right terrorists since Brevik

ENmMpkrUYAIfaDl?format=jpg&name=small ENmMqbtUwAYLCnZ?format=jpg&name=small

ENmMrHXUcAArS25?format=jpg&name=small

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago
Look at this genitalia-challenged posturing from the First Son, the one Republicans see as a possible candidate in 2024. We know Don Jr. is actually a wimp. I mean, you didn't think he was going to   enlist , did you?

After all, he comes from a long line of The Exalted Order Of Bone Spurs. That's why he only shoots creatures that can't shoot back.

And that's why he goes on social media to show off his new weapon, the one with the Jerusalem Cross of the Crusaders used by white supremacists, also with an ammo clip painting of Hillary Clinton behind bars. (Or, as one person put it, a painting of HRC visiting Don Jr. in jail.)

start video at 2:25

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Jr figures if he can't fuck the sheep, he will just shoot it.

user image
Freshman Silent
2      4 years ago

That's so awesome! I have got to get one of those clips for my AR! That crusaders helmet on the lower is badass as well. The Trump's have always had good style...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  @2    4 years ago
That's so awesome! I have got to get one of those clips for my AR! That crusaders helmet on the upper is badass as well.

Not a surprise on your part. 

The crusader imagery on the gun is a dog whistle to Trump's white nationalist supporters.

user image
Freshman Silent
2.1.1    replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    4 years ago

Or someone who just likes European history......

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  @2.1.1    4 years ago

lol. I'm sure Don Jr is up to his elbows in European history.

jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    4 years ago

Whitaker recently discussed white supremacists’ use of medieval icons at a symposium called “The Crusades, the Middle Ages, and the Alt Right.” The symposium was organized by Matthew Gabriele, a professor of medieval and early modern studies at Virginia Tech, who says historians need to address hate groups’ use of medieval iconography. Often, this imagery comes from   the Crusades .

He saw it in footage of the Charlottesville rally, he says: “The imagery that these white nationalist, white supremacist groups were using was really in a lot of cases very noticeably medieval.” Some of them carried “crusader shields with a red cross on it that said ‘deus vult’”—a Latin rallying cry meaning “God wills,” used by some Christian knights in the first Crusade. The red crosses evoke those worn by the   Knights Templar , a Roman Catholic order that has   long been fodder for myth , legend and conspiracy theories.

Hate groups’ attempts to link modern Islamophobia to the Crusades plays off of “a much older, 19th-century style of scholarship which portrayed the Crusades in a very specific way,” Gabriele says. This older scholarship framed the Crusades as a “Christian defensive war against an aggressive, expansionistic Islam.” Hate groups use this narrative of the Crusades to say, as Gabriele puts it, “‘Look what happened then; it’s happening again now.’”

user image
Freshman Silent
2.1.4    replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    4 years ago

So anything in history that has anything to do with white people defending their countries, cultures and religion is now related to white supremacy? I supposed anybody who enjoys the movie 300 is probably a racist too. Check out this parody. Just seems fitting to put here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7I92r9GqUw

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.5  author  JohnRussell  replied to  @2.1.4    4 years ago

I thought the Spartans had honor. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  @2.1.1    4 years ago

We know what the deal is with you jung, we got your number.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.7  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.6    4 years ago
We know what the deal is with you jung, we got your number.  

I just noticed that his avatar is a crusader. Oops, we hit a nerve. 

user image
Freshman Silent
2.1.8    replied to  Tessylo @2.1.6    4 years ago

You will only ever have my number in your dreams Tessy.

user image
Freshman Silent
2.1.9    replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.7    4 years ago

Why do you have such a problem with Crusaders? Would you rather have grown up in a Muslim society?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.11  author  JohnRussell  replied to  @2.1.9    4 years ago

I dont have a problem with Crusaders. Their era was very much based on religious fervor and obedience to religious authority. The men of the day had a duty to join the Crusades. 

Today, crusader imagery is seen , in some instances, as a support for white nationalism, white supremacy and Islamophobia . 

Why would Trump Jr put a Crusader cross and the design of a crusader helmet on his gun? 

I kind of doubt that he personally gives a shit, but he does know that doing so will be a signal to his fathers followers who are "crusader" white nationalists and Islamophobes. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1.13  katrix  replied to  @2.1.9    4 years ago
Why do you have such a problem with Crusaders? Would you rather have grown up in a Muslim society?

You apparently don't realize that in the end, the Muslims won and kicked out the European invaders.

And why DON'T you have a problem with all the women, children, Jews, and other non-Christians slaughtered by the Crusaders?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.14  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.11    4 years ago

John - FYI - this is what a Crusader looks like.

BTW - this was my squadron in Vietnam - and it ain't Trumps'.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.15  1stwarrior  replied to  katrix @2.1.13    4 years ago

And, WHY DON'T YOU have a problem with all the women, children, old men, young men and others that the Muslims have killed since then?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1.16  katrix  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.15    4 years ago

I do have a problem with that. That doesn't mean I have to be ignorant about the Crusades, though. The Crusades did not "keep me from growing up in a Muslim society." It was another example of Christian atrocities, a reminder of why we must never let religion take hold of our government.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  @2.1.8    4 years ago

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.18  1stwarrior  replied to  katrix @2.1.16    4 years ago

So, what does that have to do with the thread?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1.19  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  @2.1.1    4 years ago
Or someone who just likes European history......

“The understanding of medieval Europe as a homogeneously white space is completely erroneous, as scholar after scholar has shown time and time again,” says Cord J. Whitaker, a medieval literature professor at Wellesley College who is writing a book called Black Metaphors: Race, Rhetoric, Religion, and the Literature of the Late Middle Ages"

"Whitaker recently discussed white supremacists’ use of medieval icons at a symposium called “The Crusades, the Middle Ages, and the Alt Right.” The symposium was organized by Matthew Gabriele, a professor of medieval and early modern studies at Virginia Tech, who says historians need to address hate groups’ use of medieval iconography. Often, this imagery comes from the Crusades."

"White supremacists explicitly celebrate Europe in the Middle Ages because they imagine that it was a pure, white, Christian place organized wholesomely around military resistance to outside, non-white, non-Christian, forces. Marchers in Charlottesville held symbols of the medieval Holy Roman Empire and of the Knights Templar . The Portland murderer praised "Vinland," a medieval Viking name for North America , in order to assert historical white ownership over the landmass: Vinlander racists like to claim that whites are "indigenous" here on the basis of medieval Scandinavian lore. Similarly, European anti-Islamic bigots dress up in medieval costumes and share the " crying Templar " meme. Someone sprayed "saracen go home" and "deus vult"—a Latin phrase meaning "God wills it" and associated with the history of the Crusades—on a Scottish mosque . The paramilitary "Knights Templar International" is preparing for a  race war ."

It's rather hilarious that these worthless little fuck wads of white supremacy and white nationalism try and appropriate the Knights Templar and the Crusades but they know virtually nothing about the real history, they focus on what they want to hear just like the sniveling bigots who came before them wearing "Gott Mit Uns" on their belts as they stuffed helpless minorities into the ovens of Auschwitz. Don Jr. is just another worthless white supremacist piece of shit trying to fake a spine by showing images of weapons as if he wouldn't be claiming bone spurs just like his weakling father did when actually required to fight.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.20  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    4 years ago
The crusader imagery on the gun is a dog whistle to Trump's white nationalist supporters.

Says who?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.21  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    4 years ago

I'm starting to think a cheese sandwich could be called a "dog whistle."

PJ
Masters Quiet
2.1.22  PJ  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.21    4 years ago

Or a taco......

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
2.1.23  Dean Moriarty  replied to  PJ @2.1.22    4 years ago

Let’s not forget White Nationalists hate the taco bowl. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.24  Tacos!  replied to  PJ @2.1.22    4 years ago
Or a taco......

I prefer to think of myself as a chick magnet.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.25  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    4 years ago

You watch, every Trump ammosexual will now copy the design.  Pathetic to say the least, that they would take the lead of the son of a draft dodging moron.

PJ
Masters Quiet
2.1.26  PJ  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.24    4 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.20    4 years ago
Says who?

Idiots and imbeciles.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.28  Tacos!  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.27    4 years ago

We can't have nice things anymore because . . . dog whistles!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Trump Jr has retweeted conspiracies and white nationalists on his twitter many times. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.2  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    4 years ago

Sounds like Don, Jr. has a little dick and no balls, just like daddy dearest.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @4    4 years ago

Why does it seem like you are way familiar with Trump genitalia?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @4.3    4 years ago

That would be Putin and all of this 'president's' supporters who are also the limp dicked cowardly bullies, like this 'president'

and Ivanka, who would be more familiar with tRump's lack of balls and little dick.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @4.3.1    4 years ago

Wow, you sound like you have personal knowledge of all the things you allege.

How'd you come by this vast depository of information?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5  It Is ME    4 years ago

NICE ! 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    4 years ago
Crusader imagery

I know I'm going to get yelled at for this but . . . so what?

The magazine, on the other hand, got me smh. But whatever, I guess that's politics now. People will do what they do. Hey, it's not my gun.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
7  lady in black    4 years ago

82335129_1034185736968482_1816233822849597440_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQnWa4URQfUDI3cB_wo4M-_3x_0ox81Cr5UnROn6aCGLMFBKWSKmaWhh1SHLikU6ZPk&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=93877fc8acbaeba0f9f56da873abe598&oe=5EA4AFCF

82056748_2514374872024328_598772836823203840_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQmaY0LMs6AFUkUHvvr6xmOJAwwCduK6Y-XACm9nG8gKbZ2BFtqGrM_GRzbMRWZkgwA&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=bf6658b551f5f1d8b5c15e9d4faa7d39&oe=5E94400F

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1  bugsy  replied to  lady in black @7    4 years ago

When are Obama's daughters going to enlist. They are both of age...Malia 21 and Sasha 18.....

Or do you wish only Republican kids to protect and die for you?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  lady in black  replied to  bugsy @7.1    4 years ago

My son a democrat died for this country, so don't even go there.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
7.1.2  KDMichigan  replied to  bugsy @7.1    4 years ago
When are Obama's daughters going to enlist. They are both of age...Malia 21 and Sasha 18.....

They are to busy shaking their ass idolizing Beyoncé. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1.3  bugsy  replied to  lady in black @7.1.1    4 years ago

a democrat died for this country, so don't even go there.

I am truly sorry to hear that, but don't put up memes of people you don't like and not expect to get blow back.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  lady in black @7.1.1    4 years ago

My condolences and I appreciate his service.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2  Texan1211  replied to  lady in black @7    4 years ago

So you expect the President's son to volunteer to serve at the front that only exists in left-wing demented minds?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
8  Jeremy Retired in NC    4 years ago

WAIT!!!  Where is the assault rifle?