╌>

Two children, ages 12 and 13, shot by driver after throwing snowballs at cars

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  freefaller  •  4 years ago  •  29 comments

Two children, ages 12 and 13, shot by driver after throwing snowballs at cars

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Two children, ages 12 and 13, were shot after throwing snowballs at passing cars in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, police said.

The pair was hurling snowballs at passing cars with a group of children on Saturday evening, Milwaukee police said in a series of tweets .

One of the snowballs struck a white Toyota, and the driver of the car shot at the children, police said.

Police found the 12-year-old girl and the 13-year-old boy minutes apart. Both of their injuries were non-life-threatening.

Both children are being treated at a local hospital, police said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
1  seeder  Freefaller    4 years ago

Well that seems to be an appropriate and reasonable response to your car being hit by snowballs.

Hope they catch the driver as he/she doesn't seem to be playing with a full deck

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     4 years ago

The damn lunatics are running the asylum. 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
2.1  seeder  Freefaller  replied to  Kavika @2    4 years ago

Lol

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3  igknorantzrulz    4 years ago

one of my delinquent guilty pleasures as an adolescent youth.

Been beaten, snow rubbed in face, smacked around etc by a few disgruntled motorists, till my buddy's came back and we showed them the same.

ah, the stupid ship you do as a kid...

now in this case, from what ive read so far, WAY over the top response !

kids will be kids

as an adult, i've chased a few, but it was all in fun, as that is what we wanted, the chase

we'd even hit the local cops, but they were usually too lazy to give any chase, maybe, we should have thrown donuts...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1  Split Personality  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3    4 years ago
One of my delinquent guilty pleasures as an adolescent youth.

Let's just say it was 2nd & Olney.  And we used a mannequin in the intersection to lure the unwary into range, lol

including Philly's finest...

After a few times over a couple of years.  They brought four squad cars.  Nothing happened at first, then they confiscated the mannequin.

Good times.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Split Personality @3.1    4 years ago

The best one was doing it in the summer. 

So one year someone who worked at the country club put all of the left over chipped ice in a cooler instead of

letting it melt away after a wedding.

Man were people surprised to see snow balls in June!

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
3.1.2  al Jizzerror  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.1    4 years ago
So one year someone who worked at the country club put all of the left over chipped ice 

Ice balls are deadly weapons.

Snow balls are soft.

Snowballs at Giants Stadium, and Then Arrests

• Jan. 25, 2014

The elaborate plans for snow removal before or during Super Bowl XLVIII at MetLife Stadium, if necessary, stem from a dangerous and embarrassing scene at Giants Stadium on Dec. 23, 1995, during the Giants’ 27-17 loss to the San Diego Chargers.

On Wednesday that week, about 12 inches of snow fell. By game time Saturday, the bulk of it had been removed from the aisles and the 75,000 seats, but much remained under the seats. Some of that snow had frozen. And with the Giants about to complete a 5-11 season, several of the 50,243 spectators began to throw snowballs, if not iceballs, onto the field. Soon, hundreds were throwing them.

One of the iceballs struck the Chargers’ equipment manager, 60-year-old Sid Brooks, near his left eye. Knocked unconscious, he regained consciousness in the locker room.

When the snowball throwing continued, the referee Ron Blum threatened to declare a forfeit. He did not, but Wellington Mara, a Giants owner, said later that Blum “would have been justified” to rule a forfeit. The Giants later took a full-page ad in a San Diego newspaper apologizing for the “snowball game.”

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3.2  seeder  Freefaller  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3    4 years ago

I remember one guy stopped his car, got out and started throwing snowballs back, more people joined in and it turned into the biggest snowball fight I've ever been in.  That was a really good day.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.3  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3    4 years ago

Common ground and a normal pursuit in my youth as well.

My best shot ever was hitting a cop car, cop actually gave chase and i knocked the flashlight out of his hand with the next snowball.

In retrospect not a very smart thing to do but hey .... we were kids

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    4 years ago

That's pretty insane.

user image
Freshman Silent
5      4 years ago

Bet they won't throw snowballs at people's private property anymore. Apparently their parents haven't taught them that, or likely even have a clue where they are or what they are doing.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
5.1  seeder  Freefaller  replied to  @5    4 years ago
Bet they won't throw snowballs at people's private property anymore

Actually there's no indication either of them threw the snowball that hit the car

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
5.2  al Jizzerror  replied to  @5    4 years ago
Bet they won't throw snowballs at people's private property anymore.

So you're actually defending that insanity

That figures.

user image
Freshman Silent
5.2.1    replied to  al Jizzerror @5.2    4 years ago

I'm not saying it's the approach I would take, but some kids do need to learn the hard way. Ultimately nothing happened to them and like I said, they will probably never do that again.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  al Jizzerror @5.2    4 years ago

'So you're actually defending that insanity

That figures'

Of course he is.  

He always does.  

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
5.2.3  al Jizzerror  replied to  @5.2.1    4 years ago
Ultimately nothing happened to them and like I said, they will probably never do that again.

Did you bother to even read the fucking headline?

This was the conclusion of the seed:

Both children are being treated at a local hospital, police said.

A 12 yr. old girl and a 13 yr. boy were SHOT!

Once again you are trying to defend the indefensible.

user image
Freshman Silent
5.2.4    replied to  al Jizzerror @5.2.3    4 years ago

When did i defend him? I never said what he did was right in fact i said i woukd never do it. The kids are not innocent however. They asked for trouble and they got it. Dont poke the bee hive if you dont want to be stung. And yes i read the article. Their injuries were non life threatening. In other words it was no big deal and they probably learned a valuable life lesson. They will probably thank the guy down the road and laugh about it

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
5.2.5  al Jizzerror  replied to  @5.2.4    4 years ago
In other words it was no big deal and they probably learned a valuable life lesson. They will probably thank the guy down the road and laugh about it

Yeah, “it was no big deal" to you.

Would you say that if someone shot your kids?

I think you've been blinded by the right.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  al Jizzerror @5.2.5    4 years ago
In other words it was no big deal and they probably learned a valuable life lesson. They will probably thank the guy down the road and laugh about it

it''s now commonplace to thank people that shoot you as a young adolescent, haven't you heard...?

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
6  al Jizzerror    4 years ago

I attended a wedding in DC.  There was a blizzard.

We were staying at a motel in College Park, Md.

The next morning we decided to get some antifreeze (liquor).

We were behind a pickup truck.  We notice two guys hiding in the truck bed.

As we approach the main intersection in college park, we notice a car up ahead getting pelted with snowballs by college students on both sides of the street.  Then pickup pulled into the middle of the intersection and stopped as it was being pelted.

That's when the guys in the back of the truck stood up and returned fire (They had a shitload of snowballs in the back of the truck).  They had the high ground and they may have been college ball players because they were throwing fastballs.  When they ran out of "ammo" the truck sped off.

We went through the intersection and not a single snowball hit my car because the kids at the intersection were also out of snowballs.

After I bought the booze I went back through the intersection to give the kids another try.  My car got hit by at least fifty snowballs butt it was completely undamaged.

Why the fuck would anyone shoot at kids (in this case a 12 yr. old girl and a 13 yr. old boy) for throwing a snowball at your pickup?   

user image
Freshman Silent
6.1    replied to  al Jizzerror @6    4 years ago

Reminds me of the episode of the Office where Dwight ambushes Jim by exploding out of a snowman and pelting him mercilessly when he can't run away. Funniest episode I have seen so far.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
6.2  seeder  Freefaller  replied to  al Jizzerror @6    4 years ago

That's awesome