╌>

Greta Thunberg responds to Meat Loaf comment that she's been 'brainwashed'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  4 years ago  •  152 comments

By:   Gwen Aviles

Greta Thunberg responds to Meat Loaf comment that she's been 'brainwashed'
"It’s not about what some people call me. It’s not about left or right," the young Swedish environmental activist tweeted. "It’s all about scientific facts."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Greta Thunberg   responded to singer Meat Loaf's assertion that she has been "brainwashed" on climate change by stating that the issue of environmental injustice extends well beyond him.

The "Bat Out of Hell" singer told the Daily Mail in a Jan. 1 interview that he does not believe in climate change, but rather, that he believes Thunberg, 17, has been "brainwashed."

"She has been brainwashed into thinking that there is climate change and there isn't," he said. "She hasn't done anything wrong but she's been forced into thinking that what she is saying is true."

Thunberg, who was named Time magazine's Person of the Year for 2019, responded to the musician on Twitter on Monday, writing that the focus shouldn't be placed on Meat Loaf or on herself.

"It’s not about what some people call me. It’s not about left or right," she tweeted. "It’s all about scientific facts. And that we’re not aware of the situation. Unless we start to focus everything on this, our targets will soon be out of reach."

Thunberg has become one of the world's most notable climate change activists. She used to protest alone outside the Swedish Parliament during school hours Fridays, but now is joined by thousands globally in a collective movement to fight climate change.

Despite her many supporters, Thunberg has been the recipient of criticism from high-profile figures and has even contemplated deleting her social media because of the onslaught of negative comments.

After Thunberg was named Time's Person of the Year,   President Donald Trump mocked the activist on Twitter.

"So ridiculous. Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend!" Trump wrote. "Chill Greta, Chill!"

In response, Thunberg updated her Twitter bio to read: "A teenager working on her anger management problem. Currently chilling and watching a good old fashioned movie with a friend."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1  Tacos!    4 years ago

OK, I sure did not expect that friggin' Meatloaf would be going after little Greta, or talking about climate change, period. What a weird story!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tacos! @1    2 years ago
What a weird story!

Let me second that. Meatloaf?  Greta Thunberg?  

Do people really follow them?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2  sandy-2021492    4 years ago

Meatloaf has been very defensive on his Facebook page.  Kinda fun to watch.  Maybe he should take Ricky Gervais' advice and stay in his lane.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
2.2  Dean Moriarty  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2    4 years ago

The lines and lanes on the roadway of life can get blurred when you’re seeing paradise by the dashboard light.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  Dean Moriarty @2.2    4 years ago

Maybe he should sleep on it .....

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.2.2  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @2.2.1    4 years ago

LMAO!!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  Tessylo    4 years ago

So Meatloaf, the has been, is now bullying this young lady.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3    4 years ago

Every little criticism isn't bullying.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    4 years ago

Neither is mentioning Barron Trump in a criticism of Donald Trump, but I recall a lot of folks losing their minds over that.

All those folks who were cheering for Ricky Gervais and taking his words to mean that celebs (liberal celebs, in particular) should shut up about politics ought to be telling Meatloaf to can it, too.

The "kids are off limits" and "celebs should shut up about politics" rules have some significant exceptions, it seems.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Sunshine  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.1.1    4 years ago
The "kids are off limits"

Except kids wearing MAGA hats, just ask the media and NT members.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.1.1    4 years ago
Neither is mentioning Barron Trump in a criticism of Donald Trump, but I recall a lot of folks losing their minds over that.

Barron didn't stick himself into the adult world by pushing what his dad (Thunberg is guided by her mother's book and ideology FFS) believes. If she's going to preach like an adult, she is subject to the same scrutiny as said adults.

Tough noogies.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.1.4  sandy-2021492  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.3    4 years ago

And Barron also wasn't bullied.  Thunberg has been  Why are you rationalizing bullying a child?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.1.4    4 years ago
And Barron also wasn't bullied. 

Because he didn't inject himself into something he had no expertise in and stays a child and is in school. She's indoctrinated and used for an agenda. Like the left used those poor children at the border. Be proud.........................

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.1.6  sandy-2021492  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.5    4 years ago

So the outrage over Barron being mentioned was manufactured?

I agree.

The left objects to children being left to die in pools of their own blood.  Why doesn't the right?  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.1.6    4 years ago
The left objects to children being left to die in pools of their own blood.  Why doesn't the right?

WTF????

jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif   jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

They sure seem to have been used as a shiny object and subsequently been forgotten................dying in their own blood my ass. I'm not from Missouri but show me anyway if you would be so kind.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.1.8  KDMichigan  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.1.4    4 years ago

Bullshit. For someone who is not putting himself out there to be scrutinized the left sure has a hard time keeping him out of their mouths. You can catch the left going on about Barron right here on good old NT and you know it.

Criticism of Greta is not bullying. If she can't handle the criticism then maybe she needs to have her parents quite using her?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.7    4 years ago

'I'm not from Missouri but show me anyway if you would be so kind.'

Why would she bother when you'll just dismiss the source or shoot the messenger?

Plus how could she refuse with oh so your kind request?

Snort.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.9    4 years ago

I'm sorry I wasn't addressing you. [(Deleted-Rude)]

"Snort"

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.10    4 years ago

You don't seem to understand how a 'public forum' works.

I'm not going anywhere.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.12  JohnRussell  replied to  KDMichigan @3.1.8    4 years ago
Bullshit. For someone who is not putting himself out there to be scrutinized the left sure has a hard time keeping him out of their mouths.

The woman didnt "bully" or insult Baron Trump at all.  Her mistake was in thinking that all of her listeners understood English sufficiently. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.12    4 years ago
'Her mistake was in thinking that all of her listeners understood English sufficiently'

And had an IQ above double digits.  

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.1.15  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.12    4 years ago

WTF you talking about JR, What woman? I am not talking about a isolated incident...

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.1.16  KDMichigan  replied to    4 years ago

Guilty conscience?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.1.18  sandy-2021492  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.7    4 years ago

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.1.19  sandy-2021492  replied to    4 years ago

Why wouldn't you?

He exists.  Is he to be ignored?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.1.1    4 years ago

If you have a problem with what others said, I suggest you take it up with them.

All those folks who were cheering for Ricky Gervais and taking his words to mean that celebs (liberal celebs, in particular) should shut up about politics ought to be telling Meatloaf to can it, too.

I am deeply sorry Ricky Gervais has hurt your feelings.

The "kids are off limits" and "celebs should shut up about politics" rules have some significant exceptions, it seems.

Once again, if you have a problem with something others have said, address your issues with them, please.

I didn't say any of that, so your whole post to me is rather ridiculous--a massive reflection from what I stated.

Now, if you choose to respond to what I actually wrote, get back to me, mmkay?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.1.21  sandy-2021492  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.20    4 years ago

Ricky didn't hurt my feelings.

Greta is being bullied.

Many of the same folks who insist Greta isn't being bullied threw a fit over imaginary bullying of Barron.  Sorry that some of those who participated demonstrated that particular inconsistency on your thread.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.22  Texan1211  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.1.21    4 years ago
Greta is being bullied.

Sorry, Meatloaf didn't bully her. Every criticism of someone doesn't mean the person doing it is a racist, or a bully, or a misogynist or even wrong for doing it.

If THAT'S bullying, then she really needs to toughen up a little.

Many of the same folks who insist Greta isn't being bullied threw a fit over imaginary bullying of Barron. 

So, once AGAIN, take it up with THEM, please.

Sorry that some of those who participated demonstrated that particular inconsistency on your thread.

Seems like a dumb thing to me to be sorry for, but whatever works for you, I guess.

ONCE AGAIN, take it up with THEM. Why take it up with me like I said it?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.23  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.1.18    4 years ago

Where's the pool of blood? 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.24  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.10    4 years ago
[(Deleted-Rude)]

[deleted]

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.1.25  sandy-2021492  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.23    4 years ago

I gave you a link.  You'll either read it or not.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.26  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.1.25    4 years ago

Found it...............but the blood on the floor was after he was already dead......and.........

After he was discovered by his cellmate, a physician assistant performed a single chest compression, according to the report, but stopped when blood started to pour out of his ear and his arms stiffened, showing signs of rigor mortis. He had no pulse.

But your point is taken............

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.1.28  Jack_TX  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.1.4    2 years ago
And Barron also wasn't bullied.  Thunberg has been

In what way has she been "bullied"?

Color me extremely skeptical on this.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.1.29  sandy-2021492  replied to  Jack_TX @3.1.28    2 years ago

Well, for some reason, this is coming back up after 2 years.  Not sure why, as the conversation seemed to play itself out then.

I'd say calling a child brainwashed because one disagrees with her politics, and making up multiple fairly nasty memes about her would qualify as bullying.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.1.30  Jack_TX  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.1.29    2 years ago
Well, for some reason, this is coming back up after 2 years. 

I just noticed that.  Very strange.  

OK.  Never mind.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tessylo @3    4 years ago

So Meatloaf, the has been, is now bullying this young lady.  

well, Trump was busy attempting to divert attention from his current distraction by attempting further distractions via proposed "war crimes".

pretty neeato whirled the GOP Zero Hero has brought US

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.2    4 years ago

Who the fuck calls themself meatloaf?

What a fucking bully.  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.2.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.1    4 years ago
Who the fuck calls themself meatloaf?

Someone who obviously loves him some mashed potatoes 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.2    4 years ago
well, Trump was busy attempting to divert attention from his current distraction by attempting further distractions via proposed "war crimes".

Total crock of crap. Look at how all the LWNJs are still droning on and on and on about impeachment. Maybe they should direct their ire at Nancy Pelosi--the direct cause of the hold-up on impeachment.

If Democrats are so distracted from impeachment-as you claim-isn't that really more of a personal problem for THEM?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.2.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.3    4 years ago

If Democrats are so distracted from impeachment-as you claim-isn't that really more of a personal problem for THEM?

as i claim...WTF R U Babbling about now 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.2.4    4 years ago
WTF R U Babbling about now 

Oops! Sorry!

I thought you actually wrote this--my mistake!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.2.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.5    4 years ago

again, where did i claim "democrats are so distracted from impeachment"

cause asz usual, you be toutin BS

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.2.6    4 years ago

Well, then WHO is being distracted and WTF difference does it make? 
Why whine about it ?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.2.8  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.7    4 years ago

again, WTF R U Talkin bout

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.2.8    4 years ago

Gee,  smart fellow like you can't figure it out?

Really??

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4  Sparty On    4 years ago

Do not disagree with a kid that has aspergers.

That is not allowed in our society today.   Ever!

Doing so will automatically make you a bad, bad person so shame on any of you who even thought about it.

Bad Meatloaf ..... bad!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @4    4 years ago
Do not disagree with a kid that has aspergers.

did you read her tweet ?

She agrees with you.

Why do you and Trump defenders, disagree with Science ?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.1    4 years ago

Yes, i was very clear.   Meatloaf is a bad, bad man.  

Poor Greta, the one who must not be disagreed with.   Poor Greta, she has aspergers you know.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.1    4 years ago

My nephew has aspergers and they do think differently than you or I. I think that should be taken into account and she is a child and not being disrespectful. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.2    4 years ago
she is a child and not being disrespectful. 

"How dare you"

'Nuff said

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.1.3    4 years ago

Yeah, that was my thought. Stomping around the world judging people isn't what I normally associate with "respectful."

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.1.3    4 years ago

Case closed!

Snort.  

How dare she!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.2    4 years ago

I agree with most of what you are saying and i'm probably not explaining myself well enough.   My issue is with the people who are elevating her to climate guru messiah status.   That's not really her fault but the fact remains she isn't all that like many of the climate fundamentalists are trying to bill her.

That said, any contention/expectation that she is above ANY criticism or scrutiny, simply because of her age or condition is misplaced and quite ridiculous IMO.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.8  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.1.3    4 years ago

That is the way aspies talk. They don't understand social boundaries and that was not directed to a single individual, but a society at large. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.9  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.7    4 years ago

Well, I wouldn't call her a climate guru messiah either. She is passionate about this because all aspies see the world very black and white. 

That said, any contention/expectation that she is above ANY criticism or scrutiny, simply because of her age or condition is misplaced and quite ridiculous IMO.

I'm not saying that either, but an adult taking pot shots at a kid who has a developmental issue, isn't cool either. 

user image
Freshman Silent
4.1.10    replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.8    4 years ago
They don't understand social boundaries

Then maybe it was inappropriate for the people who gave her the stage to do so. Knowing she has this issues. Seems to me that was a positive to them so she can scold the whole world, have an excuse for it, and a shield from scrutiny. I really think it's a cheap trick and exploiting a young girl with a condition for a political talking point is about the lowest of the low.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  @4.1.10    4 years ago

I would say those disparaging and bullying this young lady are the lowest of the low.  

I'm not so sure who truly has 'issues' here.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.12  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.9    4 years ago

I'm not sure anyone actually gives a crap about what Meatloaf says about anything.  This is barely even a news story. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.12    4 years ago

Also he was on one of this 'presidents' loser reality TV shows.

What a loser!  As a human being that is.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.14  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.9    4 years ago

This isn't just any kid with a developmental issue.   She or someone else has put her out there on the international stage in a big way.   Regardless of her challenges blow back was an inevitability with the way she was presented.     World Kumbayah moment not forthcoming.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.15  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.12    4 years ago

I tend to agree with you John but this article doesn't.

Lots of people seem to care one way or another.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.16  bugsy  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.1    4 years ago

If anyone thinks she sends out her own tweets are highly delusional.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.17  Sparty On  replied to  bugsy @4.1.16    4 years ago

I don't know, she easily could be.   Many Autistic folks operate at very high levels at some things and very low levels in others.   It's a very individual thing IME.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.19  bugsy  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.17    4 years ago

I don't know. Usually when you hear people speak, they tend to dictate the same way, in this case tweet. She obviously is reading from a script, probably written by someone else, when she speaks.

I believe the same thing when "she" tweets.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.20  cjcold  replied to    4 years ago

Actually she talked her parents into the reality of AGW.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.21  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.17    4 years ago

Autism spectrum disorder starts with low intelligence and goes to extremely high functioning people, but the one thing they all have in common is reading social cues and having a hard time reading people and situations. 

The ones on the upper end of the spectrum do develop their own opinions and will not vary from it. My nephew very early on became a news junkie and became conservative without his family's intervention. His lack of judgment in social cues is giving him a very hard time in college since he expresses his opinions very much in his peer's faces. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.22  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  cjcold @4.1.20    4 years ago

I had read that, too. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.23  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.21    4 years ago

And I thought coming back to school with a shaved head was “interesting” that must be very tough on the kid unless he’s at a conservative school

user image
Freshman Silent
5      4 years ago

Poor Greta. In 8 years the world will be fine and she will be an under-educated has been, probably mooching off social services.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.2  cjcold  replied to  @5    4 years ago

Actually, Greta has done quite well in school. Likely much better than science deniers.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    4 years ago

I wonder if the same people who complain about Hollywood celebrities talking about politics and issues will complain about Meatloaf, who I believe still qualifies as a show business celebrity, however far down that particular food chain he may be. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @6    4 years ago

Meatloaf is a very disturbed individual.   Not unlike many celebrities.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @6.1    4 years ago

Another white male with $45 million net worth and nothing to do all day except argue with people on facebook about not being a real celebrity any more.

jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
6.1.3  Sunshine  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.1    4 years ago
Another white male

Who is the other one?  DeNiro lashing out like a rabid animal?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sunshine @6.1.3    4 years ago

You just described how Trump has acted on more than one occasion.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
6.1.5  Sunshine  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1.4    4 years ago

Perhaps they just need hugs...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.1    4 years ago

Hard to believe that asshole is worth $45 million.  Must be inflating his wealth, like this 'president'

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1.7  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.6    4 years ago

Hard to believe that asshole is worth $45 million.  Must be inflating his wealth, like this 'president'

and his girth

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.8  Split Personality  replied to  Sunshine @6.1.3    4 years ago

Terry Gilliam,  another seed. jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.9  Split Personality  replied to    4 years ago

Because it is pertinent to content on NT, OK with you?

We have another  seed by Terry Gilliam who is lamenting how white men get picked on by #metoo and others.

Terry's worth $55 million and has quite a few accomplishments directing and acting in movies, some very strange,

most of them very funny, in a British humor kind of way.

There is no denying that Gilliam is an American born white boy who renounced his US citizenship in 2006

and now, just to gain attention ( new movie coming out) , claims he is a black lesbian internally.

Now that boy has race issues...

Just seems to me that rich white people like Ricky Gervais, Meatloaf, and Terry Gilliam seem to think that someone cares what they think.

I don't.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.10  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.9    4 years ago

I don't think its Gervais that's the problem.   He just spoke his mind to a group of people who consistently look down their noses at the folks who keep them in beans.   Especially at the one's who are not of like mind with them.

This isn't a racial thing or a gender thing or even a partisan thing.   Its an asshole thing and that can be any race, gender or politcal preference.   I'm just guessing here i bet you laugh your ass off at Stephen Colbert doing the same thing nightly except he's always bagging on Trump and conservatives.

So there it is.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.11  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.10    4 years ago
I'm just guessing here i bet you laugh your ass off at Stephen Colbert doing the same thing nightly except he's always bagging on Trump and conservatives.

Well surprise, surprise, you would lose that bet even if I had to take a lie detector on Maury or Jerry to prove it.

Not in our repertoire, we watch Live PD, Dr. Pimple Popper, My feet are killing me, 48 hours and the whole range of murder

and HGTV. Sometimes the Science or History Channels

Oh and most every episode of Dr Phil with a healthy dose of Maury & Jerry so

we can assure each other in our advanced years that we are beyond reproach as parents, grandparents and citizens.

We each see enough news on the internet at work to stay informed of current events, there's no escaping it,

even on our cell phones.

So there it is.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.12  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.11    4 years ago
Well surprise, surprise, you would lose that bet even if I had to take a lie detector on Maury or Jerry to prove it.

Nope, your word is good enough for me.   I stand corrected.

Oh and by the way ..... Dr Pimple Popper?   Gross! jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.13  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.12    4 years ago

The foot doctor shows are much, much worse. lol

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.14  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.13    4 years ago

And that my friend has to be bad.    The goo you see coming out of people on Dr PP is alien like sometimes.

No thx on the snaggle-foot ....

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.15  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.14    4 years ago

Our skin is the largest and  strangest organ they say.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.16  Krishna  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.1    4 years ago
Another white male with $45 million net worth and nothing to do all day except argue with people on facebook about not being a real celebrity any more.

And how is that any different from people here who have nothing better to do all day than argue with liberals (or conservatives) about how stupid everyone on one side of the aisle is? (Which side depends upon their own biases.

(OK so most people here don't have $45 million-- but does that make it any different?)

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.17  Split Personality  replied to  Krishna @6.1.16    4 years ago
(OK so most people here don't have $45 million-- but does that make it any different?)

Absolutely jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
7  KDMichigan    4 years ago

I seriously doubt that Thunberg wrote anything. She has been groomed from day one by her activist parents. From day one when she skipped school it has been a orchestrated journey, within 6 months she was being nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. Oh let me rephrase that, I doubt "Greta" Thunberg wrote anything, once she is off script she looks like a deer in the headlight...

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
8  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

I didn't even know Meatloaf was still alive.  I figured he od'd on Big Macs years ago.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
8.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @8    4 years ago

Meatloaf is a vegan, seriously. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  KDMichigan @8.1    4 years ago
Meatloaf is a vegan

Best irony ever. I feel like a name change is in order. Vegloaf, maybe. Or Impossibleloaf.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tacos! @8.1.1    4 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
8.1.3  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Tacos! @8.1.1    4 years ago

Good one Tacos!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.1.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @8.1.1    4 years ago

Best irony ever. I feel like a name change is in order. Vegloaf, maybe. Or Impossibleloaf.

how about   steaming loaf 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
9  cjcold    4 years ago

So a fat guy with only one hit song (which was lame) has an opinion? Stop the presses!

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
9.1  Sunshine  replied to  cjcold @9    4 years ago

Apparently NBC thinks he is important.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
9.1.1  cjcold  replied to  Sunshine @9.1    4 years ago

Slow news day.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10  Tessylo    4 years ago

This explains it.  He's fucking delusional.  Ugly motherfucker too.  

Meat Loaf gave quite the interview to  The Daily Mail  this week, talking about everything from his sex life to climate change. The 72-year-old singer, real name Marvin Lee Aday, said he was always a ladies' man, even when he was a "fat motherf*****."

"Most of my songs are... well, true," he told the   MailOnline.  "They are story songs and I am really good at stories... I am a sex god, dear."

The "Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad" singer said he's lost 70 pounds by not eating "anything over 5g of fat and 3g of sugar." Meat Loaf went from weighing 256 pounds to 195 pounds, which is what he weighs today, but explained that courting women when he was larger was never a problem.

Read more:   Comedian Rosie Jones causes a stir among   The Last Leg   fans with Greta Thunberg joke

"I can't use bad language but people would ask me, 'How can a fat motherf**** like you go out with all these good looking girls?' I said, 'because I am not going out thinking about what you are thinking about,'" he shared.

308d0b90-2d8d-11ea-bdff-c92b86515c38
View photos
Meat Loaf visits the cast of the musical "Bat Out Of Hell" on Broadway at New York City Center on August 20, 2019 in New York City. (Photo by Bruce Glikas/WireImage)
More

The rocker added that men today aren't doing "anything right."

"These days men don't open the doors, they don't do anything right. Truthfully, all they go out for is to get laid," he continued. "I've never done that. It's not my first option; never has been — and that's why I've gone out with all these good looking women."

The topic of conversation somehow shifted to climate change, with Meat Loaf — who worked with President Donald Trump on   The Apprentice   in 2010 — saying it's a hoax.

7fd0cde0-2383-11ea-bf9f-672554ae8505
View photos
Swedish environmental activist Greta Thunberg attends a climate march, in Turin, Italy, Friday. Dec. 13, 2019. (AP Photo/Antonio Calanni)
More

He also called out activist Greta Thunberg, who turns 17 on Friday.

"I feel for that Greta. She has been brainwashed into thinking that there is climate change and there isn't," he said. "She hasn't done anything wrong but she's been forced into thinking that what she is saying is true."

The only reason they went out with you was because you were a supposed 'rock star' and had money.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @10    4 years ago

I am a sex god, dear.

He thinks he is a stud because his dog said so.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
11  Nerm_L    4 years ago

Greta Thunberg is sound and fury signifying nothing.  Climate activism is all about forcing others to do something they do not want to do.  Cloaking that Puritanical authoritarian excess in a facade of existential morality doesn't change the nature of the desire for power over society.

Climate change is a self correcting problem.  Human activity changing the climate will ultimately begin killing humans.  The anthropogenic influence of the dead is inconsequential.  The plague of Hot Death will thin the human population just as did the Black Death.  There won't be an energy consuming app for that.  The anthropocene will be the shortest geological epoch in the history of the planet.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1  Tessylo  replied to  Nerm_L @11    4 years ago
'is sound and fury signifying nothing'

Replace that with this corrupt to the bone 'president' and his corrupt to the bone administration and gop and you've got something there.  

charger 383
Professor Silent
11.2  charger 383  replied to  Nerm_L @11    4 years ago

That was very well stated

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  charger 383 @11.2    4 years ago

No it wasn't.  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
11.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  Nerm_L @11    4 years ago
Climate activism is all about forcing others to do something they do not want to do.

Or just about making the shit we do not so destructive. Not exactly a bad thing since we have only this one planet and we do not have a backup in any way shape or form. 

Cloaking that Puritanical authoritarian excess in a facade of existential morality doesn't change the nature of the desire for power over society.

Welcome to the entire concept of governance. 

Climate change is a self correcting problem.

Yeah, but we aren't exactly designed for the self correction. There is this thing called extinction, and if the climate changes more rapidly than we, or the rest of life on Earth are able to respond, then fuck us.I mean shit, look at what a problem the extinction of the honeybees would cause us.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
12  Freefaller    4 years ago

I'm surprised she responded, I mean who cares what Meatloaf or any other entertainment type (actors, singers, sports stars, politicians) have to say about anything. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
12.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Freefaller @12    4 years ago

Is he still alive? Honestly I kinda thought he has been dead for like 10 years. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
13  Krishna    4 years ago

The "Bat Out of Hell" singer told the Daily Mail in a Jan. 1 interview that he does not believe in climate change, but rather, that he believes Thunberg, 17, has been "brainwashed."

GREAT SCOTT!

Krishna
Professor Expert
13.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @13    4 years ago

GREAT SCOTT!

Hmmm....

I wonder...am I the only one here who...  jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

Oh... nevermind!

(See also:  " Callbacks ")

Where is Buzz when you need him . . . ?

Krishna
Professor Expert
13.1.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @13.1    4 years ago
I wonder...am I the only one here who... 

Has actually participated in The Rocky Horror Show?

Ender
Professor Principal
13.1.2  Ender  replied to  Krishna @13.1.1    4 years ago

Years ago I saw it in theatre. People would dress up, throw rice, shine flashlights, sing and dance. It was a trip.

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
13.1.3  Old Hermit  replied to  Krishna @13.1.1    4 years ago
I wonder...am I the only one here who... 
Has actually participated in The Rocky Horror Show?

Wife and I first saw it when it was still just a movie, no audience participation, but we enjoyed it enough that we back a half dozen times, or more, over the years and watched as the spectacle grew.

Never participated at the theater, (no costume wearing, toast throwing or water gun squirting ... etc), but once, in the 80's, while I was still using a wheelchair after back surgery, wife and I went to a Halloween party dressed as Dr. Scott being wheeled around by Magenta. ( smile )

original

original

Ender
Professor Principal
13.1.4  Ender  replied to  Old Hermit @13.1.3    4 years ago

Love it. This makes me like you even more.  Haha

Don't Dream It Be It....

Krishna
Professor Expert
13.1.5  Krishna  replied to  Ender @13.1.2    4 years ago

That sort of audience participation was quite a "thing"-- but it was long ago. I had thought that it had died out completely.

But here's a strange coincidence-- just as Meatloaf is suddenly back in the news, it looks like that type of audience participation in a cult show might be back once again (although this time its not the same film):

Cats Could Be the Next Rocky Horror Picture Show

Cats might have been a hit on Broadway in the 1980s and '90s, but the new film adaptation has been, by almost all standards, a catastrophic failure. Its $6.5 million domestic opening weekend wasn't even half of studio projections, disastrous for a major release with a production budget estimated at $100 million. 

Cats is proving just as big a failure with the critics as it is at the box office, with an 18 percent score on Rotten Tomatoes, and some of the harshest review of any movie this year. 

Although it's far too early for Cats to have developed the formal audience-participation traditions that define showings of Rocky Horror or The Room, screenings of Cats are becoming interesting experiences for the few who attend. 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
13.1.6  Freefaller  replied to  Old Hermit @13.1.3    4 years ago
wife and I went to a Halloween party dressed as Dr. Scott being wheeled around by Magenta. ( smile )

That is awesome.

When I was a teenager I went to the movie probably 30-40 times mostly dressed as Brad, and yes I brought rice or a flashlight or a squirt gun.  It was fun.

Krishna
Professor Expert
13.1.7  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @13.1.5    4 years ago

Cats Could Be The Next Rocky Horror Picture Show

Looks like those of us who attended in the past will have another opportunity for that sort of fun!

(Interesting story, so I decided to seed it HERE)

katrix
Sophomore Participates
13.1.8  katrix  replied to  Krishna @13.1.1    4 years ago

Oh, I've been lots of times. I never dressed up, but I'd bring toilet paper, hot dogs, a squirt bottle, newspaper, rice, the whole nine yards. It was a BITCH getting that rice out of the car.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
14  Citizen Kane-473667    4 years ago

Oh look, ANOTHER Hockey Stick graph!  Wonder who cooked the data this time???

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
14.1  Freefaller  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @14    4 years ago

That's not a hockey stick, trust me I'm Canadian and I know hockey sticks:)

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
14.1.1  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Freefaller @14.1    4 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
15  Thrawn 31    4 years ago

I just have to ask, what is it about old white dudes and going after teenage autistic girls? Is she autistic? I can't really remember, I am really not sure because I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to her. In fact the only reason I know who she is is because I have seen several headlines about old ass white American politicians and "celebrities" going after a handicapped teenager. 

For real, what the fuck? 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
15.1  Tacos!  replied to  Thrawn 31 @15    4 years ago
I just have to ask, what is it about old white dudes and going after teenage autistic girls?

What makes you think that's a thing?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
15.1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @15.1    4 years ago

Because a lot of you all just can't let her go, which tells me that she isn't the only one. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
15.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  Thrawn 31 @15.1.1    4 years ago
Because a lot of you all just can't let her go

You all? Not me. I couldn't care less about her. 

which tells me that she isn't the only one

It does, eh? A sample size of 1? What's the logic in that? And anyway, you said yourself that you don't even know if she is autistic. So even by that crappy standard, you have no reason to think that old white dudes have some thing about autistic girls. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
15.2  Sparty On  replied to  Thrawn 31 @15    4 years ago
old white dudes

More fundamentalist left wing misandry.   Well not just that i suppose.   Its racist as hell as well as old age ageist.

Nice job!   You got a three-fer of generalized hatred there in one quick post.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
16  MrFrost    4 years ago

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
19  Ed-NavDoc    2 years ago

Meatloaf is now deceased so his comments don't really matter. Just curious about why bring up a two year old article?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
19.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @19    2 years ago

Just curious about why bring up a two year old article?

I wondered the same thing.  I did enjoy seeing the names and comments from the regulars here and how consistent they are.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
19.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @19    2 years ago

It's called a mistake. I guess we all make them.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
19.3  MonsterMash  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @19    2 years ago

Perrie was feeling neglected, she needed an ego booster. 

charger 383
Professor Silent
20  charger 383    2 years ago

Greta Thunberg should go yell "How Dare you" at Putin because he is causing more climate change along with all the other damage

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
20.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  charger 383 @20    2 years ago

If Greta did that, she would probably wind up in a Russian gulag!