╌>

U.S. Stock Futures Drop as Iran Retaliation Starts: Markets Wrap

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  4 years ago  •  11 comments

By:   Adam Haigh - Bloomberg

(Bloomberg) -- U.S. stock futures declined after Iran reportedly started an attack on a military base in Iraq hosting American troops, escalating tensions in the Middle East. Treasury futures and the yen rose.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

(Bloomberg) -- U.S. stock futures declined after Iran reportedly started an attack on a military base in Iraq hosting American troops, escalating tensions in the Middle East. Treasury futures and the yen rose.

Futures on the S&P 500 Index dropped more than 1%. Oil prices surged as Iran state TV said it started operation “Martyr Soleimani” at dawn with several rockets being fired at the Ayn al-Asad base. Australian shares fell, and Australian bond yields slid as the Asian trading session got going Wednesday. Gold advanced.

“It is frightening to think about the possible range of outcomes with this,” Di Zhou, a fund manager at Thornburg Investment Management Inc., told Bloomberg TV. “We are closely monitoring this evolving.”

A related "Must-Read" Seed:

Why Obama, Bush, And Bibi All Passed On Killing Soleimani

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

I was expecting this and have been buy defense stocks, gold and oil for the last few days. Also cyber-security stocks. 

Also trimming positions in non-war related stocks. (I would've sold a lot more except much of my positions are high dividend payers in DRIP-- so the lower the prices fall, the more shares get bought).

So as the market plummets I won't be hurt much financially.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1    4 years ago

So as the market plummets I won't be hurt much financially.

I'll be dfne.

But what worries me is our Neocon president's actions in starting this. (And to make matters worse je keeps sending in more troops-- when what he should be doing is pulling out of Iraq and ...totally!)

I hope his advisors talk some sense into him before many American troops die in yet another of the Endless Wars he supports and continues to escalate by sending in more and more troops :-(

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.1    4 years ago
How much American blood had to be surrendered to the scumbag before we decided to finally take his ass out?

Obviously you're assuming that he is the only one in all of Iran who is willing to kill Americans? That's total nonsense!

Its really a game of whack-a-mole-- you kill one terror leader and more appear.

True-- Trump didn't originally start the problems in Iran and vicinity. But now that the current situation exists, he can end it. Time to GTFO-- and fast. 

How many more Americans kids do we want to die fighting over there?

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

A related "Must-Read" Seed:

Why Obama, Bush, And Bibi All Passed On Killing Soleimani

There are many things I could criticize about each of those three. (Interestingly, one a Democrat, one a Republican, and one a foreign ally). Bult they all had one thing in common-- while they all reiceived information about was a truly evil person Soleimani is, and what he's done and is planning to do-- after knowing that, all three had the sense to resist the urge to off him, as difficult as that was.

But now we have a true Neo-con war-monger ofa president wh's doing exactly the wrong thing-- he's escalating our Endless Middle-eastern Wars by sending more troops there-- rather than what he should be doing (which is quickly removing all Americans-- including our troops-- from harm's way).