Via:  tessylo  •  4 years ago  •  11 comments

By:   Ed Mazza Huffpost

GOP Lawmaker In DWI Case Reportedly Blames Wife: 'You Know How Women Drive'

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

HuffPost

1b7bcfa0-ffe6-11e8-abbe-535ccd54ed26 January 8, 2020, 4:57 AM EST

5e0db58324000053245a4b99.jpg

GOP Lawmaker In DWI Case Reportedly Blames Wife: 'You Know How Women Drive'

The top-ranking Republican in the New York State Assembly who was  arrested and accused of DWI  after crashing his state-owned SUV last week reportedly tried to blame his wife.

Brian Kolb was arrested on Dec. 31 after he  allegedly drove the SUV into a ditch  near his home. He initially told the tow truck driver that his wife was to blame.

“The male stood up and put his hands up and said, ‘My wife was driving!’” tow truck driver Michael Scoville told an Ontario County deputy, according to court documents obtained by USA Today. “He then said, ‘You know how women drive.’”

The tow truck driver said there was no one else near the vehicle. 

When police arrived at the scene, Kolb admitted he had been behind the wheel and said he drank four or five cocktails, Syracuse.com reported, citing the police report. Kolb’s eyes were reportedly glassy and bloodshot and his breathalyzer test showed he’d consumed  twice the legal limit  for alcohol. 

Kolb’s arrest occurred soon after he warned against drunk driving in his newspaper column.  

“There is no excuse for driving impaired this holiday season,” he wrote just a week before his own arrest.  

The events of December 31 are ones I will always regret ,” Kolb said in a statement last week. “I have begun the process of seeking professional help in order to heal, learn and fully address the challenges that I, along with my family, currently face.”

While Kolb has  stepped down  as the Assembly’s minority leader, he has not resigned.

Need help with substance abuse or mental health issues? In the U.S., call 800-662-HELP (4357) for the  SAMHSA National Helpline .

Love HuffPost? Become a founding member of HuffPost Plus today.

This article originally appeared on  HuffPost .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

Typical republicon.  Never their fault.  

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
2  al Jizzerror    4 years ago
“The male stood up and put his hands up and said, ‘My wife was driving!’” tow truck driver Michael Scoville told an Ontario County deputy, according to court documents obtained by USA Today. “He then said, ‘You know how women drive.’”

What a dickhead.

Another lying Republican politician.

Sorry, that was redundant (lying Republican).

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3  lady in black    4 years ago

Another hypocritical deporable/republican/conservative....blame everyone else but yourself, he learned his lesson well from Crooked donnie who can never ever take the blame for anything he's done wrong....it's mind boggling.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1  Greg Jones  replied to  lady in black @3    4 years ago

The thread isn't about Trump....or his supporters.

Try to post something relevant and important.

Is that so hard???

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  lady in black  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    4 years ago

I can post whatever I want, don't like what I post, then don't read my posts. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    4 years ago

Please try to post something relevant and important.

Is that so hard?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    4 years ago

To be fair, by tomorrow Trump will tweet about this like a 14 year old and make his position well known. Really this is just preemptive. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

He will need a defense attorney and she should get a divorce attorney.

charger 383
Professor Silent
5  charger 383    4 years ago

Legislators passed DWI laws and I like it when what they did catches them 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6  Thrawn 31    4 years ago

Doubt he will be married for much longer. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
7  Dismayed Patriot    4 years ago

"Kolb’s arrest occurred soon after he warned against drunk driving in his newspaper column."

“There is no excuse for driving impaired this holiday season,” he wrote just a week before his own arrest.

" He initially told the tow truck driver that his wife was to blame."

The events of December 31 are ones I will always regret  ,” Kolb said in a statement last week. “I have begun the process of seeking professional help in order to heal, learn and fully address the challenges that I, along with my family, currently face.”

He does truly exemplify many legislators in the current Republican party. Hypocritically lecture everyone else about not living up to their moral standards, get exposed not living up to their own moral standards, try to weasel out of the blame often by lying, then when caught red handed claim they just had a moment of weakness and will now get help to "heal, learn" and spend more time with their families.

and many many more...

Mark Foley (R)

Don Sherwood (R)

Jim Gibbons (R)

David Vitter (R)

Randal Tobias (R)

Vito Fossella (R)

John Ensign (R)

Mark Souder (R)

Chris Lee (R)

Scott DeJarlais (R)

Vance McAllister (R)