╌>

GOP Sen. Mike Lee RAGES at ‘Insulting’ Military Briefing on Iran Crisis: ‘Probably the Worst’ I’ve Ever Seen

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  6 comments

GOP Sen. Mike Lee RAGES at ‘Insulting’ Military Briefing on Iran Crisis: ‘Probably the Worst’ I’ve Ever Seen

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Members of Congress were briefed today on Iran, and Senator Mike Lee (R- UT) wanted to make it clear to reporters afterwards that he was pissed off.

Lee erupted on what he called an “insulting and demeaning” briefing that he deemed “probably the worst briefing at least on a military issue I’ve seen.”

He said the briefing was the deciding factor in him coming around to support the War Powers Act resolution being pushed by Democratic colleague Tim Kaine.

Lee, flanked by Rand Paul, said, “We were told over and over again it was this action was necessary, this was a bad guy, we had to do it,’ and we can’t have division, we can’t have dissension within our ranks, within our government, or it sends the wrong signal to the Iranians. And I just think that’s completely wrong.”

Lee said the briefers were asked what would trigger the need for the White House to seek authorization for the use of military force from Congress. “At one point, I believe one of the briefers said something along the lines of, ‘I’m sure we could think of something.’ But they struggled to identify anything.”

Lee said he’s personally still “agnostic” on whether the strike on Qasem Soleimani was justified:

“I still haven’t had the questions answered that I came into that briefing expecting to ask. They left after 75 minutes. I understand these are busy people, they’ve got a lot of demands on their time. They are appearing before a coordinate branch of government… responsible for their funding, for their confirmation, for any approval of any military action they might undertake. They had to leave after 75 minutes while they were in the process of telling us that we need to be good little boys and girls and run along and not debate this in public. I find that absolutely insane.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Die hard conservative Republican senator calls the Iran briefing "insulting" and "the worst I've ever seen"

Oh my !

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

He was literally  spitting mad. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Split Personality @1.1    4 years ago

He was literally  spitting mad. 

like a Cobra, or a Hooker ?

Either way, Kudos to Mike Lee breaking ranks and not cow towing the BULL !

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Trump may have just lost one of his minions over this.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.2    4 years ago

Don't get all excited about it. Why was he pissed off about the briefing?

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
1.2.2  al Jizzerror  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.1    4 years ago
Why was he pissed off about the briefing?

Because the briefing was bullshit followed by this ridiculous statement:

They had to leave after 75 minutes while they were in the process of telling us that we need to be good little boys and girls and run along and not debate this in public. I find that absolutely insane.”