╌>

The Church Of MAGA

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  152 comments

The Church Of MAGA

The Lincoln Project has released a video about the great religious figure Donald Trump

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

The Lincoln Project — a group of prominent Republicans disenchanted with President   Donald Trump , whose ranks include   George Conway   — released a searing two-and-a-half minute video aimed at evangelical supporters of the commander-in-chief. In it, clips of Trump speaking on matters of faith are spliced are juxtaposed with footage of the president using crass language and making otherwise vile comments.

The video began with a quote from the Bible, Matthew 7:15, which reads, “Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s. clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.”

Seconds later, Trump is seen saying “Why do I have to repent? Why do I have to ask for forgiveness?”

Other notable moments from the clip package include; footage of the president saying he could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue and not lose support, as well as the president calling himself the “chosen one.”

“If this is the best American Christians can do, then God help us all,” a pair of graphics read, in the video’s closing frames.

Along with Conway, The Lincoln Project includes notable figures from the cable news world, including   Steve Schmidt , and   Rick Wilson .

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

That's quite a video from as you call them "disenchanted Republicans!"

I have one too. I'd like to dedicate it to all the progressives, old fashioned liberals, FDR, and the old college professors who used to cover for Joe Stalin and are now suddenly concerned by the threat of "Russia". :

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    4 years ago

America’s secular progressives are indeed resembling the ways of the old Soviet Union in the way they do business in America.  In fact for some of them comparing them to soviets is way too kind.  Great post!  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Did they really expect us to vote for Hillary Clinton and all her scandals instead?  America’s Jezebel?  Not a chance.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2    4 years ago

Is that the best you can do? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    4 years ago
Is that the best you can do? 

How about this: The Christians who support Trump don't need anyone to tell them that he has flaws. Bill Clinton had flaws. When it comes to voting on what is best for the country. character flaws fall way down on the list. Sorry, John, you've been making this case 24/7 for as long as NT has been around and it dosen't change anything. We LOVE what he is doing!!!

[deleted]

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    4 years ago
Bill Clinton had flaws.

Bill Clinton didn't run around claiming that he was a good Christian like donny did either. 

As far as the Christians who would prefer a well mannered, evil leftist to a blunt, well intentioned Donald Trump - may they burn in hell!

This is why churches should lose their tax exempt status. When they put their politics above the moral values of their own religion, they aren't a religious organization anymore. 

Also, a real Christian would never tell anyone to, "burn in hell". 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.2    4 years ago

We got it.  We know how you feel. See you on election day

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.4  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    4 years ago

This comment is specious. It is insulting that you try to make a petty comparison to another flawed individual to hide the shame and stupid of Donald Trump. Everybody has to pull their own little red wagon in life, including Donald Trump. It is time for "Mr. Buck Stops Here" to take his heat undiluted by the activities of other men and women.

That you and yours think to confuse, stifle, or cancel out Trump's ridiculous attitude and abuses of power by substitution shows that you really don't understand those you are addressing. We will break down specious arguments, and throw them back in your face.

Come out from behind the sound and fury and the noise, Donald Trump! Your surrogates are doing you a disservice, because they feed you milk when and where meat would clearly work better!

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.1.5  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    4 years ago

Death wishing again ?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @2.1.5    4 years ago
Death wishing again ?

Maybe you'd like to explain that?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    4 years ago

Inflamatory [content?  Is that something new?]  Have you read your own comments?

[From the CoC: Content that arguably and unnecessarily seeks to anger others is prohibited. This does not preclude inherently hot topics for debate (e.g. the abortion debate). A topic designed to engage others in thoughtful discussion or debate (e.g. ‘At what point in a pregnancy do we have a human being?’) is welcome. One that seeks to inflame (e.g. ‘Pro-choice means killing babies’) is not.]

[Surely we can all agree that telling a group of people they can burn in Hell is inflammatory, yes?]

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.1.8  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.6    4 years ago

You stated you wanted to see all liberals impaled on spikes mounted on trumps border wall. Did you forget that gem ?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.9  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    4 years ago

Exactly.  We had to morally flawed candidates in 2016 and Hillary was certainly no better. At least Trump sought us out and asked for our support and promised to act in a good way in office as opposed to the wicked witch who opposed every thing Christian Americans stand for.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.10  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.6    4 years ago

[Deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.11  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.7    4 years ago

[Deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.12  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.10    4 years ago

[Deleted.  Further meta will result in points toward suspension]

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.1.13  Raven Wing  replied to  pat wilson @2.1.8    4 years ago
You stated you wanted to see all liberals impaled on spikes mounted on trumps border wall.

What a truly Christian attitude. /s

I wonder what Jesus would say to that kind of statement made by someone who professes to believe in Him.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.14  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    4 years ago

We got it.  We know how you feel. See you on election day

Thanks for that. There is a saying, "those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks". If you want to believe that trump is a good Christian, that's fine, but advertising it is a rather poor decision given trump's past. He has cheated on all three of his wives and he doesn't even deny it. I recall when Newt was throwing rocks at Bill Clinton, (while banging two skanks behind his wife's back), exclaiming that Hillary was an enabler to Bill's infidelity, and that she should have left Bill..

Question, Vic:

Doesn't that make Melania trump an enabler and should she not leave donny, as newt suggested to Hillary 20+ years ago? 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.15  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    4 years ago

My link to the political meme I chose was just fine.  I make no apologies for seeding a link to a meme advocating for my belief and double down on what it said.  We 63,000,000 who supported Trump will do so again and will not be split off from him by jokes such as the Lincoln project and the fools behind it who could themselves never get a President elected, though the wife of one of them did!  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3  Thrawn 31    4 years ago

This is super gay. Whatever in the fuck this is.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3    4 years ago

I agree with you about this seed.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4  TᵢG    4 years ago

The promotion of Trump as a religious man ... a religious hero ... is amazing to behold.   It shows that partisanship preempts even religion.   Impressive (while disgusting).

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
4.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  TᵢG @4    4 years ago

I think it's a step in the right direction as we know Trump really exists.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Dean Moriarty @4.1    4 years ago

Good one Dean.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  TᵢG @4    4 years ago

Does a "religious hero" continually break commandments?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.1  TᵢG  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.2    4 years ago

Apparently facts and reasoning are not employed in this assessment.    jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
4.2.2  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.2    4 years ago

Sure take Zeus for example he was known to have had many affairs. He flooded the world with the help of his brother Poseidon to kill humans and used lightning bolts to kill and terrorize humans. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty @4.2.2    4 years ago

Christians dont accept your heathenous interpretation Dean. You need to seek your lord and savior's forgiveness. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.2.4  Gordy327  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.3    4 years ago
Christians dont accept your heathenous interpretation Dean.

What makes Christian interpretations right and everyone else wrong? The thing about "religious interpretation" is that it's little more than one's word against another's.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.5  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Gordy327 @4.2.4    4 years ago

I was being sarcastic Gordy.  I wish you would show as much verve in your opposition to Trump as you do in your opposition to Christianity. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.2.6  Gordy327  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.5    4 years ago
I was being sarcastic Gordy. 

It's hard to tell sometimes. Especially when there are those who would say the same thing you did and be dead serious about it.

I wish you would show as much verve in your opposition to Trump as you do in your opposition to Christianity. 

I've hardly spoken about Trump at all either way.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.2.7  cjcold  replied to  Dean Moriarty @4.2.2    4 years ago

Wow! So your belief in mythology knows no bounds.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.8  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.5    4 years ago

[Deleted]

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.2.9  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.8    4 years ago

Quite false and untruthful!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.2.10  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dean Moriarty @4.2.2    4 years ago
Sure take Zeus for example ......

Zeus is not a Judeo-Christian god. Try again.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.2.11  Ender  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.2.10    4 years ago

He did have children with us mortals. Kind of like god.  : )

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.2.12  Gordy327  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.2.10    4 years ago
Zeus is not a Judeo-Christian god. Try again

Does it matter? All gods are essentially the same.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.13  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @4.2.9    4 years ago

Actually it was and is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.  So much so that I apologize to no one for saying it and double down on it. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.14  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @4.2.12    4 years ago

There is only one true God.  All the others are frauds and false created by the evil one in the minds of men and women.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.15  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.14    4 years ago

The vast majority of the planet does not believe in what you call the 'true God' so why are you so certain you are correct?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.2.16  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.13    4 years ago
Actually it was and is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.  So much so that I apologize to no one for saying it and double down on it. 

No, it was a libelous statement with nothing to back it up. And doubling down on it on shows you doubling down on your dishonesty.

There is only one true God.  All the others are frauds and false created by the evil one in the minds of men and women.

That's nice. Prove it! Because until you do, your god is no more "true" or real than anyone else's god/s. That's also quite the arrogant statement to make. So, as TiG asked, why [or how] are you so certain? What makes you right and everyone else wrong?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.17  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.15    4 years ago

The path to salvation and eternal life is narrow and less well travelled with the path to destruction and eternal separation from God and life is wide and heavily traveled.  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.2.18  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.17    4 years ago

Proselytizing nonsense doesn't address the questions or challenges posed to you. But your obvious evasion tactic is obvious and intellectually dishonest.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.19  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.17    4 years ago

Yeah, that makes sense.   God engineers things so that the super-majority of human beings on Earth will be eternally separated from Him.   I suppose if He is no longer willing to kill everyone on the planet with a flood, He can just go with eternal separation.   A manufacturing process with a 75% reject rate; brilliant!

Some people eventually realize that religions simply do not make sense (a profound hint that they are man-made) and break free.   Others continue to parrot ridiculous 'logic' and abide by ill-conceived man-made rules sold as the word of God.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.2.20  Gordy327  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.19    4 years ago
   Others continue to parrot ridiculous 'logic' and abide by ill-conceived man-made rules sold as the word of God

I suppose some are so into their deity, they'll reject any semblance of logic or reality. It's delusion at its finest.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.2.21  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.14    4 years ago
There is only one true God.

I patiently wait for you to prove that. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.2.22  MrFrost  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.19    4 years ago
I suppose if He is no longer willing to kill everyone on the planet with a flood

Fun fact:

There is a place in Hawaii, (I forget the name), that had rain for 238 days in a row... No world wide flood. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4.2.23  lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.14    4 years ago

Incorrect..there are many faiths and many gods...your faith does not corner the market on god.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.2.25  Gordy327  replied to  lady in black @4.2.23    4 years ago
Incorrect..there are many faiths and many gods...your faith does not corner the market on god.

He just [Deleted] thinks his god/faith are the "true" ones and all others are false and evil.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.2.26  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.2    4 years ago
Does a "religious hero" continually break commandments?

Does a "religious hero" continually engage in adultery, and covet his own daughter's body?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @4    4 years ago

Trump is an imperfect vessel carrying out Gods will for America at this time.  Us humans are in no position to question God as to why He chose Trump.  Other more moral men failed to lead where Trump has done so.   

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.1  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3    4 years ago
Trump is an imperfect vessel carrying out Gods will for America at this time. 

Do you think Trump is getting his instructions from God?

Us humans are in no position to question God as to why He chose Trump. 

God chose Trump?   What happened to free will?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.3.2  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3    4 years ago
Trump is an imperfect vessel carrying out Gods will for America at this time.  

I would think god would have higher standards.

Us humans are in no position to question God as to why He chose Trump.

Why not?

Other more moral men failed to lead where Trump has done so.  

So morality isn't important in a President then, is that it?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3    4 years ago
Trump is an imperfect vessel carrying out Gods will for America at this time.  Us humans are in no position to question God as to why He chose Trump.  Other more moral men failed to lead where Trump has done so.  

I would call that a rather pathetic rationalization. We have this shitty human being running the country so let's just pretend that God wants it this way. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.3.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.1    4 years ago

Trump chose to act upon his being called by God.  He could have not followed through like others before him.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.3.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.3    4 years ago

He did want it this way.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.6  author  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3.4    4 years ago
Trump chose to act upon his being called by God.  He could have not followed through like others before him.  

Oh please, that is fucking ridiculous.  Trump is a malignant narcissist. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.3.7  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3.4    4 years ago
Trump chose to act upon his being called by God.

You're pranking us, right ?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.8  TᵢG  replied to  pat wilson @4.3.7    4 years ago

He is not.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.3.9  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3.4    4 years ago

Wasn't the same said of George W. Bush? And you base your ridiculous statement on what, exactly?

He did want it this way. 

And how do you know this exactly?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.10  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.6    4 years ago
Trump is a malignant narcissist. 

Obviously God wanted a malignant narcissist this time.   'Mysterious ways' and all that.   Apparently there is a need for high-profile classless tweeting too;  very mysterious.

CB
Professor Principal
4.3.11  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3    4 years ago

And yet you had all kinds of oughts with other presidents, specifically the former President who served you and yours for eight years Barack Hussein Obama. To this moment, you persist in implying President Obama has horns which he can shine when alone with his family! 

Romans 13: 1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

And herein lies the rub (in blue). President Donald Trump is a pretender. Someone masquerading as an angel of light, but we are not ignorant to such 'displays.' It is those activities of the governing authority which defines and signifies God's providential activity in the Leader. Else wise, how would you distinguish one leader from its total opposite?

You and yours are exposed again. For a good deed you then condemned former president Obama who sat with this nation's dead citizens and tended to the deaths of our  gunned down children. He even delivered us from the grasping palm of a 'great' recession. He worked eight long years to a symbol of U.S. character in the office and out and beyond. Still, you and yours curse him a a form of sport!

President Donald Trump mocked his predecessor before and upon taking over the office. Donald Trump stood on the former president's shoulders and pissed down his leg onto his 'elder,' Donald Trump has lied to me, you, us, and the world to the count of 14,000 times plus and you and yours render no modest public rebuke! You, even yours, can not identify when Trump is lying , misleading, or omitting facts to suit any flight of fancy he is whimsical over and you give him-that man-your laurels. 

How dare you suggest that we, and your children, follow that poser Trump. How dare you lift Trump up before us to adore. Be ashamed, conservatism. Be ashamed even when you can not be shamed.

CB
Professor Principal
4.3.12  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3.4    4 years ago

God wanted this Trump the malignant liar, and deceitful manipulator to be impeached? Did God not call his servant Pharaoh, and in due time God set upon him to be brought down low because of his arrogant conduct towards Moses who evenly stated: "Did God Say?"

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.13  TᵢG  replied to  CB @4.3.12    4 years ago

Romans 13:1 is often interpreted as: God chooses the leaders of a nation .   HA, I presume, believes God chose Trump based on that biblical verse.   He is not alone in this belief.

Note also that HA directly contradicts himself because Obama would have also been chosen by God.

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

CB
Professor Principal
4.3.14  CB  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.13    4 years ago

"Pastor Jeffries" @ 55 seconds in the video above uttered a similar affront! What Heartland American and others are doing is considered scripture twisting. In doing so, both men are pulling what they need to cover themselves and their desires to aid God in bringing about some kingdom of Heaven—as if God needs such "help" and as if God can be rushed.

What these so-called leaders are doing is reminiscent of men who rage stubborn and unholy wars! Men who murder "witches" in God's name. And people who reject others as outcasts in their societies simply because they "wait on God" in a different state of being than themselves.

We must do what we can to make sure President Donald Trump, the malignant liar, the abuser with his tongue, the shameless denigrator, a fool who would dare amuse himself by labeling himself, "The Chosen One." Without ever comprehending that the title and its adjoining crown rests on the being of a humble character and disposition. 

Justice Ginsberg needs to rest from her efforts and labors. She can not continue at this. Trump and McConnell must not appoint her replacement or any other courts federal head starting in 2021. It would be an opening to legal "depravity" as one political side makes impotent, cancel out, and/or erases entirely its opposing legal officers.

We need all the help we can muster to overwhelm the wiles which are coming online even now and in the coming months!

Everything is at stake! We have only 'tasted' the tip of Donald Trump;s outrages.  Four more years unbridled. God spare this union.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.3.15  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3    4 years ago
Other more moral men failed to lead where Trump has done so.  

1) Not true. 

2) Trump is the LEAST moral president this country has ever seen. Full stop. 

If lying is a sin, Pence and Trump better pack a lot of sunscreen for the afterlife. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4.3.16  lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3    4 years ago

Crooked donnie does not do god's work 

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
4.3.17  Larry Hampton  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3    4 years ago

So then Heartland, was king Saul God’s chosen man?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.3.18  Raven Wing  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.13    4 years ago
HA, I presume, believes God chose Trump based on that biblical verse.   He is not alone in this belief.

Based upon Trump's background and deviant and depraved behavior, I would think more along the lines that Satan chose Trump for our President. The Creator would puke at the idea that he would choose such a person.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.3.19  XXJefferson51  replied to  Raven Wing @4.3.18    4 years ago

You don’t know The Bible and the persons who did far worse things than Trump ever did who God won over and used to to great things thereafter.  There are going to be people in Heaven surprised to find those who were evil in their lives who might have even ended their life but converted later.  To think that Trump is uniquely beyond redemption and salvation is not consistent with any known religious system other than satanism 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.3.20  XXJefferson51  replied to  Larry Hampton @4.3.17    4 years ago

For a time, yes he was.  He let the power God have him go to his head along with his desire to be popular with the people rather than obey God.  When he let livestock and humans of the Amelekites survive after God directed otherwise he was no longer chosen by God.  If he wanted to still be saved and forgiven he could have abdicated at that point.  The result of Sauls sin was that the queen who escaped was pregnant and her offspring led hundred of years later to Hamaan who almost destroyed the entire Jewish population in the time of queen Esther. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.3.21  XXJefferson51  replied to  lady in black @4.3.16    4 years ago

Yes he does.  Advocating for religious freedom all around the world.  Defending the Church from its secular enemies at home, defending life, defending the right of believers to free exercise of their beliefs in their lives, advancing faith based charity. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.3.22  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @4.3.13    4 years ago

When did I ever say God didn’t appoint Obama for His purposes?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.3.23  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.6    4 years ago

So is Trump so malignant, so evil, such a force for darkness that it is beyond the power of God to change him, to forgive him, to save him?  Is that your view of our God as a fellow Christian? 

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
4.3.24  Larry Hampton  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3.20    4 years ago

He let the power God have him go to his head along with his desire to be popular with the people rather than obey God.

Yet that isn’t the main reason why his kingdom failed is it Heartland? Scripture is absolutely clear here. Israel wanted a king now, even against God’s own admonition. They desired a savior, rejecting that God was that for them. The religious establishment had failed in it’s duty to serve Faithfully; and, the people were tired of the up and down cycles that the Judges represented. They wanted a king just like their neighbors had, no matter if it was willed by God or not. God even told Samuel that in their choice they were rejecting God.
God later said that he was sorry he ever even made Saul king. How many times in scripture does it say God was sorry?

The reason why Israel fell so very hard here is not simply because they had an ungodly King, it is because they demanded that he govern them in the first place. They lost faith God would take care of them, insisting instead that the “chosen man” Saul would.

Familiar plot.    

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.3.25  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.3.22    4 years ago

Oh, are you an Obama supporter?

CB
Professor Principal
5  CB    4 years ago

I am glad to see the support finally arriving from conservatives who know how the game is won! The video should prick some on the right in their spirits!

CB
Professor Principal
6  CB    4 years ago

Trump's, "Grab them by the [fill in the blank]." is illustrative of Trump's worldview. Somewhere in his heart of hearts I imagine Trump truly believes he is a good person doing good for all of us. After the manner of pouring 'gallons' of castor oil down the nation's throat and by extension the world for both's own good. 

The issue here is that other presidents knew what was being asked of them, but they also knew that forcing free people to 'kneel' would invite backlash and resistance. So they all modulated and diluted their approaches to governing. Taking and passing only so much. 

However, this now highlights the supporters of Donald Trump as president. These "never satisfied" supporters (like Hannity, Limbaugh, and conservative think tanks) who can not be content to share the country with their fellows, but want the country to wholly be governed after their ideas.

That is a quick thought. Coffee time.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1  Split Personality  replied to  CB @6    4 years ago
That is a quick thought. Coffee time.

I've hit that age where any coffee during the day will keep me up all night ( to the consternation of some people here)

and it's just to early for wine, jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Ender  replied to  Split Personality @6.1    4 years ago

My Grandparent always had a cup of coffee at night while watching the news before bed.

I like my coffee with a little kick.  Haha

and it's just to early for wine

It is always five o'clock somewhere.  : )

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Ender @6.1.1    4 years ago

I am waiting for the NFL playoffs. LOL

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.3  CB  replied to  Split Personality @6.1    4 years ago

HA!

I need just one mug a day and I try to make it off it. Although, I do add a number of "additives" to myself to carry over. Maybe, one less additive and I can get back to bed earlier than I do! Hmm. Thinking. . . . 

See? This is why it is good to have people in the virtual world to bounce some honest STUFF off: Y'all may pick up on what others in the real world miss!

GregTx
PhD Guide
6.1.4  GregTx  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.2    4 years ago

Who's your picks for today?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.5  Split Personality  replied to  GregTx @6.1.4    4 years ago

It's ugly but I have never thought much of Cousins, his record on Monday nights and in the playoffs is dismal. 

SF is better and they are at home.

I could care less about the Titans but Baltimore looks unstoppable at this point, especially at home

( Empty Bank stadium is empty no more, lol )

I'm going with the home teams jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

GregTx
PhD Guide
6.1.6  GregTx  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.5    4 years ago

Yeah, I figure it's going to be the home teams. Although I would really like for it to be the Texans and the Titans in the AFC championship game.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.7  Split Personality  replied to  GregTx @6.1.6    4 years ago

I am rooting for the Texans also.

My grandson is a big Titans fan

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.8  XXJefferson51  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.7    4 years ago

It’s all about the 49ers!  At least this time we have a real QB unlike that idiot who cost us the super bowl last time we made the playoffs.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.9  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1.8    4 years ago

The 49ers represent the west coast elitist of urban CA, sorry,

You Jeffersonian separatists need your own team. jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

(sorry, could not resist)

Glad the 49er's won, I can wear my jersey one more time.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.1.10  KDMichigan  replied to  Split Personality @6.1    4 years ago

[deleted]

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.11  Split Personality  replied to  KDMichigan @6.1.10    4 years ago

[deleted]

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.12  Split Personality  replied to  KDMichigan @6.1.10    4 years ago

By the way, you are so far off topic dude........

jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.1.13  KDMichigan  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.12    4 years ago

[deleted]

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.14  Split Personality  replied to  KDMichigan @6.1.13    4 years ago

oh my bad, I thought this was HA's seed and here it's JR's.

these comments might stand quite a bit longer than I originally thought

or as someone here is fond of saying.

"lighten up Frances".

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1.15  MrFrost  replied to  Split Personality @6.1    4 years ago
I've hit that age where any coffee during the day will keep me up all night

Yep, I am getting there. If I drink caffeine after 4pm, i'll be up until 2am. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1.16  MrFrost  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.14    4 years ago

Just my opinion but... Some people derail in the natural course of conversation with no malicious intent. Then there are those that derail because they enjoy taking the thread off topic/pissing people off with BS comments. 

IMHO.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.17  Split Personality  replied to  GregTx @6.1.6    4 years ago

Totally shocked in the Baltimore gamejrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

But that's why they play the games, lol

Texans up next ( fingers crossed )

GregTx
PhD Guide
6.1.18  GregTx  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.17    4 years ago

Go Texans!!

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.19  Ender  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.17    4 years ago

I was upset when the Saints choked. Now I don't care.  Haha

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.20  Split Personality  replied to  GregTx @6.1.18    4 years ago

great start !!

GregTx
PhD Guide
6.1.21  GregTx  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.20    4 years ago

Yeah it is. Maybe being a top seed and having that time off isn't really as good a thing as it seems.

GregTx
PhD Guide
6.1.22  GregTx  replied to  GregTx @6.1.21    4 years ago

WTF?....... nevermind

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.23  Split Personality  replied to  GregTx @6.1.22    4 years ago

Time is running out...jrSmiley_1_smiley_image.png darn it.

GregTx
PhD Guide
6.1.24  GregTx  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.23    4 years ago

Yeah, the way the defence played in this game I'm not sure they would have had much of a chance against Tennessee even at home. 😶 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.25  XXJefferson51  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.14    4 years ago

[Deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.26  XXJefferson51  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.14    4 years ago

[Deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.27  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1.25    4 years ago

🤐

CB
Professor Principal
7  CB    4 years ago

I just watched the video for a second time: It was worse this time around. I think I got more out of it and it's bad. Trump doesn't understand repentance? Nor forgiven? May be it is because he is a man full of pride and himself!

The Lincoln Project has got to get this ad out and on the air! Bring it on, Lincoln Project. Republicans are responsible for this "character-blight" on our country. It will be the patriotic duty of righteous republicans to see that Trump does not get reelected this fall!

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8  bbl-1    4 years ago

The video is just a video.

However.  My cousin from Louisiana told me that, "Trump was sent to us by God and those who will not accept ( HIM ? ? ) will perish."

My friends, against that there is no defense.  She is serious..

CB
Professor Principal
8.1  CB  replied to  bbl-1 @8    4 years ago

And I am serious when I say to you, rebuke her (in the name of the Lord), in hopes of convicting her to consider her ways at issuing curses out of turn. Note: For the faithful "rebuking" in the manner suggested is a serious matter.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  CB @8.1    4 years ago

Can not rebuke.  Nothing to rebuke.  The Shadow of The Deceiver has over taken christianity.

The lines are drawn.  Lucifer smiles.

Rev. Hagee, "We will see the face of God in a thermonuclear explosion."

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8.1.2  bbl-1  replied to  CB @8.1    4 years ago

Can not rebuke her or her followers.  The Shadow of The Deceiver has infiltrated christianity.

Rev. Hagee.  "We will see the face of God in a thermonuclear explosion."

Lucifer is pleased.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
8.2  Gordy327  replied to  bbl-1 @8    4 years ago
My friends, against that there is no defense. 

Except laughter. And perhaps a padded cell.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8.2.1  bbl-1  replied to  Gordy327 @8.2    4 years ago

"Padded cell."  ? ?

They vote. 

I even posed this to her and her friends.  I asked, "If Stephanie Clifford and Karen McDougal were angels sent by God to comfort Trump in his time of need."  Their reply was, "God works in mysterious ways."

Yeah, padded cells.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
8.2.2  Gordy327  replied to  bbl-1 @8.2.1    4 years ago

To be fair, Stormy & Karen look like they can certainly comfort. I would find a need to be comforted too jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.2.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @8.2    4 years ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @8    4 years ago

She’s right!  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8.3.1  bbl-1  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.3    4 years ago

Right about what, CH4P?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.3.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @8.3.1    4 years ago

🤐

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.3.3  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.3    4 years ago
She’s right!  

You do realize that if trump was sent by god, that means Obama was sent by god as well. Right? 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.3.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @8.3.1    4 years ago

Everything 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8.3.5  bbl-1  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.3.4    4 years ago

Or nothing.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @8    4 years ago

And she is right on in all you say she said.

charger 383
Professor Silent
9  charger 383    4 years ago

Where has God been?  We have not heard from him in a long time

Why won't he show us he is the One True God so we will know he is the one?   I won't believe second hand reports or something written long. long ago and rewritten many times

If he is real and all knowing, then he can see many of what he made does need evidence to believe 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  charger 383 @9    4 years ago

The topic of this article is not whether or not God exists. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1    4 years ago

But God is a big fan of the church of MAGA. 

JBB
Professor Principal
9.1.2  JBB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.1    4 years ago

You falsely equated god with the damn gop...

Christ foretold of many such false prophets!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.1    4 years ago

But God is a big fan of the church of MAGA. 

If God has no morals at all, I could agree with you. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1.5  XXJefferson51  replied to    4 years ago

Patronizing New Ad Aimed At Christians Highlights Never Trump’s Lingering Flaws

There's a strain of contempt or arrogance or both in the Never Trump movement that prevents it from making some arguments that are legitimately worth hearing.

It’s beyond parody, really, the so-called Lincoln Project’s first big thrust at persuading center-right voters to abandon President Trump in 2020. It’s also sad, and I say that sincerely. If ever there were an opportunity for Beltway insiders to reacquaint themselves with Republican voters, it’s now, when the erstwhile host of “Celebrity Apprentice” remains their preferred leader. But perhaps the saddest part of this entire sad saga is that they might be actually trying.

Of course, they’re also failing for all the same reasons they missed Trump’s rise in the first place. When I say “they,” I’m referring to the Never Trump braintrust behind this project, which includes people like George Conway, Steve Schmidt, John Weaver, and Rick Wilson, among others.

“The MAGA Church,” the group’s first digital video, is a nearly three-minute spot that misses the point more spectacularly than should be possible after almost five years of the Trump phenomenon. Bearing in mind the project says its “efforts are aimed at persuading enough disaffected conservatives, Republicans and Republican-leaning independents in swing states and districts to help ensure a victory in the Electoral College,” consider the video.

Juxtaposing obsequious soundbites from MAGA world’s evangelical stewards with soundbites of Trump calling people “p-ussies” will persuade precisely no one. That’s because the chunk of Trump’s supporters who genuinely believe him to be of outstanding Christian character à la Robert Jeffress is not especially large—and you won’t find many swing voters in it.

Conservative Christian Trump supporters generally don’t need to be convinced of his flawed character. It’s simply not their priority when the Democratic alternatives are as radical as they believe them to be, and the president’s policies align more with their own than establishment Republicans’.

Efforts to argue against that—the logic that Trump’s willingness to fight bitterly in their favor, and against an increasingly radical left, is worth electing a morally dubious president—would be the playbook of a Lincoln Project that understood the president’s supporters. And it would be much more effective. There’s still a bargain and a cost-benefit-analysis involved, but a more nuanced one than Never Trump has ever really understood, despite having years and all the motivation in the world to get to the bottom of it.

“MAGA Church” identifies a problem plenty of Christian Trump voters get. What it doesn’t do is make any substantive effort to argue against their logic for lowering it on the list of priorities, and instead sneeringly carries on as though they’ve been too blinded to really ever consider the matter. They have.

David Brody described this dynamic in The New York Times almost two years ago. “Does Mr. Trump have moral failings? Yes. Critics will suggest a hypocrisy coming from evangelical leaders who are quick to denounce the ethical failings of others who don’t have an ‘R’ next to their name,” he wrote. “But the goal of evangelicals has always been winning the larger battle over control of the culture, not to get mired in the moral failings of each and every candidate. For evangelicals, voting in the macro is the moral thing to do, even if the candidate is morally flawed. Evangelicals have tried the ‘moral’ candidate before.”

Indeed, it’s well-worth noting they might argue the people behind this very video presided over the massive losses conservatives have suffered in that “larger battle” of late, which is a massive part of their cost-benefit-analysis on Trump.

A salient question to ask this group of voters, for instance, would be whether they are more offended by a bad-mouthed president or by federal funding of Planned Parenthood. I think there are reasonable perspectives on both sides of that argument, but it’s clear where most Republican voters stand. Or at least it should be by now.

That leads me to my final point. It’s possible the Lincoln Project understands questions like that one are at the heart of the issue, and simply despise the conclusion on which so many Republican voters have landed. If that’s the case, “MAGA Church” won’t exactly move hearts and minds.

That’s why it’s also possible this video is more aimed at dunking on Christian Trump supporters than persuading them, scratching that deep itch for cheap catharsis Never Trump just can’t ignore, and pleasing the consultants’ donor cohort without moving the needle. That’s basically how the worst kind of Swamp consultants operate.

All of this ultimately exposes a sad reality. There’s a strain of contempt or arrogance or both in the Never Trump movement that prevents it from making some arguments that are legitimately worth hearing. A healthy political party tolerates disagreement (and that goes both ways)—iron sharpens iron, after all—but messages like this one are alienating because they’re based on unfair attitudes about the electorate, and are patronizing. We’ve had long enough to understand that’s always been a pretty serious part of the problem for the voters who gravitated towards Trump.

Emily Jashinsky is culture editor at The Federalist. You can follow her on Twitter @emilyjashinsky .  

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.7  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.5    4 years ago
David Brody described this dynamic in The  New York Times  almost two years ago. “Does Mr. Trump have moral failings? Yes. Critics will suggest a hypocrisy coming from evangelical leaders who are quick to denounce the ethical failings of others who don’t have an ‘R’ next to their name,” he wrote. “But the goal of evangelicals has always been winning the larger battle over control of the culture, not to get mired in the moral failings of each and every candidate. For evangelicals, voting in the macro is the moral thing to do, even if the candidate is morally flawed. Evangelicals have tried the ‘moral’ candidate before.”

If only you knew how STUPID that sounds coming from evangelicals. So if God wanted to "win the larger battle" why patiently make a world that proceeds along a evolving course of personal generational development? Why does God not dispense with all critics, squash dissent universally, and just make the new Heaven poof into existence immediately?

That is the moral failing in the Right-wing evangelical mind! And I emphasize "Right-wing evangelical," as you all are not the whole of the evangelical church good name you wish to usurp after doing major damages to your own sect.

God gave the Church one charge: To love and example God's Spirit (mind) on Earth.

It was supposed, mark you suppose, to be people as you and me, that the world can see God's spirit inside! However, some religious folks, as in every generation, without fail, manage to get a little power and go running around deluding themselves on their importance to God and abuse their itty-bitty portion. Thus, these foolish and arrogant people put the name of God up for a mockery. Instead of God being glorified because of these people-God is denigrated and rejected.

God does not need any man or woman to get out ahead of the plan of salvation. It is God's salvation plan foremost.

Right-wing evangelicals! Get back into your proper lane! Fix yourselves! God is in charge of appointed times and days. There is nothing you can say or do which will change that—or expect God to throw a wrench into your 'well-oiled' political engine yet again!

Get back to honesty and truth. And above all, stop letting President Donald Trump use your minds as one continuous, contiguous, political fun-house!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1.8  XXJefferson51  replied to    4 years ago

As if we looking at two people of questionable morals are supposed to vote for the immoral one who disagrees with everything we stand for as Christian Americans instead of one who sought our support and will actually put some of our goals into law.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1.9  XXJefferson51  replied to  CB @9.1.7    4 years ago

again, there was nothing moral or wholesome about Hillary either.  At least Trump is doing policies that will give us time to get the glorious message of salvation through faith and belief in Jesus to the whole world.  God uses imperfect people to carry out his will and I’m not ready to write off the possibility that Trump himself is undergoing transformation and can be saved, may already be since he walked down that escalator in 2015.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.10  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.9    4 years ago
At least Trump is doing policies that will give us time to get the glorious message of salvation through faith and belief in Jesus to the whole world.

President Donald Trump is not simply an imperfect vessel he is an abusive vessel besides. Moreover, I can tell you he is abusive because of the lies, the selfish manipulation of other people's careers, using people and maligning them when they discover it, namecalling people as a ploy to escape deep and meaningful long-term interactions with me, cursing in public rallies no matter the presence of impressionables, forcing people to choose to stand with him against their better judgment, and going to extremes to not get caught running his administration as a scoundrel by hiding everything and swearing people to silence.

Conservatives have gotten more than you asked for in Donald Trump. Donald, he knows this. Trump has 65 million of you conservatives eating out of his hand and not the other way around.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
9.1.11  bbl-1  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.1    4 years ago

Lucifer is not a God.  He is a fallen angel.  The MAGA church dwells in The Shadow.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
11  Sparty On    4 years ago

The Lincoln Project?    A group of “prominent” republicans?

Now there is a supposition that is laughable.    I admit I’m not involved much in republican or democrat politics but I’ve never heard of any of them.    Looking them up, some are FORMER republicans, some are never Trumpers and some are clearly RINO’s.    Hardly prominent .... any of them from what I’ve seen.

Sad attempt at pressing your narrative John.   Very sad

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sparty On @11    4 years ago

The whole idea that these four men speak for anyone in the GOP now is simply ridiculous 

CB
Professor Principal
11.1.1  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @11.1    4 years ago

Funny are the shifting sands beneath today's Trump Republican Party. Gone are the lost 'dearly Departed.' One of those four men speaking is getting his power through his wife, Kellyanne Conway's role as a powerful White House presidential counselor. How ridiculous is Kellyanne Conway to allow her power to mix with that of her husband a Trump critic? 'Stranger things,' indeed!

CB
Professor Principal
11.2  CB  replied to  Sparty On @11    4 years ago

And yet once upon a time in a party not long ago; a republican party "baby" in quotes was split in two because of a solitary figure: Donald J. Trump.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
12  Steve Ott    4 years ago

[Deleted]

The only way the Trump is being used by god is the same way that the kings of babylon, assyria and persia were used by god. To punish those chosen of god.

Good luck to ya.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Steve Ott @12    4 years ago

[Deleted]

pat wilson
Professor Participates
12.1.1  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12.1    4 years ago

The exits are clearly marked.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  pat wilson @12.1.1    4 years ago

They are but I’m not taking one.  You’re stuck with me though I may be spending three days on a competing site.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Steve Ott @12    4 years ago

Actually some of those very kings were themselves converted to the One True God.