╌>

Woman claims she predicted Harry and Meghan Markle splitting from royal family by reading asparagus spears

Category:  Stranger Than Fiction

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  4 years ago  •  29 comments

By:   Alexandra Deabler

Woman claims she predicted Harry and Meghan Markle splitting from royal family by reading asparagus spears

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

00ddc093-harry-and-vegha-461821.jpg?ve=1

Jemima Packington, 64, reportedly the world’s only "asparamancer," says she is able to see the future by throwing asparagus into the air.  (SWNS)

It was written in the   spears .

The   royal family news   that shocked the world on Wednesday apparently did not come as a surprise to one woman in England: Self-proclaimed fortune teller Jemima Packington is claiming she predicted   Harry and Meghan Markle   would step back from the royal family after "reading" some asparagus spears.

Packington, 64, reportedly the world’s only "asparamancer," says she is able to see the future by throwing asparagus into the air and then observing how the spears land on the ground, British news agency SWNS reports.

“When I cast the asparagus, it creates patterns and it is the patterns I interpret,” the vegetable-reader said, explaining she inherited the ability from her aunt who read tea leaves, and has been predicting the future since she was 8 years old.

harry-and-vegha-461818.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Packington said she inherited the gift from her aunt who used to read tea leaves.  (SWNS)

"I am usually about 75-90 percent accurate with my predictions. I go through my predictions each year and think: 'Yep, that's happened, yep, that's happened,'” the woman from Bath, Somerset, added.

Packington admits sometimes she doesn’t “quite read it correctly,” but claims she is “never far off” with her predictions.

Among her previous prophecies, Packington said that many have proven true, alleging that she was able to predict Brexit, England winning the Cricket World Cup and Theresa May being pushed out as Prime Minister.

harry-and-vegha-461816.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Packington has been predicting the future since she was 8 years old, she says.  (SWNS)

As for her broad 2020 predictions – outside of the Royal Family – Packington said she foresees “a real shake-up of the major political parties,” “sports and sporting personalities will be embroiled in scandals,” and “concerns about global warming will again take center stage — but more countries will take action to minimize the threat to the planet."

Packington, however, did not disclose any lottery numbers or Super Bowl projections, so looks like you'll just have to roll the dice on those.

Alexandra Deabler is a Lifestyle writer and editor for Fox News.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

There's never a time in your life when you can think you've seen everything.

Actually, my late elderly aunt used to read tea leaves, but I don't recall if she was ever able to predict the future.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    4 years ago
Actually, my late elderly aunt used to read tea leaves, but I don't recall if she was ever able to predict the future.

Maybe she wasn't trying to predict the future-- but merely trying to decide if she wanted milk or Lemon in her tea? jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1.2    4 years ago

Oh, come on, Krishna, you know that the tea leaves left at the bottom of the cup once the tea has been drunk are what are read. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.1    4 years ago

Like this?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.3  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.2    4 years ago

Sorry, Sandy, I thought you knew I couldn't open YouTube. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.4  sandy-2021492  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.3    4 years ago

Sorry, Buzz, I forgot.  If you've seen the Harry Potter films, its a video of one of the professors (Trelawney, played by a batty-looking Emma Thompson) finding the Grim (a black dog that's a symbol of death) in his tea leaves.  But she found the Grim in most students' tea leaves.  She thought everybody was going to die.  I guess technically, she's eventually right about that.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.5  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.4    4 years ago

I only watched the first Harry Potter film, and maybe a few moments from others until I switched to something else.  I never saw the scene you've described, but thanks for describing it for me.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
2  Freefaller    4 years ago

Reading asparagus spears is a thing?  Guess I've never paused long enough while eating them (of course topped with melty cheese) to find out

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Freefaller @2    4 years ago
(of course topped with melty cheese)

This is a thing I could never get into: the whole melted cheese on vegetables thing. And I love cheese. 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Freefaller  replied to  Tacos! @2.1    4 years ago

It's a personal thing, mostly I just do butter (sometimes with garlic and/or herbs) but every now and then I do the melty cheese thing (only for asparagus, cauliflower or broccoli) .  For me that is next level tasty

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Freefaller @2    4 years ago

Does the cheese prevent your pee from smelling funny?

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
2.2.1  Freefaller  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2    4 years ago

Nope

PS:  If you think green asparagus makes pee smell bad try eating white asparagus.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Freefaller @2.2.1    4 years ago

I wonder if predictions are different if one throws white asparagus instead of green.  Personally, not being a racist, I really don't care what colour one throws, but if one were to throw a mixture of green and white someone's bound to call that miscegenation.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.3  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.2    4 years ago

Cheese does nothing to mask the smell of either .............believe me, lol

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
2.2.4  Freefaller  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.2    4 years ago
I wonder if predictions are different if one throws white asparagus instead of green

Probably not, I think her predictions are more dependant on what she smoked that day.

charger 383
Professor Silent
3  charger 383    4 years ago

I predict if you eat asparagus it will cause a smell in the bathroom 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  charger 383 @3    4 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    4 years ago
“When I cast the asparagus, it creates patterns and it is the patterns I interpret,” the vegetable-reader said

she also added, "it makes my pee smell funny,"

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tacos! @4    4 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5  Just Jim NC TttH    4 years ago

I read my alphabet vegetable soup................

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5    4 years ago

That's really funny.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

Maybe I'll take up reading the fish or chicken bones left after someone eats - I could make a fortune.. ,