╌>

10 Most Beautiful Movies Ever Made

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  4 years ago  •  10 comments

By:   No author indicated

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Cinematography is a well-known form of art, very often we see stunning picturesque landscapes and color schemes, high level camera work and a detailed composition. All of these things make most films beautiful and pleasant to watch. Let’s see which films will leave you in awe.

House of Flying Daggers (2004)

This dramatic martial arts film is beautiful in every way: fighting scenes are well choreographed, nature is vibrant and the story is truly fascinating. The wuxing color theory was used to construct the picture which made it look so good.

House-of-flying-daggers.jpg

The Life of Pi (2012)

Based on the book which changed the minds of many people, the film mainly takes place in the sea. The picture captured its audience; the sea became one of the main characters of the film. Its beauty and danger keep you watching ‘til the end.

The-Life-of-Pi.jpg

Avatar is one of the greatest sci-fi films by James Cameron and 3 Oscars prove that. The amazing 3D picture with great colors and revolutionary visual effects make this movie one of the most pleasant to watch. The cinematic views were inspired by real mountains in China which are also well worth a visit!

The Fall (2006)

This surrealistic film takes us on an adventure into a 6-year-old girl’s imagination. The magic of cinematography transforms reality; viewers can imagine themselves in the gorgeous locations showed in the movie (filmed in 28 countries!). While the storytelling was exciting, the images are even better.

The-Fall.jpg

Amelie (2001)

This romantic comedy will fool you into believing it is a simple love story, however, perfectly directed scenes and camera angles will charm you. The film highlights the little joys in life, it is so well produced that you start enjoying the atmosphere itself. This is one of the best non-English language films which actually give a strong message.

Amelie.jpg

What Dreams May Come (1998)

If you imagine your life to be a work of art, this film would be close to the painting. In this film heaven and hell collide in a great image of our own dreams. While the story is quite sad, the film is still very pleasant to watch.

What-Dreams-May-Come.jpg

The Shape Of Water (2017)

Guillermo del Toro is well known for his very different film style and fascination with monsters. That’s what we can enjoy in this film. Water is not the only main theme, it is something that unites and at the same time breaks the main characters apart.

The-Shape-Of-Water.jpg

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

Stanley Kubrick has always used unusual images to aid him in his unique cinematography style. As the film explores existentialism, special visual effects play a great role and make it a mesmerizing film to watch. These cutting-edge special effects changed the way sci-fi films were made and have also shaped modern movies.

2001-A-Space-Odyssey.jpg

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

Tolkien’s story has massively boosted the tourist industry in New Zealand. The views were so spectacular that many couldn’t believe that it was filmed in real locations. Even though some may not agree with the story itself, the chosen scenery compliments it very well. This is a truly beautiful film to watch if you love fantasy films.

The-Lord-of-the-Rings.jpg

The Revenant (2015)

The film which won Leonardo DiCaprio his first Oscar, shows that surviving in winter is harsh. Some might think that long shots of nature take away from the action, but it is this that shows the main character’s state of mind and the goal to seek vengeance.

The-Revenant-1024x683.jpg

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

I've only seen a few of those - Avatar, Life of Pi, Lord of the Rings and 2001:A Space Odyssey.  There are a couple I would add:

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

FilmBreakdown_CTHDCouple.jpg

Baraka

OIP.vHRqFZT2CsSF7NiLGu1AEQHaEY?pid=Api&r

There is one from way back in my past but I can't remember the name or the actors, all I can remember is a scene of a woman lying in a field of flowers (not Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz) and the background music was classical and beautiful.

What would YOU add to the list?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    4 years ago

Buz, those are absolutely beautiful in the aesthetic sense. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I think back to the movies of John Ford and his scenes from his two loves - America and his native Ireland.

The way he presented the American west was to me truly beautiful:

stagecoachmonumentvalley.jpg

screen-shot-2012-09-11-at-2-50-42-am.jpg

From Ireland (The Quiet Man):

the-quiet-man-118.png

thequietman.png

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2  Ed-NavDoc    4 years ago

Let's not forget "The Princess Bride". 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2    4 years ago

As you wish........

princess-bride.jpg

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    4 years ago

This list needs Hero and Samsara.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 years ago

I've seen that Samsara was included on other lists of beautiful movies.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6  It Is ME    4 years ago

" The last Samurai " was both Beautiful and Great.

Enemies learning from each other.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
7  livefreeordie    4 years ago

I put House of the Flying Daggers, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and Curse of the Golden Flowers at the Top

Quiet Man gets a top 10 nod