Social Security Lying, Disabled Dying

By:  forgotten46544  •  one week ago  •  31 comments

Work all your life and pay into a system that was never there. Deliberate denials while the disabled loose there homes and commit suicide. Having a lawyer is about worthless as its a fake court and a crap shoot on who gets approved. The social security administration lies are driving the disabled into bankruptcy and death as there is no accountability. Its simple made hard have a illness that causes you to miss a couple days a month and no gainful employer will keep you around. So hypothetically you could do every job in America and still be canned because your illness causes you to be unreliable. Your aloud to work some hours and receive disability because your less likely to have issues at work and be fired. The courts just came down on social security for illegally firing a disabled veteran for being disabled. The moral of the story they don't want you on disability or working for them.

Article is Locked by Moderator

smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
Find text within the comments Find 

forgotten46544
1  author  forgotten46544    one week ago

Last we knew over 1 million voters were abandoned by this unjust agency. Google judges urged to deny claims. Google social security scandal bigger than VA.

It Is ME
2  It Is ME    one week ago

Social Security is a Joke. It's no Security at all !

WallyW
3  WallyW    one week ago

Lots of fraud out there.....

https://oig.ssa.gov/audits-and-investigations/investigations/aug14/njindictment

Tessylo
4  Tessylo    one week ago

So I trust you won't take your SS benefits when you become eligible then?

MUVA
4.1  MUVA  replied to  Tessylo @4    one week ago

They are talking disabled my son qualifies but we decided he wouldn’t take it he is 23.

Tessylo
4.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  MUVA @4.1    4 days ago

I wasn't talking to MUVA, I was talking to It Is Me

Split Personality
4.2  Split Personality  replied to  Tessylo @4    4 days ago

MUVA is correct, the seeder is conflating Disability claims with retirement benefits.

MrFrost
5  MrFrost    one week ago

And now it, along with medicare, is being raped by the right wing to help pay for trumps tax cuts. They call these programs, "entitlements". Sorry, but if I worked for it all my life, it's EARNED, not an entitlement. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/teresaghilarducci/2019/08/23/trumps-second-term-plan-for-social-security-starve-the-beast/#7ed9b3343794

MUVA
5.1  MUVA  replied to  MrFrost @5    one week ago

Tax cuts cost nothing you are not entitled to your fellow citizens money.

Tessylo
5.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  MUVA @5.1    one week ago

We don't want their money.   They need to contribute their fair share 

It's the middle class who pay for the uber wealthy 

WallyW
5.1.2  WallyW  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.1    one week ago

They pay more than their fair share, in addition to yours.

MrFrost
5.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  MUVA @5.1    one week ago

Tax cuts cost nothing you are not entitled to your fellow citizens money.

They do cost us in the long run, it's called a deficit and debt. I posted the article to prove that point. Tax cuts mean less revenue for the federal government. Yes? Yes. So what happens when you reduce your income and increase spending? You create a deficit, which increases the debt. The problem is that the tax cuts were so deep, the feds cannot cover the loss with increases in jobs, which is what they hoped would happen, but it didn't. Now the right is going to take money YOU have earned, to pay for the shortfall caused by the tax cuts. It literally is stealing from the poor so the rich can pay even less in taxes, even though they could easily afford to pay more in taxes. 

Ozzwald
5.1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  WallyW @5.1.2    5 days ago

They pay more than their fair share, in addition to yours.

Do you ever research before you post?

For the first time in history, U.S. billionaires paid a lower tax rate than the working class last year

Tessylo
5.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.4    5 days ago

[deleted]

Thrawn 31
5.1.6  Thrawn 31  replied to  MUVA @5.1    5 days ago

If you are not entitled to your fellow citizens well-being then why even call yourselves citizens? What is a country if not the make up of its citizens?

Ozzwald
5.1.7  Ozzwald  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.5    4 days ago
No, HE NEVER DOES.  He's only here to piss off the libs.

And, once again, when facts come out, Wally runs away and disappears.

bugsy
5.2  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @5    one week ago
with medicare, is being raped by the right wing

Where were you when Obama took 500 billion from Medicare to pay for the freeloaders Obamacare?

MrFrost
5.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @5.2    one week ago

Where were you when Obama took 500 billion from Medicare to pay for the freeloaders Obamacare?

I was opposed to that as well. But I will not sit here and explain to you what I suspect you already know, but refuse to admit. Better things to do with my time. 

Thrawn 31
5.2.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  bugsy @5.2    5 days ago

Who exactly are the "freeloaders?" I am legitimately curious who you consider to be freeloaders. 

dennis smith
5.3  dennis smith  replied to  MrFrost @5    one week ago

For decades our governments (city, state and federal) have been unwilling/unable to control spending so every time they say they need to raise taxes, the bitch about not having enough money and find ways to squeeze more out of the population.

Finally we have a POTUS who has been willing to try to make changes to stop the insanity of having career politicians.

MrFrost
5.3.1  MrFrost  replied to  dennis smith @5.3    one week ago

Obama proposed middle class tax cuts at least 3 times that I can remember. Every time, the republican congress shot it down. Why? The cuts were not deep enough for the 1%er's. Feel free to look it up. 

dennis smith
5.3.2  dennis smith  replied to  MrFrost @5.3.1    one week ago

Claiming the cuts were not deep enough for the 1%er is speculation. Provide proof if you can and not with left wing talking points, but with facts.

Split Personality
5.3.3  Split Personality  replied to  dennis smith @5.3    4 days ago
Finally we have a POTUS who has been willing to try to make changes to stop the insanity of having career politicians.

and by golly, he wants his 8 years to do it, right? jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Freedom Warrior
5.4  Freedom Warrior  replied to  MrFrost @5    5 days ago

I can only laugh when I hear these sorts of proclamations about SSI and Medicare.  Of course it's a fucking entitlement program.  One paid for by working taxpayers.   You are just one of millions of taxpayers that help to support the ENTITLEMENT PROGRAM.  Plus, does the employer get any credit for their contribution? Or is that your money?  Doesn't frickin matter.  It's just another tax.  Arguably one that transfers wealth from higher earning taxpayers to those with lower lifetime earnings.

So, sure you have the illusion that there is some sort of account there for you but ultimately its merely a tax like any other tax. 

Dean Moriarty
8  Dean Moriarty    one week ago

Par for the course when it comes to government run programs. 

Vic Eldred
9  Vic Eldred    one week ago

Social Security Disability

The Social Security Disability Insurance program was enacted in 1956, more than two decades after the original Social Security Act. Before the cash benefit program was instituted in 1956, a disability freeze provision had been in place for 1 year that protected only the disabled worker's retirement benefit. At inception, the   DI   program covered only workers aged 50 or older and disabled adult children whose disability began before the age of 18. Dependents' benefits were added in 1958, and the age 50 requirement was eliminated in 1960. In 1967, disability benefits were added for disabled   widow(er)s . In 1972, disabled adult children who were disabled after the age of 18, but before the age of 22, became eligible.

The program is funded by a payroll tax of 7.65 percent of earnings (subject to a maximum) that applies to both the worker and the employer (15.3 percent total) and funds all Social Security programs and most of Medicare. 4   Self-employed individuals pay both portions, or 15.3 percent. The tax is allocated to separate trust funds: the employee and employer each contribute 0.9 percent to the Disability Insurance Trust Fund, 5.3 percent to the Old-Age and Survivors Insurance (OASI) Trust Fund, and 1.45 percent to the Hospital Insurance (HI) Trust Fund. The tax rate and the allocation of taxes to the trust funds have varied over time.

The benefits payable are calculated on the basis of the worker's earnings from Social Security–covered employment, and there are requirements to establish insured status. The worker's benefit is based on a measure of lifetime predisability earnings: average indexed monthly earnings (AIME). There is a   5-month   waiting period before benefits can start, and Medicare coverage is available after the worker has been entitled to disability benefits for 24 months. Benefits cease if the individual demonstrates the ability to engage in substantial gainful activity (SGA), medically improves, or dies. 5   At full retirement age (65 and 8 months in 2006), disability benefits are converted automatically to retirement benefits. There are work incentive provisions and access to vocational rehabilitation services to promote return to work, though few beneficiaries leave the program by returning to work. In December 2004, the average monthly benefit paid to a disabled worker was $880. Workers with a dependent spouse, children, or both had an average monthly benefit of about $1,390.

https://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/chartbooks/disability_trends/overview.html

That's when this add-on to Social Security came into effect.

How are Social Security and the SS Disability programs doing?

"The Social Security program’s costs will exceed its income in 2020 for the first time since 1982—two years later than officials projected last year—forcing the program to dip into its nearly $3 trillion trust fund to cover benefits.

But by 2035, those reserves will be depleted and Social Security will no longer be able to pay its full scheduled benefits, according to the latest annual report by the trustees of Social Security and Medicare released Monday....

The costs of both programs are projected to rise substantially as a share of the economy over the next 16 years, as a wave of retiring baby-boomers boosts the number of beneficiaries, and lower birth rates over the past few decades weigh on employment growth and economic output."

Under current law, after the OASI trust fund is fully depleted, Social Security will revert back to its original pay-as-you-go system, where the total amount of benefits that are paid out cannot exceed the amount of money it takes in through the Social Security payroll tax. That’s all the U.S. government has ever promised to pay after the OASI trust fund has been drained and, in this latest forecast, every American who might begin collecting Social Security retirement benefits before the OASI trust fund runs out of money in 2034 can expect to have their monthly income checks slashed by 23 percent after it does."

https://blog.independent.org/2019/04/25/wave-of-red-ink-set-to-strike-social-security/

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Freedom Warrior
9.1  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    5 days ago

Oh sure, but the government has a fancy computer that can issue checks just like they do every where else and the benefits will still be paid.  I'll bet a few trillion or so of the government's book keeping entry.

Citizen Kane-473667
9.2  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    3 days ago

Sounds to me like they need to eliminate the cap on earnings.

Split Personality
10  Split Personality    yesterday

no participation by the seeder/author - Locked