╌>

Trump retweets fake image of Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer in front of Iranian flag

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  57 comments

Trump retweets fake image of Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer in front of Iranian flag
Mr. Trump retweeted the image from an anonymous account with the alias "D0wn_Under." In the original tweet, "D0wn_Under" wrote: "the corrupted Dems trying their best to come to the Ayatollah's rescue." The same account has tweeted extensively about a conspiracy that Speaker Pelosi is supposedly aiding or working for Iran.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

EOJ35zXUYAA5Xjs?format=jpg&name=small

On Monday, President Trump retweeted a fake image of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senator Chuck Schumer in Middle Eastern garb standing in front of an Iranian flag. The poorly-photoshopped image showed Pelosi wearing hijab and Schumer with a turban on his head. "Democrats 2020," the text on the bottom of the image read.

Mr. Trump retweeted the image from an anonymous account with the alias "D0wn_Under." In the original tweet, "D0wn_Under" wrote: "the corrupted Dems trying their best to come to the Ayatollah's rescue." The same account has tweeted extensively about a conspiracy that Speaker Pelosi is supposedly aiding or working for Iran.

The fake image was just one of the anti-Pelosi messages the president retweeted on Monday, many of them using the same hashtag: #NancyPelosiFakeNews.   Bot Sentinel , a site that analyzes the behavior of Twitter accounts, said the hashtag was being widely spread by "inauthentic accounts" such as automated bots and anonymous trolls.

Christopher Bouzy

@cbouzy

Inauthentic accounts are amplifying #NancyPelosiFakeNews while simultaneously targeting her Twitter account and spreading disinformation about Nancy Pelosi. Source: https:// botsentinel.com/trending-topic s?date=2020-1-13&hour=13

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.....Pelosi sounded anything but sympathetic to Iran. She called Iranian General   Qassem Soleimani , who was killed in a U.S. drone strike, "a terrible person," and stated, "The motivations of Iran are bad. So there's not question about that."

Mr. Trump's series retweets also included a photo of Pelosi with Muslim-American Congresswoman Ilhan Omar.

On Monday, he also tweeted that the "Democrats and the Fake News are trying to make terrorist Soleimani into a wonderful guy, only because I did what should have been done for 20 years. Anything I do, whether it's the economy, military, or anything else, will be scorned by the Rafical Left [sic], Do Nothing Democrats!" 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

So now Trump is personally retweeting from fake anti-Pelosi conspiracy accounts. 

This seems normal or acceptable to some of you?  

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.1  squiggy  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

A cartoon? A meme? It was fake? That BASTARD. Another lie. I feel so stupid.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  squiggy @1.1    4 years ago

So you think the fact that the president of the United States is spreading information from fake and bot twitter accounts is amusing? 

Attitudes like that are why the country is so fucked up. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.1.2  katrix  replied to  squiggy @1.1    4 years ago
A cartoon? A meme? It was fake? That BASTARD. Another lie. I feel so stupid.

People who don't see anything wrong with this are what's wrong with our country.

Party over country - disgusting.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to    4 years ago

According to the story, the twitter account that Trump copied this from is likely a fake account and a malicious robot. 

That is as disturbing as the silly cartoon. Trump will do anything, including spread fake news from fake accounts, to advance his personal agenda. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.7  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.6    4 years ago

Yeah, telling the plain truth about Trump and his supporters is such spewing. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.1.9  pat wilson  replied to  squiggy @1.1    4 years ago
I feel so stupid.

If the shoe fits...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago
This seems normal or acceptable to some of you?  

About as acceptable as the President being called a Russian agent every day for 3 years

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3    4 years ago

Vic, you have no standards of behavior that you require this president to conform to. We already know that. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.1    4 years ago

You got that right, I'm far more interested in substance over form!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to    4 years ago
He  got elected because he doesn't conform to the old establishment bullshit

Is that your euphemism for lying thousands of times? 

He got elected because enough white people wanted to to take "their" country back to enable him to squeak out an electoral college win. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.2    4 years ago

Well at least you admit Trump is low. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.5    4 years ago

The resistance is low!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.8  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @1.3.7    4 years ago

You sound very angry.  Chill.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.9  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.2    4 years ago

Then you're backing the wrong horse in this 'president'

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.11  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @1.3.10    4 years ago

Quite angry.

Skank?  You shouldn't talk about your First Lady like that.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.13  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @1.3.12    4 years ago

Yeah, Melania is quite the skank.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.15  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @1.3.14    4 years ago

A skank by any other name is still a skank, Melania.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.3.16  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.15    4 years ago

And yet....................

"If I had a lot of money, I could have all the plastic surgery that she had also."

So it is jealousy then. Why else would one want to emulate?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.17  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3.16    4 years ago

No, it's not jealousy.  I don't need plastic surgery.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.18  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.17    4 years ago
I don't need plastic surgery.  

Ok....What does it mean?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.4  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago
So now Trump is personally retweeting from fake anti-Pelosi conspiracy accounts. 

It gets under the "Lefts" skin. jrSmiley_54_smiley_image.gif

I love it. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Trump just got the "Left" looking at that "Squirrel" again. jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

The U.S. and China ready to sign trade Agreement No. 1 ! jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

It is normal for Trump and totally unacceptable.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  Krishna    4 years ago

He's really started to get desperate about the effect impeachment on his popularity-- so he's desperately trying to distract from that....

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Krishna @2    4 years ago

There are a few Trumpsters who will see that photo , and see it in Trump's twitter, who will believe that because the president posted it , it is real.  These simple (minded) folk will think that Pelosi and Schumer actually did pose in front of an Iranian flag , and are wearing Muslim clothing, because they are really Muslims.  And such people will also vote for Trump. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1.1  katrix  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    4 years ago

Such people are too stupid to not vote for Trump, even without fake news.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    4 years ago

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3  MrFrost    4 years ago

Trump spreads more fake news than anyone. Obama never met with Rouhani, the photo was an obvious fake.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @3    4 years ago

Doesn't matter how many times you debunk the lies, they just keep peddling them over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4  lady in black    4 years ago

Once again Crooked donnie makes a mockery of the office of the presidency and his supporters lap up the crap he spews forth as gospel.  Sad, really sad.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  lady in black @4    4 years ago
 his supporters lap up the crap he spews forth as gospel.

LIB, this is why it is useless to try and reason with them.  I see so many people try to "persuade" Trumpsters on NT , and elsewhere, and it is just pointless.  Trumpism has to be defeated and thrown on the trash heap of history where all malignant ideologies and movements go. 

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
5  Larry Hampton    4 years ago

That's sadly typical of Rump's moral compass. Pathetic.