╌>

Lev Parnas Implicates Trump in First Public Comments: The President is ‘Lying,’ ‘He Was Aware of All My Movements’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  15 comments

Lev Parnas Implicates Trump in First Public Comments: The President is ‘Lying,’ ‘He Was Aware of All My Movements’

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

In an exclusive interview with MSNBC’s   Rachel Maddow , indicted campaign conspirator   Lev Parnas   implicated President   Donald Trump   in his secret Ukraine conduct, telling her: “Trump knew exactly what was going on.”

Speaking with the liberal cable news host, Parnas, who has publicly turned against Trump and former fried   Rudy Giuliani , directly accused the Trump of having “lied” about his lack of knowledge of the shadow foreign policy he and Giuliani were conducting. Parnas just provided Congress a   massive tranche of stunning documents   purporting to show that he and others were attempting to pressure Ukrainian President   Volodymyr Zelensky   to announce an investigation into   Joe Biden   and that they were physically and electronically stalking then-US Ambassador   Marie Yovanovitch , who was perceived to be resistant to their efforts to help the president.

“President Trump knew exactly what was going on,” Parnas claimed. “He was aware of all of my movements. I wouldn’t do anything without the consent of Rudy Giuliani or the president.”

Watch above, via MSNBC.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

The odds that Trump gets convicted and removed from office just went up considerably. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

It seems the Democrats have been sandbagging the Senate Republicans. They will continue producing evidence and putting pressure on the vulnerable Republicans to get on board. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3  MrFrost    4 years ago

I looked at fox news a couple of hours ago, there was absolutely no mention of ANY of this. Those who rely exclusively will claim this is all fake news when they do finally see it. All because for news is carrying trump's water for him. 

I just looked again, no mention of it on the front page. If it's there, it's buried. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  MrFrost @3    4 years ago

MSNBC is playing audio of the interview. It is real. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    4 years ago

Oh I know it's real, was just pointing out that if fox news runs this at all, it will be 5 links deep. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Giuliani reached out to Zelensky as Trump's personal lawyer to discuss a private matter

One particularly damning document was a letter from Giuliani to Zelensky dated May 10, 2019. In it, the former New York mayor told Zelensky, then Ukraine's president-elect, that he wanted to meet in person on May 13 and May 14.

" Just to be precise, I represent him as a private citizen, not as President of the United States," Giuliani wrote. "This is quite common under American law because the duties and privileges of a President and a private citizen are not the same."

One day before Giuliani wrote the letter, The New York Times reported that he wanted to meet with Ukrainian officials to discuss former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter. Specifically, he wanted the Ukrainian government to investigate Hunter Biden's involvement as a board member of the Ukrainian natural-gas company Burisma Holdings.

"We're not meddling in an election, we're meddling in an investigation, which we have a right to do," Giuliani told The Times when asked whether by going to Ukraine and pressing for the inquiry, he was inviting foreign interference in the 2020 election.

Trump and Giuliani's efforts to pressure Ukraine into delivering dirt on the Bidens and Burisma make up the center of Congress' impeachment proceedings against Trump, which charged him with abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @4    4 years ago

Giuliani's letter directly contradicts Trumps contention that all he wanted, acting as president of the United States, was for Ukraine to investigate "corruption" . 

Giuliani , acting on Trump's private behalf, was asking Ukraine to find negative information on Trump's political opponent.  Giuliani says he was acting on Trump's private behalf in the letter.  This is close to a smoking gun. 

user image
Freshman Silent
4.1.1    replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    4 years ago

[deleted]

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.1.2  pat wilson  replied to  @4.1.1    4 years ago

Lol, if trump walks pence would likely follow. Hello President Pelosi ! hahahahah

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @4.1.2    4 years ago

Keep that pipe dream alive!!

LOL!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    4 years ago
This is close to a smoking gun. 

This was all public in May. How is this new?

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.1.5  pat wilson  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.3    4 years ago

It's fun to think about but I have no illusions about the impeachment outcome.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.4    4 years ago

Parnas implicates Barr.  The whole Durham investigation is now totally suspect. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
5  PJ    4 years ago

The truth doesn't matter to those who must not be named.