Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  4 years ago  •  90 comments

By:   David Knowles, Editor, Yahoo News

Lev Parnas implicates Trump on the eve of Senate impeachment trial

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Yahoo News

Lev Parnas implicates Trump on the eve of Senate impeachment trial

yahoo_NEWS_Light.png January 15, 2020, 9:56 PM EST

Giuliani associate Lev Parnas implicates Trump on the eve of Senate impeachment trial

Lev Parnas, a key player in President Trump’s efforts to obtain a Ukrainian investigation of former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter, gave a bombshell interview to MSNBC Wednesday that undercut the president’s defense just hours before the Senate was scheduled to begin his impeachment trial.

“It was all about Joe Biden, Hunter Biden and also Rudy had a personal thing with the Manafort stuff,” Parnas said of the efforts to convince Ukraine’s government to announce an investigation of the Bidens, “but it was never about corruption, it was strictly about Burisma, which included Hunter Biden and Joe Biden.”

fc53f740-3803-11ea-9fb3-eff1fb00d568

Lev Parnas arriving at court in New York City, Dec. 2, 2019. (Photo: Seth Wenig/AP)

Parnas, a Soviet-born U.S. citizen who has been indicted by the Southern District of New York on campaign finance violations, turned over notes, text messages and other information to House investigators Wednesday. In his interview with Rachel Maddow, Parnas, who sat beside his lawyer, said he came forward because “I want to get the truth out because I think it’s important to the country, it’s important to me.”

Trump has sought to distance himself from Parnas and Igor Fruman, both of whom worked with Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s lawyer, on the efforts to pressure Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to announce an investigation of the Bidens, and on the campaign to oust U.S. Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch.

“I don’t know those gentlemen,” Trump said in October about Parnas and Fruman, despite the fact that the men had been photographed together numerous times.

“He lied,” Parnas said, adding, “He knew exactly who we were.”

Parnas said the president was fully aware that he was working with Giuliani to secure Zelensky’s cooperation in an effort to tarnish the reputation of Biden, the leading Democratic candidate to run against Trump this year.

83f1be90-380d-11ea-9bff-050d04d88a14

Lev Parnas on MSNBC's Rachel Maddow show on January 15, 2020. (Photo: Kelli R. Grant/Yahoo News)

"Trump knew exactly what was going on,” Parnas said, adding he “wouldn't do anything without consent of Rudy Giuliani or the president.”

Maddow asked Parnas about a handwritten note made during a phone conversation with Giuliani that he turned over to House investigators that included the line: “get Zalensky [sic] to announce that the Biden case will be investigated.”

“That was always the main objective," Parnas said of Trump’s motive for pressuring Ukraine’s government.

Parnas and Fruman, who has also been indicted, were given access to Ukrainian officials that Parnas, a Florida businessman with no diplomatic credentials or official post, said he would not have received otherwise.

"Why would President Zelensky’s inner circle, or Minister Avakov, or all these people, or President Poroshenko, meet with me?” Parnas told Maddow. “Who am I? They were told to meet with me. And that’s the secret that they’re trying to keep. I was on the ground doing their work.”

Parnas also said the Trump administration’s attempts to convince Ukraine to announce an investigation of the Bidens extended to Vice President Mike Pence.

Pence canceled his planned attendance at Zelensky’s inauguration as a way to further pressure him, Parnas said.

On his efforts with Giuliani to have Yovanovitch removed from office because she was not sufficiently supportive of Trump and was impeding efforts to secure the promise of an investigation into the Bidens, Parnas expressed regret.

“I don’t believe Ambassador Yovanovitch badmouthed Trump, and I want to apologize to her,” Parnas said.

The materials turned over to the House this week included text messages Parnas exchanged with a Trump campaign hanger-on named Robert Hyde. The messages referenced efforts to oust Yovanovitch, who was viewed as an obstacle to the deal Giuliani hoped to strike with Ukraine. Some of the messages had what appeared to be sinister overtones, implying that Yovanovitch was being followed and might be in danger, but Parnas downplayed that possibility to Maddow, saying he was only stringing Hyde along.

Parnas also told Maddow that Attorney General William Barr was aware of the efforts launched by Trump and Giuliani to discredit the Mueller investigation and procure an investigation of the Bidens.

“Mr. Barr had to have known everything," Parnas said, adding that he was in the room when Giuliani and others spoke with the attorney general.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

Parnas, a Soviet-born U.S. citizen who has been indicted by the Southern District of New York on campaign finance violations, turned over notes, text messages and other information to House investigators Wednesday. In his interview with Rachel Maddow, Parnas, who sat beside his lawyer, said he came forward because “I want to get the truth out because I think it’s important to the country, it’s important to me.”

Trump has sought to distance himself from Parnas and Igor Fruman, both of whom worked with Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s lawyer, on the efforts to pressure Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to announce an investigation of the Bidens, and on the campaign to oust U.S. Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch.

“I don’t know those gentlemen,” Trump said in October about Parnas and Fruman, despite the fact that the men had been photographed together numerous times.

“He lied,” Parnas said, adding, “He knew exactly who we were.”

Parnas said the president was fully aware that he was working with Giuliani to secure Zelensky’s cooperation in an effort to tarnish the reputation of Biden, the leading Democratic candidate to run against Trump this year.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1    4 years ago

Vadym Prystaiko, Foreign Minister of Ukraine: "Frankly, I have not spoken with [Lev Parnas], and again, frankly, I don’t trust any word he is now saying."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    4 years ago

Vic, Giuliani and Trump trusted him. 

Next you will be telling us that Trump didnt know who Michael Cohen was either. 

Trump has been immersed in shady characters since he was a young man being taught how to cheat and bribe by his father. Parnas fit right in. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    4 years ago

The federalist?  jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif What a bullshit right wing source.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    4 years ago
Vic, Giuliani and Trump trusted him. 

John, Giuliani may have trusted him. Does that make him trustworthy?  One correction - Trump didn't know him!

Next you will be telling us that Trump didnt know who Michael Cohen was either. 

Why would I do that?   Cohen tried to save his ass too. It does not work after they blab BS to the media. That stuff gets researched!

So, can we expect the dems to call Parnas as a witness?  Shall we make a wager?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    4 years ago
John, Giuliani may have trusted him. Does that make him trustworthy?  One correction - Trump didn't know him!

Of course Trump knows him, they have had dinner together, at a small table of 5 or 6 people.  Does he know him "well"? I have no idea.  And of course Trump knew of him and that he was helping Giuliani in Ukraine.  Parnas was representing Trump on the ground in Ukraine, and you think Trump never heard of him ?, lol. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.2    4 years ago
The federalist?  What a bullshit right wing source.

It's been widely reported, but have it your way - The foreign minister never said it/s.....How's that?

(For intelligent readers, I put the sarcasm symbol for those who don't get it)

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.6  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    4 years ago
One correction - Trump didn't know him!

This Trump?

200114150821-lev-parnas-lawyer-trolls-donald-trump-video-sot-scannell-nr-vpx-00001419-large-169.jpg  

Or this Trump?

parnas-trump-pence.jpg?itok=Evokvjk9

Or these Trumps?

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F191010183348-trump-parnas.jpg  200116190524-trump-lev-parnas-video-large-169.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1880_ocdc5f  Donald-Trump-and-Lev-Parnas-1280x720.png

Featured-Photo-Blur5.png?resize=865,452  Trump-Jr.-Parnas-Fruman.jpg

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    4 years ago

By the way Vic, you can forget about anyone going to jail because of the Durham/Barr investigation.  There isnt a jury on earth that will convict anyone indicted by Durham after the implications that Barr is involved in the Ukraine scandal. 

Barr needs to be investigated by Congress. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.7    4 years ago
after the implications that Barr is involved in the Ukraine scandal. 

Do tell?  You mean based on Parnas boasts?  He really has an uncanny ability for knowing exactly progessives want to hear!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    4 years ago

What did Cohen say about Trump that is untrue? 

Trump is an unindicted co-conspirator in the Stormy Daniels payoff case. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.6    4 years ago

Thanks for the montage, but we all know about the pictures. The President takes pictures with a multitude of people. Many of them he dosen't know.

Trump.JPG

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.8    4 years ago

Well, lets have Barr, Bolton, Pompeo, Mulvaney and Rick Perry, and Parnas, testify to the Senate impeachment trial and we'll see what falls out of the trees. 

But you are dreaming if you think the Durham investigation has any credibility left.  Barr has no credibility left. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.9    4 years ago
the Stormy Daniels payoff case. 

You mean the non-disclosure agreement that Daniels violated.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.11    4 years ago
But you are dreaming if you think the Durham investigation has any credibility left. 

The left is trying awfully hard to discredit it....because they know whats coming!!!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.14  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.13    4 years ago

What's coming Vic?  I mean we've been waiting for those indictments on Hillary and Obama for a loooooooooooonnnnnnnggggggggg time now!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.14    4 years ago

I'm as curious as you are!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.16  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.15    4 years ago

That's what I thought.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.17  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.13    4 years ago
they know whats coming!!!

February?

-

NO ONE is going to jail, or even to trial, in connection with the so called "Russia hoax". 

Where is the McCabe indictment Vic? and that indictment, if it ever were to come, has nothing to do with "Russia". McCabe was accused of misleading the bureau about something unrelated to the Russia probe. 

People like you can't stop falling for ridiculous right wing conspiracies. It has been a lasting detriment to this country, as we see every day on Newstalkers. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.14    4 years ago

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.19  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.17    4 years ago
NO ONE is going to jail, or even to trial, in connection with the so called "Russia hoax". 

That's quite a prediction

Where is the McCabe indictment Vic? and that indictment, if it ever were to come, has nothing to do with "Russia". McCabe was accused of misleading the bureau about something unrelated to the Russia probe. 

Kind of like the Mueller indictments, none of which had anything to do with Trump.

People like you can't stop falling for ridiculous right wing conspiracies.

That's right John, anything to do with wrongdoing that progressives want is a conspiracy theory, but the Russia-collusion hoax was real/s. Got it!

Btw, "people like me" is a bit personal. Let's focus on the topic, shall we?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.20  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.16    4 years ago
That's what I thought.  

?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.21  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.10    4 years ago

There are pictures of Parnas with Trump's children on multiple occasions and there are pictures of Parnas with Trump on multiple occasions.  He knew somebody. 

Trump would be better off saying "he is someone i met a few times but dont really know well" rather than "i never heard of him" , but Trump is a pathological liar so he has to follow that path every time. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.22  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.19    4 years ago

Vic, YOU are the one making all these predictions and ridiculous comments, we cant talk about what you say without mentioning you, can we? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.23  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.22    4 years ago
Vic, YOU are the one making all these predictions and ridiculous comments

My prediction was what?  It was you who said "No indictments" via Durham!

we cant talk about what you say without mentioning you, can we? 

I never realized how popular I was

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.24  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.21    4 years ago
There are pictures of Parnas with Trump's children on multiple occasions and there are pictures of Parnas with Trump on multiple occasions

There are many events that would have those people in a picture together. Guilt for a politician by being in a picture with virtually anyone? Think about it John. 

Trump would be better off saying "he is someone i met a few times but dont really know well" rather than "i never heard of him"

No matter how he says it, the left is always right there trying to turn it into a lie.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.25  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.24    4 years ago

I dont know how many times Parnas met Trump, it doesnt even matter other than that it is for sure Trump will lie about it.  Trump is seen in small group photos with Parnas, so they were introduced.  I neither know or care what other personal meetings they had. 

Trump told Rudy what to do in Ukraine, and Rudy told Parnas. All one chain, thats all that matters. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.26  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.25    4 years ago
Trump told Rudy what to do in Ukraine, and Rudy told Parnas.

That sounds more reasonable.

thats all that matters. 

How it relates to the phone call to be precise.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.27  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.23    4 years ago
I never realized how popular I was

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.28  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.24    4 years ago
'No matter how he says it, the left is always right there trying to turn it into a lie.'

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

99% of what the shitstain turd 'president' says is a lie.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.29  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.10    4 years ago
The President takes pictures with a multitude of people.

Wow, you managed to ignore almost half of the pictures I provided.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.30  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.29    4 years ago

Today he took many pictures with the Louisiana Tigers football team. He dosen't really know any of them either.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.31  1stwarrior  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.8    4 years ago

Oh yeah - and the fact that he tried to buy out google so he could cover up all his previous lies and stealing to stay out of jail - 

When Parnas was 23, he settled in Florida. He co-founded a company called Global Energy Producers and, in 2013, another named Fraud Guarantee –  reportedly  so he could bury Google search results about a history of debts and court judgments against him.

and the fact that he was caught -

Last October Parnas and Fruman were  arrested as they tried to flee the US . They were i ndicted on charges of conspiracy, making false statements and falsification of records and ordered to turn over key documents to congressional investigators.

You mean THAT reliable, staunch, upstanding Lev???

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.32  Vic Eldred  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.31    4 years ago

Yup, the same guy who said he met with Devin Nunes in Vienna. (Another lawsuit vs CNN). Evidently he has an imagination that runs from Boston to Hong Kong and as long as it implicates Trump, he figures he can get his ass out of jail.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.33  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.30    4 years ago

He dosen't really know any of them either.

Ahhh, I got you.  Like his many pictures with Jeffrey Epstein.  He didn't really know him either.....jrSmiley_103_smiley_image.jpg

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.34  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.33    4 years ago

If you want to contradict the President, you do it with facts. Pictures taken with people who go to events dosen't cut it.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.35  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.34    4 years ago

Pictures taken with people who go to events dosen't cut it.

You wouldn't accept the truth of it anyway.

What event was this taken at?

Donald-Trump-and-Lev-Parnas-1280x720.png

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

"Trump knew exactly what was going on,” Parnas said, adding he “wouldn't do anything without consent of Rudy Giuliani or the president.”

Maddow asked Parnas about a handwritten note made during a phone conversation with Giuliani that he turned over to House investigators that included the line: “get Zalensky [sic] to announce that the Biden case will be investigated.”

“That was always the main objective," Parnas said of Trump’s motive for pressuring Ukraine’s government.

Parnas and Fruman, who has also been indicted, were given access to Ukrainian officials that Parnas, a Florida businessman with no diplomatic credentials or official post, said he would not have received otherwise.

"Why would President Zelensky’s inner circle, or Minister Avakov, or all these people, or President Poroshenko, meet with me?” Parnas told Maddow. “Who am I? They were told to meet with me. And that’s the secret that they’re trying to keep. I was on the ground doing their work.”

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

Parnas also said the Trump administration’s attempts to convince Ukraine to announce an investigation of the Bidens extended to Vice President Mike Pence.

Pence canceled his planned attendance at Zelensky’s inauguration as a way to further pressure him, Parnas said.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

Parnas also told Maddow that Attorney General William Barr was aware of the efforts launched by Trump and Giuliani to discredit the Mueller investigation and procure an investigation of the Bidens.

“Mr. Barr had to have known everything," Parnas said, adding that he was in the room when Giuliani and others spoke with the attorney general.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

tRump, Pence, Barr, all COMPLICIT.

Barr has been tRump's consigliere all along.  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
6  lady in black    4 years ago

Proof that Crooked donnie is a crooked lying POS

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  lady in black @6    4 years ago

Ghouliani just threw tRump under the bus.

Looks like the rats are deserting the sinking ship.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  Vic Eldred    4 years ago

"Parnas is charged with funneling foreign donations to candidates for federal and state offices to win potential influence. Fruman and Parnas have pleaded not guilty.

When he was arrested with Fruman, Parnas told U.S. Justice Department officials as part of his request for bail that he and his wife had around $450,000 in total assets and income, prosecutors have said.

But the couple actually had significantly more assets, prosecutors claimed in a court filing last week.

Those assets included a $1 million transfer from a Russian bank account in September, they said. That money came from Firtash’s lawyer, prosecutors disclosed for the first time Tuesday.

Prosecutors also alleged that Parnas lied or failed to disclose work and the payment from Firtash."

Parnas is a man looking for a deal and Adam schiff would like to give him one.  That's fine, but the House conducted it's investigation. We can't have an ongoing investigation rife with leaks to the press during a trial. I hope McConnell tells Pelosi to have the House finish it's investigation before sending over the Articles of Impeachment. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
7.1  lady in black  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    4 years ago

Just like Crooked donnie, it's everyone else's fault but his

katrix
Sophomore Participates
7.2  katrix  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    4 years ago
but the House conducted it's investigation

And Trump blocked a lot of people from testifying who would likely make him look very, very bad. Unfortunately for him, new information is coming out anyway.

Why wouldn't you want all relevant information to be produced at the Senate trial?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  katrix @7.2    4 years ago
Why wouldn't you want all relevant information to be produced at the Senate trial?

Get all your information and then send over the articles!  You don't hold a trial with an ongoing investigation. Finish your case before sending it over.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.1    4 years ago

'And Trump blocked a lot of people from testifying who would likely make him look very, very bad. Unfortunately for him, new information is coming out anyway.

Why wouldn't you want all relevant information to be produced at the Senate trial?'

katrix
Sophomore Participates
7.2.3  katrix  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.1    4 years ago

They tried. Trump obstructed. Better late than never.

Would you feel the same way if the new evidence completely exonerated Trump? Or would you want someone falsely convicted rather than allowing new evidence?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.2.5  JohnRussell  replied to    4 years ago

On what possible basis is this a "late date"? The trial hasnt even started yet.  Havent you ever seen Perry Mason or Matlock, or Law and Order?  It is not uncommon at all on those shows for a witness to be found "late". 

Since Trump wants the world to be a television show about him, new developments are very fitting. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.2    4 years ago
Why wouldn't you want all relevant information to be produced at the Senate trial?'

And how many times should I answer that question?  Tell us, how would you like to be on trial with the prosecutor having the investigation still open?  That would be kind of chaotic, not to mention putting you in a very dangerous place.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2.8  Vic Eldred  replied to  katrix @7.2.3    4 years ago
Trump obstructed.

He did NOT obstruct!  He raised the issue of privilege. The Courts settle that dispute. The democrats couldn't wait, remember? They had to impeach by Christmas to appease their hate filled base!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.9  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @7.2.5    4 years ago

He posts that same nonsense on every goddamned seed related to this.  The trolling is so tiresome.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.10  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.8    4 years ago

Of course he OBSTRUCTED.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.2.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.9    4 years ago

Its flat out weird that Trumpsters think it is appropriate to bullrush a presidential impeachment past everyone. 

What facts are they SO afraid of?  All of them would be my guess. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.12  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.6    4 years ago

I don't expect anything from you but nonsense and deflection and moving the goal posts and non-sequiturs and non-answers.  I really don't care what you have to say about it.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.13  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @7.2.11    4 years ago
'What facts are they SO afraid of?  All of them would be my guess.'

BINGO.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
7.2.14  katrix  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.6    4 years ago
Tell us, how would you like to be on trial with the prosecutor having the investigation still open? 

How would you like to be innocent and have new evidence that would exonerate you ignored?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
7.2.15  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @7.2.11    4 years ago
Its flat out weird that Trumpsters think it is appropriate to bullrush a presidential impeachment past everyone. 

wait...  isn't this exactly what the Democrats in the House did with the impeachment?  They were in such a rush because getting the impeachment in was so important that they then sat on everything for a month... 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2.16  Vic Eldred  replied to  katrix @7.2.14    4 years ago

Ah, there is a difference:

"Per the 
Brady v. Maryland  decision, prosecutors have a duty to disclose exculpatory evidence even if not requested to do so. While the prosecution is not required to search for exculpatory evidence and must disclose only the evidence in its possession, custody, or control, the prosecution's duty is to disclose all information known to any member of its team, e.g., police, investigators, crime labs, et cetera. In  Brady v. Maryland , the  U.S. Supreme Court  held that such a requirement follows from constitutional  due process  and is consistent with the prosecutor's duty to seek justice. [3]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exculpatory_evidence

katrix
Sophomore Participates
7.2.17  katrix  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.16    4 years ago

Yep, got that. But this sham trial has been orchestrated to acquit Trump no matter if he's guilty, as clearly stated by the GOP. And since it's Trump's team that caused the obstruction in fact gathering, anyone who values truth should want the new evidence included.

But then, Trump worshippers don't seem to actually want a fair trial. They swallow the Trump koolaid that everything is so unfair to him, when he's brought all this on himself.

You, on the other hand, I would think would want a fair trial with all the relevant evidence presented. And this guy is a KEY witness.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2.19  Vic Eldred  replied to  katrix @7.2.17    4 years ago
But this sham trial has been orchestrated to acquit Trump no matter if he's guilty

The trial hasn't even taken place yet, BUT the House inquiry WAS a sham. It was a national disgrace.

And this guy is a KEY witness.

Who? The guy involved in all the shady deals now facing jail time?  We would have to know if he has been promised anything by Adam Schiff?  Do you really want to go there?
I really don't think you realize how the actions of democrats look to people.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.2.20  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.6    4 years ago

Sounds very much like Perry Mason doesn't it?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.2.21  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.19    4 years ago
The trial hasn't even taken place yet, BUT the House inquiry WAS a sham. It was a national disgrace.

Not even close to the national disgrace of Bill Clinton trying to argue the definition of the word"is", or trying to convince anyone that oral sex or a sexual act with a foreign object was not an extra marital affair.

Now that was a disgrace.

I really don't think you realize how the actions of democrats look to people.

I really don't think you realize what all of the President's tweets look like to non hard core Republicans.

They are also a national disgrace.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2.22  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @7.2.21    4 years ago
I really don't think you realize what all of the President's tweets look like to non hard core Republicans.

Do they look anything like Post 7.2.6 ?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
7.2.23  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.12    4 years ago

It's the Dems who keep moving the goal posts, hoping and praying that some "smoking gun" or "political bombshell" will somehow materialize out of thin air.

If they don't have clear and convincing evidence by now, there is none, and this left wing clown show will amount to naught.

Besides, perhaps the phone call was inappropriate, but certainly not an impeachable offense..

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.2.24  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.8    4 years ago

When you block people from testifying even though there are subpoenas and refuse to hand over documents, that is obstruction.  Does Trump think one of his low level food chain thugs is going to remain silent to protect him?   Of course this guy is going to spill his guts to try for a deal.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.25  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @7.2.23    4 years ago

Your trolling is so tiresome.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2.26  Vic Eldred  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.2.24    4 years ago
that is obstruction.

Nope, Not when it involves the President. He has a claim to executive privilege. Whether he does or not is up to the Court. Otherwise many presidents would have been charged with obstruction.

Of course this guy is going to spill his guts to try for a deal.

Spill or make things up?   Whatever gets him out of jail.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.2.27  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.22    4 years ago

7.2.6?

No.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.2.28  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.26    4 years ago

You wish made up.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.29  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.26    4 years ago

Make things up?

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.2.30  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @7.2.5    4 years ago
On what possible basis is this a "late date"? The trial hasnt even started yet.  Havent you ever seen Perry Mason or Matlock, or Law and Order?  It is not uncommon at all on those shows for a witness to be found "late".

And more times than not, depending on who gets the evidence, one or the other asks for a recess and trial delay to afford themselves, and by law their opposition, the opportunity to see what is about to come to light. By law all evidence is to be exposed. There is not a gotcha provision.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2.31  Vic Eldred  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.2.28    4 years ago
You wish made up.

He's been to all of the Cable news sites all day.....that is expect for Fox News.....Hum...I wonder why he never made it over there?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
7.2.32  katrix  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.31    4 years ago
Hum...I wonder why he never made it over there?

Fox isn't interested in having people on who are going to talk about crimes that Trump committed.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.33  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  katrix @7.2.32    4 years ago

Yeah, Gee whiz, I really wonder that as well.

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2.34  Vic Eldred  replied to  katrix @7.2.32    4 years ago

Actually Fox is the only one that has counter view points. They are the only ones who were right about the Russia-Collusion hoax and the Covington kids among other things. Funny, I thought you didn't watch that stuff?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.35  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.34    4 years ago

'Actually Fox is the only one that has counter view points.'

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.2.36  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.31    4 years ago

Fox is a hack news station.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

So what?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
9  katrix    4 years ago

He always pulls this shit when yet another one of his pals is outed as a criminal.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  katrix @9    4 years ago

Jeffrey Epstein is one instance in many

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @9.1    4 years ago

And Prince Andrew.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

82670441_2453798878205226_4959814798763098112_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=9ujdSyXk2q0AX-D92M2&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=819f739fab887e9f1f4d6f680d311ea0&oe=5ED8A255

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago
Politics

Ukraine opens probe of possible surveillance of ambassador

YURAS KARMANAU
f7f4c7f0-0259-11e9-bfeb-842a32a6c67d January 16, 2020, 8:14 AM EST
669415906e38bf0e3f67d3ca7b3162f2
FILE - In this Nov. 12, 2018, photo provided by the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine, Energy Secretary Rick Perry, front center, poses for a photo after speaking in Kyiv, with front row from left: Morgan Williams; then-U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch; and president of the American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine Andy Hunder. Also pictured are Alex Cranberg, top second from left, and Michael Bleyzer, top row fourth from left. Bleyzer and Cranberg, two political supporters of Perry, secured a potentially lucrative oil-and-gas exploration deal from the Ukrainian government soon after Perry proposed one of the men as an adviser to the country's new president. (U.S. Embassy Kyiv via AP, File) More

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Ukrainian police said Thursday they have opened an investigation into the possibility that the U.S. ambassador came under illegal surveillance by an unknown party before she was recalled from her post in May.

The announcement came two days after Democratic lawmakers in the United States released a trove of documents that showed Lev Parnas, an associate of President Donald Trump's personal lawyer, communicating about the removal of Marie Yovanovitch as the ambassador to Ukraine.

The Ukrainian Interior Ministry, which runs the police forces, said in a statement that Ukrainian police “are not interfering in the internal political affairs of the United States.”

"However, the published messages contain facts of possible violations of Ukrainian law and of the Vienna Convention on diplomatic relations, which protect the rights of diplomats on the territory of another state,” the statement continued.

“Our goal is to investigate whether there actually was a violation of Ukrainian and international law, which could be the subject for proper reaction. Or whether it is just bravado and fake information in the informal conversation between two U.S. citizens,” the ministry said.

The Interior Ministry also said it has requested the FBI provide relevant materials. Interior Minister Arsen Avakov “suggested that the U.S. side take part in the investigation,” the statement said

In another move touching on the Trump impeachment, Ukraine said it was opening an investigation into reports that Russian hackers gained access to computers of the Ukrainian gas company Burisma.

Hunter Biden, the son of Trump opponent and former U.S. vice president Joe Biden, was on the board of that company. The impeachment inquiry began with allegations that Trump had tried to pressure Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy into investigating Burisma by withholding promised military aid.

The FBI has been invited to take part in the Burisma hacking investigation, the ministry said.

___

Jim Heintz in Moscow contributed to this story.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
12  lady in black    4 years ago

Kellyanne can't even keep her lies straight..

Kellyanne Conway Melts Down Under Grilling by Fox News

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway was asked four times by Fox News on Thursday morning to “flat-out” refute claims from Rudy Giuliani associate Lev Parnas that President Donald Trump was  fully “aware” of what he was up to  in Ukraine. She didn’t give a straight answer once. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
12.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  lady in black @12    4 years ago

Of course she didn't.  Trump won't either when his fat ass is on the hot seat.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
13  It Is ME    4 years ago

Lev Parnas   = With all the trouble I'm in right now, I'm gonna save my own ass and tell them what they want to hear !

Even Uber politicians Pelosi and Schifty Schiff won't come out and say he's "Credible" when they're asked.

Their only response to that question is: "We'll have to wait and see" !

Wait and See ?

WTF !

Schifty Schiff had definitive "PROOF" since day one of the Liberal Trials. Was Lev Parnas one of those "fool proof evidence" thingies Schifty PROMISED he had ?

This STUPID coming from the "Left"....it's about to kill me. jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Just kidding. I really think it's Hilarious ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif