╌>

11 US troops injured in Iran missile strikes on Iraqi bases

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  4 years ago  •  19 comments

By:   JOHN BOWDEN

11 US troops injured in Iran missile strikes on Iraqi bases
Defense One reported Thursday that the U.S. service members were airlifted to Kuwait and Germany where they received treatment for traumatic brain injuries

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

U.S. Soldiers stand at a site of Iranian bombing at Ain al-Asad air base in Anbar, Iraq, Monday, Jan. 13, 2020. Ain al-Asad air base was struck by a barrage of Iranian missiles on Wednesday, in retaliation for the U.S. drone strike that killed atop Iranian commander, Gen. Qassem Soleimani, whose killing raised fears of a wider war in the Middle East.  (Photo: Qassim Abdul-Zahra, AP)

Eleven U.S. troops were injured in the Iranian missile strike on two Iraqi bases housing U.S. troops earlier this month launched in retaliation for the killing of a top general.

Defense One   reported Thursday that the U.S. service members were airlifted to Kuwait and Germany where they received treatment for traumatic brain injuries and underwent further tests.

The Trump administration previously had stated that no U.S. or Iraqi casualties were reported after the attacks, which occurred days after a U.S. airstrike killed Gen. Qassem Soleimani, head of Iran's Quds forces, outside of Baghdad International Airport.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

President Trump addressed the nation following the strikes, stating that Iranian forces were backing down and indicating that further military action would not be taken unless provoked by Iran.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

The Trump administration previously had stated that no U.S. or Iraqi casualties were reported after the attacks, which occurred days after a U.S. airstrike killed Gen. Qassem Soleimani, head of Iran's Quds forces, outside of Baghdad International Airport.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  Vic Eldred    4 years ago

It's a tight rope for the President. Iran is determined to keep that tripwire directly in front of him right up until election night. His reelection will tame them quick and send them scrambling to the negotiating table. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    4 years ago

Trump's very old RED LINE, know...?

That he LIED ABOUT.

Shifts the explanations  for the attack daily, like for show...

Trump , has and will, got to GO

PUT AMERICA FIRST !

Make it Great Again              Remove this tediously treacherous treason of reason who cannot be accepted in any season,

besides whither

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.1    4 years ago
Trump's very old RED LINE, know...?

What was it? and be specific....

If you don't recall, I do

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.1    4 years ago

Read his sdamn tweets 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.1.2    4 years ago
Read his sdamn tweets 

Since you can't or won't explain a Trump red line, I'll do it:

This recent loss of American life shows that Donald Trump’s ‘red line’ that cannot be crossed on his watch is loss of American life.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.4    4 years ago

So we're going to war if one of those injured, dies from those injuries...?

WHY were these injuries LIED ABOUT

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.6  Sunshine  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.1.5    4 years ago
WHY were these injuries LIED ABOUT

When where they lied about?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.7  It Is ME  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.6    4 years ago
When where they lied about?

It wasn't a Lie. The TDS movement would like it to be anyway !

Symptoms came up days later, after the Administrations notation of what they were told by the military.

"But concussions are not always as immediately evident as shrapnel or gunshot wounds, and in the ensuing days , U.S. troops were assessed for blast injuries. The 11 evacuated were sent for further care and screening “in an abundance of caution,” Urban said."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Vic Eldred  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.1.5    4 years ago
So we're going to war if

At what point would you go to war?

What would it take?  Another 9/11?  A chemical attack in the US?

What is your red line?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.9  Sunshine  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.7    4 years ago

yep, someone didn't bother to read the article.  TDS sufferers will fall for the cherry picking.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.10  It Is ME  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.9    4 years ago
yep, someone didn't bother to read the article. 

Some are just worried about posting ….. something …..anything ….. Anti-Trump ! jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.11  Sunshine  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.10    4 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4  Ronin2    4 years ago

Oh good, so war it is. Hope the Iranians like their new permanent glass enclosures.

That is what you are now calling for right? They attacked us directly and US personnel were injured; so we have no choice but to respond in kind.

That is assuming the article is true, and Defense One is normally a reliable source of information. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ronin2 @4    4 years ago
They attacked us directly and US personnel were injured

They have been attacking us since we first went into Afghanistan in 2001.  It's just NOW we were able to carry out a strike on those responsible. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    4 years ago

I’m just kind of amazed that Iraq tolerates any other power - US or Iran - lobbing missiles and bombs into their country. Can you imagine how we would react if Mexico or Canada fired into our territory? Even for what seems like a good reason.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tacos! @5    4 years ago
I’m just kind of amazed that Iraq tolerates any other power - US or Iran - lobbing missiles and bombs into their country.

The Iraqi government has been playing both sides for quite a while now.  Then turn around and complain when they come out on the short end.