╌>

CNN poll: 51% say Senate should remove Trump from office

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  143 comments

CNN poll: 51% say Senate should remove Trump from office
The new poll also finds majorities of Americans view each of the charges on which Trump will face trial as true: 58% say Trump abused the power of the presidency to obtain an improper personal political benefit and 57% say it is true that he obstructed the House of Representatives in its impeachment inquiry.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The new poll also finds majorities of Americans view each of the charges on which Trump will face trial as true: 58% say Trump abused the power of the presidency to obtain an improper personal political benefit and 57% say it is true that he obstructed the House of Representatives in its impeachment inquiry.

(CNN)About half of Americans say the Senate should vote to convict President  Donald Trump  and remove him from office in the upcoming  impeachment  trial (51%), according to a new  CNN poll  conducted by SSRS, while 45% say the Senate should vote against conviction and removal.

Nearly seven in 10 (69%) say that upcoming trial should feature testimony from new witnesses who did not testify in the House impeachment inquiry. And as Democrats in the Senate seek to persuade at least  four Republican senators  to join them on votes over allowing witnesses in the trial, the Republican rank and file are divided on the question: 48% say they want new witnesses, while 44% say they do not.

The poll is the first major national telephone poll since the  articles of impeachment  were sent to the Senate, formally launching Trump's trial there. They are also the first such poll results since Soviet-born businessman  Lev Parnas , an associate of Trump's attorney Rudy Giuliani, publicly implicated the President in the Ukrainian pressure campaign during a series of television interviews.

Partisan divides

Massive partisan gaps continue to dominate views on Trump and his impeachment trial. Overall, 89% of Democrats say he should be removed from office, while just 8% of Republicans feel the same way. Among independents, it's nearly dead even: 48% say the Senate should vote to remove him, while 46% say that they should not. Views on whether Trump should be impeached and removed are also evenly split across battleground states, 49% are on each side across the 15 states decided by 8 points or less in 2016. Those states are Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Beyond partisanship, there are wide divisions in the poll by gender, race, education and age. Nearly six in 10 women (59%) say the Senate should remove Trump from office; 42% of men agree. Among African Americans, 86% say Trump should be removed. That drops to 65% among Hispanics and 42% among whites.

Combining race and gender, about eight in 10 women of color (79%) say he should be removed. That dips to 59% among non-white men, 49% among white women and 33% among white men. For whites, education adds another degree of division: 59% of white women with college degrees say the Senate should remove Trump, compared with 43% among white women without degrees, 44% among white men with degrees and 27% among white men without college degrees. A majority (56%) of those under age 45 say the President should be removed, while older Americans are more evenly split (47% in favor among those age 45 and over, 50% opposed).

As the focus of the impeachment process has moved to the Republican-controlled Senate, 54% say they disapprove of the way Republicans in Congress are handling the impeachment proceedings, 39% approve. Democrats in Congress also receive more disapproval (50%) than approval (46%) for their handling of impeachment. Democrats, however, are a bit more likely to approve of their own party's handling of impeachment (83% of Democrats approve of how Democrats in Congress are handling it) than are Republicans (78% of Republicans approve of congressional Republicans on the topic). Nearly six in 10 Americans disapprove of Trump's handling of impeachment (57%).

Still, a majority (53%) say it is likely the Republicans in the Senate will conduct a fair trial for the President. Half say the Democratic push for new witnesses is mostly to ensure a fair trial (50%), 39% say that effort is mostly to hurt the GOP in the 2020 elections.

The poll finds a decline in the share who say the ongoing impeachment proceedings will help Trump's chances in his coming reelection bid (from 32% saying so in December to 28% now). That change comes largely from Republicans shifting to say impeachment won't make a difference for Trump's chances. In December, 54% of Republicans thought it would help him, now that figure is 46%, and the share who say it won't matter has risen to 45% from 32%.

But as the impeachment trial looms, Trump's approval rating overall holds in exactly the same place as December: 43% approve, while 53% disapprove.

On the issues

Since December, the Senate has voted to ratify the new North American trade deal the President negotiated with Canada and Mexico, known as  USMCA . His approval ratings for handling foreign trade are now the best of his presidency, with 45% approving and 46% disapproving. His numbers on the economy have not changed, however, but remain his best on any issue tested, at 55% approval.

Trump's ratings for handling the situation with Iran are higher now than they were in June, when the topic was last included in a CNN poll. Overall, 42% approve and 53% disapprove, up from a 37% approve to 51% disapprove divide last summer.

About half (49%) of Americans say the US killing of Iranian general  Qasem Soleimani  was justified, 45% say that was not justified. Nine in 10 Republicans say it was (90%), while 50% of independents and 17% of Democrats agree.

The President's approval ratings for handling terrorism have also climbed, 49% approve now compared with 42% in late 2017, and his disapproval ratings have dropped for his handling of the role of commander-in-chief (from 57% disapprove in October to 53% now).

Perceptions of Iran as a threat have spiked since last spring, according to the poll, returning to about where they were in spring of 2018. Overall, 43% call Iran a very serious threat, up from 28% in May 2019. Much of that change comes among Democrats. In May of last year, 22% of Democrats called Iran a very serious threat; now, 50% say the same. Among independents and Republicans, those numbers have climbed 8 points, but stand well below 50%, with 40% of independents and 39% of Republicans saying they consider Iran that serious a threat.

That pattern appears to hold for both Russia and North Korea as well. Even though overall perceptions of the threat posed by those two countries have softened a bit, Democratic concern has held steady or climbed as Republican worries drop.

The CNN Poll was conducted by SSRS January 16 through 19 among a random national sample of 1,156 adults reached on landlines or cellphones by a live interviewer. Results for the full sample have a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.4 percentage points.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1  Sparty On    4 years ago

Clearly a poll that is clearly heavily biased by TDS ..... which is right in CNN's wheelhouse

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @1    4 years ago

Trumpsters "arguments" revolve around this mythical idea of "TDS".  It is really pathetic. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    4 years ago

We all know that any poll coming out of CNN is biased and meaningless.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.3  CB  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.1    4 years ago

Prove it, or . . . .

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.1    4 years ago

Will this one make you feel better?

FOX NEWS HOST 'STUNNED' BY FOX NEWS POLL SHOWING MAJORITY SUPPORT TRUMP'S IMPEACHMENT

8ff3ab71-1.png?ve=1&tl=1

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.4    4 years ago

Good one.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1.7  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  CB @1.1.3    4 years ago
Prove it, or . . . .

Will simple math work for you?  All you have to do is read the breakdown of the opinions to figure out that the majority of those answering the CNN Poll were Democrat's. They even told you so right here:

Massive partisan gaps continue to dominate views on Trump and his impeachment trial. Overall, 89% of Democrats say he should be removed from office, while just 8% of Republicans feel the same way. Among independents, it's nearly dead even: 48% say the Senate should vote to remove him, while 46% say that they should not.

Having trouble reading between the lines?  Let me spread it out a little better for you:

89% of Democrats

8% of Republicans

48% Independents

So in order to get to their 58%, they had to have asked (significantly) more Democrats than either Independents or Republicans.Why?  Because 89+8+48=145. If this were even polling, the 145 would be out of 300, which is less than 50% favoring impeachment.

How much more evidence do you need to prove bias???

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.1.8  KDMichigan  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.4    4 years ago
Will this one make you feel better?

This is now January of 2020, do try to keep up.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.9  CB  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @1.1.7    4 years ago

I'm bored. That was three days ago. May as well have been a "thousand years ago."  This thread no longer interest me.  Sorry.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1.10  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  CB @1.1.9    4 years ago

Guess you didn't really want the answer???

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.11  CB  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @1.1.10    4 years ago

No, I am genuinely bored with this. Meh. I see a flaw in your comment, but have moved on and don't have any interest in pointing it out.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1.12  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  CB @1.1.11    4 years ago
I see a flaw in your comment,

Aw c'mon. I would love to see you point out how the math is wrong. You certainly can't mean that it doesn't prove the bias of the media outlet, because the only way you get more respondents of a particular opinion would be to popularize their views, so it must be a problem with the math itself.

Please, show me where I'm wrong. I'll even let you use Common Core math since I understand that too...thanks to my kids' homework...

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.13  CB  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @1.1.12    4 years ago
_v=63f541522683312
1.1.1 Greg Jones replied to  JohnRussell @ 1.1   4 days ago

We all know that any poll coming out of CNN is biased and meaningless .

_v=63f541577911105
1.1.3 CB replied to  Greg Jones @ 1.1.1   4 days ago

Prove it , or . . . .

This is the task above. CITIZEN KANE, since you wish to be insulting, PROVE any (ALL) polls entirely coming out of CNN are BOTH biased and meaningless .

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1.15  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  CB @1.1.13    4 years ago
and meaningless

Because any biased poll is meaningless by definition of being biased alone! Would you trust a poll on who has the best burger if the only people asked were customers at McDonalds?

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.16  CB  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.14    4 years ago

First off, this no-longer interesting thread is widening. I am TRYING to listen closely to the Saturday version of the Impeachment Trial and this is. . . .

Second, it is not clear at all that because the network 'leans left' that ALL polls are entirely biased after all other factors are considered . And Greg Jones stated all polls are biased on the network AND meaningless .

Third, XDm9mm, how do you determine how and when a poll is meaningless?!

Lastly, the graph you posted is particularly sensitive to me, because just this January on a different thread I reviewed the CNN graph above and posted a Fox News graph and received tickets, plural, for my efforts. I do not argue the decision/actions. I only mention it - because of the irony.

I would/could post the Fox News graph here, but you can just go here to see it:

Still, I can't resist:

Overall, we rate Fox News strongly Right-Biased due to editorial positions and story selection that favors the right. We also rate them Mixed factually and borderline Questionable based on poor sourcing and the spreading of conspiracy theories that later must be retracted after being widely shared. Further, Fox News would be rated a Questionable source based on numerous failed fact checks by hosts and pundits, however straight news reporting is generally reliable, therefore we rate them Mixed for factual reporting.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.17  CB  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @1.1.15    4 years ago

Stop dodging. PROVE any (ALL) polls entirely coming out of CNN are BOTH biased and meaningless. Please read @1.1.16.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1.18  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  CB @1.1.17    4 years ago

We already have. Quit denying facts just because you don't like them. But if you really do want to get educated on how and why bias matters, here is a course you can take on it .

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.19  CB  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @1.1.18    4 years ago

I understand general bias in polling, because I have voted every election cycle for decades now. Indeed, I have my ballot right now for the February 3, democratic primary. Moreover, I used to get the survey callers, and the 'push' questions - until I disallowed them access to my mind and answers many years back.

However, you imply that polls of a certain network and using a specific mode of gathering data are biased and meaningless (including Fox News polls, right-leaning polls). Well, they are the polls the networks gather either use them for whatever good you can or dismiss them all from both sides.

That link looks 'promising' and I just might listen to it.

"Quit denying facts just because you don't like them." I am going to ignore this as irrelevant.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1.20  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  CB @1.1.19    4 years ago
Well, they are the polls the networks gather either use them for whatever good you can or dismiss them all from both sides

I do. I prefer the polls made by telephone and even then I read their methodology before putting any trust in them.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.22  CB  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @1.1.20    4 years ago

I remember the push calls. Horrible things, they are. The questions are well-developed, but misleading to the poll-taker, and ultimately have disastrous results suited to an agenda or set of. This past week I got a call from a local poll service asking me if I think a new apartment development was okay in my area. I responded, "Okay, I don't have a problem with it."

Immediately following, the caller asked me if I would like to record, yes record a message to my representative in my own words about apartment development in my area. ???! Mind you, this is the first I had even heard of this concern about 'housing' and the female caller did not give detail or context to why I would think it necessary to speak with my congressperson about it! so I told her that. I ended the call.

I refuse to do them, push calls, at all. I stop the caller immediately and end the call.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.23  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.1    4 years ago

Fox news work for you? 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.24  MrFrost  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.14    4 years ago
CNN

FOX NEWS

MixedFactual-1.jpg?resize=600%2C42&ssl=1https://i1.wp.com/mediabiasfactcheck.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/MixedFactual-1.jpg?resize=300%2C21&ssl=1 300w, 580w" sizes="(max-width: 600px) 100vw, 600px" >

right051.png?resize=600%2C67&ssl=1https://i1.wp.com/mediabiasfactcheck.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/right051.png?resize=300%2C34&ssl=1 300w" sizes="(max-width: 600px) 100vw, 600px" >

RIGHT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy.  See all Right Bias sources.

Note that with CNN it's listed as "mostly factual", fox news? Mixed. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.2  CB  replied to  Sparty On @1    4 years ago

Of course, you will find fault with anything critical of Trump. Nobody should attack the throne and he who rules, right?

Your claim is invalid without some proof. So prove it is a rigged pole, or. . . .

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  CB @1.2    4 years ago

Actually, no i don't.    I soeak the truth and anyone who denies the massive presence TDS on the left and in particular the progressive left, is in denial in a very large way.    TDS that CLEARLY biases this poll. 

You know it, i know it and the American people know it.    The jury is out on if you are simply in denial or being purposefully disingenuous  in an attempt to push your preferred narrative.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @1.2.1    4 years ago

There is no such thing as TDS. It is an ABSURD concept. No one can be irrationally prejudiced against a president who has lied 16,000 times and is a known serial liar, crook, bigot and moron.  

Now something like birtherism, the racist conspiracy theory once promoted by Trump,  that belief could be fairly described as a form of derangement against Obama.  There is no comparable unfair theory or judgement made about Trump. All the judgements made and the "resistance" made against trump are based on Trump's own words (constant lying) and actions. 

Keep going with this TDS b.s.   All you do is prove our point. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.3  CB  replied to  Sparty On @1.2.1    4 years ago

Your claim is invalid without some proof. So prove it is a rigged pole, or. . . .

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.4  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.2    4 years ago
There is no such thing as TDS. It is an ABSURD concept.

[deleted

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2.4    4 years ago

KD, you need to understand something.   BEFORE Trump was elected president it was well known and demonstrated that Trump is a pathological liar, crook, bigot, and moron.  Yet people voted for him anyway.  Now who is the deranged ones? 

As for Russia, Trump stood on a campaign stage and asked Russia to find dirt on his election opponent. He lied about his interest in developing Trump hotels in Russia. He hired campaign aides like Manafort who had known "issues" with Russian bad guys. He caused all his own problems.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2.6  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.5    4 years ago

As for Russia, Trump stood on a campaign stage and asked Russia to find dirt on his election opponent. He lied about his interest in developing Trump hotels in Russia. He hired campaign aides like Manafort who had known "issues" with Russian bad guys. He caused all his own problems.

Don't forget:

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.2    4 years ago
There is no such thing as TDS. It is an ABSURD concept.

Yes, or course YOU would think thAT.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Sparty On  replied to  CB @1.2.3    4 years ago

The proof is all around you, proliferating the mass media and is pretty much leaking out of psychologically damaged leftists everywhere.   You'd have to be be deaf, blind and stupid to not see it.

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.9  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @1.2.7    4 years ago

You got me there. I dont believe a word the man says, given that he is known to have lied 16,000 times.  I plead guilty to realizing he is a piece of shit. 

What are you guilty of? the opposite? 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.10  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.9    4 years ago

Among other things, i'm sometimes guilty of drinking too much, swearing more than i should and having impure thoughts about Halle Berry.  

Other than that, i'm good.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.11  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @1.2.10    4 years ago

I suppose you think that is relevant. I have impure thoughts about Hallie Berry too, but I dont connect them to a conclusion I draw about Trump being an asshole. Two different things. 

The true TDS involves his supporters denial of reality. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.12  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.11    4 years ago

Oh simmer down John, you're gonna give yourself a stroke

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.2.13  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2.4    4 years ago
When you spend 2 years crying that President Trump colluded with Russia with no proof you might be a TDS sufferer. 

Apart from establishing a pattern, Russia has nothing to do with the impeachment proceedings.   

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.14  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @1.2.12    4 years ago

Worry about yourself. I'll give strokes before I get one.

People who make a joke out of everything connected to Trump shouldnt vote in November.  Just stay home that day or go golfing with Hallie Berry. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.15  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.14    4 years ago

Sorry there buddy, already on the absentee ballot list.  

Halle Berry couldn't keep me away from filling out my ballot and mailing it in.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.16  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.14    4 years ago

Halle Berry plays golf??  How do we get a tee time with her?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.17  Sparty On  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2.16    4 years ago

Hopefully she'll give you some strokes ......

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.18  KDMichigan  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.13    4 years ago

In case you missed it, John was discussing whether or not TDS is real. Thanks for your input. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2.19  MrFrost  replied to  Sparty On @1.2.17    4 years ago

Hopefully she'll give you some strokes ......

Ok, that was funny.. LOL

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.20  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.2    4 years ago
There is no such thing as TDS

It is a known fact that those who deny TDS are the ones who are afflicted by it the most.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.21  cjcold  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2.16    4 years ago

As long as she wears that short little red dress she wore golfing in Swordfish.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.22  1stwarrior  replied to  Sparty On @1.2.17    4 years ago

Gladly take'em.jrSmiley_11_smiley_image.gif

Like this one?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.23  cjcold  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2.22    4 years ago

The very same dress. She wears it well.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sparty On @1    4 years ago

1,156 people polled. Hilarious that someone wants to give the impression that represents 51% oh the total population. This is why I never trust political polls of any kind!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.1  Sparty On  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3    4 years ago

People in need have to grasp on to anything they can find to hang on.  

And the folks in question here are really in dire need ...... jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.2  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @1.3.1    4 years ago

I'm surprised you didn't bring up butt hurt or the hive . . .

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sparty On @1.3.1    4 years ago

This morning my 9 year old granddaughter happened to read what I was looking at on my laptop on the Senate trial and asked me, "Pop, why do the people in charge in the House and Senate have to act like people my age?". From out of the mouth's of babes.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.3.4  cjcold  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3.3    4 years ago

[Deleted]

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  cjcold @1.3.4    4 years ago

Pretty BS thing to say about a innocent 9 year old dude! I'll thank you not to say such things about my granddaughter when you have zero clue! Fact is, I think she has a better grasp on reality than most adults.

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.4  squiggy  replied to  Sparty On @1    4 years ago

"In May of last year, 22% of Democrats called Iran a very serious threat; now, 50% say the same."

That surely makes the left look naive.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

58% say Trump abused the power of the presidency to obtain an improper personal political benefit and 57% say it is true that he obstructed the House of Representatives in its impeachment inquiry.

A majority, a clear majority, believe Trump is guilty as charged.  Let's stop with the nonsense that Trump is being mistreated by the Democrats. 

It's astonishing to see poll after poll after poll that has no good news for Trump, yet we constantly see Trump flunkies among the general public who act as if the "people" are behind this fool of a president. 

Every indication we see is that Trump will lose in November, and possibly badly. 

59% of American women say that Trump should be convicted and removed from office.  If 59% of women vote against Trump in November he has no chance. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago

Well, John, I guess if you put your faith in flawed polls to comfort yourself,  you are going to be highly disappointed when the Senate votes not to convict,

and Trump is reelected in November. But look on the bright side...you will have column fodder for the next four years while Trump

continues to win and do good things for ALL of the people since the Republicans will control the House and Senate..

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1    4 years ago

You think Trump is an honest man so we also have to take that into account as we consider your comments. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1    4 years ago
you are going to be highly disappointed when the Senate votes not to convict,

Disappointed, no, it is expected.

Tell me Greg, how would you feel if any other trial is determined ONLY by the suspect's claim of innocence, after all witnesses and evidence submitted support guilt?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.2    4 years ago
after all witnesses and evidence submitted support guilt?

"I Feel"....isn't evidence of guilt.

Did you hear the answers of these second hand ..... and most times ....Third hand witness's, when asked if they knew of an actual law that Trump actually broke ?

Crickets .……….. from ALL of them.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.3    4 years ago
"I Feel"....isn't evidence of guilt.

Apparently Greg is afraid to answer my question, how about you "It is me"?  can you answer my simple question?

How would you feel if any other trial is determined  ONLY  by the suspect's claim of innocence, after all witnesses and evidence submitted support guilt?

Did you hear the answers of these  second hand   ..... and most times   ....Third hand   witness's

And what about the testimony from the 1st hand witnesses?  Did you forget about them?  Or the fact that Trump blocked most of the 1st hand witnesses from testifying.  That blocking, I'm sure, in your mind is not an act of a guilty man.....jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.4    4 years ago
How would you feel if any other trial is determined  ONLY  by the suspect's claim of innocence, after all witnesses and evidence submitted support guilt?

For one...the Claim of "Inocence", only came AFTER the Claims of "Guilty before proven Innocent".

As for these "Witlessness's, NOT ONE OF THEM, claimed Trump was "Guilty" of anything. They just "Felt" something "MAY BE" Wrong.

"And what about the testimony from the 1st hand witnesses?  Did you forget about them?"

And "Whom" was that ?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.6  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.5    4 years ago
For one...

You're afraid to answer the question too.  Figures.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.7  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.6    4 years ago
You're afraid to answer the question too.  Figures.

"How would you feel if any other trial is determined  ONLY  by the suspect's claim of innocence"

Just to make you a happy camper:

I'd be "HAPPY" with it !

So would you. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.8  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.7    4 years ago
I'd be "HAPPY" with it !

Interesting, so forget gathering evidence, just ask the suspect and release him if he says he didn't do it. 

So would you.

Nope.  Sorry, I believe in facts.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.9  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.8    4 years ago
so forget gathering evidence

Are you noting that the "Democrat House members" didn't do their job ?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.10  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.9    4 years ago

Are you noting that the "Democrat House members" didn't do their job ?

Trump was impeached, so yes they did their job in executive oversight.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.11  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    4 years ago

Honest politician is a complete and utter oxymoron!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Sparty On  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1.11    4 years ago

Yep right in there with Civil War, Crash Landing and Military Intelligence

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
2.1.13  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.4    4 years ago

Here, I'll answer the question for you:

It would depend on a lot of mitigating factors. Are the "Investigators" biased against the defendant? Are the "witnesses" biased against the defendant? Did any one of the witnesses actually have first-hand knowledge by way of written correspondence with the defendant to offer as evidence of their guilt of the defendant? Did any witnesses actually hear the defendant say he was engaged in, or see him do, an illegal activity?

So in this case we have the biased investigators producing biased witnesses who actually didn't hear anything or see anything the defendant did wrong, and all they have to offer is their "suspicions" and "feelings" as evidence!

I wouldn't have any problem whatsoever in accepting the defendants claim of Innocent over this "evidence" as you call it. Why? Because this is AMERICA; and in America, you are Innocent until PROVEN Guilty. And come to think of it, we have another time honored CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT not to testify against ourself or offer any evidence against ourself in a trial. Now I may not care for Trump as a Person, but by GOD, I will DIE to defend even his Constitutional Rights against anyone who seeks to take them away! And I couldn't care less what their reason for doing so is!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1.14  cjcold  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    4 years ago

Honesty and Trump have never coexisted.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.15  CB  replied to  cjcold @2.1.14    4 years ago

Trump: 'I don't know no Lev Parnas.'

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3  It Is ME    4 years ago

"CNN poll: 51% say Senate should remove Trump from office"

It was Higher in the Polling for Hillary for President:

(CNN)Almost 7 in 10 voters nationwide say they think Hillary Clinton will win the presidency next month, but most say that if that happens, Donald Trump will not accept the results and concede, according to a new CNN/ORC poll.

I'd rely on CNN polls if I was Butthurt too ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

freepress
Freshman Silent
4  freepress    4 years ago

I think the percentage is actually much higher, the public is tired of the same old whining schtick that Trump and his sycophants constantly parrot bombarding the public with lies. 

There is no way any Republican is teaching their own children that lying is a great way of life, because Trump lives to lie and has lied repeatedly before he was elected and every day since he lost the popular vote.

Only  a cult or the willfully ignorant accept the lies. The Presidency is supposed to be a standard for leadership and no one wants to follow a known and proven liar. Leading by Lies is not doctrine.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  freepress @4    4 years ago
I think the percentage is actually much higher,

There is always a sizable part of the public that wants to give a ne'er do well the benefit of the doubt. It is somewhat human nature to hesitate to think the worst about people. I suspect it is likely that if everyone was completely honest with themselves that 51% would be about 80. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.2  Greg Jones  replied to  freepress @4    4 years ago

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @4.2    4 years ago

giphy.gif

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.2.2  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.1    4 years ago

Cute, no need to fake proglibs having a temper tantrum though...

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.2.3  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @4.2.2    4 years ago

She looks like trump...

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.2.4  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @4.2.3    4 years ago
She looks like trump..

She does? Wow..sounds like something a TDS sufferer would say, they see President Trump everywhere because he lives rent free in their head.

CB
Professor Principal
5  CB    4 years ago

The Senate has RIGGED the Impeachment Trial! Shout it out!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1  Sparty On  replied to  CB @5    4 years ago

The house rigged it ..... the senate rigged it ......  la de dah de dah!!!!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sparty On @5.1    4 years ago

Finkle is Einhorn......Einhorn is Finkle

jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.1    4 years ago

Laces out Marino, laces out!

Professor Guide
5.1.3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.2    4 years ago
Laces out Marino, laces out!

Rest easy, Dear.  Trump is only allowed to wear shoes with Velcro.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.3    4 years ago

It would be much easier to rest had you not completely missed the reference and skippity skipped right on over to shoes ....

Professor Guide
5.1.5  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.4    4 years ago

I knew exactly what you meant.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.5    4 years ago

Careful now Sister Mary  .... name calling is against the rules here as evidenced by the last time your handle wasn't used exactly and coupons were dispensed

Edit: Lol, nice edit, just under the wire!

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
6  Dean Moriarty    4 years ago

This reminds me of the movie Twelve angry men. 

CB
Professor Principal
7  CB    4 years ago

Senator Mitch McConnell is a liar! He signed an oath of impartiality just a couple of days ago. And friends, this is not impartiality. Independents a RIGGED trial for the president is not acceptable. Senator Mitch McConnell is a liar.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
7.1  Greg Jones  replied to  CB @7    4 years ago

The House inquiry and investigation against Trump was rigged.

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.1  CB  replied to  Greg Jones @7.1    4 years ago

Just stop; I'm not listening to anymore BS.

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.3  CB  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.2    4 years ago

I will just hold my peace, and let. . . . .

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    4 years ago

CNN spends every minute of the day telling America that Trump should be impeached. CNN conducts poll asking people if Trump should be impeached and a majority of respondents say yes. Big surprise. People believe what they have been told to believe.

user image
Freshman Silent
8.1    replied to  Tacos! @8    4 years ago

The Nazis were also fans of using the "big lie" propaganda technique.

Goebbels : If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Only in this case we are referring to the "deep state".

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  @8.1    4 years ago

What is the lie?  That Trump is a pathological liar?  That he is a diseased narcissist?  That he believes absurd conspiracy theories? 

Each of those fair conclusions about Trump are connected to what happened in Ukraine. 

What exactly is your point? 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.1    4 years ago
What is the lie? 

That the left doesn't have rampant TDDDDS. 

That Trump is a pathological liar? 

That hasn't disqualified anyone else from being President; so what makes Trump so special?

That he is a diseased narcissist?

Again, never stopped anyone before Trump.

That he believes absurd conspiracy theories? 

So? Does that disqualify him from being President.

Each of those fair conclusions about Trump are connected to what happened in Ukraine.

Russia, Russia, Russia. Collusion, Collusion, Collusion. Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine. QPQ, QPQ, QPQ.  The Dems are a thousand times worse that the Republicans were with Obama and Hillary Clinton. At least the Republicans only investigated. The Democrats have been trying to impeach Trump since before he took office.  If Obama was held to the same standards as Trump he would have been impeached several times over.  If the Democrats had any standards they would have voted to remove Bill Clinton from office; instead of steadfastly standing on the White House lawn in support of him. Of course Bill Clinton did commit perjury, and obstruction (witness tampering). Those are real crimes. Not the BS the Democrats have cooked up against Trump.

Ever get tired of doing the same shit over and over? Don't want Trump as President don't vote for him. If enough voters agree all across the US he won't be reelected.

It seems the left is scared shitless of a fair and open election. 

user image
Freshman Silent
8.1.3    replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.1    4 years ago

The BIG LIE is that Trump is a Russian asset of any kind. That lie has led to every other one that has followed as Ronin listed below. Collusion, obstruction, Ukraine, impeach, all of it stems from investigating our president over the lie that he was elected via Putin and not the terrible economic record of Obama or the lack of substance for the entire democrat platform. Trump fixed the former but the latter is still the reason Trump will get elected again. Big lie or not.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  @8.1    4 years ago

Deep state?

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_25_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_44_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.2  Sparty On  replied to  Tacos! @8    4 years ago

CB
Professor Principal
8.3  CB  replied to  Tacos! @8    4 years ago

You're kidding right? Besides will you vainly attempt to tell us that whatever sources you listen to enthrall you? If not, . . . .

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  CB @8.3    4 years ago

I sure as shit don’t get my information from CNN. I’d rather swallow broken glass.

CB
Professor Principal
8.3.2  CB  replied to  Tacos! @8.3.1    4 years ago

And you said that to say what explicitly?  What I heard:

You could just tell us where you get your news, and be done with it!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.3.3  Tacos!  replied to  CB @8.3.2    4 years ago

all over

CB
Professor Principal
8.3.4  CB  replied to  Tacos! @8.3.3    4 years ago

Still no 'tell.'  No matter. I'm getting used to it!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.3.5  Tacos!  replied to  CB @8.3.4    4 years ago

You got your answer. It didn’t match some preconception you had, so you’re mad. 

Oh well!

CB
Professor Principal
8.3.6  CB  replied to  Tacos! @8.3.5    4 years ago

You're mistaken. However, Still no 'tell.'  No matter. I'm getting used to it!

lady in black
Professor Quiet
9  lady in black    4 years ago

Here's one more reason why this POS should be gone:

President Trump minimizes concussion-like injuries in Iraq attack as merely 'headaches'

Who can defend this insanity spewed forth from Crooked Donnie

But I thought he was all about military personnel.

bugsy
Professor Participates
10  bugsy    4 years ago

I would like to see the methodology of this poll. Over and over we see polls published that have a heavy liberal slant to make the poll look as if the American people are against the president, this one probably no different. Even the Fox poll above had a 5-7 percent higher democrat sampling than republicans.

bugsy
Professor Participates
11  bugsy    4 years ago

Let's see if liberals can be honest with their possible answer s/

For months we heard democrats in the House say Trump is an immediate danger and needed to be removed at once, but Pelosi waited a month to move the articles to the Senate.

If Trump is such a danger, why did she wait so long? If she had moved the articles immediately, on the day they were passed, then the Senate hearings could have been done by now and Trump may or may not have been found guilty and removed.

My opinion is she wanted to take Sanders out of the Iowa game and give Biden free roam to give him a much better chance of winning Iowa. This is also probably why democrats are taking ALL of their allotted time in the Senate, so the trial can't end earlier.

As it stands now, the EARLIEST this sham can be over is next Friday, the 31st. If it does not go longer, it will give Sanders only 2 days before the caucus.

He won't be able to make up much time.

That's exactly what Nancy wants.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @11    4 years ago

Democrats are known for rigging their own primaries for a particular candidate.

Should we expect anything different this time around?

CB
Professor Principal
11.2  CB  replied to  bugsy @11    4 years ago

Oh wow, a new conspiracy theory arrives. . . . Please clear your mind; put it here   OIP.t6HmRJ6HvnctLHJaw8YKNAHaHt?w=202&h=2 .

bugsy
Professor Participates
11.2.1  bugsy  replied to  CB @11.2    4 years ago
Oh wow, a new conspiracy theory arrives. .

So you confirmed my thoughts about liberals and the first sentence of my previous post.

Answer this if you can s/

If Trump is such a danger to our country and he absolutely had to be removed before any more damage, why did Nancy take a month to walk the articles to the senate.

I think my thoughts on this are quite relevant.

Yours?

Not so much.

CB
Professor Principal
11.2.2  CB  replied to  bugsy @11.2.1    4 years ago

BORING. One might think you have not listened to any of the Senate trial this week! Yet, republicans rush to public mics to decry how repeating the facts are! Real quick and I am not going to argue boring material. Speaker Pelosi does not bother dealing with "rushed" talking points from insincere politiicans like the Majority Leader:

[

McConnell: ‘I’m not an impartial juror’ on impeachment

That's the concise version of the senate Majority Leader's answer in December and early January ahead of the mild changes he was compelled to make. A longer version is available of Mitch ucking it up with Sean Hannity, a Fox News hack if ever there was one, and stating the same thing in long edition.

If you can not distinguish the difference between what the democrats are doing by holding back for a better answer from the Senate, and the need to trivialize the most serious activity congress can engage it—its not my fault.  Sorry, but this is really, really, boring.

Now then, how about this week of trial activity? The democrats have been delivering 'dose' after 'dose' of information, videos, and slides to a captured chamber. It's good medicine, and I can only pray it makes the whole 'head' well.

bugsy
Professor Participates
11.2.3  bugsy  replied to  CB @11.2.2    4 years ago

Boring...

CB
Professor Principal
11.2.4  CB  replied to  bugsy @11.2.3    4 years ago

Interestingly, you find truth in packaging boring. You are as one-sided as the republican party as a whole is acting. Your 'apple' has not fallen far from the party! Blah! Bad republicans!

bugsy
Professor Participates
11.2.5  bugsy  replied to  CB @11.2.4    4 years ago

What I meant by boring is the dimocrats provided the same blah, blah, blah over and over again for 24 hours, but never did they provide any truth or evidence.

It was a boring presentation. It seemed like Schiff was auditioning to get elected into the Senate himself. Nadler was as clueless as he has always been.The rest of them were probably non volunteers that got hood winked into the Shiff show.

Trump's defense team destroyed 24 hours of blah, blah, blah in under 3.

Let me ask you this. If the democrats are saying over and over that the evidence is overwhelming to convict Trump, why do they need more witnesses and documents?

You want me to answer for you? Because Pelosi and Shuler both know Shiftless screwed up and was not able to provide a shred of evidence in almost 3 months of "we have overwhelming evidence".

Schiff has been screaming "we have overwhelming evidence" for over 2 years now.

You think now would be a goof time to show it?

CB
Professor Principal
11.2.6  CB  replied to  bugsy @11.2.5    4 years ago

Perhaps you need to get unstuck on specific words, because it will be the republican party's undoing sooner or later. And "bugsy" I don't do republican talking points. If you have something to say, say it in your own words and not with utter soundbites.

Donald Trump has lied to the people of the United States, time and time upon time again. How many more lies do we have to bear from this man? He is simply a man? Why does he deserve and how come he gets your seal of approval, when he is simply breaking as many rules as he can—including rules which keeps a lid on our systems?

Donald Trump latest lie as of Saturday night (anyway) got popped. For this man lied and seriously announced he did not know Lev Parnas. He flatly stated Mr. Parnas was a mere fan seeking photos, which he, Trump, takes thousands upon thousands of with people. Well, that's a lie. Donald Trump and Lev Parnas sat  and talked with Donald Trump about a diplomat under the employ of this administration at length. They even talked about firing her—together.

And, you want to talk about other people? If republicans ever get a straight answer out of Donald J. Trump; how the heaven would you know it?!

bugsy
Professor Participates
11.2.7  bugsy  replied to  CB @11.2.6    4 years ago

Look, I get it. You're desperate and you are reaching. I have never used talking points of any kind. I watched about 3 or 4 hours of one of the days the democrats ranted. All Schiff and company did was screech about the same thing over and over again. No evidence, just 2nd and 3rd hand hearsay.

As far as the "video". Is the audio real? I don't know. It may be. Are you sure Trump is speaking directly to Parvas? The video does not show that. It's only about 20 to 30 seconds long at best and it is very jumpy.

Even so, how many times have you sat at a communal table, spoke to someone for a couple of seconds, then could remember that person an extended time later? Most people won't be able to remember the person. Trump, I'm sure, has spoken to probably thousands upon thousands of people over the past three years. Im sure he remembers each and every one of them s/

Remember, Parvas is up on felony charges. He is desperate to get out of his fix, and telling lies about the president is probably not beneath him, especially since he knows the liberal media will latch onto every word and make him the next Avenatti.

Wonder why he does not talk to conservative media?

CB
Professor Principal
11.2.8  CB  replied to  bugsy @11.2.7    4 years ago
Look, I get it. You're desperate and you are reaching.

No you don't get it. And since you don't get it. You can stop reaching out to me with political posturing and 'noise. I am better than that as you will find out.

CB
Professor Principal
11.2.9  CB  replied to  bugsy @11.2.7    4 years ago
Wonder why he does not talk to conservative media?

May have something to do with the 'blinkers' conservatives wear so that they can't see the blatant lies, misleading statements, and outright foolish nonsense coming from Trump supporters, spin-meisters, and fan base. I watch Trump advocates spin it all. For example, your "comeback" lengthy as it was, did not address anything about Trump or his intentional 16,000 reported lies. Let me guess the absurd: You can't agree with me or another that Trump has lied once, or twice, or several times, since January 21, 2017.

Let me be clear: Donald J. Trump is full of political shit. And maybe conservatives and republicans can't see it because they have their arms and legs wrapped around him and their lips glued to his.

Some of us are not in these discussions for gamesmanship. This is pure political well-being that is at stake for us. This is a 'working' Constitution at stake that we can share in too! It is not a constitution document "blessed" just to provide a conservative's happiness quotient.

So, don't point fingers at foolish people like Avenatti and others, and suggest that I or other liberals are guilty by association. First, it is a noxious waste of time and second, you can't possibly know if it is true or not about us. I would be careful, not to may myself suspect of being a bold-faced untruth spreader just for shits and giggles.

bugsy
Professor Participates
11.2.10  bugsy  replied to  CB @11.2.8    4 years ago
You can stop reaching out to me with political posturing and 'noise.

Um, you responded to me first, calling my opinion a conspiracy theory. I responded accordingly.

"I am better than that as you will find out".

I'm sure you probably are, but on this particular thread...not so much.

CB
Professor Principal
11.2.11  CB  replied to  bugsy @11.2.10    4 years ago

Let's move forward or try to anyway. Cut through the noise.

In your opinion, has Donald Trump ever told the citizens of this country a lie as president? If so, was it once, twice, several, or 100 times or more? Waiting. . . .

Frankly, I don't expect an answer, but you have the 'floor.'

bugsy
Professor Participates
11.2.12  bugsy  replied to  CB @11.2.11    4 years ago

Sure he has. He is a politician. All politicians....yes....gasp...even Obama...lie. How may times? I really don't care. I am not OCD enough like some on here that think a number is important. The important thing is, what has directly and personally affected me.

The answer to that is zero.I've actually seen many positives since he was elected.

I'm going off for the evening. Going to pick the wife up from work.

CB
Professor Principal
11.2.13  CB  replied to  bugsy @11.2.7    4 years ago
I watched about 3 or 4 hours of one of the days the democrats ranted. All Schiff and company did was screech about the same thing over and over again. No evidence, just 2nd and 3rd hand hearsay.

That's a damn talking point, the republicans senators and conservative spin-meisters came up with it and broadcast it out into its eco-silo. Actually, what the democrats were doing was more along the lines of REPETITION. As you may know repetition, drills information into more and different minds over a period of time. Therefore, above, I likened it to pouring political medicine into the hard-heads of republicans who have been conditioned to believe lies, misleading statements, and obfuscation coming from the Trump administration.

So if you need a dose, . . . go watch the reruns of the democratic response.

CB
Professor Principal
11.2.14  CB  replied to  bugsy @11.2.12    4 years ago
How ma[n]y times? I really don't care.

Of course you don't care. It hurts to CARE.  Typical. Well, I care! Because I am a principled and unselfish person. I care! You have made it plain that you could not give a damn what happens to the rest of us citizens. Thus, a presentation of specious, talking points  delivered as filler in place of real, substantive discussions.

Second question:  It has been recorded Donald Trump has lied, mislead, and obfuscated since being president, 16000 plus times; how do you know when Trump is telling you the truth?

Third question: How do you know these lies of Donald Trump will not ricochet or boomerang back with devastating harm on you and yours?

Waiting. . . (without expectation of an proper answer).

CB
Professor Principal
11.2.15  CB  replied to  bugsy @11.2.12    4 years ago
All politicians....yes....gasp...even Obama...lie. How may times?

That's an inverse talking point. Surely if you thought any other politician besides Trump would tell you 16000 and counting lies, you would be afraid for your future and that of any possible children you have. Moreover, I dare you to point to a 'vault' of proper* and obsessive Obama outright lies as determined by an independent source! Mark it: Independent source or sources.

So cut the BS out. Get real or . . . .

* Yes politicians have to curt the truth, dumb it down, or blur it for security reasons as a requirement of national security, et ceteras. In other words, no politician can just go spilling everything which legitimately happens on hi or her job! Nor can they answer every question put to them as some would like or demand they do so.

bugsy
Professor Participates
11.2.16  bugsy  replied to  CB @11.2.13    4 years ago

You lost the entirety of your argument when you constantly claim someone is using talking points.

If facts are the talking points you speak of, then so be it.  I don't need to see any of the hearing again. Repetition is just a way to spread the bs for a longer period................or to keep Bernie off the campaign trail.

I'm sure you are used to losing...

bugsy
Professor Participates
11.2.17  bugsy  replied to  CB @11.2.14    4 years ago
It has been recorded Donald Trump has lied, mislead, and obfuscated since being president, 16000 plus times;

If you really take a GOOD look at these "sources", their claims of lies are nothing more than "we don't like what he says", or the opinion of a "lie" is subjective at best.

CB
Professor Principal
11.2.18  CB  replied to  bugsy @11.2.17    4 years ago

Prove it. Start with this one: President Trump flatly stated he does not know Lev Parnas to a reporter. In your opinion, listening to current news reporting - does President Donald Trump know Lev Parnas well enough to discuss staff firings with? 

What say you, Bugsy?

CB
Professor Principal
11.2.19  CB  replied to  bugsy @11.2.16    4 years ago

Irrelevant. Use of repetition is an established method of communicating information to long-term memory.

bugsy
Professor Participates
11.2.20  bugsy  replied to  CB @11.2.18    4 years ago
President Trump flatly stated he does not know Lev Parnas to a reporter. In your opinion, listening to current news reporting - does President Donald Trump know Lev Parnas well enough to discuss staff firings with

Sigh...you will believe everything you hear. That's OK, it';s the liberal way....no matter how untrue unless it is against Trump.

There were quite a few people in the room with Trump, not just Parvas. Do you remember EVERY communication you had with EVERY person you spoke to no matter the subject matter,,,,and who is to say he was speaking directly to Parvas? He could very well have been speaking to a staff member who was in the position to pass along Trump's orders. You don't know, you just want to believe.

bugsy
Professor Participates
11.2.21  bugsy  replied to  CB @11.2.19    4 years ago
Use of repetition is an established method of communicating information to long-term memory.

A well known ploy by the left. Most libs believe that if they repeat a lie enough, to them, that lie becomes the truth.

Libs heard alot of lies during the democrat 24 hour blah-a- thon.

lib50
Professor Silent
11.2.22  lib50  replied to  bugsy @11.2.21    4 years ago

You are totally projecting.   Gop has been repeating lies for YEARS to win.  Hillary Clinton was a victim, Obama was a victim.  Nothing EVER came from them, but that wasn't the point.  Exactly like what they are trying to do to Biden.  Truth is not on Trump's side.  Ever.  So when you say things like that, its just like Trump, projecting his deeds and crimes.  He just can't help it, been doing it forever.  Looks like real witnesses are coming.  Under oath.  That Trump doesn't want to talk.  Bet he's tweeting up a storm tonight. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
11.2.23  bugsy  replied to  lib50 @11.2.22    4 years ago

Nope....my post was point on...yours? Not so much...

CB
Professor Principal
11.2.24  CB  replied to  bugsy @11.2.20    4 years ago

Er bugsy, is it? That is not plausible deniability. People of a certain age have experiences which inform them. Let's get some audio out here - Soundroom!

Audio: The Trump Talk With Lev Parnas That Never Happened

Riddle me this:

1. How the heaven does this "civilian" Lev Parnas get into Trump's security bubble without vetting?
  2. How the heaven does Lev Parnas have tape of Trump's voice in a secure setting?
  3. How much audio did Lev Parnas record that evening or any other evenings? And of whom?

CB
Professor Principal
11.2.25  CB  replied to  lib50 @11.2.22    4 years ago

Keep it up, lib50! Gag 'em with facts! Hold them down on the mat until republicans cry, "I give up." And keep a record. Some of 'em are model students of this shady president! If you don't - - - - it's Jason + Halloween all over again!

CB
Professor Principal
11.2.26  CB  replied to  bugsy @11.2.21    4 years ago

Yes, repetition is a well-known way to submit information to long-term memory. I can't help that you don't like it. We got your elephants to sit still!

We'll have to wait and see if it worked on the senators and more importantly with the public. Anywho, I am pleased as 'punch' that democrats finally had republicans sit down and get several doses of what they had in their 'kits.' One thing is clear - it's in republicans whether they like it or not and for better or worse it will remain in them too!

taking-his-medicine-illustration-shows-p

lib50
Professor Silent
11.2.27  lib50  replied to  bugsy @11.2.23    4 years ago

You projected the gop working plan.  Lie and repeat it over and over.  Like they are doing with Biden. And Hillary.  And Obama.  And whoever else pisses them off, like Bolton now.   It is totally on point.  I just like to add more info to break that bullshit bubble.  You are the one trying to blame the dems for what gop does.

Defense has lied about so much, and calling out your lie is spot on point.  Trump lies every single day.  Bondi lied about that entire Burisma/Biden monologue.  REPEATING LIES, like Trump and anybody who quotes him.  Putin lies.  Gop know he is guilty (hence the pressure for no witnesses and as little information as possible) and are helping him hide his crimes.  But Bolton is about to bring them to the surface whether they like it or not.  And conservatives can't really opine on fact and fiction until they can tell the difference. 

This is further augmented by social media. Under the headline “Fact-based impeachment can’t penetrate the pro-Trump Web”, the Washington Post highlighted how Friday’s impeachment hearing was watched by a private Facebook group with more than 75,000 members under the banner “The Trump deplorables”.

It reported: “The defense mounted by Trump’s allies made perfect sense to those following live on social media, in groups sealed off from general scrutiny, where facts are established by volume, and confirmation comes from likes. The effect of social media is to jack up the tenor of everything.”

This calibrated, multi-pronged Republican assault has left the nation in what some call a state of “truth decay” as all sense of shared reality breaks down. The tactics offer a chilling preview of how the president intends to fight next year’s election.

And that's why more and more Americans support impeachment and removing Trump from office.  Which is the topic.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
11.2.28  Sparty On  replied to  lib50 @11.2.27    4 years ago
Lie and repeat it over and over.

Wow .... projecting projection.  

Nice job!

lib50
Professor Silent
11.2.29  lib50  replied to  Sparty On @11.2.28    4 years ago

Interesting that I've given examples of gop lies repeated and you haven't refuted or rebutted.  Or given an example.  All we ever hear is the repeated lies and obfuscations.