╌>

GOP Governor Candidate: Planned Parenthood Aims To ‘Destroy The Entire Black Race’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  4 years ago  •  25 comments

By:   Alanna Vagianos, Huffpost

GOP Governor Candidate: Planned Parenthood Aims To ‘Destroy The Entire Black Race’

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

U.S.

1b7bcfa0-ffe6-11e8-abbe-535ccd54ed26 January 21, 2020, 7:59 PM EST

North Carolina Lt. Gov. Dan Forest (R), who’s running for governor in this year’s elections, used an event honoring   Martin Luther King Jr . on Monday to accuse   Planned Parenthood   of committing Black genocide through its  abortion  services.

“There is no doubt that when Planned Parenthood was created, it was created to destroy the entire Black race,” he said to members of the Church of God in Christ in Raleigh, North Carolina. “That was the purpose of Planned Parenthood. And that’s just the truth.”

Conservative Christians for decades have argued that Planned Parenthood and other reproductive rights organizations use abortion to eradicate the Black race, claiming that racism within the medical community has led to more Black women than white women being coerced into ending pregnancies.

“How the Black community can’t come together to see that and understand the fight against ― I don’t know. How the white [community] can’t see that and come together ― I don’t know,” Forest said. “And so we have a job to do. And the challenge to all of us is do we have the courage to do it?”

5e27601b22000008053eb259.jpeg?cache=nWFk

North Carolina Lt. Gov. Dan Forest seeks to emerge as this year's Republican nominee for governor in a March 3 primary. (Photo: Raleigh News & Observer via Getty Images)

This idea has embedded itself within some Black communities across the country, but only a few major political candidates have made the argument as publicly as Forest.

While running in the 2016 GOP presidential primary,  Ben Carson ― a former neurosurgeon who now serves as the secretary of Housing and Urban Development ―   accused Planned Parenthood  of putting the majority of the organization’s clinics in Black neighborhoods in order to “control the population.”

Carson also called out Planned Parenthood founder  Margaret Sanger , who in the early 1900s  was a vocal supporter of eugenics  ― the practice of selective breeding. Sanger, Carson said, “was not particularly enamored with Black people.” 

Planned Parenthood has distanced itself from Sanger’s views on race,  saying in 2016  that “the way to move forward is to acknowledge Sanger’s wrongdoings, encourage open conversations, and continue to address racism and ableism wherever they exist ― outside or inside our organization.”

People who embrace the Black genocide notion frequently point out that Black women in the U.S. account for  28%  of reported abortions each year yet make up only  13%  of the female population.

Filmmaker Yoruba Richen, who created the short documentary “ Anti-Abortion Crusaders: Inside The African-American Abortion Battle ,” noted to  HuffPost in 2018  that reproductive rights advocates and anti-abortion activists interpret these figures differently.

“The real question that reproductive rights people want to look at is why [more Black women get abortions]. What is it that is causing those numbers?” she said. “And it’s everything from lack of sex education, health care access and many, many other causes ... You can definitely use that statistic in many ways.”

Richen also warned of the effects of an anti-abortion movement within the Black community.

“This is a movement that is being ignored at our peril,” she said in the HuffPost interview. “It hasn’t gotten a lot of attention, but I think it actually is potent and effective and it seems to be making inroads within the mainstream abortion movement.” 

Forest, 52, seeks the Republican gubernatorial nomination in North Carolina’s March 3 primary. The winner of that vote almost assuredly will take on Gov. Roy Cooper, who is heavily favored to win the Democratic primary as he bids for a second term. 

Related...

The Little-Known History Behind Planned Parenthood

A Black Abortion Rights Activist On White Women And The Myth Of 'Black Genocide'

How Medical Racism Created A Black Anti-Abortion Movement

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

Conservative Christians for decades have argued that Planned Parenthood and other reproductive rights organizations use abortion to eradicate the Black race, claiming that racism within the medical community has led to more Black women than white women being coerced into ending pregnancies.

“How the Black community can’t come together to see that and understand the fight against ― I don’t know. How the white [community] can’t see that and come together ― I don’t know,” Forest said. “And so we have a job to do. And the challenge to all of us is do we have the courage to do it?”

You obviously don't know dick you inbred racist goober 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

No woman is coerced into abortion.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tessylo @2    4 years ago

Of course some are. Are you familiar with humans? People get pushed and manipulated, particularly by family and boyfriends, and  accept having things they don't want done to them all the time. 

Pro tip: As soon as you say "no woman" you are almost certainly wrong. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1    4 years ago

Nonsense.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    4 years ago
Planned Parenthood Aims To ‘Destroy The Entire Black Race’

I doubt very much they’re thinking is that complicated these days. It’s a business. They’re trying to make money. I would imagine it probably helps the bottom line that they offer a relatively unique service.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 years ago

It's not about profit with Planned Parenthood tacos.  They have to cover their costs.  

3% of Planned Parenthood's services are related to abortion.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @3.1    4 years ago
3% of Planned Parenthood's services are related to abortion.

The percentage is not really the point. They are the number one provider of abortions in the country. That’s a big draw, business wise. Their other services are readily found elsewhere.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.1    4 years ago

Of course it is the point.  Again, they have to cover their costs.  They are not for profit.  

'Their other services are readily found elsewhere.'

Where?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.2    4 years ago
They are not for profit.

Of course they are. It’s just that their profits aren’t going to private investors. The business still seeks to expand and grow itself. Professional employees are still as well paid as they can be. Executives are very well paid. 

I guess it’s tempting to imagine that all 501(c)(3)s are run by humble public servants toiling for meager wages, but that’s just not true.

'Their other services are readily found elsewhere.' Where?

Their other services include things like STD screening, cancer screening, pregnancy testing, and contraception. You can easily get those things at ordinary health clinics, doctor offices, and pharmacies.

Offering abortion is a huge asset to the business model of Planned Parenthood. I wouldn’t think that would even be a controversial observation. If it weren’t true and it were readily available elsewhere, there would be little reason to fight for PP’s ability to continue to offer it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.3    4 years ago

No, they're not.

It's only 3% of their services.  

It's not a business model.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.4    4 years ago

It's like claiming Major league baseball is in the hot dog selling business, because only .12 percent of what they do is baseball games. It must be embarrassing to blindly support a billion dollar corporation that thinks so little of it's supporrters that it can put out blatently misleading numbers like that knowing it's cheerleaders will parrot them without thinking. 

Abortions are a major revenue stream for PP, about 50%, but it's hard to say for sure because they won't disclose any numbers. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.6  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.5    4 years ago

Again, they have to cover their costs.  They are not for profit.  Billion dollar corporation?  Nonsense.

I don't trust National Review or the Susan B. Anthony 'source'  They are anti-choice.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.6    4 years ago

1.67 billion In revenue makes them a billion dollar corporation.

I don't trust National Review or the Susan B. Anthony 'source'  They are a

i linked to the post. Ironic you don’t  trust  sources for being anti choice yet you literally parrot pr releases from an abortion company.  Do you parrot Exxon PR statements for your environmental news as well? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.8  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.7    4 years ago

They're 'right' wing sources and not reliable.  

They're not an abortion company.

How ridiculous.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 years ago

They are registered as a  501c3 non profit with the IRS.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Split Personality @3.2    4 years ago

501c3s make money too. They just don’t pay it out to private investors.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4  lady in black    4 years ago

Another southern whack job MALE

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  lady in black @4    4 years ago

I wonder how many mistresses he's coerced into getting an abortion?  Or under aged girls?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    4 years ago
No woman is coerced into abortion.

And then you state............

I wonder how many mistresses he's coerced into getting an abortion? 

Can you clarify? It seems a bit curious. Thanks in advance.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.1.1    4 years ago

I'm betting this scummy republicon is campaigning on a 'family values' platform. 

They're always the ones caught with their pants down.

Or coercing their mistresses to have abortions.

Their are many instances out there.