╌>

Young Americans Want Trump Gone

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  112 comments

Young Americans Want Trump Gone
Almost 2/3 of Americans age 18-29 think President Trump should be found guilty in his impeachment trial and removed from office, according to a new poll released by Pew research. 

Almost 2/3 of Americans age 18-29 think President Trump should be found guilty in his impeachment trial and removed from office, according to a new poll released by Pew research. 

"63% of those under 30 say the trial should lead to Trump’s removal."

I wonder how many of that 63% will be persuaded over the next 10 months to change their opinion of Trump and vote for him in November. Since he will undoubtedly commit even more impeachable offenses as we go through this election year , and the panic sets in day after day, I'm thinking not too many of that 63% of young people will be seeing him in a favorable light. That 63% will probably grow.  It's got to be rough to be a leader of a country, and have so many young people, the future of the nation, think you should be sent away. 

The new Pew poll also shows Trump's approval rating stuck at 40%, the familiar level based on the "deplorables" that has been so constant over the past 3 years. 

It is hard to imagine where the votes are going to come from to re-elect President* Trump.  That's probably why so many Trump supporters are cheering for Tulsi Gabbard to become an independent candidate for president.  They have to find a way for Trump to win with 44 or 45 percent of the vote. 

Another striking result of this Pew poll is the result that 70% of all Americans think that Trump has done something unethical during his time in office or during the 2016 campaign.  Almost 2/3 of Americans believe he has done something illegal during the past four years.  

How on earth can we as a nation be seriously considering putting this person in power for four MORE years ?

related

https://www.people-press.org/2020/01/22/by-a-narrow-margin-americans-say-senate-trial-should-result-in-trumps-removal/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago
Majorities of Americans say it is likely that Trump has acted illegally or unethically

About six-in-ten Americans (63%) think that Donald Trump has probably or definitely done things that are illegal either during the 2016 election campaign or during his time in office. Slightly more (70%) say he has probably or definitely done things that are unethical.

PP_2020.01.22_impeachment_0-04.pnghttps://www.people-press.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2020/01/PP_2020.01.22_impeachment_0-04.png?resize=159,300 159w, 541w, 160w, 214w, 200w, 260w, 310w, 420w" sizes="(max-width: 310px) 100vw, 310px" > More than nine-in-ten Democrats (91%) and about one-third (32%) of Republicans say he has definitely or probably done illegal things, while 90% of Democrats and 47% of Republicans say he has definitely or probably done things that are unethical.

About two-thirds of Democrats (66%) express certainty that Trump has done things that are illegal, including 79% of liberal Democrats and 55% of moderate and conservative Democrats.

Republicans are much less likely than Democrats to say that Trump has definitely done illegal things, with only 8% saying this. However, an additional 23% say he has probably done illegal things.

About half of moderate and liberal Republicans (48%) say that Trump has probably or definitely done things that are illegal (moderates and liberals make up about one-third of Republicans and Republican leaners). Just 20% of conservative Republicans say this.

The proportion of Democrats saying Trump has probably or definitely done unethical things (90%) is nearly identical to the proportion saying he has done illegal things (91%). Among Republicans, more say that Trump has probably or definitely acted unethically (47%) than say he has probably or definitely acted illegally (32%).

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Fun with internet statistics:

My guess is nearly 100% of the 63% under 30, that felt Trump should be impeached has some level of TDS psychosis.   This being completely independent of whether they claim to be liberal or conservative since the believability of those claims are a horse that left the barn in 2016 immediately after Trump won and the "resist movement" vowed revenge.

That group has had a pox on Trump from day one and therefore are not a source of reliable polling data ....

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @1.1    4 years ago

TDS , as you believe it to be, does not exist. No one is IRRATIONALLY opposed to Trump.  It is an oxymoron of sorts, if you will.  It is a contradiction in terms to suggest that anyone can unfairly or irrationally oppose Trump. 

I am toying with the idea of asking Perrie and the moderators to declare that the phrase TDS is an expression of trolling and ban its use on NT. jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    4 years ago

'I am toying with the idea of asking Perrie and the moderators to declare that the phrase TDS is an expression of trolling and ban its use on NT.'

It's their go to deflection.  

I'm all for that though I doubt Perrie will allow it.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    4 years ago
TDS , as you believe it to be, does not exist.

You can keep saying that John but it will never make it the truth.   Never

TDS is running rampant in certain segments of this country.  

The massive amounts of empirical evidence of such is undeniable.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.2    4 years ago

Yeah, Perrie does tend to be against censorship.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.5  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.3    4 years ago

LOL. You sound like Trump. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.5    4 years ago

This article isn't about me John.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
1.1.7  Larry Hampton  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.3    4 years ago
massive amounts of empirical evidence of such is undeniable

Really!? Empirical evidence?

Let's see it. Not opinion; but, scientific "empirical" facts.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  Larry Hampton @1.1.7    4 years ago

Lol so now it needs to be "scientific" empirical facts eh?   We working on Time Entanglement Theory now are we?

By definition such evidence need only be observed or experienced regularly which it is here and in the mass media in very copious amounts.   Of course ones mind, eyes and ears must be open to observe or experience such evidence.

That IS a clear problem for many  ......

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @1.1    4 years ago
My guess is nearly 100% of the 63% under 30, that felt Trump should be impeached has some level of TDS psychosis.  

They would be those who wake up in the morning saying "I got to get on twitter" as their hands shake with rage. It must be a terrible feeling to hate a man that much and not be able to beat him.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.10  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.9    4 years ago
"I got to get on twitter" as their hands shake with rage.

it sounds more like you are describing your hero

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.10    4 years ago

Would it be off topic to ask about some of the candidates these young people favor?

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
1.1.12  Larry Hampton  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.8    4 years ago

Just what I thought; you haven’t got shit.

Present this “evidence” or just admit you have none. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Sparty On  replied to  Larry Hampton @1.1.12    4 years ago

That "shit" is everywhere in the mass media and beyond.

The only obtuse thing in our conversation is that you're apparently in denial that it is.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.14  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sparty On @1.1    4 years ago

Any pox on Trump, he brought on himself.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Sparty On  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.14    4 years ago

Nah, by definition one doesn’t put a pox on ones self.   But Trump doesn’t to worry about that.    Plenty of TDS ridden pox bringers on the left out there.

Plenty

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.2  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago
About six-in-ten Americans (63%) think that Donald Trump has probably or definitely done things that are illegal either during the 2016 election campaign or during his time in office.

That's ok, though! He's not being impeached for doing something illegal. I've heard that over and over. He's being impeached for "abuse of power." 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2  Ronin2    4 years ago

The same type of polls that had Hillary winning in a landslide?

You know what they say about polls.

If the Democrats are that confident why are they so worried about their impeachment failing? Maybe because many of those polled said what the pollster wanted to hear? Many simply lied know the reaction any support of Trump causes? And more will simply hold their noses and go with the lesser of two evils; which will be Trump over the economy killing Democratic candidates.

You should be rejoicing! Forget the impeachment, the Dems have got the next elections in the bag!/S

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @2    4 years ago
Final Results -- -- -- 48.2 46.1 Clinton +2.1
RCP Average 11/1 - 11/7 -- -- 46.8 43.6 Clinton +3.2

The final results figure, Clinton +2.1 was the actual margin of the national popular vote in the 2016 presidential election

The RCP average is the Real Clear Politics average of the final national polls that they tracked, Clinton +3.2. 

The polling was within the margin of error. 

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.2  JBB  replied to    4 years ago

Oh, "Blah Blah Blah". Get real! You seem to have completely forgotten that the damn gop sustained a historic whooping in the 2018 midterm elections. In fact, it was the most lopsided Congressional popular vote loss ever in ALL US HISTORY! The Democrats won the 2018 midterm generic Congressional popular vote by 8.6%. Trump may have pulled an inside straight winning the Electoral College in 2016 despite losing the popular vot by 3% butt that is mathematically impossible if he loses by more than 5% or more in 2020, which seems very very likely today. 55% of Americans want Trump's lying cheating forever impeached criminal behind convicted by the US Senate and then removed from office forthwith. Put that in your pipe and smoke it...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.2    4 years ago

I love how you parrot that "historic whooping" about!

That "historic whooping" you bray about resulted in fewer seats lost than what Presidents Obama AND Clinton lost!

LMFAO that you STILL think it is historic!

Don't you know by now that OVERALL votes for Congress and Senate don't amount to a hill of beans?

It is like your Abuela's "historic" popular vote "win"--doesn't mean a DAMN thing, and never will.

Tell me this, since you remain so convinced--do you think the Democratic Party was HAPPY with the election results, or do you think maybe, just maybe, they would have liked to win more seats, especially in the Senate?

Do you think your Abuela was happy with her popular vote win, or was she bitching and moaning about why she lost because she was disappointed with the results that actually matter?

Tell you what, I hope all Democrats adopt your philosophy on elections.

Sure will make the GOP happy!

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.4  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.3    4 years ago

For just this once listen up and learn something. It is mathematically impossible for Donald Trump to win the Electoral College again in 2020 if the Democrats win the popular vote be anywhere near the 8.6% margin of victory the Democrats won in 2018...

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.1.5  KDMichigan  replied to  JBB @2.1.2    4 years ago
sustained a historic whooping in the 2018 midterm elections.

I don't blame you for leaving the race baiting, lead from behind, shit stain obama out of "your" history recollection either...

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.6  JBB  replied to  KDMichigan @2.1.5    4 years ago

Except that, exactly Zero No Nada Zip ranking Obama campaign or administration officials have ever. EVER, been criminally indicted for any official malfeasance in office. Not One! Nobody will ever be able to say that about Trump. In SPADES! Trump cards, if you will. They will probably have to add a whole new wing onto the FCA at Terra Haute to warehouse all the Trumpsters that are headed to federal lockup. Obama served with honor and integrity. Nobody will ever be able to say that about Trump with a straight face...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.4    4 years ago
For just this once listen up and learn something. It is mathematically impossible for Donald Trump to win the Electoral College again in 2020 if the Democrats win the popular vote be anywhere near the 8.6% margin of victory the Democrats won in 2018...

Ridiculous. Check your freaking math. It is certainly not impossible. But perhaps it is to folks whose math consists of complaining about "cuts" that were really increases.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.4    4 years ago
It is mathematically impossible for Donald Trump to win the Electoral College again in 2020 if the Democrats win the popular vote be anywhere near the 8.6% margin of victory the Democrats won in 2018...

Please, read THIS about your "historic whooping" of 2018--if you dare, of course.

Congressional races in 2018, on average, were decided by a smaller margin-of-victory (MOV) than in any even-year elections since 2012. Relative to 2016, the average Senate margin of victory decreased from 22.1% to 16.8% and the average House margin of victory decreased from 36.6% to 30.2%.
Margin of victory analysis for the 2018 congressional ...
ballotpedia.org/Margin_of_victory_analysis_for_the_2018_congressional_elections

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
3  Dean Moriarty    4 years ago

I guess there's no need for a trail they already reached a verdict. I hope these people never sit on a jury. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1  It Is ME  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3    4 years ago
I hope these people never sit on a jury.

Most of them don't know …… MUCH of anything ! They let their "Smart" phones tell them what to think. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  It Is ME @3.1    4 years ago

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4  Sparty On    4 years ago

Meh, much of that age group doesn't know what it doesn't know yet.

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    4 years ago

The millions of Trump supporters who died of olde age since 2016 have been replaced by a much younger much more diverse better educated and increasingly progressive American electorate...

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
5.1  KDMichigan  replied to  JBB @5    4 years ago

The millions of basement dwellers that got kicked out and had to get a job will make up for them.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5    4 years ago
The millions of Trump supporters who died of olde age since 2016 have been replaced by a much younger much more diverse better educated and increasingly progressive American electorate...

Hilarious!

Older voters have higher turnout rates. Doesn't exactly support your little theory that the younger groups are smarter, better educated, or even fucking interested.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.1  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2    4 years ago

Hilarious? Read it and weep...

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.2  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2    4 years ago

Except that exacty none of the 5,000,000+ senior citizens who died in the US since 2016 and who voted overwhelming for Trump in 2016 will be voting for Trump in 2020. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.2.1    4 years ago

Weep??

Hell, I can't hardly stop from laughing!

You bank on maybes. I will rely on stats which prove that older voters vote in far larger numbers.

And you would need to prove that 5 million older voters who voted for Trump have died. Can you do that?

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.4  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.3    4 years ago

Your desperation is palpable. A younger more diverse more progressive electorate is inexorably replacing the older less diverse less progressive voters who inevitably die between our four year election cycles. It is not my theory. There is a documented change in progress and it is further tilting the American electorate towards the Democrats and away from the gop. Facts talk. Bullshit goes down the tubes where the gop is going. That giant flushing sound you hear is Trump's electoral prospects in 2020 going down the proverbial crapper...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.2.4    4 years ago

Desperation??

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

The man I voted for sits in the WH.

How about YOUR candidate?

Don't you remember all the talk in 2016?

Remember when the pundits claimed Trump had NO way to 270?

That the Blue Wall would hold?

That there was virtually NO WAY Trump could beat your Abuela?

That the polls almost all said Abuela would win?

And how Democrats have whined, bitched, cried, screamed at the sky and pouted for the last 3 years?

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.7  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.5    4 years ago

Ooh ooh that smell. Smell of rank desperation.

I provided scholarly analysis. You just talk shit...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.2.7    4 years ago

It is difficult for me to put any stock in anything someone says when that someone considers overall votes for Congress and Senate "victories" while the entire rest of the sane world as we know it realizes that seats won or lost are how election outcomes are determined. Saying the overall popular vote is a historic whooping is like sour grapes for losers. Just like claiming Clinton "won" the popular vote is significant to the same folks who think it is important, while the rest of the sane world knows that who sits in the WH is FAR more important.

But you keep banking on theory and popular vote totals and please convince your Democrats to conduct ALL their elections in accordance with what YOU consider the most important thing in an election, and I'll continue to support a party and candidates that knows what it actually takes to win, mmmkay?

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.9  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.8    4 years ago

Don't believe me? Read the links I provided.

user image
Freshman Silent
5.3    replied to  JBB @5    4 years ago

They are progressive when they are young and dumb. Once they get a few years experience in life and a job that actually makes money, they will change their voting habits.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  @5.3    4 years ago

And fortunately that is when they will take on their civic responsibility of voting

user image
Freshman Silent
5.3.2    replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.1    4 years ago

It's why dems are always trying to lower the voting age. The less intelligence and experience their voters have, the better their chances.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  @5.3.2    4 years ago

That's right and even that won't be enough. With young teens they will need to remind them of the day to vote and maybe even find a way to vote for them.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.3.4  katrix  replied to  @5.3.2    4 years ago
The less intelligence and experience their voters have, the better their chances

That's hilarious, since even Trump acknowledges that less informed and less educated people are great supporters of his.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.3.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  katrix @5.3.4    4 years ago

A sixteen year old has no business voting.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.6  Texan1211  replied to  katrix @5.3.4    4 years ago

As they are of Democrats. A good portion of the Democratic base is made up of some the most poorly educated people.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.3.7  lady in black  replied to  Texan1211 @5.3.6    4 years ago

Wrong, republicans are poorly educated...red states are rated the worst in education.

user image
Freshman Silent
5.3.8    replied to  lady in black @5.3.7    4 years ago

California is about the lowest of the low. Far from a red state

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.9  Texan1211  replied to  lady in black @5.3.7    4 years ago

Hilarious.

Do blacks vote overwhelmingly Democrat? Can Dems win without them?

Blacks and Hispanics are the two least-educated groups of people, and both vote overwhelmingly Democratic.

You are going to have to try to sell that crap somewhere else--I ain't buying it!

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.3.10  lady in black  replied to  @5.3.8    4 years ago

Wrong:

Here, the 10 worst states for education, according to the latest data. 

1. Texas 

2. Arizona 

3. Arkansas 

4. Alabama

5. Mississippi 

6. Oklahoma 

7. West Virginia

8. Louisiana

9. Nevada 

10. New Mexico

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.3.11  lady in black  replied to  Texan1211 @5.3.9    4 years ago

Here, the 10 worst states for education, according to the latest data. 

1. Texas 

2. Arizona 

3. Arkansas 

4. Alabama

5. Mississippi 

6. Oklahoma 

7. West Virginia

8. Louisiana

9. Nevada 

10. New Mexico

I know, I know, them darn pesky FACTS

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.3.12  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.3.5    4 years ago

16 year olds can vote in your state?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.3.13  author  JohnRussell  replied to  lady in black @5.3.11    4 years ago

Wait a minute , arent the first eight on that list red states?  The last two are purple turning blue. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.14  Texan1211  replied to  lady in black @5.3.11    4 years ago

Here we were--talking about groups of the least educated, and now you decide to switch to state education instead?

Why do so many people seem hellbent on proving Reagan was right?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.3.15  lady in black  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3.13    4 years ago

Darn facts get in the way.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.16  Texan1211  replied to  lady in black @5.3.15    4 years ago

I gave you verified facts about groups of people and their levels of education. You chose to skip over that because it doesn't play into your pet theory, and you switched to state rankings.

I suppose the FACTS did get in your way.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.3.17  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3.12    4 years ago

No but there are some that think the age should be lowered.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.3.18  lady in black  replied to  Texan1211 @5.3.16    4 years ago

I gave you verified facts, please don't let them get in your way.

Texas ranks the worst.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.19  Texan1211  replied to  lady in black @5.3.18    4 years ago

Yes, yes, yes, you gave some facts.

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Perhaps next time you will be able to give some facts regarding what I was discussing.

First time for everything, right?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6  Texan1211    4 years ago

Just because it hasn't happened yet does NOT mean it is impossible.

It IS possible--do the math, FFS.

What if California voted 90% to 10% for a Democrat? And New York the same? And other states did the same? What if the total of the electoral votes from those states only totaled 260? What if the GOP won all the other states 51% to 49%? What if the total of all the other states electoral votes exceeded 270? That would mean that the Democrat received FAR more in popular votes but still lost the election (I will assume that even you will reluctantly agree that electoral votes are what wins).

Snuffy
Professor Participates
7  Snuffy    4 years ago

Depends on which states make up the vote.  Had Clinton won 100% of the vote in all the states she won back in 2016 she would have taken in 41% of the vote based on total population. But still would have lost the EC vote as she didn't win enough states.  So IMO you really should not compare popular vote count to the EC vote count.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1  Texan1211  replied to  Snuffy @7    4 years ago
Depends on which states make up the vote.  Had Clinton won 100% of the vote in all the states she won back in 2016 she would have taken in 41% of the vote based on total population. But still would have lost the EC vote as she didn't win enough states.  So IMO you really should not compare popular vote count to the EC vote count. 

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

JBB
Professor Principal
7.2  JBB  replied to  Snuffy @7    4 years ago

Yeah, if Clinton won 100% of the votes in the states she carried...which is also statistically impossible. The demographic changes going on in America are documented and support my contention. All you have is a statistically implausible wet dream to pin your waning hopes on. I provided links with documentation. You only have a completely barren theory unsupported by evidence or...math! Back to the drawing board you go...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @7.2    4 years ago

I wish I had a dollar for every time some yahoo has predicted the death of the GOP over the last 40 years!

Hell, I could retire now instead of later!

JBB
Professor Principal
7.2.2  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @7.2.1    4 years ago

I am comfortably retired thanks to Obama...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @7.2.2    4 years ago

R-I-g-h-t.

In just 8 short years, you banked enough in a shitty economy (for at least 3 years of those 8) to retire on.

That is certainly believeable.

/s

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.2.4  bugsy  replied to  JBB @7.2.2    4 years ago
I am comfortably retired thanks to Obama...

Deleted - s

Snuffy
Professor Participates
7.2.5  Snuffy  replied to  JBB @7.2    4 years ago

Way to not read what I typed.  I said if Clinton won 100% of the votes in the states she carried in 2016.  Yes I know that's statistically impossible, but you are the one comparing apples to potatoes. Then you go on to talk about links stating what might happen in the future.  I go back to the original statement in my post,  you should not compare the popular vote count to the EC vote count. And for the presidential election it's all about the EC.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8  bbl-1    4 years ago

Except the 'older less diverse' conservative bloc is filling the courts with like minded people.  Progressives are playing a card game without the hole cards.

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1  JBB  replied to  bbl-1 @8    4 years ago

Trump stacking our courts contrary to the will of the American electorate will also be a major factor increasing Democratic turnout in 2020...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @8.1    4 years ago
Trump stacking our courts contrary to the will of the American electorate will also be a major factor increasing Democratic turnout in 2020...

In your own words--read it and weep:

A major factor in Democratic turnout??

Were Democrats too stupid to realize that a President has the power to appoint judges in 2016????

SMMFH--the "party of education" didn't know, and are now panicked into voting in 2020?

Hilarious stuff!!!

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8.1.2  bbl-1  replied to  JBB @8.1    4 years ago

Agree.  But, what if there is a movement to remove judges that did not meet the requirements of the ABA?  In example, which would mean that Kavanaugh would be...………..gone.  That would be a twist and a total refutation of Trumpism once and for all.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8.1.3  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.1    4 years ago

When I voted in 2016 the judicial system was first and foremost in my mind.  When Trump told Matthews that women seeking pregnancy termination should receive, "Some sort of punishment," that sealed it for me.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  bbl-1 @8.1.2    4 years ago

Kavanaugh received the highest possible rating from the ABA.

look it up

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @8.1.2    4 years ago

The ABA doesn't set any enforceable standards for federal judges.

No way a SC Justice will be removed. That is certainly a pipe dream, and you should set that pipe down!

And actually, the ABA stated this:

The ABA Standing Committee on the Federal Judiciary on Friday gave its highest rating of well-qualified to Kavanaugh, a 53-year-old judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. Kavanaugh was nominated July 9 to replace Justice Anthony M. Kennedy, who announced his retirement June 27.

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1.6  JBB  replied to  bbl-1 @8.1.2    4 years ago

The answer is vote as if futures depends on it.

Because they do. Voter turnout = Trump loses.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @8.1.6    4 years ago
If voters turn out Trump goes...

Um, hate to burst your little bubble, but didn't voters turn out in 2016 when Trump actually won?

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1.8  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.7    4 years ago

Must you constantly ask lame uninformed dumb questions which are common public knowledge and easily researched? Don't be so lazy...

4.4 million Democratic voters from 2012 failed to vote in 2016. All indications are those voters will be highly motivated to vote in 2020...for whomever is the Democratic candidate. They aren't likely to make that mistake again...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @8.1.8    4 years ago

If 4.4 million failed to vote for whatever excuse they may have had, what does that suggest about the quality of the candidate they had to vote for?

And you think the current clown crop is better?

LMFAO!!!!!!!!

And what makes you think that this time will be any different? Feelings??????

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1.10  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.9    4 years ago

Read the provided links if you're uninformed!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @8.1.8    4 years ago
All indications are those voters will be highly motivated to vote in 2020...for whomever is the Democratic candidate. 

Correct me if you can prove me wrong, but didn't almost all indicators predict an Abuela victory?

How'd that work out for you?

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1.12  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.11    4 years ago

The polls correctly predicted Clinton by 3%.

Polls now predict Biden over Trump by 5%...

Trump will not win the EC losing by over 4%.

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1.14  JBB  replied to  XDm9mm @8.1.13    4 years ago

Trump pulled an inside straight in 2016..

What are the chances of that this time?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @8.1.12    4 years ago
The polls correctly predicted Clinton by 3%.

And she lost the election.

Polls now predict Biden over Trump by 5%...

So you assume Biden is the nominee already? Weird that he is still campaigning like he hasn't gotten it sewn up yet, and even weirder that Democrats still oppose him. Or is his nomination inevitable, like Hillary's?

Trump will not win the EC losing by over 4%.

That is possible. It is also possible he could lose by a bigger margin and still win the election. As has been pointed out and proven previously.

So, all indicators indicated an Abuela victory which she magically turned into a loss. Doesn't that mean the indicators were wrong, or at least misleading?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @8.1.14    4 years ago

Why in hell did you post stats about picking up pocket pairs when your claim is that Trump drew an inside straight?

And why are you bringing cards into it when the election is something totally different?

You are comparing cards to elections. Heck, you might as well compare marshmallows to celery.

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1.18  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.16    4 years ago

And, that is why I usually ignore your impertinent trolling. You are not interested in even considering the copious evidence and scholarly research I have already provided to you. By the swiftness you post your lameass replies it is clear you have not even looked at what I went to the trouble of providing for your edification. I do expect Biden will be the Democratic nominee though that is to be seen and that he will win the EC and popular vote. Trump is behind in the swing states he must win. The electorate has and continues to change in the 2020 Democrat's favor. Olde cons are dying off and being replaced by a younger more diverse more progressive electorate. Unless you have some credible evidence otherwise then we must consider any further equivocations by you as bluff, bluster and merely a lame attempt at trolling. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.19  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @8.1.18    4 years ago

Well, you bet your hefty retirement courtesy of Obama all on it.

Since you are so cocksure and all.

the credible evidence I have is that Trump already beat a Democrat who was supposed to win easily.

Now, THAT is indisputable, even for you.

You take all the numbers you want, Until you win an election, they mean nothing.

I remember when Dems were braying about turning Texas blue, or at least purple, and they had their little media darling with her famous pink tennis shoes. 

But what really happened? She lost by a larger margin than the previous Democrat did.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9  Tacos!    4 years ago

Legal opinions from the PewDiePie generation. Super.

JBB
Professor Principal
9.1  JBB  replied to  Tacos! @9    4 years ago

What have you got? False grace? Unfounded hope?

Surely you have a link to scholarly research, also...

Nope? There is no denying the American electorate becoming more diverse, better educated and more progressive. If you had any evidence to the contrary you would provide it...butt you do not!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  JBB @9.1    4 years ago
Surely you have a link to scholarly research

Of what? What are you talking about? I haven't said anything that would remotely prompt the need for scholarly research.

There is no denying the American electorate becoming more diverse, better educated and more progressive.

Even if true, I don't see the point you are trying to make.

Anyway, we did have a poll here a couple weeks ago that showed 77% of that "better educated electorate" couldn't find Iran on a map . So, there is denying possible.

In fact, a book came out about 10 years ago looking at this issue.

Just How Stupid Are We?: Facing the Truth About the American Voter

Among the authors findings?

• Only two out of five of us can identify the three branches of government;
  • Less than half of us know which nation dropped the atomic bomb;
  • Only one-third of us know that the Congress, not the President, declares war;
  • Only 30% of us know that members of the House of Representatives serve two-year terms and only 25% of us know that Senators serve six-year terms;
  • Most Americans continue to believe that the 9/11 terrorists came from poverty or were neglected as children despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary;
  • A generation ago presidential speeches were pitched at the level of twelfth graders. Today they are pitched at the level of seventh graders;
  • Even after the 9/11 Commission had stated publicly that Saddam Hussein had provided no support to Al Qaeda, a poll showed that half the population still insisted that he had; and
  • Only 25% of us can name more than one of the five freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment but more than 50% of us can name two members of the Simpson family.

JBB
Professor Principal
9.1.3  JBB  replied to  Tacos! @9.1.2    4 years ago

That has nothing to do with it. What evidence do you have that the American electorate is not becoming more diverse, younger and more progressive? There is oodles of easily found evidence that it is. I can find nothing indicating otherwise and am confident that if such evidence were available you we would provide it. You have not because you cannot. That is your problem. I have made my case with documented evidence to prove it. You have not because you cannot. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  JBB @9.1.3    4 years ago
What evidence do you have that the American electorate is not becoming more diverse, younger and more progressive?

WTF are you talking about???? I never made any claims about the American electorate's diversity, age, or political persuasion. Never. Not once. You are hallucinating or you have me confused with someone else.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @9.1.4    4 years ago

It is so much easier for some to argue stuff you don't claim because they can't really argue what you DO claim.

It is a lazy and dishonest tactic that losers resort to when they are inevitably losing again.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9.1.7  Tacos!  replied to    4 years ago

I am truly scratching my head on this one. JBB is freaking out over something that isn't even close to anything I said.

freepress
Freshman Silent
11  freepress    4 years ago

I pray they all vote. They are not the only ones who want something new. Women are another huge voting bloc that want Trump gone, women of all ages and backgrounds. Unless everyone commits to casting a vote by a landslide, then our feelings don't count. Republicans don't care about anyone's feelings, even if they represent your state. Remember that Republicans are working to make sure we don't vote in landslide numbers.