╌>

U.S. Ambassador To Israel Says Trump Peace Plan Will Open up the "Biblical" lands To Tourism

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  11 comments

U.S. Ambassador To Israel Says Trump Peace Plan Will Open up the "Biblical" lands To Tourism

Trump appointed U.S. ambassador to Israel , David Friedman, told a Christian broadcasting interviewer that the Trump peace plan will be a boon for evangelical Christian tourism in Israel.  He says at this time Israel does not control many biblical locations, but will before long. 

I question the whole concept of US foreign policy catering to religious beliefs, particularly the beliefs of people who want the end of the world to center around Jerusalem. 

What nonsense. 

Read the material and see the video

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1222995084033122304?s=20

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago
told Christian Broadcasting Network reporter David Brody that President Donald Trump’s new peace plan will restore Israel’s ...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago
“you’re talking about opening up the Bible, bringing it back to life in ways that...couldn’t have even imagined.”

Do you think he means religious persecution, leprosy , malnutrition, crucifixion or the Crusades?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    4 years ago

Any plan can - and will - be criticized. At minimum, I would say it's a good thing that someone has been working on one. It would be nice if Trump also talked to the Palestinians about a plan, but I wonder if they can even contemplate a plan that doesn't involve wiping Israel from the face of the Earth.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @2    4 years ago

The US ambassador to Israel, who is Jewish by the way, is verbally catering to evangelical Christians who , by and large, believe Jews are going to hell.  Now the US designed peace plan is proposed with the entertainment of the evangelicals at least partially in mind.  Amazing. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    4 years ago

The Evangelicals may have other beliefs as well, such as in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Jolly Green Giant, and since we all know that they are all fantasies at best, such beliefs are of no consequence and those of us who are intelligent know that.  I'm sure the Democrats cater to others, such as the LGBTQs, the immigrants, academics, the welfare crowd, the anti-gun people, etc to attract THEIR votes.  It's all just part of the game. Since I know that "The End" as believed by the Evangelicals will never happen, I see nothing wrong in their votes being elicited.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    4 years ago
Now the US designed peace plan is proposed with the entertainment of the evangelicals at least partially in mind.

Is this your way of accusing Trump of getting a foreign leader to interfere in an election?