╌>

Name Your Favorite Songs! And Your Least Favorite Genre...

Category:  Entertainment

By:  citizen-kane-473667  •  4 years ago  •  103 comments

Name Your Favorite Songs! And Your Least Favorite Genre...
Sing Me A Song

Where would I start? So many to choose from...

I have a very eclectic taste in music; it ranges from Abba to Whodini and beyond. I can go for some of that old time religious and on to some of that zydeco music in a heartbeat.  My mood determines what I listen to, and very few things have I found that I don't really care for. I don't really like hard core Gangster Rap, but if I ignore the words, I do like the beat!

How about you?  What are some of your favorite songs (links please, but let's not embed the videos or this will soon get laggy).

What is your least favorite Genre? Why?

Oh yeah, and since this is supposed to be Music Appreciation, let's keep all of the Politics out of it while we try being extremely nice to one another.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Should be a hit topic. I'm, sure we all have dozens of favorite songs. 

My favorite genre is pop music, basically pre 1990 or so, but there are songs of every decade that I like.  I also favor jazz vocals. Some hard rock, probably from the 70's. 

This video is a cover of a great pop song by a great pop songwriter and singer. 

COLORS OF THE WIND - Brian Wilson

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Oh least favorite genre? 

That would be any rock music where the singer is screaming unintelligibly,....  thrash?  I also despise the majority of rap. 

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.2  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Awesome artist! A lot of people don't realize that he did continue performing after he left the Beach Boys And even fewer people know he is considered the "Godfather" of punk rock!!!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  cjcold  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @1.2    4 years ago

And a good friend of Charlie Manson.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.3  cjcold  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Grew up playing the bass in bands where the music ran the gamut from country to the blues to the Beatles to Motown to 60s hard rock. From there I expanded into playing jazz fusion and reggae.

The only genre I actually dislike is rap/hip-hop. Can't get behind lyrics that glorify bustin a cap in my bitch ho and sampled (ripped off) soundtracks. 

Favorite bands/artists of all-time include the Allman Brothers, Little Feat, Yes, Joe Cocker, SRV, Hendrix, Police/Sting, Tom Petty, Bob Marley, Joe Walsh, The Doors, Bon-Ton Soul Accordion Band, Janis Joplin, Led Zeppelin, Cream, Bach, Johnny Winter, Gershwin, Beethoven, Johnny Cash, The Temptations, Rolling Stones, CSNY, and the list goes on and on, but you get the idea. I'm an old fart.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.3.1  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @1.3    4 years ago

Did I forget to mention that I also have a huge problem with insipid disco? 

The disco era put a whole lot of bands out of work. Cheaper to hire a DJ.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.3.2  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  cjcold @1.3.1    4 years ago
The disco era put a whole lot of bands out of work.

Speaking of that era, I remember my mom was working in a cocktail lounge at a motel during those days, It was my first introduction to Lounge singers and bands (I was 16 at the time). Loved sitting in the booths and watching the performances covering everything from a piano soloist to Big Band style bands! Fast forward about 15 years and it was through CD'c like Ultra Lounge that I discovered that Henry Mancini was responsible for more that just the theme for Mission Impossible and  Pink Panther

I particularly liked the remastered version of Peter Gunn.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
2.1  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @2    4 years ago

Got to give a shout-out to Buzz of the Orient here, It was his article on Farewell and Goodbye songs that inspired me to ask.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @2.1    4 years ago

LOL.  It wasn't necessary to do so - I'm going to post my choices below.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
2.1.2  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.1    4 years ago

But Buzz, you were my Muse!  Had to give the credit where the credit is due!

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Ender  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @2.1.2    4 years ago

I didn't post on yours because I really don't have a favorite. I like a wide genre.

Buzz's post made me think about the one subject. It made me think I knew a lot more songs about the subject than I thought. It makes me seem very depressed or depressing. 

Haha

To quote Dolly...Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion.

I have been thinking about starting a music group. Some kind of jukebox group. Like we had one I belonged to on the vine.

John posts a lot of music threads, I have, you, Buzz...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ender @2.1.3    4 years ago

Because of my former involvement in folk music I started a group called Folk Music and Folkways, but so few members were interested I deleted it. 

Isn't there a music group already that John created - although he, as have I, came to the realization that most groups don't get noticed so we are forced to post articles on the Front Page for any attention to be gained by them.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    4 years ago

WHATS GOING ON - Paul Carrack 

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
3.1  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

Had many a night that included that song!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @3.1    4 years ago

I dont think it would be an exaggeration to say that Whats Going On is the greatest r&b song ever written. 

I know it is very high on Rolling Stones ranking of the greatest songs of all time. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4  It Is ME    4 years ago

Motown has always been my Fav..

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many to vid here.

Snippet !

" Mahogany " was Great !

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
4.1  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  It Is ME @4    4 years ago

Great tease you are padawan! Inspirational shall you be!

?u=http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-Ho-2bLvXxrg%2FUyFHWP5iBXI%2FAAAAAAAAAo4%2FeLMHDM6o78s%2Fs1600%2FYoda.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @4.1    4 years ago

So much Good out there.....so little space, so little time. jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
4.1.2  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.1    4 years ago

She is truly amazing!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @4.1.2    4 years ago
She is truly amazing!

One of the Best !

Just another Tease:

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @4.1    4 years ago

You should check out Star Wars Seagulls (STOP IT!) by Bad Lip Reading.  Your picture of Yoda reminded me of it.

My favorite song is Roses And Rainbows from the movie The Devil And Max Devlin by Julie Budd.  My least favorite kind of music is rap and acid rock.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.5  cjcold  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.4    4 years ago

Still very fond of Mad World by Tears of Fears and covered by many.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
4.1.6  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.4    4 years ago

That was too funny!!!

My favorite song is Roses And Rainbows from the movie The Devil And Max Devlin by Julie Budd

She performed that live at Tower Records...

I think I just showed my age ;)

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @4.1.6    4 years ago

We both are showing our ages because I remember her doing that.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5  lady in black    4 years ago

Least favorite genre - some but not all rap, some but not all screaming rock/metal and most country

Favorite song - Nights in White Satin - Moody Blues (my late husband proposed to me to this song)

First ever favorite song - Happy Together - The Turtles

50s, 60s 70s - Best eras for music

Sad to say, I now like listening to the music my late son like to listen to (couldn't stand it when he played it but now it reminds me of him) though he did like to listen to 70s music that we would play.  He would be 35

Favorite Classical  Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No. 1

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  lady in black @5    4 years ago

You should listen to Bolero conducted by Gustav Dudamel.  His passion as a conductor is off the charts.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
5.3  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  lady in black @5    4 years ago
Moody Blues (my late husband proposed to me to this song)

One of my favorite bands! Really loved Your Wildest Dreams from the movie  "Neverending Story" too!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7  It Is ME    4 years ago

From a Great movie !  

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
7.1  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  It Is ME @7    4 years ago

One of those songs that listening to would have a deleterious effect on my speedometer! next thing I know I went from doing 55 to 80!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
8  It Is ME    4 years ago

"Change" of venue from Motown: jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
8.1  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  It Is ME @8    4 years ago

I had the hots for Karen when I was still pubescent. Watching her perform made me feel On Top of the World ! To this day on a very happy day I find myself singing the chorus to that song! :)

It Is ME
Masters Guide
8.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @8.1    4 years ago
I had the hots for Karen when I was still pubescent.

Same Here !!!!!!!!! jrSmiley_25_smiley_image.gif

Jordan G
Freshman Silent
9  Jordan G    4 years ago

Hard to pin down my favorite songs. Anything by Zeppelin, would be fair to say.  As for least favorite genre, I'd have to say EDM.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.1  MrFrost  replied to  Jordan G @9    4 years ago

I agree. I worked with a guy that always played EDM, all effing day. I don't mind it, but all day long...gets old fast. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
10  Perrie Halpern R.A.    4 years ago

So I would have to say that my least favorite type of music (overall) is rap. Also not a country fan either, although I do like Glen Campbell and Dolly. 

I would have to say, that my favorites are Billy Joel, The Beatles, Zep, I know that there are more... just too many. 

I would call this my theme song:

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
10.1  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @10    4 years ago

Ah yes, Billy Joel! For the longest time his songs were dominating the airwaves, Truly a great artist!  My personal favorite was We Didn't Start The Fire !

GregTx
PhD Guide
10.1.1  GregTx  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @10.1    4 years ago

I see what you did there....

😉 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @10.1    4 years ago
My personal favorite was We Didn't Start The Fire !

Mine too!

First song I never seem to be able to get all the words to in the right order!

Saw him and Elton John on concert in San Antonio a few years back. Awesome!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
10.1.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Texan1211 @10.1.2    4 years ago

Love my Billy! 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
11  MrFrost    4 years ago

Far too many for me to list. Not a fan of country music, but I will listen to Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn from time to time. I listen to mostly rock, Audioslave, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, etc etc etc... I was going to post a few videos, but think i'll just post one so as to not flood the thread. Favs.. Hard to pic... Seven Nation Army is a fantastic song, Rio by Duran Duran, Hector Berlioz has always been a favorite. Pretty much anything from Metallica, (except Ride The Lightning, terrible album). Not a big fan of newer rap but much of the older stuff is really good. Eric B. and Rakim are fantastic, I recommend Follow The Leader, really good song, (but the video is just plain stupid). 

Another favorite of mine is 46 and 2 by Tool. And almost literally better at that song than Tool, is this group of kids.. Trust me, watch it, it will blow you away how good they are. 

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
11.1  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  MrFrost @11    4 years ago
but I will listen to Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn from time to time

Gimme that old style country and I'll listen to it all day long like Johnny Cash and Charlie Daniels (about as Pop Country as I want to get!)

MrFrost
Professor Expert
11.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @11.1    4 years ago

I like Johnny Cash, he had some fantastic tunes but to me it doesn't really fit into the country genre very well. 

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
11.2  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  MrFrost @11    4 years ago

My favorite heavy metal band!  My favorite song by Tool is hard to pick, but Schism is definitely up there.  Love the videos too ! They bring to mind the old Queen album cover artwork from News of the World .

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Female blued eyed soul

AM I THE SAME GIRL - Corrine Drewery (Swing Out Sister)

LA LA LA MEANS I LOVE YOU - Corrine Drewery (Swing Out Sister)

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
13.1  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  JohnRussell @13    4 years ago

Corrine is definitely a talented singer, but I have to admit, I do like that Latex (or leather look) from the first video  over the  green blouse...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14  JohnRussell    4 years ago

There was a great jazz vocalist named Susannah McCorkle who sadly committed suicide a number of years ago at a relatively young age ( I think she was mid 50's) . 

Great expressive singer who recorded the standards. 

One of my favorite songs ever.

MY FOOLISH HEART -  Susannah McCorkle

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @14    4 years ago

Sometimes I think if I had to listen to one song for the rest of my life it would be Desifinado, a timeless classic of Brazilian melody. 

DESIFINADO - Andrea Motis

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
14.1.1  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  JohnRussell @14.1    4 years ago

First time hearing her, but she has an excellent voice!

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
14.2  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  JohnRussell @14    4 years ago

Never heard it before, but something I would love to slow dance with my wife to!

Dulay
Professor Expert
15  Dulay    4 years ago

Favorite song: A day in the Life, The Beatles

Close second: California, Joni Mitchell

Not much for rap except I love this one: Gangsta's  Paradise, Coolio

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
15.1  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Dulay @15    4 years ago

Just about anything by the Beatles makes the grade, but my personal favorite is Come Together !

My favorite by Joni Mitchell is Both Sides Now , but I do enjoy her music overall.

Coolio's Gangsta's Paradise told a sad but awesome tale of growing up in "Da Hood" that people really didn't understand like they should unless they lived the life.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
15.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @15.1    4 years ago
"My favorite by Joni Mitchell is Both Sides Now , but I do enjoy her music overall."

Joni was a long time friend, - I can tell you great stories about her.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
15.1.2  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @15.1.1    4 years ago

You should write a book about her and your stories about her, and sell me those stories!

;)

Dulay
Professor Expert
15.1.3  Dulay  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @15.1    4 years ago

Rubber Soul is my 'best album' choice. 

I relate to the longing in Joni's voice for California.

Here is another video of Gangsta's Paradise and reminds me of Schurz High School in Chicago in the 70's:

Dulay
Professor Expert
15.1.4  Dulay  replied to  Dulay @15.1.3    4 years ago

Oh and I actually know people that play the dulcimer.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
15.1.5  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Dulay @15.1.4    4 years ago
Oh and I actually know people that play the dulcimer

Me too!  Great thing about coming from the land of bayous is you will find a wide variety of instruments being played!  I imagine with Chicagos Jazz history, it is the same there as well.

Dulay
Professor Expert
15.1.6  Dulay  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @15.1.5    4 years ago

It's a hippy thing too, that and the recorder. One of my first friends in CA played both and I thought is was CA hippy thing until I found out that she was from Brookfield outside of Chicago and learned to play 'at the rocks' on Fullerton Beach in the 60's.

GregTx
PhD Guide
16  GregTx    4 years ago

I like a fairly broad range of genres with rock being what I listen to the most. Grew up on pretty much the standard fare for my generation Skynyrd, Floyd, Zeppelin, The Who, etc. with some Pantera, Iron Maiden, Slayer and such thrown into the mix. My least favorite is classical, there are some pieces that I like but I couldn't name them. For me anything with a bluesy sound and strong guitar always tickles the ear and get the feet moving. There are just too many great groups and individual artists to really pick a favorite but if I absolutely had to it would probably be AC/DC during Bon Scott's time.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
16.1  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  GregTx @16    4 years ago
AC/DC

Aw Hells Bells ! Used to jam to that in my buddies truck on our way to school every morning until the tape deck ate the tape (so he said anyway, lol) !

Kavika
Professor Principal
17  Kavika     4 years ago

Blues is my favorite genre and heavy metal my least favorite.

One of the favorite songs, although not Blues is ''The Weight'' by The Band. 

The latest version of this great song by ''Playing for Change''...

My favorite Blues song is Robert Johnson's ''Sweet Home Chicago''

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
17.1  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Kavika @17    4 years ago

Awesome song!  Speaking of Chicago brought this one to mind . Never made it really big, but I loved it!

One of my favorite Blues songs would be "Mannish Boy" by Muddy Waters. Sounds like George Thorogood ripped it off for "Bad To The Bone" .

One of my favorite Blues Rock songs is " Billy, Don't Be A Hero"

Dulay
Professor Expert
17.1.1  Dulay  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @17.1    4 years ago

Speaking of Chicago:

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
17.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Dulay @17.1.1    4 years ago

Thats good, but its not quite the same without Terry Kath's incredible guitar solo back in the day. 

Kath, who co-founded Chicago, killed himself in 1978.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
17.1.3  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Dulay @17.1.1    4 years ago

You know they are a great band when they can pack a house that size even today!

Dulay
Professor Expert
17.2  Dulay  replied to  Kavika @17    4 years ago

That version of 'The Weight' is AWESOME!

I have to check out that Lucas Nelson guy...

Kavika
Professor Principal
17.2.1  Kavika   replied to  Dulay @17.2    4 years ago

Playing for Change is a huge movement and they have recorded a number of songs. 

A couple of my favorites is ''All Along The Watchtower'' and ''Dock on the Bay''....

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
18  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

My greatest musical involvement was with folk music, during the whole of the Folk Music Revival, and over the years I have posted many stories about it, but sticking to the request of the article I have to say that I appreciate many genres of music although probably my least favourite is rap, which I hesitate to identify as music, and the only example of it that I could tolerate was from the movie Hustle and Flow - "It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp".  (Terrence Howard)

My favourite genre being folk music, it's really hard for me to choose favourites while I enjoy so much of it. I consider many of the songs Dylan wrote to be great, and Leonard Cohen (author, poet, singer, songwriter) has been my ultimate favourite - his song "Suzanne" has never left being identified as my favourite song - I actually had relationships with the kind of girl he described.  A runner-up as favourite would be "Helpless", written and sung by Neil Young.  A third choice, perhaps because I am aging and so becomes more relevant is Frank Sinatra singing "My Way". 

If you are actually interested in hearing those favourite songs, it's much easier for you to find them on YouTube than for you to open them on the websites that I have access to. 

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
18.1  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @18    4 years ago

John Denver for me as a folk singer, or maybe Mama Cass.

Wheel
Freshman Quiet
18.2  Wheel  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @18    4 years ago

I love their version of this old Bob Dylan song.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
19  Dean Moriarty    4 years ago

I can't really pick a favorite song but Dave Brubeck's Take Five is one of my favorites.  I like a variety of music but not really into classical, opera, rap, marching bands or bag pipes. The Grateful Dead will always be my favorite band. 

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
19.1  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Dean Moriarty @19    4 years ago

I know that song!

Sounds like you might enjoy Garage Music. One of my favorites of that GM genre is Madhouse . Jazz funk music, and the person behind it might surprise you!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
20  JohnRussell    4 years ago

I am a big fan of two songs about miracles. 

ITS GONNA TAKE A MIRACLE - Deniece Williams

ALL I NEED IS A MIRACLE - Mike and The Mechanics

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
20.1  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  JohnRussell @20    4 years ago

Both are awesomes songs that I've listened to many times!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
21  JohnRussell    4 years ago

I have always liked show tunes with clever lyrics, and put in a night club style.  Two of my favorites in that genre. 

GUYS AND DOLLS - Bobby Darin

COME BACK TO ME - Nancy Gilliland

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
21.1  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  JohnRussell @21    4 years ago

Definitely could see myself sitting in a smoky lounge with candles on a table having a few drinks while listening to them perform! 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
22  JohnRussell    4 years ago

In the late 1990's , the Songwriters Association Of America chose Over The Rainbow as the greatest song of the 20th century. 

OVER THE RAINBOW -  Melissa Manchester

lib50
Professor Silent
23  lib50    4 years ago

God save the Kinks!  This is a great version of one of their many great songs. Won't let me post link, probably doing it wrong, but will try again

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
I won't take all that they hand me down
And make out a smile, though I wear a frown
And I won't take it all lying down
'Cause once I get started I go to town
'Cause I'm not like everybody else
I'm not like everybody else
And I don't want to ball about like everybody else
And I don't want to live my life like everybody else
And I won't say that I feel fine like everybody else
'Cause I'm not like everybody else
But darling, you know that I love you true
Do anything that you want me to
Confess all my sins like you want me to
There's one thing that I will say to you
And I

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
23.1  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  lib50 @23    4 years ago

My favorite song by The Kinks would be The Destroyer . Another great band!

lib50
Professor Silent
23.1.1  lib50  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @23.1    4 years ago

So underrated.  My favorite band.  I'm so bummed I got rid of all of my albums, I had them all.  I sat up last night bringing up lots of old Kinks songs on U tube  and was up for hours.  Thanks for the seed.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
24  Jeremy Retired in NC    4 years ago

Favorite song.  This is a rough one.  

That Crazy White Boy Shit by Sick of It All (I play a lot when I'm in a good mood)

Generation Landslide by Alice Cooper (Alice Cooper gets a lot of play when I'm in a good mood.)

Warning - Black Sabbath version (love the mix of rock and blues)

There Stood The Fence by Toxik (takes me back to my childhood)

Brotherhood Of The Snake by Testament (Testament was THE first thrash band concert I had ever seen back in 1990.  Fast forward to 2018 I saw them again taking my 16 year old son who wanted to see them for his first thrash concert)

Least favorite genre.  ANY Rap / R&B.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
25  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

Before she went off the deep end with her music, Miley Cyrus used to do backyard sessions.  The one of her doing Jolene is awesome.  Also I like the song she did in her movie....Life Is A Climb.

Wheel
Freshman Quiet
26  Wheel    4 years ago

I have lot's of favorite songs, depends on my mood.  My least favorite genre would be rock gospel.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
26.1  author  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Wheel @26    4 years ago

Wheel!  Long time no see!  How ya been?  C'mon, you gotta have one or two that just jump out front that you really like to hear?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
26.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Wheel @26    4 years ago

I don't know if it is considered rock gospel or not, but Kevin Spacey's rendition of A Simple Song Of Freedom from the Bobby Darin bio movie is worth checking out.