╌>

Bloomberg Statement Calls Trump "A Pathological Liar" As A Response To Trump SuperBowl Interview

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  12 comments

Bloomberg Statement Calls Trump "A Pathological Liar" As A Response To Trump SuperBowl Interview

In an interview to be shown during the SuperBowl pre-game coverage, President Trump attacks Michael Bloomberg's height.  Trump claims that Bloomberg has requested that he be allowed to stand on a box or crate at the upcoming Democratic debate. 

"The president is lying," Bloomberg campaign spokesperson Julie Wood said in a statement. "He is a pathological liar who lies about everything: his fake hair, his obesity, and his spray-on tan."

Bloomberg personally added that Trump "lies about everything so you shouldn't be surprised that he said things like that."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Donald Trump and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg traded barbs on Sunday hours before their dueling ads were set to compete during the Super Bowl.

"Very little," Trump told Fox News of Bloomberg in a clip released hours ahead of his pre-Super Bowl interview with Sean Hannity. "I just think of little. You know, now he wants a box for the debates to stand on. OK. It's OK. There's nothing wrong. You can be short. Why should he get a box to stand on. He wants a box for the debates. Why should he be entitled? Does that mean everyone else gets a box?"

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

I think it's great that Bloomberg immediately called Trump a liar, especially in such a high profile situation.  The Democratic candidates need to do it more. 

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.2  squiggy  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

I think it's great too. Just like Hiliary, Bloomberg will get dragged into the sewer of small shit and be beaten with experience. Beyond gun-grabber, what does he want to accomplish - he hasn't said anything of substance in the TV ads I've seen.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Bloomberg campaign calls Trump a 'pathological liar' with 'fake hair,' 'obesity' and 'spray on tan'

200202-michael-bloomberg-cs-1038a_b29696d800dc7cb21624be6225d536f1.fit-760w.jpg

President Donald Trump and   former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg   traded barbs on Sunday hours before their   dueling ads were set to compete   during the Super Bowl.

"Very little," Trump   told Fox News   of Bloomberg in a clip released hours ahead of his pre-Super Bowl interview with Sean Hannity. "I just think of little. You know, now he wants a box for the debates to stand on. OK. It's OK. There's nothing wrong. You can be short. Why should he get a box to stand on. He wants a box for the debates. Why should he be entitled? Does that mean everyone else gets a box?"

"Cory Booker and all these people couldn't get all the things that Bloomberg's getting now," Trump continued. "But, I think it's very unfair for the Democrats. But I would love to run against Bloomberg. I would love it."

It was unclear what Trump was referencing in regards to Bloomberg requesting a box to stand on during an upcoming Democratic debate. Bloomberg, whose height was trending on Google Sunday,   is listed as 5 feet, 8 inches tall .

Bloomberg's campaign said there was no truth to Trump's remarks.

"The president is lying," Bloomberg campaign spokesperson Julie Wood said in a statement. "He is a pathological liar who lies about everything: his fake hair, his obesity, and his spray-on tan."

Let our news meet your inbox. The news and stories that matters, delivered weekday mornings.

This site is protected by recaptcha  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

The former mayor echoed his spokesperson's remarks, saying that Trump "lies about everything so you shouldn't be surprised that he said things like that."

"I stand twice as tall as he does on the stage that matters," he added.

Last week , the Democratic National Committee announced new criteria for debate qualification which opened the door for Bloomberg, who is not taking donations, to participate in future primary debates. As of Sunday, Bloomberg is   in fourth place in the RealClearPolitics average   of national Democratic primary polling.

Trump has spent the past few weeks attacking Bloomberg repeatedly on Twitter as Bloomberg ads blanket the airwaves.

Early Sunday morning, Trump tweeted   that   Bloomberg "is going nowhere, just wasting his money, but he is getting the DNC to rig the election against Crazy Bernie, something they wouldn’t do for   @CoryBooker   and others." They are doing it to Bernie again, 2016.

Calling Bloomberg "Mini Mike," Trump   claimed   Bloomberg was unfairly "negotiating" to "have the right to stand on boxes" during a future debate. He also said Bloomberg, whose business portfolio includes a major media outlet,   said   the candidate was "part of the Fake News."

After Bloomberg announced he was running for president,   Bloomberg News said   it would not investigate its owner and, as a result, any of the other Democratic candidates so to be fair. But it said it would still do so with Trump as the current occupant of the White House.

Responding to Trump's midnight posts, Bloomberg   tweeted : "Looks like our ads are keeping you up at night."

"We've got one in particular you should watch today," he continued, pointing to the upcoming Super Bowl ad.

Bloomberg's campaign is bypassing the first four primary contests and instead focusing on gaining delegates in Super Tuesday states and those in the weeks to follow. He has built up a massive campaign staff and has   pledged to keep spending   through the general election even if he is not the Democratic nominee.

On ABC's " This Week ," Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang said the new DNC debate rules might not be so appealing to Bloomberg, who has yet to participate in a debate as a result of the previous standards.

"So, I’m not sure that this is a development that he's going to welcome, frankly," Yang said. "I think the DNC looked at this and said, we need to get Bloomberg on the debate stage. This change is clearly tailor made to deliver him to the debate stage."

He continued: "And the question is, whether this is a move that Mike's excited about it or whether Mike’s indifferent to or even negative towards."

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago
After Bloomberg announced he was running for president,   Bloomberg News said   it would not investigate its owner

I don't know: When you go to these lengths to hide the truth, I'm not sure you get to call anyone else a liar. But it's politics, so hypocrisy is everywhere.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

They just played Trump's interview with Sean Hannity as part of the Superbowl pregame show. 

A complete embarrassment. I think the interview was about 10 minutes long and Trump was lying for about 9 1/2 of them. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @4    4 years ago

Glad I missed it, I'm only interested in the game, not halftime, the trial or the height of anyone not involved in the game.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

Bloomberg is 5'8" which is hardly short.  He does not need anything to stand on.  Madison might have as he was 5'4".