╌>

Rush Limbaugh reveals advanced lung cancer diagnosis

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  68 comments

Rush Limbaugh reveals advanced lung cancer diagnosis
https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2020/02/03/rush-limbaugh-advanced-lung-cancer-diagnosis-revealed-radio-show/4648306002/

Rush Limbaugh revealed he has been diagnosed with an advanced lung cancer.

The longtime conservative commentator and radio host   announced the news Monday on his radio show.

"This day has been one of the most difficult days in recent memory for me. I've known this moment is coming in the program. ... I'm sure that you all know by now that I really don't like talking about myself and I don't like making things about me," Limbaugh said. "I like this program to be about you and the things that matter to all of us." 

"I have been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer," Limbaugh said,   adding that his diagnosis was confirmed by "two medical institutions back on Jan. 20."

Limbaugh said he first realized something was wrong on his birthday weekend last month.

"I thought about not telling anybody; I thought about doing this without anybody knowing, because I don't like making things about me," Limbaugh said. "But there are going to be days when I'm not able to be here because I'm undergoing treatment or I'm reacting to treatment."

He added: "I hope I will be talking about this as little as necessary in the coming days, but we have a great bunch of doctors, a great team assembled we're at full speed ahead of this."

Limbaugh said he decided to explain what was going on in his life because he knew it would excite curiosity if he wasn't at his usual post every day. 

"It’s not that I want to fool anybody, it’s just that I don’t want to burden anybody with it and I haven’t wanted to," he said. "But it is what it is. "You know me, I’m the mayor of Realville.

"What led to shortness of breath that I thought might have been asthma or my heart. … It was not that. It was a pulmonary problem involving malignancy," he explained. "I’m going to be gone the next couple days as we figure out the treatment course of action and have further testing done. But as I said, I’m going to be there as often as I can.”

USA TODAY has reached out to Limbaugh's reps for comment.

Only last month Limbaugh, whose contract was due to expire later this year, renewed his deal with syndication company Premiere Radio Networks – and it was his friend President Donald Trump who shared news that it was a four-year deal.

Limbaugh, 69, is the leading conservative talk radio host, a star of the airwaves for more than three decades having gotten his start in the 1970s. According to Talkers, which tracks audience numbers for talk radio,  Limbaugh is the most-listened to radio host in the country, with 15.5 million listeners tuning in  weekly as of December 2019. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

I'll say a prayer for Limbaugh, one of these days. 

He has lived by hate for 30 years,  the tears will all come from his listeners. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago
He has lived by hate for 30 years,

[Deleted]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.2    4 years ago

Oh.  Did I hurt somebody's feelings again?

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.3  squiggy  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

[deleted]

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.4  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

tragic. thoughts and prayers. bfd

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

I'm wishing him all the best in his fight against cancer. I understand he will continue hosting his show, except for treatment.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    4 years ago

Vile man, won't shed a tear if cancer takes him.

PJ
Masters Quiet
2.1  PJ  replied to  lady in black @2    4 years ago

I won't shed a tear for him or his followers.  fuck em every single one.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  PJ @2.1    4 years ago

I have had both a close friend and a brother in law die from lung cancer in recent years.  They were both "advanced" when they were diagnosed. Most likely Limbaugh wont be around much past next inauguration day. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
2.1.2  PJ  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    4 years ago

I have also lost loved ones from cancer.  I don't consider Rush human, he fegus.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.2  cjcold  replied to  lady in black @2    4 years ago

Just figure it's karma. He used those lungs to spew vile lies and hate for decades.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3  MrFrost    4 years ago

Well, I am sure he knows a housekeeper or two than can get him some pain meds. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4  MrFrost    4 years ago

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5  Ed-NavDoc    4 years ago

Personally, I would say a prayer for any individual diagnosed with that terrible disease, no matter what their political views or leanings. I will also say one for their loved ones as well. It is still a matter of human compassion.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.2  MrFrost  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5    4 years ago
Personally, I would say a prayer for any individual diagnosed with that terrible disease,

Thanks my friend...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    4 years ago

I'm guessing he smokes (smoked)?

squiggy
Junior Silent
8.1  squiggy  replied to  Tacos! @8    4 years ago

Yea, this is where all the ex-smokers hear the bell, somewhere off in the fog.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tacos! @8    4 years ago
I'm guessing he smokes (smoked)?

He used to from what I remember. Thus his "I hold here in my formerly nicotine stained hands" when he reads off of a sheet of paper. I think he still has an occasional cigar.

PJ
Masters Quiet
9  PJ    4 years ago

[Deleted]  To worship at the feet of the most horrible person to lead our country and then act like you have any credibility to demand others be nice or to try and shame others for doing unto others as trump does to everyone.

This is the america you wanted.  [Deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  PJ @9    4 years ago
toddstarnes
@toddstarnes
Prayer Warriors, we need to pray for Rush Limbaugh. Pray without ceasing that the Lord will heal Rush. Pray for the Limbaugh family - that the Lord will sustain them with love and kindness. God bless you, Rush!
===================================================
Todd Starnes is the nut case that was fired by Fox News (if you can believe that) for being too right wing extremist . 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
10  MrFrost    4 years ago

I am not a fan of Rush.... But I fought for him the same way I fought for every American. If you don't like me for doing that? Let me know, I will give you an address, and we can, "discuss" it.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
10.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  MrFrost @10    4 years ago

Amen Frosty, amen!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
10.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @10.1    4 years ago

Amen Frosty, amen!

Amen to you Brother... Without people like you, there would be no, "us". *hugs*

CB
Professor Principal
11  CB    4 years ago

Rush Limbaugh? I will hold my peace, and allow God's way with him:

Luke12:15. Then [Jesus] said to them, "Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed; for NOT EVEN when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions." . . . .

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

I don't pray but I don't wish cancer on anyone even my worse enemy. I've had far too many people taken from me because of cancer and I will probably fall victim to it some day myself.

Having said that, I won't shed a tear when Limbaugh passes on but I won't throw a party, either. It will be probably a "that's sad" and then move on. I won't fake compassion for the sumbitch but I don't wish him a lingering death, either.

CB
Professor Principal
12.1  CB  replied to  Trout Giggles @12    4 years ago

Well said and delivered. Many can say good things about Limbaugh from their perspectives, I can not and will not feign to care. Sad though I am about cancer in anybody. There are teachable moments in life and maybe this can be one for all of us, me included, as to what should REALLY matter in life: People before excesses.

Luke 12. 16 And he gave them this illustration: “There was a man whose land was very productive. 17 He debated with himself, ‘What should I do? I haven’t enough room for all my crops.’ 18 Then he said, ‘This is what I will do: I’ll tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and I’ll store all my wheat and other goods there. 19 Then I’ll say to myself, “You’re a lucky man! You have a big supply of goods laid up that will last many years. Start taking it easy! Eat! Drink! Enjoy yourself!”’ 20 But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night you will die! And the things you prepared — whose will they be? 21 That’s how it is with anyone who stores up wealth for himself without being rich toward God.”

I wish Limbaugh a better tomorrow in humility, comfort, and grace which God provides. It is enough.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  CB @12.1    4 years ago

Humility would be a nice change. Hugs to you, CB

CB
Professor Principal
12.1.2  CB  replied to  Trout Giggles @12.1.1    4 years ago

How nice! I simply adore me some 'Trout'!!!

Wheel
Freshman Quiet
13  Wheel    4 years ago

I can only hope that Rush will receive all the compassion, caring, and support that he has shown to PoC, immigrants, LGBT, and the poor throughout his years on radio.  He deserves, at least, that much.