Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  216 comments

Look how this sonofabitch disrespects the national anthem

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

In yet another one of his bursts of patriotic fervor — his reportedly calling military generals “a bunch of dopes and babies” aside — President Trump enthusiastically conducted the National Anthem that kicked off the Super Bowl on Sunday.

Of course, he was at his Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach hosting a watch party, while the championship game was at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Garden. Plus, he was simply   clowning around, pretend conducting   and looking like a bored 5-year-old.

Meanwhile, first lady Melania Trump, their son, Barron, and their guests stood, respectfully, with their hands over their hearts. Just like he has insisted all Americans do, otherwise they are disrespecting the troops. ( Jay-Z and Beyoncé   didn’t stand when Demi Lovato sang the anthem, a political statement, reportedly in support of Colin Kaepernick. But at least they didn’t goof around.)

Yes, it’s the same deep and abiding respect that the president has shown in the past to, oh, say, the late  Sen. John McCain,  tortured for years as a prisoner of war (“I like people who weren’t captured”); and the  Muslim parents  whose son, an Army captain, was killed in a car bombing in Iraq as he tried to save other troops in 2004. They criticized his hostile stance on Muslims during a speech at the Democratic National Convention in 2016. A petulant candidate Trump responded: “Who wrote that? Did Hillary’s script writers write it? I think I’ve made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard.”

Let’s throw in one of the president’s latest “salutes” to his shameful list of greatest hits: Upon learning that troops indeed received   traumatic head injuries   in Iran’s attack on two U.S. bases in Iraq — initially, it was announced that there were no injuries — Trump referred to them as mere “headaches.” “I can report that it’s not very serious,” he said reassuringly.

It’s amazing that so many “patriots” who brandish the flag and wear the red cap actually don’t mind any of this.

Yep, headache.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

We paid for that party to the tune of 3.4 million dollars.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

You can see he was ready to sit down, a couple of times during the video, the video cut out just as he went to sit down, while everyone else was standing.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

I'd ask our uber patriots what they think of their hero disrespecting the American flag like that, but what's the point? 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago

But John, disrespect for the American flag and anthem has become "The American Way".

Beyoncé and Jay-Z stay seated during Demi Lovato's national anthem at Super Bowl

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    4 years ago

I found that disgusting. Even at a super bowl the anthem should be respected.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    4 years ago

Buzz, Trump is one of those bitching the most about NFL players and so forth kneeling during the anthem, to the point of calling for them to be fired.

Should Trump be fired?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.1.2    4 years ago

I can see that the Dems are doing their best to accomplish that. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
2.2  sixpick  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago

I'd ask our uber patriots what they think of their hero disrespecting the American flag like that, but what's the point? 

Oh my God!!!

200.webp?cid=790b7611030a510ab8fae3b2b61

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

For those who can't see the twitter video. 

Trump was secretly recorded , with a selfie camera, clowning around and being distracted during the playing of the national anthem at the Superbowl. 

Trump was at a private party at one of his Florida golf resorts. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

Yeah, a party that cost the taxpayers almost 4 million dollars.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1    4 years ago

As Trump's wife and Son Barron stood with their hand on their hearts show which ones of the immediate Trump family has some class as opposed to the current CoC who represents our country. 

It may be that someone with some true patriotism is teaching Barron to respect our national anthem at least, which should really embarrass is Father. But, in view of the embarrassing antics of Trump's other Sons and Daughter, I am sure he is not bit embarrassed. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.1.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Raven Wing @3.1.1    4 years ago

Amazing how disturbed the left is over a unsubstantiated video but never a peep when the "sonofabitch" obama disrespected the national anthem...

Such a embarrassment...LMAO

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  KDMichigan @3.1.2    4 years ago

I agree that every PotUS should set the proper example with respect to our national traditions (such as hand over heart during the national anthem).   So bad on Obama for this.   The thing that bugs me about Trump is not just that he did not place hand on heart, but he is moving around, pointing, etc. and then -of all things- he starts mock conducting.   That is like flipping a bird to our national anthem IMO.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.4  Ronin2  replied to  KDMichigan @3.1.2    4 years ago

OK, I can forgive Obama for not putting his hand over his heart. I give credit to both him and those in attendance for not wincing and putting both hands over their ears in pain.

The crowd tried to drown out the singer; they really, really tried. A stage hand should have unplugged the singer's mike. 

I am more concerned about the singer's rendition than Obama having both hands clasped in front of his body.  At least he was standing still.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.5  CB  replied to  KDMichigan @3.1.2    4 years ago

[Obama:] "My grandfather taught me how to say the Pledge of Allegiance when I was 2," Obama said at campaign stop in Burlington, Iowa. "During the Pledge of Allegiance you put your hand over your heart. During the national anthem you sing." 

Senator Obama's attackers are peddling lies and smears because they disagree with his strong opposition to the war in Iraq and the rush to war in Iran," wrote Richard Danzig, secretary of the Navy under President Clinton, and retired Gens. Merrill "Tony" McPeak and J. Scott Gration. "We have served this nation for decades, and we know a true patriot when we see one. Barack Obama is a patriot."

The photo has also spawned a debate about whether Obama's conduct was proper for the national anthem.

Conservative bloggers have pointed out that the federal law for "patriotic and national observances" says that during the Star-Spangled Banner , "all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart; men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold the headdress at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart."

Experts on the national anthem say the law seems a bit out of date, given its reference to a man's "headdress." Yet it's still cited in several military manuals found on the Web.

Modern custom does not require a hand over the heart, said Anne Garside, director of communication for the Maryland Historical Society, home of the original manuscript of the Star-Spangled Banner . "I think the bottom line is that you show respect with your demeanor," she said. "Whether you put your hand over your heart, hold your hat at shoulder level or waist level, is really in this day and age irrelevant."

She pointed out that "the tune of the Star-Spangled Banner was originally a drinking song. If they can put the words to the tune of a rousing drinking song, to quibble over whether you put your hand over your heart is really ridiculous."

SOURCE:

While our traditions are widespread and good to hold on to, they are not sacrosanct. One key quote made by the Maryland Historical Society Communications Director drives this narrative:

"I think the bottom line is that you show respect with your demeanor," she said. "Whether you put your hand over your heart, hold your hat at shoulder level or waist level, is really in this day and age irrelevant."

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.1.6  KDMichigan  replied to  CB @3.1.5    4 years ago

Thanks for proving my point in numerous ways, The left makes excuses when the "sonofabitch" obama disrespects the National Anthem but then goes full TDS when done by President Trump.

Cheers.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  CB @3.1.5    4 years ago
Whether you put your hand over your heart, hold your hat at shoulder level or waist level, is really in this day and age irrelevant.

Ahhhh the ever changing rules of demeanor. Tradition means nothing to the left............nor does history evidently.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.8  CB  replied to  KDMichigan @3.1.6    4 years ago

First, of all I have next to nothing to write to you. I can't "fix" you. Second, I avoided your first reference to the room calling former President Obama a "sonofa-"b". And so you march your happy -self- up to my face and remark it. Thirdly, I can imply anything I wish about a "concert director wannabe" president in accordance with others if I think it so. Lastly, it was your OOD (Obama Obsessive Disorder) which apparently led you to dig up the video in the 'round.' What does that say about you? I'll answer that: You got Obama-fever - and you got it bad!

Finally, I have read the comments about the video "copies" posted and agree something quirky is going on with the video entries. Thus, I have refrained from commenting on it, generally.

No valentine for you this month!

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.9  CB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.7    4 years ago

You want an apology? Well how about that? You should call the Maryland Historical Society, register your belated complain, and request one.  As for the rest of your comment - liberals don't have to respect some conservative values, because many of them are values of convenience. Example: Senate Majority Leader rigs impeachment trial in partnership with President 'orchestrating' its conclusions.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.1.10  KDMichigan  replied to  CB @3.1.8    4 years ago
First, of all I have next to nothing to write to you.

But here you have twice addressed me, so obviously you feel the need to write something now don't you?

And so you march your happy -self- up to my face and remark it.

And yet you couldn't help yourself coming to the defense of the "sonofabitch' obama, that when he disrespects the National Anthem it's okay.

I can imply anything 

That works both ways, sorry you can't accept that, I'm sure in time you will get over it.

led you to dig up the video 

No digging, It's right there for anyone to see.

You got Obama-fever - and you got it bad!

No obama fever here, If pointing out the hypocrisy of the TDS sufferers upsets you that's all on you, I couldn't give a shit about obama or his piece of shit wife. President Trump has already erased what little legacy they had.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.11  CB  replied to  KDMichigan @3.1.10    4 years ago

Aww, I goofed. My intention was to repond to Ronin2.  As for the rest of your comment; miss me already. Done! No, you know what, buck that! You got Obama-fever every time you 'go there.' And, I respect women too much to bad-mouth any woman married or not! Let that say what it will about whomever it needs to. Women of NT should come to the aid of other women in a space dominated by some men. It is not like any man here is going to whip anybody's you know what!

And furthermore through all the tackiness, you could not bring yourself to 'mouth' the word, "Trump." I have no choice in giving my diagnosis: You got Obama-fever and its raging in you.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.12  CB  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.3    4 years ago

Hi TiG, this incident in the video above occurred not during the 8 years of the Obama presidency. In the video above he was a Senator (2007) and he is standing at what I can only suggest is a 'regular joe' form of attention (without military bearing, of course). (Smile.)

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.13  TᵢG  replied to  CB @3.1.12    4 years ago

Why does that make a difference?

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.14  CB  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.13    4 years ago

Not sure which you are questioning so I will respond to both; One it is given as an for your information to the group. Two military people stand at attention with their hands at their sides not cupped in front of them. This is just added information.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.15  TᵢG  replied to  CB @3.1.14    4 years ago

The video shows Senator Obama breaking tradition by not placing his hand over his heart during the national anthem.   Whether or not one cares about this is a personal matter.   But in my opinion that simple tradition is a sign of national respect for those who gave their lives to enable the formation of our nation.    Accordingly, I would hope that all elected officials set the example of respect.

That said, Obama's demeanor in the video breaks tradition but is still respectable.   Trump's behavior in his video was blatantly disrespectful.    Further, as PotUS, Trump embarrasses the nation on the world stage by acting like a classroom clown during the airing of our national anthem.   Gratuitous and counter-productive.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1.16  1stwarrior  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.15    4 years ago

TiG - think ya'll need to get more info prior to making judgements.  Just a thought.

Obama chaffed by butt the two times he exited his helo and "saluted" the Marines by tapping his coffee cup up to his right eye.  Great friggin' salute, ya know?

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.17  CB  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.15    4 years ago

If there is realness to that rather odd viewing cellphone video, I admit I tried to look for something filmed fuller and longer, then it is rather clownish as you say. The one thought which keeps coming back to my mind is, if real, then Trump takes the occasion to show he dominates every moment he occupies in the public sphere. It is as if he says -  'This is me, take it or leave it. I do, say, insist on what I want, when I want."

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.18  TᵢG  replied to  1stwarrior @3.1.16    4 years ago

Is your point that Obama has broken protocol in other areas?   If so, granted.

Now, given that, how does your comment relate to what I wrote?   My point was that there are different levels of breaking with tradition.    Both the Obama and Trump videos show a break with tradition.   The Obama one was a respectful break;  the Trump one was blatantly disrespectful.

Do you agree or not?   If you disagree with the above (see blue) then I am interested in your reasoning.  That is, how is Trump's behavior not blatantly disrespectful?

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.19  CB  replied to  1stwarrior @3.1.16    4 years ago

Respectfully lstwarrior, "chaffed butts" are not what we are about at this juncture. If it was the case, my 'rash' would have developed and persist today right after Donald Trump defamed republican John McCain two times - neither which was called for, in my opinion. The two unnamed instances were political differences and Trump delved in personal offenses.

As far as Obama goes, again, I am willing to extend to both men their ignorance of military bearings. The issue with Donald Trump is he persists in ignorance, insult, and indulgences of the same.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1.20  1stwarrior  replied to  CB @3.1.19    4 years ago

We will agree to disagree - thanks.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1.21  1stwarrior  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.18    4 years ago

Too many questions regarding ownership/make-up/photoshopping of Trump's alleged disrespect - items I won't/can't make a decision on until all info is available.

Unfortunately, Obama is shown in a number of videos, mostly on YouTube, where he does not bestow traditional/Presidential respect to the flag, anthem, military, etc..

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.22  TᵢG  replied to  1stwarrior @3.1.21    4 years ago
I won't/can't make a decision on until all info is available.

Any video could be fake.   So it makes sense to qualify one's opinion with 'assuming this is not fake'.   All the info will never be available.   Literally, the position you are taking would mean that you cannot really comment on anything in the news.

Assuming the video accurately portrays Trump during the national anthem, how is Trump's behavior not blatantly disrespectful?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1.23  1stwarrior  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.22    4 years ago

Try my best not to work on "assumptions" - otherwise I'd be "If'ing" all day :-)

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.24  TᵢG  replied to  1stwarrior @3.1.23    4 years ago

As I noted, if you wait until you are 100% certain that what you see in the general 'news' is 100% accurate, you will not be able to weigh in on anything.

My comments on this video are based on the assumption that it is accurate.   If it is not accurate, then I withdraw my comments.   But if this is Trump and the national anthem is playing then my comments stand.

You can do likewise.   If the video is true as depicted, do you consider Trump to be disrespecting the national anthem?   If not, then why?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.2  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

Selfie camera, eh?  Hmm - wonder where their hands were??  Nah - wouldn't count 'cause it ain't Trump.

Get a friggin' life.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @3.2    4 years ago

Thats right, the president of the United States shouldnt be fidgeting and clowning during the national anthem, especially when he has personally attacked others for what they do during it. 

If he cant have the attention span to stand still for two minutes he should look for something else to do besides lead the country. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.2.2  KDMichigan  replied to  1stwarrior @3.2    4 years ago

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  KDMichigan @3.2.2    4 years ago

[deleted]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.4  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    4 years ago
Thats right, the president of the United States shouldnt be fidgeting and clowning during the national anthem

I thank God someone doesn't "Pocket" vid me at a " Private Party" !

I was eating wings and talking to my kids during the "As Seen on TV" anthem. 

Put me in a public setting, I'll stand and shut up, every single time.

What are you like at a " Private party" ? jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.2.5  PJ  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.4    4 years ago

It wasn't a private party, it was a taxpayer's supported event.  If he wants to host a private party then he should do it on his dime, not mine.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.6  It Is ME  replied to  PJ @3.2.5    4 years ago
It wasn't a private party

Who were the invitee's ?

"If he wants to host a private party then he should do it on his dime, not mine."

Interesting !

Last time you complained about something like this was...…..when ?

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.2.7  PJ  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.6    4 years ago

The question isn't why I'm complaining about it, it's why you aren't.   jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif    

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.8  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.6    4 years ago

So you're okay then paying for this private party with your tax payer dollars?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.9  It Is ME  replied to  PJ @3.2.7    4 years ago
The question isn't why I'm complaining about it, it's why you aren't

Yes it is.

When was the last time YOU complained about a presidents expenditures ?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.2.10  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    4 years ago

Yeah, and I'm quite sure you give the same speech to the dude behind Trump in the Black suit with glasses doing the whiplash version of paying attention and the little lady in pink next to him who was so busy with her phone she probably couldn't hear the TV or the kid to the right of her who was doing the tongue between the fingers display - yeah - they were all "so much more respectful", right John?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.11  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.8    4 years ago
So you're okay then paying for this private party with your tax payer dollars

Not really, but it's been the Norm since day one of this countries founding, for ALL Presidents.

Are you just selective in your outrage over this, or are you a "Consistent" type !

Y ou must have been totally outraged over stuff like  this:

Michelle Obama’s trip to Morocco cost $128,108.47 in hotels; $88,725.60 in car rentals; $1,476.07 in gas/oil and $972.22 in cell phone charges for a total of $244,218.01
Michelle Obama’s trip to Liberia cost $55,220 in hotels; $44,000 in car rentals; $2,500 in gas/oil and $1,000 in cell phone charges for a total of $107,890
Michelle Obama’s trip to Spain cost $79,764.49 in hotels; $81,750.99 in car rentals and $4,547 in staff overtime pay for a total of $166,062.48
Obama’s November 2016 appearance at a Clinton campaign rally in Orlando, FL. cost $150,530.99 in hotels; $103,526.96 in air/rail; $11,588.76 in car rentals and $5,829 in equipment for a total of $271,467.71
Obama’s trip to Los Angeles in October 2016, which included two fundraisers and an appearance on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” cost $127,822 in hotels; $38,715 in air/rail; $24,326 in equipment and $4,992.30 in car rentals for a total of $195,855
Michelle Obama’s October 2016 appearance at a Clinton campaign rally in North Carolina cost $13,206 in hotels; $11,965 in air/rail and $1,331 in car rentals for a total of $26,502
The Obama family trip to Martha’s Vineyard in August 2016 cost $2,512,380.88 in hotels; $89,586.82 in rental cars; $53,234.69 in air/rail and $29,068.97 in miscellaneous expenditures for a total of $2,684,271.36
The Secret Service spent $1,862,230.74 on the Obamas’ final Christmas to Honolulu on the taxpayers’ dime: $1,765,583.12 on hotels and $96,647.62 on car rentals.

Added to the previously released costs, the known total of travel expenses for the Obamas is now $105,662,975.27

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.12  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.11    4 years ago

We're talking about tRump's private superbowl party at HIS OWN GOLF COURSE/PROPERTY paid for by us to the tune of 3.4 million dollars.

Not the OBAMAS.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.13  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.12    4 years ago

Check out comment # 3.2.5.

[deleted]

It WAS....a PRIVATE PARTY !

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.2.14  PJ  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.9    4 years ago

I complain all the time about the misuse of appropriated funds from this President but we know that you're really not asking about the last time I complained, you're asking if I complained about the previous president.

I complained about him bailing out wall street.  That was a huge mistake.  

So I gave you an answer to your whataboutism.  satisfied?  this is one of the reasons I generally don't communicate with the trumpies on this forum.  You aren't capable of holding your own so your point in the other direction and scream  - look over there!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.15  It Is ME  replied to  PJ @3.2.14    4 years ago
I complain all the time about the misuse of appropriated funds from this President

Just "THIS" President ?

I complained about him bailing out wall street.  That was a huge mistake. 

Which President hasn't ?

Obama bailed out "Big Corp. and "Big Pharma". Were you outraged ?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.2.16  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.13    4 years ago

Which I in part, I paid for, I should have been invited. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.17  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @3.2.16    4 years ago
Which I in part, I paid for, I should have been invited. 

I "Donated" and WAS invited.

I had prior commitments though. Little Grandkids took precedence for me. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

I "Privately" partied afterwards. I think I had tooooo many beers ! Whew, was I toast the next day. jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

The "SUPERBOWL" should be on Saturdays. jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.18  It Is ME  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.13    4 years ago
Check out comment # 3.2.5.

[deleted]

Okay....who "Snitched" ! jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.2.19  PJ  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.15    4 years ago

I was talking about Obama.  Go back and read my post.  jrSmiley_103_smiley_image.jpg

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.2.20  PJ  replied to  1stwarrior @3.2.10    4 years ago

Exactly, because the President shouldn't be held to a higher standard./s

good grief, it's amazing how much you twist yourself to make excuses for this pos.  Let's pretend it was the previous president.   I guarantee you'd be pulling your hair out,if you have hair.  Trumpies are so transparent.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.22  It Is ME  replied to  PJ @3.2.19    4 years ago
I was talking about Obama. 

" I complain all the time about the misuse of appropriated funds from this President "

I didn't know Obama was still president. jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Who knew ? jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4  TᵢG    4 years ago

He is an embarrassment.   I just cannot imagine why he makes such gratuitous failures of class and character.   To what end?   Why present oneself as an uber-asshole?     jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @4    4 years ago

If someone, a regular Joe, did that at a superbowl viewing party in his basement, his friends would all think he was an idiot. 

We are all supposed to give Trump a special dispensation though. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    4 years ago
If someone, a regular Joe, did that at a superbowl viewing party in his basement, his friends would all think he was an idiot. 

If someone in my basement did that while we were all respecting the anthem...my military husband and his buddies would knock the shit out of Mr Regular Joe

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @4.1.2    4 years ago

Never served, did ya?

Kinda figured that since you act a little cowardly

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @4.1.4    4 years ago

You were too good for the military?

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.2  Kavika   replied to  TᵢG @4    4 years ago
Why present oneself as an uber-asshole? 

Because he is.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.1  TᵢG  replied to  Kavika @4.2    4 years ago

Yes, but why behave that way?   There is no reason to disrespect our national traditions.   Also, during the superbowl interview Trump called Bloomberg 'tiny'.   Why behave like a 12 year old?   To what end?   

Very odd.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.1    4 years ago

A lot of his "fans" carry on and laugh when he calls his political opponents stupid nicknames. If they didnt approve of it so, maybe he'd stop doing it.  Just a thought. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.3  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.2    4 years ago

Maybe, but there are always those who could vote either way and I suspect most of these folks are not impressed by childish name-calling.   So even if his supporters think calling Bloomberg 'tiny' in front of 10s of millions of Americans is just the greatest thing in the world, Trump has to know that he cannot win with his base alone.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.2.4  Kavika   replied to  TᵢG @4.2.1    4 years ago

Uber-assholes can't help themselves T,G.  He doesn't care about national traditions nor does he have the wit or intelligence to engage in a debate with someone that obviously is far his superior in intelligence. So insults are his weapon of choice, his only choice since he is lacking in all other aspects of a mature individual.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.5  TᵢG  replied to  Kavika @4.2.4    4 years ago
Uber-assholes can't help themselves T,G.

That might be true for Trump, but I have a hard time imagining how someone could not be aware of how crappy it looks for the PotUS to be disrespecting our national anthem on a medium that can go viral worldwide.   I am sure some will claim that Trump is that stupid, but I just do not find stupidity to be a satisfying explanation.

Seems more like Trump really does think that he can do anything and will still win reelection.   But, even then, why chance it?

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.2.6  Kavika   replied to  TᵢG @4.2.5    4 years ago

IMO he doesn't care if he looks like a complete fool to a good part of the population. His base will make excuses for him and it will be forgotten in a few days.

I do agree with you that it's is beyond comprehension to most but it simply doesn't matter to him nor his supporters.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.2.7  Raven Wing  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.1    4 years ago
Trump called Bloomberg 'tiny'

Indeed, as if he himself is just a small, well toned lightweight, and the only thing tiny about him is his hands and brain.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.8  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.1    4 years ago

I think he has the maturity of a toddler, you give him far too much credit.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.5    4 years ago
Seems more like Trump really does think that he can do anything and will still win reelection.   But, even then, why chance it?

One word:

ARROGANCE

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.2.10  Raven Wing  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.9    4 years ago

Right on! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.2.11  cjcold  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.2    4 years ago

Seems a lot of his "fans" cheered-on schoolyard bullies in their youth.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.12  XXJefferson51  replied to  cjcold @4.2.11    4 years ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @4    4 years ago

Because he is an uber-asshole.

He has no class or character or morals or scruples or conscience or empathy or compassion or anything that makes for a decent human being.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @4    4 years ago
Why present oneself as an uber-asshole? 

Because it's easy. trmp always takes the easy route

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

The people seem to have the wrong hand over their hearts ( left in the video) because the footage was taken with a mirror camera. 

Ender
Professor Principal
6  Ender    4 years ago

Is it me or did the voices sound Russian.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
7  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

What a doof.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    4 years ago

What is he supposed to be doing? Or what does he think he's doing? Very weird. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @8    4 years ago

He doesnt think that standing still during the national anthem applies to him, obviously. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    4 years ago

It's like he's got dementia or tourrete's or something.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @8.1.1    4 years ago

It's like he's got dementia and tourretes' and tertiary syphilis

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    4 years ago
He doesnt think that standing still during the national anthem applies to him, obviously.

Well, that isn't exactly accurate. He is standing, but he appears to be preoccupied with being social and my sense of it is he wants the anthem to be over so he can get back to that. By itself, I wouldn't really have a problem with it since he's just watching the game on TV. That's what I was doing and not only was my butt was on the couch, but I'm pretty sure other people in the room were talking.

What makes this clip weird is that everyone else is standing as if they were actually at the game and he appears to be the only person in the room not going along with it. And that's especially bizarre because he's the president and whether he was sitting, standing, saluting or whatever, you would think everyone would take their cues from him.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
9  Dean Moriarty    4 years ago

I was shaking Margaritas at the time.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty @9    4 years ago

You probably didnt make a federal case out of Colin Kaepernick. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Tessylo  replied to    4 years ago

That's not true MUVA and tRump couldn't/wouldn't kneel, he wouldn't be able to get back up again.  He's a big fat pig.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.1.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.2    4 years ago
That's not true MUVA

Nonsense............................

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.5  Tessylo  replied to    4 years ago

About tRump kneeling.  

Again the big fat pig wouldn't be able to get back up again.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.6  Tessylo  replied to    4 years ago

His socks have nothing to do with this.  Stop deflecting.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.1.8  Sparty On  replied to    4 years ago

CK is just a rich, entitled has been.   Trying to remain relevant in any way he can.

Truly sad!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.1.9  MrFrost  replied to    4 years ago

Nice to know that a pair of socks triggers the right wing now. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.1.10  Split Personality  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.1.4    4 years ago

and every time some one brings it up, there's another run on similar socks..

great gifts for anyone's favorite officer and their wives love them.

They were exceptional socks...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @9.1.9    4 years ago

Yeah, really, some tend to go on and on about those socks.  

Get a life!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
10  Sean Treacy    4 years ago

I hope all the people attacking Trump stopped what they were doing at a Super Bowl party (or watching by themselves) and stood with their hand over their hearts.  

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
10.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Sean Treacy @10    4 years ago

I did. Didn't you? The anthem is what counts. Not where you are or who you are with. Or is respecting the American national anthem only for one is away from home? 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
10.2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Raven Wing @10.2    4 years ago

Nope.   Some people watched the anthem at the party I was at, some kept doing what they were doing. No one stood at attention and faced the tv. In fact,

I've never seen a single person stop and stand at attention when the anthem was playing on tv.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.2.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @10.2.1    4 years ago

Sean , please, is there no limit to your desire to cover for this fool?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
10.2.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Sean Treacy @10.2.1    4 years ago

Then it can't be said that you and your friends that refuse to respect the national anthem wherever it is played are on patriots in name only. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
10.2.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  Raven Wing @10.2.3    4 years ago

Sure.  I’ll tell the vets the next time I’m watching a game at the bar when they don’t stand up for the anthem on tv that some lady on the internet called them fake patriots. I’m sure they’ll apologize to you.

people stand at attention when in the presence of an actual  flag. Not for an image on tv.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.2.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @10.2.4    4 years ago

Sean his wife and his son were two feet away from him , standing at attention with their hands over their hearts. 

They have more respect for the dignity of the office and presence of the presidency than he does. 

People who defend this fool at times like this risk looking as foolish as he does. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
10.2.6  KDMichigan  replied to  Sean Treacy @10.2.4    4 years ago

Oh yeah I like um yeah I stop my car everytime I see a yard flag and recite the National Anthem, Oh yeah and flag pins too because I'm super patriotic...

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
10.2.7  Raven Wing  replied to  Sean Treacy @10.2.4    4 years ago
I’ll tell the vets the next time I’m watching a game at the bar when they don’t stand up for the anthem on tv that some lady on the internet called them fake patriots.

Please do that. My Father, Grandfather, Brother and 3 Uncles and 2 Cousins who were also WWII and Vietnam Vets always stood at attention and saluted when they heard the National Anthem, as well as Taps, whether or not the flag was in front of them, on TV, on the radio, or at a private or public event. 

That is also how they showed respect for all those who gave all for their country, those who were disabled, and those who came home in one piece, but, suffered mentally and emotionally from Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

And I am sure that the Veteran members of my Family were not the only ones who also showed respect in the same or similar manner. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
10.2.9  Jasper2529  replied to  Sean Treacy @10.2.1    4 years ago
I've never seen a single person stop and stand at attention when the anthem was playing on tv.  

That's because it's not a US Flag Code requirement. There's nothing in  36 U.S. Code   § 301 regarding behavior during our national anthem when we view it on TV or from any other remote location.

(1) when the flag is displayed— (A)  individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
(B)
members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
(C)
all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
(2)
when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

See also 

Title 36, Subtitle I, Part A section 301 United States Code – National Anthem

This is just another opportunity for "We hate Trump" screeds.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.2.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Jasper2529 @10.2.9    4 years ago
This is just another opportunity for "We hate Trump" screeds.

Yep. You notice no one is dissing the person doing the recording?..............yeah, me too.

LMAO TDS

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.2.11  Sparty On  replied to  Raven Wing @10.2.7    4 years ago
My Father, Grandfather, Brother and 3 Uncles and 2 Cousins who were also WWII and Vietnam Vets always stood at attention and saluted when they heard the National Anthem, as well as Taps, whether or not the flag was in front of them, on TV, on the radio,

Well good on them if they "choose" to do that.   I put "choose" in quotes because that is what they are doing.   It's their "choice" to do so and not in any accepted protocol/etiquette that i've every heard of.

Accepted etiquette calls for action when one is physically at the event not otherwise.   Respecting that protocol when one IS NOT at the event is certainly admirable but not required by any call for etiquette that i've ever seen or been taught.   Certainly it does happen at places like our local VFW's and such but i'm not snapping to at home or at a local bar for every ballgame i'll every watch in places like that.   Never have.   Neither have any of the fellow Vets in my family.

I know fellow Vets who feel the same as your family does but i'm not one of them and don't accept that i am somehow "disrespecting" any Vets, past or present, if i don't feel that way.   Most Vets i know feel the same way.   Some don't and it's all good.   Friends don't take issue with such things in the circles i run in.

Trying to somehow equate this to what CK did, is a non starter in my book if that's what you are trying to do here and i'm not saying you are.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
10.2.12  Jasper2529  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.2.10    4 years ago
You notice no one is dissing the person doing the recording?

I sure have.

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
10.2.13  DRHunk  replied to  Sean Treacy @10.2.1    4 years ago

difference between them and the president is that one of them actually represents an entire country and his representation is reflected in his actions at all times.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
10.2.14  Jasper2529  replied to  Sean Treacy @10.2.4    4 years ago
people stand at attention when in the presence of an actual  flag. Not for an image on tv.

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

lady in black
Professor Quiet
11  lady in black    4 years ago

Once again this vile crooked liar makes a mockery of this country and his supporters keep defending him...so sad

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.1  Raven Wing  replied to  lady in black @11    4 years ago

Not only sad, but, more and more sickening. While Trump demands respect from everyone else, he does not think it necessary for him to show even our own country respect, since he is the President and he thinks he should not have to bother with that kind of nonsense, even in public.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

EP5W8CJU0AAABke?format=jpg&name=large

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
13  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

What I have trouble assimilating is people castigating Trump for fooling around during the national anthem while at the same time justifying, even praising, those athletes and celebrities who publicly show disrespect for the anthem and flag.  There is a word for that, isn't there?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
13.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @13    4 years ago

Buzz, the potUS title is slightly higher than that of an athlete or celebrity.

He's supposed to be the LEADER of the Country, not the class clown.

So no, that word would not be applicable in my opine.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
13.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  igknorantzrulz @13.1    4 years ago

So it's just a matter of degree? i.e. how high up you are on the ladder?  So it's okay if you're on the rungs at the bottom half of the ladder, but it's not okay if you're higher than that?   Isn't that something like being just a little bit pregnant? 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
13.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @13.1.1    4 years ago

I don't recall these athletes or celebrities being Elected by a minority of US, but Trump was.

Trump is the ONE calling for these people who don't stand during the National Anthem to be Fired by the owners,

yet,

he, as the Leader of the country, feels HE DOES NOT HAVE to do, what he chastises others for...as he IS ACTUALLY THE COMMANDER OF THE US Armed Services ?

That, to me, is the height of hypocrisy, that Trumpp, per his abbey norm, sinks to new depths, as he regularly sets records in all kinds of depths,

except Thinking !

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
13.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  igknorantzrulz @13.1.2    4 years ago

Don't miss the fact that I did not support what Trump did - I really don't have respect for ANYONE who disrespects their national anthem and flag.  I have said a number of times that I consider them to be symbols of your nation, not of your temporary administration.  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
13.1.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @13.1.3    4 years ago

Thousands upon thousands of Americans gave Limb, and or Life, So as individuals could have the Right to choose, whether to stand or kneel.

I don't condone not standing, but, as I stated, it is their Right, and I am all for having that Right.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
13.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  igknorantzrulz @13.1.4    4 years ago

From what I've noticed over the years, those who gave life and limb also respected their anthem and flag.   

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
13.1.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @13.1.5    4 years ago

how exactly is y\that done again...

after giving ones life that is ?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
13.1.7  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  igknorantzrulz @13.1.4    4 years ago
but, as I stated, it is their Right,

sure they can kneel, it is their right to do that.

but as kaepernick has shown - they do not have a "right" to play football. they can be fired.

and we have a right to let them know how we feel about availing themselves of their right to kneel as well.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
13.1.8  igknorantzrulz  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @13.1.7    4 years ago

and where did i say otherwise ?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
13.1.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  igknorantzrulz @13.1.6    4 years ago

That is a nonsensical comment.  You know very well that if they lost life or limb defending their country they were also the kind of persons who would have respected their anthem and flag BEFORE losing life or limb.  I shouldn't have even had to waste my time writing THIS comment.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
13.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @13    4 years ago

It's called hypocrisy. And it seems to be an acceptable and well used mental condition on both sides of the political fence.

lib50
Professor Silent
13.3  lib50  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @13    4 years ago

And I have trouble assimilating people who castigated athletes for kneeling yet somehow find Trump's behavior is acceptable.  I wouldn't have thought twice about it if conservatives weren't making such a big stink over something not even disrespectful (kneeling is a sign of respect).  So I'd say its on them to explain that hypocrisy and idea they don't have to follow standards they want to force on everybody else.  Enough. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
13.3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  lib50 @13.3    4 years ago
"kneeling is a sign of respect" 

However, custom and tradition is to STAND for the national anthem, and if one has a modicum of respectfulness, even for the national anthem of another nation.  By the way, Beyonce and Jay-Z were filmed SITTING while the national anthem was being played.  If kneeling is for prayer, maybe sitting is for shitting. I don't condone disrespect for the national anthem and flag no matter WHO it is, Only Queen Elizabeth should sit while her people sing "God Save The Queen". 

user image
Freshman Silent
13.3.2    replied to  lib50 @13.3    4 years ago
(kneeling is a sign of respect).

That's BS. Kneeling is a method of taking attention away from the national anthem and putting it on some cry baby who is setting a bad example for the viewers. There are plenty of places to fight for social justice, your job is not one of them.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
13.3.3  Jasper2529  replied to  lib50 @13.3    4 years ago
(kneeling is a sign of respect)

Not when one is attending a live performance of the US National Anthem. Please see comment 10.2.9 .

lib50
Professor Silent
13.3.4  lib50  replied to  Jasper2529 @13.3.3    4 years ago

CAN ONE OF YOU, ANY OF YOU, PLEASE ANSWER TO TRUMP'S DISRESPECT OF NATIONAL ANTHEM?  Or is deflection the only thing conservatives have?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.3.6  Tessylo  replied to    4 years ago

Yes

Sparty On
Professor Principal
13.3.7  Sparty On  replied to  lib50 @13.3.4    4 years ago

Not that it really matters but I'm still waiting for a definitive proof that it was actually the National Anthem and not God Bless America or something else.   Can you provide that?

And hasn't anyone ever told you that shouting online is rude?

Well it is.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
13.3.8  Jasper2529  replied to  lib50 @13.3.4    4 years ago
CAN ONE OF YOU, ANY OF YOU, PLEASE ANSWER TO TRUMP'S DISRESPECT OF NATIONAL ANTHEM?  

Since he wasn't present at the venue, he did not "disrespect" the national anthem. This is the 2nd time that I've directed you to the US Flag Code as it pertains to the national anthem. See comment 13.3.3 .

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.3.9  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @13.3.7    4 years ago

It was the National Anthem.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
13.3.10  Sparty On  replied to  Jasper2529 @13.3.8    4 years ago

Agreed, although he could have set a better example Jasper but i promise you this.    Most of these folks bagging on him were defending CK for what he did.   SOSAH (same old shit and hypocrisy) coming from the left. 

Interestingly it appears most of the people in that video don't have their hands on their hearts, which is the norm for most offsite venues i've been to in such cases.   Also the people who do have a hand up appear to be using the wrong hand.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
13.3.11  Jasper2529  replied to  Sparty On @13.3.10    4 years ago

I've now carefully watched 2 different videos multiple times, and I have some observations, questions, and even suspicions as to whether or not this is photoshopped/altered. Both are posted to You Tube by blatant Trump-haters.

• The narrator in the 1st video claims that someone named "Kid You Not" (sp?), "a Russian-American real estate developer", recorded it.
  • Why do Melania, Barron, and others have their left hands over their hearts? Melania and Barron have never done that in the past. 
  • We have dozens of videos/photos of President Trump during our national anthem. None of of them show disrespect. Why is this the only one?  
  • Why are all of the faces blurred?
  • Did this really occur during the national anthem? The big screen TV is blurred and the only audio is of the narrators bashing Trump.

Just my observations. There's always more than 1 side to a story.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
13.3.12  It Is ME  replied to  Jasper2529 @13.3.11    4 years ago
Why do Melania, Barron, and others have their left hands over their hearts? Melania and Barron have never done that in the past. 

I noticed that too.  It's Bassackwards.

Something ain't right

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
13.3.13  Jasper2529  replied to  It Is ME @13.3.12    4 years ago
I noticed that too.  It's Bassackwards. Something ain't right

The other thing that ain't right is Trump allegedly goofing around like that even if it wasn't the national anthem. It's totally out of character for him.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
13.3.14  It Is ME  replied to  Jasper2529 @13.3.13    4 years ago

The other folks look they are looking at something else that's going on. A guy in the back is also talking with someone to his left....or is it his right. jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.3.15  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @13.3.13    4 years ago

Out of character for him?  WTF?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
13.3.16  Split Personality  replied to  It Is ME @13.3.12    4 years ago

The guy in black behind Trump is also using the left hand.

The woman taking the selfie is apparently facing a mirror to film clandestinely.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.3.17  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @13.3.16    4 years ago

No something foul is afoot SP!

LOL

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
13.3.18  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @13.3.15    4 years ago
Out of character for him?  WTF?

Yes, Tessy. Trump has never goofed around during our national anthem.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.3.19  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @13.3.18    4 years ago

Well he is now, so there's that 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
13.3.20  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @13.3.19    4 years ago
Well he is now, so there's that 

So, you believe a blurry video taken by an anonymous "Russian-American" that shows several people with their left hands over their hearts.

The Iowa caucus debacle is more entertaining!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
13.3.21  Raven Wing  replied to  Tessylo @13.3.9    4 years ago
It was the National Anthem.  

Like the flag, it is a part of who we are as a country and its people. Those who don't see the need to stand for the playing of the national anthem of our country without a flag being waved in their face, or totally refuse to show respect for our country at all, are slapping those who have given their all, as well as suffered physical injuries, and/or PTSD that has severely impacted the quality of their life in their face.

While it is true that people have the right to make their own choice on such matters, however, by not showing their respect for our country's flag and national anthem, together or individually, are showing the world they are not true American patriots, and have no right to make that claim.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
13.3.22  Jasper2529  replied to  Raven Wing @13.3.21    4 years ago

Did you know that at several of their inaugural events/balls, JFK and Jackie didn't place their right hands over their hearts while the national anthem was played? Videos proving this fact are available for your viewing pleasure on You Tube.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
13.3.23  Split Personality  replied to  Tessylo @13.3.17    4 years ago

320 ?

No something foul is afoot SP!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.3.24  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @13.3.22    4 years ago

Did they ever advocate that football players be fired for kneeling during the anthem?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
13.3.25  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jasper2529 @13.3.22    4 years ago

I would assume, however, that they were not sitting or kneeling.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
13.3.26  Jasper2529  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @13.3.25    4 years ago

Correct, Buzz. The videos show them smiling and standing with their hands at their sides.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13.3.27  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jasper2529 @13.3.11    4 years ago

You need to go back to the drawing board. 

There is only one footage of what happened.  There is audio, the link in the seeded article leads you to the footage where you can hear Demi Lovato singing the national anthem as trump clowns around. 

What you have are two different You Tube videos that used the cell phone footage. So what? 

The top was a brilliant takedown of Trump, by the way, thanks for posting it. 

We have dozens of videos/photos of President Trump during our national anthem. None of of them show disrespect. Why is this the only one?  

The top video, which you posted, goes into some detail about Trump previously disrespecting the national anthem. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
13.3.28  Sparty On  replied to  Jasper2529 @13.3.11    4 years ago

Doesn't matter Jasper, if it shows Trump in a bad light some here will jump on with both feet no matter what.  

Something seems hinky to me as well

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.3.29  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @13.3.28    4 years ago

83259402_10221528099174114_3663600283079933952_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=Etyhx-LZWSAAX-a8ZKe&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=4b48b6eb126d5a6075e62362cb9bf7f8&oe=5EBAEA2C

Sparty On
Professor Principal
13.3.30  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @13.3.29    4 years ago

Lol, look at you ..... been waiting to drop that one for awhile eh?

But by all mean, keep thinking that and keep failing miserably .... i love it!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.3.31  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @13.3.30    4 years ago

84539906_2850940661624881_3153955512366661632_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=cM3LSxoKrGIAX__wOWF&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=7ee5d3de5a8bb266ba230170b37e1e2c&oe=5ED4EE7E

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.3.32  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @13.3.31    4 years ago

83726090_838636716558606_2899601231200649216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=NbpxROYfPK4AX9X4lsF&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=fcaba75edd8c66b34fc9e64c3e2cb2c0&oe=5EB98E85

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
13.3.33  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sparty On @13.3.30    4 years ago

It's basically spam as it was posted first yesterday. I guess new material is difficult to find. All three of them and I am sure there will be more. Must present a shiny object to direct attention away from a great SOTU address.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.3.34  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @13.3.33    4 years ago
'Must present a shiny object to direct attention away from a great SOTU address .'

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.3.35  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @13.3.23    4 years ago

'No something foul is afoot SP!'

I said foul, not FOWL, you silly goose.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
13.3.36  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @13.3.31    4 years ago

Yawn but here's something for you to choke on:

• Almost 4 million jobs created since election.
  • More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
  • We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
  • Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
  • Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
  • New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
  • Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
  • African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
  • Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
  • Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
  • Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
  • Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
  • The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.
  • 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.
  • Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.
  • Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
  • As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
  • Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
  • Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.
  • Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
  • Record number of regulations eliminated.
  • Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
  • Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
  • My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
  • Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.
  • We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
  • Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
  • Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
  • We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.
  • Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
  • Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.
  • United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
  • Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
  • Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
  • Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.
  • NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.
  • Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.
  • Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
  • Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
  • Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
  • Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
  • Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.
  • Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
  • Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
  • Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
  • Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.
  • Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.
  • Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.
  • Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
  • We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
13.3.37  Sparty On  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @13.3.33    4 years ago

Hey man .... haters gotta hate .... true dat!

lib50
Professor Silent
13.3.38  lib50  replied to  Sparty On @13.3.7    4 years ago

Have to shout when you can't answer the questions and pivot to deflection.  To the folks who care about kneeling and flag pins.  Who give zero fucks when Trump's disrespects anything.  A lot of twisting and turning (he wasn't there in person, maybe it wasn't the anthem, excuses excuses), but since conservatives are the ones who make the big stink, its up to them to adhere to their own standards or get called out.  Be a hypocrite, I don't care.  Just don't think it will be ignored.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
13.3.39  Sparty On  replied to  lib50 @13.3.38    4 years ago
Have to shout when you can't answer the questions and pivot to deflection.

No you don't

Be a hypocrite, I don't care.

Thats good .... since i'm not.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
13.3.40  MrFrost  replied to  @13.3.2    4 years ago
Kneeling is a method of taking attention away from the national anthem

False. It's called a peaceful protest, which is in the constitution. Kapernick, (how ever you spell his stupid name, I can't stand the guy), asked a Veteran how he could protest without showing disrespect to the flag, the Veteran told him to kneel. I don't like it when people kneel for the anthem, pisses me off to be honest, but I do respect his right to do so. I just find it curious that trump jumping around and acting like a spoiled rotten little kid during the anthem is somehow excusable, but kneeling is horrible. I am equally appalled by trumps behavior and those who choose to kneel for the anthem. 

The fact that those on the right try to somehow excuse his behavior is disgusting. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
13.3.41  MrFrost  replied to  Sparty On @13.3.36    4 years ago
We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.

This one? This is a picture of trumps new border wall, knocked over in a windstorm last week. I doubt it would stand up to a small herd of goats much less illegals. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
13.3.42  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @13.3.41    4 years ago

Low bidder i guess ....

MrFrost
Professor Expert
13.3.43  MrFrost  replied to  Sparty On @13.3.36    4 years ago
Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.

When trump took office, the vetting process was already 2 1/2 years. When Obama took office, it was 6 months. I know I know, it was all part of Obama's open border policy....that didn't exist. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
13.3.44  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @13.3.43    4 years ago

Okay Frosty, i'll agree that we are not going to agree on lots of these.    And life goes on ....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.3.45  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @13.3.41    4 years ago

Sparty On
Professor Principal
13.5  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @13    4 years ago

Yes sir, you got it.   It's called hypocrisy.  

Some of the same people here bagging on Trump, for what is an unproven accusation by the way, where adamantly defending CK for kneeling.

Yep, you nailed it.   Hypocrisy

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14  Sparty On    4 years ago

How do we know this wasn't taken during the Star Spangled Banner and not the National Anthem?

I found no sound on the link.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.1  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @14    4 years ago

Because it wasn't.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @14    4 years ago
How do we know this wasn't taken during the Star Spangled Banner and not the National Anthem? I found no sound on the link.

The Star Spangled Banner is the national anthem. Oops. 

I think you mean America The Beautiful. 

There IS audio on the video, and it is the national anthem. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
14.3.1  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @14.3    4 years ago

Yeah, it was America the Beautiful

I found the sound bar on the link.   It appears it was the NA and if it was, that was pretty tacky of Trump to act that way.

If only more of the people here bagging on Trump for being disrespectful, bagged on CK for the same thing, we might get somewhere.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
14.4  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @14    4 years ago

It's there, and there's a TV in the "right" rear corner of the video showing the field, then the singer, then the coaches and players.  The camera dwelt too long on Kyle Shanahan with his eyes closed...

Jasper's 2nd video has pretty good sound.

user image
Freshman Silent
15      4 years ago

Can't take the guy down so might as well make a big deal when he gets excited about the national anthem. The desperation continues to hit new lows with those stricken with TDS.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
15.1  Tessylo  replied to  @15    4 years ago

Excited?  He just couldn't wait to sit his big fat ass down.  

lib50
Professor Silent
15.2  lib50  replied to  @15    4 years ago

Can't answer to Trump's total disrespect during the anthem after making a stink about everybody else who doesn't do it 'your' way, so deflect and throw out the bull.  From crimes to lies to bad behavior, Trump can do anything without repercussions.  WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE ANY STANDARDS FOR TRUMP WHEN YOU EXPECT EVERYBODY ELSE TO ADHERE?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
15.2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  lib50 @15.2    4 years ago
WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE ANY STANDARDS FOR TRUMP WHEN YOU EXPECT EVERYBODY ELSE TO ADHERE?

You will never get an answer to that. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
16  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Watching all these Newstalkers conservatives defend Trump's behavior, on this thread, is one of the stranger things I've ever seen here, and I've been on this site since November of 2011. 

If Ilhan Omar had waved her arms around , joking, during the national anthem , we'd be hearing that she should be on the next deportation boat out of town, or put in front of a firing squad. 

Trumpism is quite the disease, isnt it? 

freepress
Freshman Silent
17  freepress    4 years ago

I wish, hope and pray that someday his supporters get to see and hear in real time what he really thinks of them. In reality the same way world leaders have been caught laughing and talking about how absurd he is, Trump supporters fail to realize that Trump is truly a punk that has played them for all it's worth. He cares nothing about his base as can be proven by every horrible policy he has enacted. Rolling back asbestos protection when so many workers have died and suffered cancers from asbestos is just one of hundreds of terrible policies that hurt his own supporters.