╌>

Trump Charges the Liberal Hacks’ Latest Ambush

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  donald-j-trump-fan-1  •  4 years ago  •  65 comments

By:   Kurt Schlichter

Trump Charges the Liberal Hacks’ Latest Ambush
Well, Trump reacted. He tweeted the manifest and undeniable truth – that the liberal persecutors were treating Lady Justice like Harvey Weinstein treated eager starlets, except without the sop of a minor supporting role in a Gwyneth Paltrow flick. Trump charged right into the ambush. The reaction was predictable, especially after the DOJ brass realized these punks had bait and switched their sentencing recommendation. The DOJ promised to revise the recommendation and the media and liberal...

Way to go President Trump.  Well done making the progressive left act the fools that they are and expose the hyenas and jackals of the lamestream media for their hate and bias.  The progressives are out for blood in retaliation for Trump winning the 2016 election and people have to die for it as punishment.  So Manafort, Stone, Flynn get virtual death sentences for process offenses regarding an investigation that found no collusion or obstruction.  Pardon em all.  

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

078559e6-5728-4930-88d6-530dad73a77f.png

Source: AP Photo/Mark Thiessen

Editor’s Note : did you know there is a special Kurt column on Wednesdays? A third per week!

You know, these Deep State dorks want to be thought of as cunning operators with savage skills, but most of them are more like Barney Fife stumbling on a loaded AK-47 while hopped up on Aunt Bea’s famous hash hush puppies. They tried yet another hack ploy with the Roger Stone sentencing, and found themselves outplayed yet again like Joe Biden going up against Bobby Fischer. All Trump did is follow a basic rule they taught me and every other infantry guy down at Fort Benning.

You charge into the ambush. Full bore, no hesitation.

When you find yourself in a kill zone, you don’t futz around trying to figure out a plan. You do that and you die. 

You don’t run away, because then you get shot in the back and die tired.

You determine the direction of fire and charge into it.

You might get killed, but that’s a consequence of walking into an ambush. The simple fact is that the only way you have a chance of coming out of it unventilated is to charge the SOBs ambushing you. 

Which Trump did.

Here’s how these weasels laid their ambush. These rump doofuses on the Mueller coup accomplice team were preparing a sentencing memo for the judge in the Roger Stone case. Now, let’s leave aside the fact that the ghastly, targeted prosecution of this harmless gadfly treated justice like hobos treat the sidewalks of the Cesspool-By-The-Bay. Let’s pretend this was not a scummy political persecution for “crimes” that establishment suck-ups commit with impunity. Let’s forget all that and pretend his conviction was legit rather than another seedy attempt by Hillary-loving bureaucrats to get at Trump via his associates. 

That’s a lot of disbelief to suspend, but go with it. Okay, the sentencing memo gives the government’s perspective on the appropriate sentence based on such factors as the sentencing guidelines, the effect of the crime, the prior crimes of the convict, and other factors like age. For these non-violent offenses by a first-time offender of age 67, which caused zero harm, and were related to the “collusion” that even Mueller’s pack of scummy Democrats were forced to admit was a lie, you would expect somewhere from a few months to a couple of years in Club Fed. And apparently that’s what the persecutors briefed to their bosses, because in a high-vis case like this, flunky attorneys brief their bosses at the DOJ.

These hacks instead asked for 7 to 9 years.

Literally no one on earth could say in good faith that was remotely appropriate for this case. None, at least not without lying. It’s equal to a death sentence, but then it’s a Trump associate so there are apparently special rules. And you’ll notice few of the Dems whining about this say this is an appropriate sentence – at least not with a straight face.

They did it to make Trump react. They knew the establishment and its submissive media would freak out. They thought they could derail  his most epic run ever .

Well, Trump reacted. He tweeted the manifest and undeniable truth – that the liberal persecutors were treating Lady Justice like Harvey Weinstein treated eager starlets, except without the sop of a minor supporting role in a Gwyneth Paltrow flick.

Trump charged right into the ambush.

The reaction was predictable, especially after the DOJ brass realized these punks had bait and switched their sentencing recommendation. The DOJ promised to revise the recommendation and the media and liberal pols went nuts. This is the same media and the same liberal pols who want actual criminals to go free, who think arresting illegal alien thugs is a crime against humanity, and who want to close our prisons and turn them into  Billy Jack -esque Rainbow Schools to teach hugging and climate paranoia to children.

Then he questioned the judge’s impartiality, which you are not allowed to do because of reasons unless its Gorsuch or Kavanaugh. Then it’s totally principled, the principle being “the elite gets its way.”

So, we got the #ImpeachBarr hashtags and the Very Serious Lawyers on Twitter and CNN explaining how undoing this breaking of norms and rules is a terrible breaking of norms and rules. As a lawyer, let me give you some free advice – take Twitter lawyer advice with a grain of salt. And that grain should be approximately the size of Mothra.

There was a lot of talk about how “troubling” and even “frightening” it was that Donald Trump “interfered” with the “prosecutorial discretion” of these first-line functionaries. There was little talk of how obviously it was a set-up designed to try to trick Trump into violating some newly created norm – that new norm being that a president must leave unaddressed manifest injustices inflicted upon his supporters.

Except Trump does not play that loser’s game. They still think that Trump can somehow be shamed into obedience to the elite by castigating him for violating its arbitrary and unequally enforced unwritten rules.

He can’t.

We hired Trump to break the establishment paradigm that pretends our so-called betters are about the rule of law when they really just use the law to rule. If there is a “norm” or “rule” that requires us to look away and ignore when liberals twist and pervert the power of their positions to pursue politically motivated vendettas, then such “norms” and “rules” should not just be broken.

They should be shattered.

Enter The Donald. 

They thought they were cunning. They thought they were smart. They set up an ambush thinking, yet again, that This Time We Will Get Trump™.

Trump charged.

Here’s how this ends. 

It ends with Roger Stone (and LTG Mike Flynn) pardoned, and the libs crying.

It ends with the American people who aren’t celebrating shrugging.

And it ends with the garbage caste we call our elite losing again.

Keep charging those ambushes, Mr. President, for another five years.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

Except Trump does not play that loser’s game. They still think that Trump can somehow be shamed into obedience to the elite by castigating him for violating its arbitrary and unequally enforced unwritten rules.

He can’t.

We hired Trump to break the establishment paradigm that pretends our so-called betters are about the rule of law when they really just use the law to rule. If there is a “norm” or “rule” that requires us to look away and ignore when liberals twist and pervert the power of their positions to pursue politically motivated vendettas, then such “norms” and “rules” should not just be broken.

They should be shattered.

Enter The Donald. 

They thought they were cunning. They thought they were smart. They set up an ambush thinking, yet again, that This Time We Will Get Trump™.

Trump charged.

Here’s how this ends. 

It ends with Roger Stone (and LTG Mike Flynn) pardoned, and the libs crying.

It ends with the American people who aren’t celebrating shrugging.

And it ends with the garbage caste we call our elite losing again.  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    4 years ago

we hired trump to break the status quo

and the left tells us we should be mad at trump for breaking the status quo.

the left aint so bright after all.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1    4 years ago

He’s doing so well!  Far exceeded my expectations.  I’m proud of what he’s done for the working and middle class and for flyover country America.  I’m going to re elect him to four more years of the same.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.1    4 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif Who knew you had such a sense of humor.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.2    4 years ago

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.2    4 years ago

And I can’t wait until November to impose him upon you all for four more years! 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.1.5  katrix  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.4    4 years ago

How does it feel to live totally driven by hatred?

Satan laughing spreads his wings ....

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
2  Steve Ott    4 years ago

Kurt should just stick to his law firm and forget about writing. Now, on to the sentencing.

How many here know how sentencing works? Hmmm? Anyone? Probably very few. So here for your educational purposes is where you can look at the Federal Sentencing Guidelines for yourself.

United States Sentencing Commission

It doesn't matter what the statues say the range of time is, every sentence is driven by the guidelines. Judges are not allowed to deviate. They have to choose between a range of time given by the guidelines.

Learn something about how the (in)justice system works. Work to get rid of it, but don't just bitch about it. The prosecutors had every right to the time recommended in their recommendation. But guess what, it is the judge who makes the final decision, not the prosecutors.

You are shooting the messenger and making nothing better.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Steve Ott @2    4 years ago

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Steve Ott  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    4 years ago

Your reply shows a total lack of understanding and is in no way a meaningful answer.

Ender
Professor Principal
3  Ender    4 years ago
Hours before New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo was set to meet the president at the White House, Trump tweeted that Cuomo “must understand” that National Security far exceeds politics,” a reference to his administration’s recent decision to halt New York’s access to the Global Entry and other “trusted traveler” programs   that allow New Yorkers faster border crossings and shorter airport lines.

Trump continued, “New York must stop all of its unnecessary lawsuits & harrassment, start cleaning itself up, and lowering taxes.”

Trump’s invocation of “lawsuits & harrassment” was a reference to the state’s numerous lawsuits against his administration and also against Trump’s business, which is based in New York.
That prompted Rep. Val Demings (D-Fla.), one of the House managers who prosecuted Trump’s impeachment in the Senate, to accuse the president of “expanding his abuse of power to blackmailing U.S. states (threatening millions of people he supposedly works for). In this case, he's holding New York state hostage to try to stop investigations into his prior tax fraud.” Link

This is what you support. Him blackmailing a state.

Fucking pathetic.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ender @3    4 years ago

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ender @3    4 years ago

New York and California deserve what they have received due to their environmental and sanctuary policies 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
3.2.1  katrix  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2    4 years ago
New York and California deserve what they have received due to their environmental and sanctuary policies 

So you're in favor of Trump retaliating against everyone he dislikes. And apparently the idea of clean water and air hurts your delicate sensibilities.

What a pathetic, anti-American attitude.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
3.2.3  katrix  replied to  XDm9mm @3.2.2    4 years ago

And the answer to that is to reduce environmental protections?

Where I live, it's cows pissing and shitting into the waterways that causes much of the water pollution. Guess it all depends on where you live. In Flint, it was another matter entirely.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.2.4  Ender  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2    4 years ago

So yes, you are just fine with him blackmailing a state...

bccrane
Freshman Silent
3.2.5  bccrane  replied to  katrix @3.2.3    4 years ago

Then it should please you to know that we eliminated most of the polluting buffalo and bison decades ago in an attempt to clean up the waterways /s

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ender @3.2.4    4 years ago

Only if it’s a blue one....turnabout is fair play after what Obama did to red ones during his tyrannical regime 

Ender
Professor Principal
3.2.8  Ender  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.6    4 years ago

Hahaha

And what did he do to red states that was so horrible...

Ender
Professor Principal
3.2.9  Ender  replied to    4 years ago

What gets me is most of this comes from the top. donald can say the evil Democrats are out to get him and say Obama did something horrible and they immediately take it as gospel.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

Trump continued, “New York must stop all of its unnecessary lawsuits & harassment.

Translation....quit suing me.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.1  katrix  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4    4 years ago

It's so unfair! Waaaahhh! I want my mommy!

What a fucking snowflake Trump is. He's so easily triggered it would be laughable if it weren't so pathetic.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5  It Is ME    4 years ago

"Literally no one on earth could say in good faith that was remotely appropriate for this case. "

Not on "THIS" earth, but on Planet TDS .....it is ! 

We have evidence ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

"BOT" Pelosi : I'm "Deeply damaged" and I think Barr "Deeply" damaged MY rule of law" ! jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Pocahontas: "I think? "Barr should resign, or be " Impeached " ! jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @5    4 years ago

Stone was convicted of seven felonies.

But please do go on about how he should only get probation or be acquitted...

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @5.1    4 years ago
Stone was convicted of seven felonies

Martha Stewart was convicted of (4) Four ! jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

"On this day, March 5th, 2004, Martha Stewart is convicted on all four counts of felony charges for obstruction of justice and lying to police."

She only got 5 months in prison !jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.1    4 years ago

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @5.1    4 years ago
Stone was convicted of seven felonies.

The evidence against him is overwhelming, but the offenses are nonviolent. At most someone like Stone might get 3 years for the extras like witness tampering. A recommendation of 9 years?  And not being straight forward about it with the DOJ?   That tells us what?  That the 9 year recommendation only got added because Stone was a Trump supporter - THE ONLY REASON!

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.3    4 years ago

There are federal guidelines they usually follow. A judge that goes out of those guidelines has to explain why.

Have you never seen a prosecutor ask for a maximum knowing the sentence would most likely be less? Ask for 9 and get 5. Ask for 3 and get half.

Saying it was only because of donald is accusing the department as well as the judge. So you are going to accuse all these people (falsely) just to protect a donald crony that you probably could care less about. You all are making it political and wanting to give a lax sentence just because of donald.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.1    4 years ago

You do realize there are different crimes involved...

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.6  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.2    4 years ago

Stumped Again ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.7  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @5.1.5    4 years ago
You do realize there are different crimes involved...

Like ? jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

Wording the "Charges" differently, doesn't make it worse than what Martha did.

Stone charges:

"witness tampering, obstruction of an official proceeding and making false statements."

Martha Stewart Charges:

"Conspiracy, False Statements. Making and Using False Documents, Perjury, Obstruction of Justice, Securities Fraud"

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.7    4 years ago

Sorry but I don't look at tax evasion and witness intimidation, meddling in a federal investigation as the same.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.9  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @5.1.8    4 years ago
Sorry but I don't look at tax evasion and witness intimidation, meddling in a federal investigation as the same.

You should !

Manslaughter is 2 to 20 years. 2 years being the operative ! jrSmiley_123_smiley_image.gif

Murder is 10 to 99. 10 years being the operative too. jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @5.1.8    4 years ago

Same here Ender.

What won't tRump defenders defend?

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.11  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.9    4 years ago

So you don't think they take what was actually done into consideration?

No matter how it is written, mitigating circumstances are taken into account.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.12  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @5.1.11    4 years ago
So you don't think they take what was actually done into consideration?

Apparently not !

Based on Stones "Sentence", I could get less years for "Slaughtering" someone, if my argument is good enough. jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.13  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @5.1.4    4 years ago
Have you never seen a prosecutor ask for a maximum knowing the sentence would most likely be less?

Marilyn Mosby comes immediately to mind. All of the Mueller prosecutions as well.

There are federal guidelines they usually follow. A judge that goes out of those guidelines has to explain why.

The judge in this case can go all the way up to 50 years if she wants to. Another thing about federal court. Both sides submit questions for potential jurors. The judge selects them. This judge has to consider her own actions thus far when she considers punishment.

Saying it was only because of donald is accusing the department as well as the judge. 

These were 4 of Weissmann's prosecutors. You know, the same Weissmann who ran the Russia/collusion hoax for 3 years and is now working for MSNBC. The judge has already done some questionable things. So ya, I'm claiming all have a political agenda.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.14  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.12    4 years ago

I could also get the death penalty for murdering someone.

Again, mitigating circumstance.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.15  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @5.1.14    4 years ago
I could also get the death penalty for murdering someone.

10 years is a possibility too ! jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

"Again, mitigating circumstance."

"Murder" is "Murder", isn't it ?

Now....what is a "non-societal effect" offense really worth ? 

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.16  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.13    4 years ago

Of course you are. You defend anything and everything donald.

Weissmann had left the department. How can they be his prosecutors when he isn't there...You sound exactly like extreme right wing talking heads.

So if working for MSNBC is bias, what about the people that only go on fox news?

You are claiming political agenda for no other reason than donald said so.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.17  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.15    4 years ago

Murder is murder right? Should someone that walked up to another and shot them in the head get the same sentence as someone that shot someone while hunting...

Again, mitigating circumstance is taken into consideration.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.18  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @5.1.17    4 years ago
Should someone that walked up to another and shot them in the head get the same sentence as someone that shot someone while hunting...

If you're okay with Stone getting more time in Jail than Martha Stewart for the same thing Martha did, The "Hunting" scenario is the same as the "Walk up and shoot someone in the head" scenario !

It just makes sense. jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.19  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.18    4 years ago

If you think Martha lying about her taxes is the same as Stone....

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.20  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @5.1.19    4 years ago
If you think Martha lying about her taxes is the same as Stone....

Did you forget already ?

Martha's issues were actually.....(as already noted to YOU in 5.1.7  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @5.1.5 .)

"Conspiracy, False Statements. Making and Using False Documents, Perjury, Obstruction of Justice, Securities Fraud"

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.21  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.20    4 years ago

And we have talked about how different scenarios can have different outcomes.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.22  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @5.1.16    4 years ago
Weissmann had left the department. How can they be his prosecutors when he isn't there..

The case against Stone was built by those prosecutors when he was there. They all hated Trump. Do you really think a non-violent offense warrants 9 years?  What about what Jussie Smollett did?  Did you see what was done for him?   

Justice has to be equal and fair. It is not.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.24  Vic Eldred  replied to    4 years ago
Particularly when any sitting POTUS interjects himself into the proceedings.

Despite when that happens

a dangerous practice 

Self defeating

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.26  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.22    4 years ago

The progressive left is so angry about Trumps upset win that they are casting about for people to literally die for the offense of his election.  Getting Manafort and Stone sentences as long or longer than their remaining life expectancy is part of the two track justice system in the DC swamp. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.28  Vic Eldred  replied to    4 years ago
Nothing good to be gained when the Executive branch attempts to subvert the actions of the Judicial...or the Legislative for that matter.

Your'e a little beyond me. I'm only talking about the tweeting. I'm basically agreeing with Barr. It is counter productive.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.29  Vic Eldred  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.26    4 years ago

Correct. We have a double standard. Comey, Brennan, Clapper and McCabe are above the law.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.30  Vic Eldred  replied to    4 years ago
.at least until they are pardoned

They should be pardoned - for malicious prosecution. It should be done the same way Obama would do it - in the final months of a second term.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.31  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.22    4 years ago
They all hated Trump

Conjecture. Do you really know this or have proof? Or were you told to believe this...

If you think the justice system is not fair, why don't you use your time to complain about the true injustice. The one where the more money one has the more likely they are to get a better deal.

Instead you complain about wealthy political crimes. Something you and I would already be in jail for, without all this fanfare.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.32  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @5.1.31    4 years ago
Do you really know this or have proof? Or were you told to believe this...

We saw all the texts and e-mails between the rogue agents.  Remember?

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.33  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.32    4 years ago

Calling them rouge does not make it so. A couple of texts not liking donald is not rouge action.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.34  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @5.1.33    4 years ago

Lying, leaking, applying for fraudulent applications, launching investigations without a predicate and violating the rights of American citizens DOES MAKE THEM ROUGE - and YOU KNOW IT!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.35  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.34    4 years ago

You again are so right on about this

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6  seeder  XXJefferson51    4 years ago