╌>

I'll bet you everything I have that Andrew McCabe will be indicted by..... oh wait..... nevermind.

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  52 comments

I'll bet you everything I have that Andrew McCabe will be indicted by..... oh wait..... nevermind.

News item

Andrew McCabe, favorite far right conspiracy and conservative media punching bag was informed by the Department of Justice that he will not be indicted for making false statements to internal investigators in relation to the Clinton e-mail probe. 

This concludes months and months of right wing guessing and predicting that McCabe was the tip of the iceberg of deep state criminality. 

Some have even bet everything they have that McCabe would be indicted by a date in the near future. 

Guess those guys don't have everything anymore. 

related

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fbi-deputy-director-andrew-mccabe-charged-justice-department/story?id=68989166

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago
The Justice Department has informed former FBI Deputy Director   Andrew McCabe   that it will not seek charges against him for allegedly lying to internal investigators several years ago.
McCabe was fired from the FBI on March 16, 2018, after the Justice Department’s inspector general concluded that McCabe misled investigators looking into how Justice Department and FBI officials handled matters associated with the 2016 presidential election .

Reacting on CNN, where he is now a contributor, McCabe said that it was an "absolute disgrace" that it took two years for the Justice Department to reach what he called the "obvious conclusion" -- that he said could have been drawn "a long, long time ago."

"Just so glad that my kids don't have to live with this anymore," McCabe, a frequent target of President Donald Trump's wrath, said.

"To have this horrific black cloud that's been hanging over me and my family for almost the last two years, to have that finally lifted is just an unbelievable -- it's a relief I'm not sure I can really explain to you adequately," McCabe said.

He also said he had been concerned that Trump's "revenge" following his acquittal in the Senate impeachment trial had "amplified my concerns about what would happen in my own case."

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

This shows the difference between Trump cultists and everyone else.  Everyone they want in jail don't have any charges against them and have not committed any crimes to warrant going to jail.  Everyone they DON'T want in jail are being kept out only by the actions of Trump cronies. 

Just waiting for Trump to start issuing pardons to all his accomplices.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    4 years ago
This shows the difference between Trump cultists and everyone else.

It shows us the difference between who is above the law and who is not. Stone had the book thrown at him for the same lying that McCabe, Brennan, Clapper and Comey walk free for.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    4 years ago

did n e that u example threaten witness's, or draw crosshairs by the judge ?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    4 years ago
It shows us the difference between who is above the law and who is not.

The GOP just gave trump the greenlight to do whatever he wants, illegal or not. So you really have no room to talk.

Gallagher, the Navy Seal that stabbed to death a child, in front of his entire team, was pardoned by trump despite him committing murder, (refer to the Geneva Convention and our 8th amendment). That same trump demands disciplinary action against Vindman, who complied with a legal congressional subpoena and told the truth, under oath. The trump admin rewards lawless behavior. Stone, Flynn, Papadopoulos, etc... will all likely get pardons even though they all broke the law. Trump has zero respect for the rule of law, he has been that way for decades. Central Park Five....ring a bell? 

If you want to talk about who is above the law and who isn't start with that. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

We were at lunch when this came across the "breaking" news. 

I said, let's see who has it published by the time we get back, lol.

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Split Personality @1.2    4 years ago

The story came out quite a few hours ago.  I didnt see anybody seed it so I did. jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2.2  MrFrost  replied to  Split Personality @1.2    4 years ago
We were at lunch when this came across the "breaking" news. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2  Dismayed Patriot    4 years ago

I guess we'll have to keep "waiting to see" all the "criminals" go to jail who have supposedly been out to get Mr. innocent crocodile tears Trump like all his sycophants have been mindlessly chanting for the last two years... Dozens of criminals in dirty Donald's filthy cesspool of friends and employees pleading guilty and getting convicted but Republicans are still holding out hope that at least 1 of Obama's or Hillary's staff will be found guilty of something so they can scream equivalence.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4  It Is ME    4 years ago

" informed by the Department of Justice that he will not be indicted for making false statements to internal investigators"

Martha, and anyone else put in jail for making false statements to internal investigators, should be pardoned. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1  bugsy  replied to  It Is ME @4    4 years ago
Martha, and anyone else put in jail for making false statements to internal investigators, should be pardoned

Exactly. The charges against Flynn should be dismissed. Same with the lying charges against Stone.

I believe Itisme is correct. This is only about lying. Small fish. I believe Durham will have a nice big surprise for McCabe in the spring....along with several others.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    4 years ago

So Trump can magically get a sentencing recommendation changed for one guy but can't get another prosecuted? Which is it then? Is the Attorney General his puppet? Or not?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @5    4 years ago

I believe it's called due process.

It went before a Grand Jury twice.  It has been said here and there,  that Grand Juries will indict a Ham Sandwich for a Federal Prosecutor. /s

Apparently not these last two Grand Juries.  A panel of McCabe's peers apparently refused to hand down an indictment.

The Judge(R) who I believe was appointed by George Bush (R), has been demanding a resolution for 18 months.

Case resolved.  DOJ closed it.

Unless Bull Durham(R) can magically produce more evidence after all of this time, it's a done deal.

McCabe is still, to my knowledge, suing for his full retirement pensions and benefits which were denied him for political reasons only.  No arrest or criminal charges? No indictment? No conviction? Just political retribution the day before his retirement?

Good luck to him.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     4 years ago

JUSTICE DEPARTMENT

DOJ drops leak case vs. McCabe, judge said White House involvement like a 'banana republic'

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.1  Ronin2  replied to  Kavika @6    4 years ago

Obama appointed judge. Never leave that out.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Ronin2 @6.1    4 years ago
Obama appointed judge. Never leave that out.

What a wonderful example of an ignorant comment..Frickin' priceless. 

Perhaps actually reading the article [Deleted] would have helped you out, or perhaps not.

The judge, a George W. Bush appointee, said "the fact that you got somebody at the top basically trying to dictate whether somebody should be prosecuted" was like a "banana republic."

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @6.1    4 years ago

Knee jerk reaction?  The Judge is listed as nonpartisan, appointed by GW Bush in 2001, never leave out something easy to google...

District of Columbia

Nominee Information
Name: Reggie B. Walton
Court: United States District Court for the District of Columbia
Progress
Confirmed 93 days after nomination.
18px-Yes_check.svg.png Nominated: June 20, 2001
18px-Yes_check.svg.png ABA Rating: Unanimously Well Qualified
18px-Yes_check.svg.png Hearing: August 22, 2001
18px-Yes_check.svg.png Hearing Transcript: Hearing Transcript
16px-Red_x.svg.png Questionnaire:
18px-Yes_check.svg.png Hearing: August 22, 2001
16px-Red_x.svg.png QFRs : (Hover over QFRs to read more)
18px-Yes_check.svg.png Reported: September 6, 2001 
18px-Yes_check.svg.png Confirmed: September 21, 2001
18px-Yes_check.svg.png Vote: 97-0
16px-Red_x.svg.png Returned: August 3, 2001

Walton was nominated by President George W. Bush on June 20, 2001, to a seat vacated by Judge Stanley Sporkin . The American Bar Association rated Walton Unanimously Well Qualified for the nomination. Under Rule XXXI, paragraph six of the standing rules of the Senate, Walton's nomination was returned to the president on August 3, 2001. President Bush resubmitted the nomination. Hearings on Walton's nomination were held before the Senate Judiciary Committee on August 22, 2001, and his nomination was reported by U.S. Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) on September 6, 2001. Walton was confirmed on a recorded 97-0 vote of the U.S. Senate on September 21, 2001, and he received his commission on September 24, 2001. Walton elected to take senior status beginning on December 31, 2015. [1] [3] [4] [5]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  Vic Eldred    4 years ago

Some have even bet everything they have that McCabe would be indicted by a date in the near future. 

Tell us who they were?

JBB
Professor Principal
7.1  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    4 years ago

You did. Didn't you?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @7.1    4 years ago
You did. Didn't you?

No. I recently made a bet like that, but it was about the current DURHAM INVESTIGATION!  And BTW, I had no takers!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.1    4 years ago

Vic, it is all over for the Trump mob like DOJ (Barr). Trump thinks he is Michael Corleone and Barr is Tom Hagen, the mob lawyer. 

Their problem is neither of them have any credibility outside of the right wing media bubble. 

Even if they indict someone like McCabe or Brennan, there isnt a jury that would convict them or anyone else put up before a Trump led show trial. 

The mass delusion that inhabits right wing media today is truly amazing. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.2    4 years ago
Even if they indict someone like McCabe or Brennan, there isnt a jury that would convict them or anyone else put up before a Trump led show trial. 

In other words DC juries are made up of progressives who would never convict an anti-Trump thug?   

Thanks John, I think we all had a hunch.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.3    4 years ago

Its mot that Vic, its that you place your hope in liars and scoundrels like Trump and Barr. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.4    4 years ago

So you've been saying for 3 years. It was Russia/Collusion, a phone call to the Ukraine and now a tweet!  Smearing the AG won't work either.

PJ
Masters Quiet
8  PJ    4 years ago

Another trumped up accusation that turned out to be NOTHING.  McCabe should sue the government and sue Trump after he leaves the WH.   If it was possible, he should sue trump's stupid base too.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  PJ @8    4 years ago
Another trumped up accusation that turned out to be NOTHING. 

FALSE.  McCabe did lie and he did leak. There was a criminal referral on him. The DOJ simply declined to prosecute. 

Some are giddy about McCabe getting off.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.2  Greg Jones  replied to  PJ @8    4 years ago

You continue to be uninformed and ignorant of what is going on in real life, in appears.