╌>

Trump looks to rev up his base at Daytona 500

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  it-is-me  •  4 years ago  •  10 comments

By:   By KEVIN FREKING Associated Press

Trump looks to rev up his base at Daytona 500
“There’s a real sense of positive, overwhelming affirmation to hear the roar of the crowd. "

THE ROAR FOR TRUMP WILL BE DEFEANING ! jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Donald Trump is out to rev up his appeal with a key voting demographic — NASCAR fans — as he takes in the Daytona 500 on Sunday. 

NASCAR drivers may veer to the left during their trip around the oval racetrack, but their fans lean right, which helps explain the regularity with which GOP presidents have made their way to the track.

This year, Trump will serve as grand marshal and give the command for drivers to start their engines.

Ari Fleischer, the White House spokesman under George W. Bush, said the visit should appeal to Trump on two fronts.

“There’s a real sense of positive, overwhelming affirmation to hear the roar of the crowd. What politician doesn’t want that?” Fleischer said. “Secondly, there’s what I call the reverberation effect. People watching at home, who hear the roar of the crowd for a president, that can drive them toward some sense of approval or fondness or liking for the president."

Just in case anyone misses the point, Trump's reelection campaign will run a TV ad during the Fox broadcast of the race and fly an aerial banner near the speedway. 

Trump scored a coup in 2016 when Brian France, then NASCAR's chairman and chief executive, endorsed him in the presidential race.

------------------------------------------------------

Last year, Trump took that outreach a step further, awarding the Presidential Medal of Freedom, one of the nation’s highest civilian honors, to Roger Penske, a businessman and founder of one of the world’s most successful motorsports teams.

------------------------------------------------------

About 100,000 people are expected to attend this year's race and millions more will watch on television. About 9 million people took in last year's race on television.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    4 years ago

Haven't been to a Nascar Race since the First Night Race at Daytona in 07-04-1998.

Started going in '73 and stopped going when they made the Cars all the same, for PC reasons ! Seeing a car painted like the car you root for, just isn't the same as seeing the actual car run.

I Was there when Reagan was during Petties 200th win, and you couldn't hear yourself think with all the Roar FOR Reagan.

It will be the same for Trump. jrSmiley_12_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @1    4 years ago

It will be just like when he went to the college football national championship game!  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    4 years ago

It will be Awesome ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.2  bugsy  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.1    4 years ago

I live in Jacksonville. I will probably hear the roar from here.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    4 years ago
NASCAR drivers may veer to the left during their trip around the oval racetrack, but their fans lean right

Good one! 

2hairl.jpg

Looks like a fun time. I haven't been to any race in a long time, and I've never done Daytona. I would think one of those infield RV rentals might be the way to go.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1  cjcold  replied to  Tacos! @2    4 years ago

Done the 24 hours of Daytona many times (I earned a Rolex Daytona watch) Never done the 500.

charger 383
Professor Silent
3  charger 383    4 years ago

Racing season is here

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.1  cjcold  replied to  charger 383 @3    4 years ago

A bit earlier than normal.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4  Split Personality    4 years ago

Too, funny.  More fake news from the WH.  The dramatic shot of Air Force one used for the seed is from 2004.

The picture has been deleted from the WH account.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Split Personality @4    4 years ago

Trump didn't fly into and out of  the Daytona Beach International Airport ?