╌>

Trump Has a Clear Grasp of the Powers the Constitution Grants Him

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  donald-j-trump-fan-1  •  4 years ago  •  125 comments

By:   Editorial of the New York Sun

Trump Has a Clear Grasp of the Powers the Constitution Grants Him
The president, it seems, has a clearer grasp of his constitutional powers and obligations than anyone in this fray. The thing to focus on is Article II of the Constitution itself. It creates the president and vests in him — and him alone — the executive powers of the government. It’s as straightforward as it can be. “The executive Power,” it says, “shall be vested in a President of the United States of America.” It doesn’t say “some of the executive power.” It says “the” executive power. It...

Trump is following the constitution.  It is what guides him in governing our country.  He is a great American and devoted to the rule of law.  

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Is President Trump the only one in Washington who has read the Constitution? Forgive us, but that’s how, amid the brouhaha over Mr. Trump’s criticism of the Justice Department, we would turn around the question that Khizr Khan famously asked at the 2016 Democratic National Convention. The president, it seems, has a clearer grasp of his constitutional powers and obligations than anyone in this fray.

The thing to focus on is Article II of the Constitution itself. It creates the president and vests in him — and him alone — the executive powers of the government. It’s as straightforward as it can be. “The executive Power,” it says, “shall be vested in a President of the United States of America.” It doesn’t say “some of the executive power.” It says “the” executive power. It vests such power in only the president.

Article II also creates the presidential oath, which bears parsing. It binds the president to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution — but not absolutely. He’s required to do the preserving, protecting, and defending only, as he is required to put it, “to the best of my ability.” This is no doubt a minority opinion, but we take that to mean that a president can be imperfect. Or, to put it another way, he’s entitled to some mistakes.

In any event, the fact that the executive power is vested in a single person makes the executive branch different from the legislative branch, where powers granted are diffused among 535 members of the House and Senate, and judicial branch, where power is diffused among 870 Article III judges. One thing this means is that, unlike judges and legislators, presidents can’t recuse themselves for a conflict of interest.

This is known in law as the  rule of necessity . Presidents must proceed and do their duty, to the best of their ability, even when it’s awkward, as it certainly is in the case of, say, Roger Stone, the subject of the latest presidential tweetstorm. The rule of necessity doesn’t mean that presidents can act out of corrupt motives. It does mean they must, to the best of their abilities, take care that the laws are faithfully executed.

As we read the Constitution, that means that if Mr. Trump doesn’t like the way the Justice Department is dealing with Mr. Stone, or anyone else, he has to do his best to correct it — even maybe by tweeting some guidance or assigning the matter to a different prosecutor. In the case of Roger Stone, Attorney General Barr was already on top of the runaway prosecutors. Mr. Trump, though, was entitled to his tirade.

The one constitutional error the President made was his response to Mr. Barr’s interview in which the AG said the president “has never asked me to do anything in a criminal case.” The President’s error was then to say: “This doesn’t mean that I do not have, as President, the legal right to do so, I do, but I have so far chosen not to!” That strikes us as constitutionally off.

Presidents, after all, don’t have any special “rights.” They have no more rights than your average dustman, washroom attendant, or newspaperman. What presidents get are power (the “executive power”) and duties, in this case the obligation to take care that our laws are faithfully executed. If he thinks the prosecutors are going too hard on his friend, he has a duty to act.

And twitter is not Mr. Trump’s only constitutional power. He could commute any sentence Roger Stone draws. Or clear him completely, via a pardon. He could do that even before any sentence is handed down. He doesn’t need to consult a soul. The pardon is the least fettered power the President has. Does this mean our greatest newspapers are wrong to suggest that the President is sometimes his own worst enemy? Not at all. That, though, is a not a constitutional cavil but a political one, just as was Khizr Khan’s.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

Presidents, after all, don’t have any special “rights.” They have no more rights than your average dustman, washroom attendant, or newspaperman. What presidents get are power (the “executive power”) and duties, in this case the obligation to take care that our laws are faithfully executed. If he thinks the prosecutors are going too hard on his friend, he has a duty to act.

And twitter is not Mr. Trump’s only constitutional power. He could commute any sentence Roger Stone draws. Or clear him completely, via a pardon. He could do that even before any sentence is handed down. He doesn’t need to consult a soul. The pardon is the least fettered power the President has.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    4 years ago

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    4 years ago
They have no more rights than your average dustman, washroom attendant, or newspaperman.

If your average dustman, washroom attendant, or newspaperman break a law, can they be indicted?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.3  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    4 years ago

Trump doesn't have a clear grasp of anything anymore. Seems Alzheimer's has set in.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.3.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  cjcold @1.3    4 years ago

He sure has a good grasp on how great a job he is doing for our country.  He did MAGA and we are going to KAG! 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.3.2  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3.1    4 years ago

Trump takes credit for Obama's great economic recovery.

The economy under Trump is now going downhill.

Trump lies about everything.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.3.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to    4 years ago

You are correct but you ask a lot of it’s sufferers.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    4 years ago

This 'president' clearly does not have a freaking clue about the constitution or ANYTHING.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.4.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @1.4    4 years ago

He is the great defender of the original intent of the authors of the constitution and is doing a great job appointing judges who do as well.  

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.4.2  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.4.1    4 years ago

He is a great defender of corporate monsters who care for immediate profits over planetary stability. 

According to Trump, anthropogenic global warming is a hoax. No matter that it is now happening even faster than the worst projections of just a few years ago.

Every actual scientist on the planet disagrees with Trump and the far right wing consortium of fossil fuel planet rapists.

The vast majority of the world's citizens hate Trump for good reasons. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.4.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  cjcold @1.4.2    4 years ago

Global warming is a giant hoax and climate change is a huge fraud.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    4 years ago

heil_trump_sticker.jpg?color=White&height=630&width=630&qv=90

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago

That shows such a lack of understanding of who Hitler was that’s its hard to believe anyone could be so obtuse as to make the comparison

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @2.1    4 years ago

How do you know what I "mean"? 

I know all about Hitler, having read at least four full length biographies of him. 

How do you know Trump is not like Hitler? 

Is Trump done? Maybe he is just getting started.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    4 years ago

Godwin’s law says you [deleted] injecting Hitler into domestic political discussion 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    4 years ago
Maybe he is just getting started.

Maybe? That's supposed to be meaningful for people? Maybe? 

And maybe monkeys will fly out of your butt. Maybe. Better do something about it. It's so silly.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.3    4 years ago

deleted

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tacos! @2.1.4    4 years ago

I couldn’t have said it better myself.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    4 years ago

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    4 years ago
How do you know what I "mean"? 

I could compare FDR to Hitler and it would make more sense.    Not really a very good comparison either but it’s still a better one than Trump.

I know all about Hitler,

Apparently not .....

Simple, unbiased observation.

Is Trump done? Maybe he is just getting started.

And maybe the lotto ticket I bought yesterday is the winner.    Hey .... it’s possible.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.8    4 years ago

donald-trump-3-11-16-2.png

trump-rally-nazi-salute-.jpeg

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.8    4 years ago

Simple, unbiased observation.

Mar 8, 2016 WASHINGTON ( JTA ) — Donald Trump said he would “look into” his recent practice of asking followers to raise their hands in a pledge after it was likened to the Nazi salute.

Trump said Tuesday on NBC that the comparisons to Nazi salutes were a “big, big stretch,” adding it was something he does for fun.

“I’ll certainly look into it,” Trump, a billionaire real estate magnate and the front-runner among Republican presidential candidates, told the “Today” show when he was told that the raised hand caused offense. “I’d like to find out that that’s true because I don’t want to offend anybody.”

Abraham Foxman, the former national director of the Anti-Defamation League and a Holocaust survivor, this week called the hand-raising a “fascist gesture” and said Trump knew what he was doing.

=

Trump told his audience that they should pledge personal allegiance to him. And raise their hands as a sign of loyalty to him. 

It was instantly so familiar to people everywhere it became immediately controversial. 

As time has gone by Trump has become more and more enamored of the idea that he can do whatever he wants, and has repeatedly said it in public. 

Why do you think so many people have described Trump as having authoritarian inclinations?  Why are his friends internationally despots, and the leaders of western Europe, the part of the world most like the United States,  mostly despise him? 

How do you know what I mean when I put up a photo of "Heil Trump"?  It could mean many things. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.10    4 years ago

Your meaning is clear John.    You know it, I know it and the American people know it.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1.12  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.11    4 years ago

What does Trump like Grabbing again ?

What does he have 'A Clear Grasp Of" again....?

Nothin but his Kitty Kat Followers being led to the ignorant pastures where they graze in oceans of denial, drowning in ignorance as he continues to defile and they allow it,

all the while.

Trump rationalizers are truth despizers,

none,

all the wizers

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.1.12    4 years ago

Did hitler grab pussies?    I missed that chapter .... musta been sleepin .... wasn’t when bubba was flavoring his cigars though .... such a classy dude all y’all give a free pass ... golf cheater and pussy cigar flavorer .... what a guy!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1.14  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.13    4 years ago

Whats bang em Bubba got to do with feeble sheep not givin a bleepin bleat about being grabbed by Trump like , well, wons who just lost, cause they lets him ?

He preys on people who pray, and don't, and aren't quite mentally fit enuff to realize that he is so full of Bull Shit,

he makes cows constipated, while awaited is the awakening that makes intolerance,

lactate, like held close

bosoms ,   

yet, they never like he fully bloviate asz he keeps them abreast of tits n giggles while he pushes forward claiming to have been exonerated, when actually only, Ex Honor rated, like a triple, before Y 

can be questioned after already answered in deeds on record, yet still not recorded into memory banks of those who choose to refuse to see,

what many have determined by now, 

They Can't

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.1.14    4 years ago

Lol ..... keep insulting and underestimating your opposition.    That worked so well in 2016 and it’s looking like deja vu all over again in 2020.

Sweet!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1.16  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.15    4 years ago

sorry if the reality of Trumpp and his defenders insults, but if it does, it is a start back to the reality of reality.

people can't actually be this stupid

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.17  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.1.16    4 years ago

Some on the left have has made the demonization of ANY opposition an art form.     An ugly, bigoted art form.    

One that is going to implode on them once again in 2020.    Some people will never learn ......

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.18  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.17    4 years ago

Trump is a pathological liar, a diseased malignant narcissist , and a world class asshole. Not to mention buffoon and ignoramus. 

One wonders if this truth will ever dawn on some. 

Thats not my problem, thats their problem. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.19  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.1.16    4 years ago

The people in politics and the media attacking Trump really are stupid. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.20  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.18    4 years ago

No.  We love that you feel about him as you do because that is going to give you something to complain about for four more years.  Irritate a liberal, vote Trump 2020! 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.21  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.18    4 years ago

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.22  Ozzwald  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.15    4 years ago
Lol ..... keep insulting and underestimating your opposition.    That worked so well in 2016 and it’s looking like deja vu all over again in 2020.

Are you talking Trump, Putin, or both?

And are you actually boasting that Trump will be re-elected despite losing the people's vote again?  Being elected against the will of the people is really nothing to boast or cheer about.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.24  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.22    4 years ago
Being elected against the will of the people is really nothing to boast or cheer about.

Being elected like Trump was elected follows THE Constitution of the United States and not some other nonsense dreamed up by loons on the left because they are butt hurt on who did win.

That said, stop bitching and get to amending the Constitution to get rid of the EC if it bothers you so much.   You have the tools to make it happen as the FF were wise enough to give them to you.

Otherwise, stop whining already!   It's been over three years

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.25  Ozzwald  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.24    4 years ago
Being elected like Trump was elected follows THE Constitution of the United States and not some other nonsense dreamed up by loons on the left because they are butt hurt on who did win.

So you are proud that Trump got elected against the will of the people.  How un-American of you. 

Otherwise, stop whining already! 

Who's whining?  I merely point out that you appear very proud to have beaten the desires and votes of a majority of Americans.  I'm not even talking about Trump except as an example, Bush 2 works as that example also. 

Am I wrong? 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.26  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.25    4 years ago

Proud has nothing to do with it although i do find it amusing you are still whining about it over three years later.   So back to government and civics class for you.   You are currently getting a failing grade ....

Who's whining?

You are but don't bother responding to that because it appears you are not capable of making that connection.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.27  Ozzwald  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.26    4 years ago

You are but don't bother responding to that because it appears you are not capable of making that connection.

You're right, I don't see it.  Have never claimed that Trump wasn't POTUS, in fact never said anything here about Trump himself, just that YOU seemed proud that he was POTUS despite the will of the people.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.28  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.27    4 years ago
You're right, I don't see it.  Have never claimed that Trump wasn't POTUS, in fact never said anything here about Trump himself, just that YOU seemed proud that he was POTUS despite the will of the people.

So should we simply ignore the will of the people who voted for Trump in all those states he won?

Seems like you don't want to acknowledge their will.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.29  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.27    4 years ago

I prefer to follow the law, which in this case is the US Constitution.  

Not a bunch of TDS ridden babies who can't accept the law because it didn't elect their anointed one.  

Thank God!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.30  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.28    4 years ago
So should we simply ignore the will of the people who voted for Trump in all those states he won?

Like almost every other election?  Yes.

Seems like you don't want to acknowledge their will.

Your argument makes no sense. 

In America you vote for 1 person over the others, and ideally the person with the most votes wins.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.31  Ozzwald  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.29    4 years ago
I prefer to follow the law, which in this case is the US Constitution.

Why are you deflecting?  Are you afraid to answer the question?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.32  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.30    4 years ago

The person with the most electoral votes DID win--as prescribed by law.

Arguing it wasn't the will of the people is just plain nuts.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.33  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.31    4 years ago

This article isn't about me.   Feel free to start one about me if you want and i'll be more than happy to answer your question.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.34  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.32    4 years ago

Arguing it wasn't the will of the people is just plain nuts.

I agree, it is.  It is a fact that anyone can see.  In that case, and I believe 2 others, the will of the people came in 2nd place. 

To argue against THAT fact is idiocy. 

Is over riding the will of the majority, an American ideal?  That is the question you all are doing your damnedest to avoid and distract from.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.36  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.34    4 years ago
I agree, it is.  It is a fact that anyone can see.  In that case, and I believe 2 others, the will of the people came in 2nd place. 

Untrue--especially for those of us who understand how Presidents are elected.

To argue against THAT fact is idiocy. 

Not to those of us who understand elections and the law.

Is over riding the will of the majority, an American ideal?  That is the question you all are doing your damnedest to avoid and distract from.

Since Trump won the required number of electoral votes (plus some, I might add) the will of the people in each state he carried WAS certainly carried out.

And when you can understand elections and the law, you, too, will be able to see that as clearly as those of us who already understand it.

Or not, maybe. Some people never will get it.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.37  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.34    4 years ago

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.38  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.24    4 years ago

Besides the constitution was designed specifically to prevent a super majority in New York and California from imposing their bi coastal elitist will upon the rest of us. California and New York are worth 84 electoral votes between them whether they are collectively won by 2 votes or 7 million votes between them.  The pile on votes simply are meaningless.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.39  Sparty On  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.38    4 years ago

They're just mad because the FF were smart enough to put a cork in their totalitarian tendencies towards a Tyranny of the Majority.

Yep, damn smart group of old men the FF's were .....

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.40  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.30    4 years ago

There are no national or nationwide elections in the United States.  Period.  Just statewide for us senators, presidential electors, Governor, state cabinet positions, initiatives, then congressional , and then local in scope.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.42  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.36    4 years ago
Since Trump won the required number of electoral votes (plus some, I might add) the will of the people in each state he carried WAS certainly carried out.

And when you can understand elections and the law, you, too, will be able to see that as clearly as those of us who already understand it.

Or not, maybe. Some people never will get it.

When you finally get around to reading my question, maybe you can answer it rather than dancing around it like you all are doing.

It is a very simple question, even could be a yes or no question.

Is overriding the will of the majority, an American ideal?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.43  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.42    4 years ago

No. But I was talking elections, and you are talking about some fantasy.

Get back when you understand how Presidents are actually elected--if ever.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.44  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.43    4 years ago

Get back when you understand how Presidents are actually elected--if ever.

Deeeflection.....

I know how they are elected, but that has nothing to do with my question.  But you replied "no" to my question, so you believe that overriding the American majority is NOT an American ideal.  Very interesting based on all your various comments...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.46  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.44    4 years ago
Deeeflection.....

You seem to confuse facts with deflection. Hope you figure it out soon.

But you replied "no" to my question, so you believe that overriding the American majority is NOT an American ideal.  Very interesting based on all your various comments...

There is the difference. You seem to think the will of the people was thwarted because you don't really get how elections are won. I don't.

The election of the President isn't based on "the will of the people". 
Who ever taught you that did you a grave disservice. But as an adult now, it is incumbent on you to learn more.

See comment 2.1.45 to read an explanation. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.47  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.45    4 years ago

They understand the process just fine.  They just don’t like it because they know that the system was specifically designed to keep exactly them from concentrating in small areas in large numbers and dominating the country.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.48  Ozzwald  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.45    4 years ago
No.   But the Presidential election is not a majority rule election of the people,

Point out specifically where in my question I say anything about an election.

It is a majority rule of the STATES election process.

So you feel that in NATIONAL/FEDERAL elections the will of the people should not be followed?  Also, let me point out that YOU brought up elections.

The American people elect on a state level who they desire as President and the STATE sends representatives to the electoral college to complete the process.

DUH, another avoidance.  I am not talking process or policy, my question is more general, but it is a question for which you find your answer indefensible.  Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.49  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.48    4 years ago

So when do you think that the will of the American people has been overridden?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.50  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.49    4 years ago
So when do you think that the will of the American people has been overridden?

Anytime the majority decision is not accepted.  Now before you jump toward another deflection, there ARE times when the majority is wrong, but elections (as you've mentioned) are not one of those times.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.52  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.50    4 years ago
there ARE times when the majority is wrong, but elections (as you've mentioned) are not one of those times.

So the rule of law, election process, and guidelines are not the way things should be? Seems the "majority" needs a civics lesson............again.......and still.

Wrong is relative to the opinion of the person(s) defining it.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.53  Ozzwald  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.51    4 years ago

Do you need me to provide the necessary steps to accomplish that or are you already cognizant of the process?

I am cognizant of the FACT, that once again your are deflecting from my question.  If you are afraid to discuss my question, just stop commenting at all.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.54  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.52    4 years ago
So the rule of law, election process, and guidelines are not the way things should be?

Once again sidestepping and deflecting from my question.  You have a lot of right wing company with that type of deflection.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.56  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.54    4 years ago
Once again sidestepping and deflecting from my question.  You have a lot of right wing company with that type of deflection.

Hardly. I am not the one that brought majority rule into this thread. And yes, this time in 2016, it seems, the majority was wrong.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.57  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.53    4 years ago

Not your seed! Don’t tell people who disagree with you not to comment here 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.58  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.50    4 years ago
Anytime the majority decision is not accepted.  Now before you jump toward another deflection, there ARE times when the majority is wrong, but elections (as you've mentioned) are not one of those times.

Please list a time or two where the will of the people has not been accepted. 

Just a couple will do.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2.1.59  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.30    4 years ago
In America you vote for 1 person over the others, and ideally the person with the most votes wins.

in america we have 50 separate/independent state elections, 

• hillary won 20 states with a national majority
  • and trump won 30 states with electoral college majority

in a presidential election, the national majority means nothing. never has and never will.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.60  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @2.1.59    4 years ago

Never will being key there since there is no 2/3 of Congress or states to propose a constitutional amendment much less 3/4 of the states to ratify such a change. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago

So you have no response?

Here's one for my progressive opponents......Attorney General William Barr might just be the only AG in history to ever have publicly criticized the president who appointed him.

Barr has stated that the President's tweets "make it impossible for me to do my job." Barr also said he won't be "bullied" by anyone, whether that someone be Congress, editorial boards or the president.  What other AG has criticized the president who appointed him?  I can see the fingers googling now!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2    4 years ago

No response to what? 

This article isnt about whether or not Barr "criticized" Trump. It's about the claim that Trump can do whatever he wants and even has the "duty" to interfere with court proceedings if he thinks his friends are being treated unfairly.

If he thinks the prosecutors are going too hard on his friend, he has a duty to act.

In other words, based on his infantile understanding of, just about everything, he has a "duty" to meddle with the judicial process to protect his unethical cronies. 

This is bizarro world on steroids. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.1    4 years ago
In other words, based on his infantile understanding of, just about everything

He isn't meddling, he is giving his opinion. He has a right to do that, believe it or not. I would agree with his AG in that he shouldn't be giving opinion's on Justice Department investigations or pending criminal cases. The comments themselves, whether right or wrong, are only damaging the process.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.2    4 years ago

I believe Trump has claimed that he has the right to instruct the Attorney General to proceed in court proceedings as Trump sees fit. 

This man is a provable idiot. His duties should be drastically narrowed, not expanded. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.3    4 years ago
I believe Trump has claimed that he has the right to instruct the Attorney General to proceed in court proceedings as Trump sees fit. 

I'm sure you believe that John. You once believe the President colluded with Russia.

This man is a provable idiot.

Amazing what an "idiot" has done for this country!

His duties should be drastically narrowed, not expanded. 

Temporarily limit Executive power?   I see.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.7  Vic Eldred  replied to    4 years ago

I vividly recall Obama & Holder rushing to get to the bottom of that. I do confess, I missed John's outrage at the time.

Remember how pissed Holder was when he had to admit that ya, the thug Michael Brown was in fact trying to get officer Wilson's gun when he was shot?

He was so pissed he had to write up the Ferguson police department for issuing too many tickets to minority motorists.

How pathetic that president & AG were!

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.8  bugsy  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.4    4 years ago
You once believe the President colluded with Russia.

Once? He still does today.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.9  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bugsy @2.2.8    4 years ago

Only democrats in the Obama regime and Clinton campaign collided with Russia 🇷🇺.  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.2.10  igknorantzrulz  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.9    4 years ago

hope the airbags went off

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.11  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.2.10    4 years ago

They didn’t.  The collusion was so great that they are forever bound together.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    4 years ago

687474703a2f2f737461746963322e6e796461696c796e6577732e636f6d2f706f6c6f706f6c795f66732f312e323435393336352e31343439363139363735212f696d672f68747470496d6167652f696d6167652e6a70675f67656e2f64657269766174697665732f696e6465785f3633355f3339302f3339302d6e617a692d313230382e6a7067

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

628x471.jpg

elizabeth_warren_DNC_nazi_salute.jpg

th?id=OIP.F5C29wRXLNUE5NaX-eDzXgHaF_&pid=Api&P=0&w=204&h=166

th?id=OIP.Pf8zsDq3slkwLspnit4ypAHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=288&h=163

th?id=OIP.-vGo9N1d4mrmhmyEPotgTgHaE_&pid=Api&P=0&w=268&h=182

Sure are alot of nazis in the democratic party......wait.....that's actually a true statement.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bugsy @3.1    4 years ago

It sure is!  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to    4 years ago

I want to see how many black democrats actually vote for Bloomberg.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.3    4 years ago

That will indeed be interesting to see.  Bloomberg is a blooming idiot.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to    4 years ago

Bloomberg is a misogynistic racist and the revelations of those facts of his life should sink his stupid campaign and limit his support to those just like him. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.7  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.6    4 years ago

Such a well-reasoned, objective comment.    Reminds me of:  'evolution is pseudoscience; a worldwide conspiracy by godless scientists'.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.8  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.7    4 years ago

I have seen enough video and heard enough audio to prove Bloomberg to be the scum of the earth kind of man as alleged.  He would be a horrible man to be an American President.  Racism, misogyny, elitism, sneering down upon farmers and blue collar workers, a horrible boss. There is nothing about the wannabe gun grabber and soda control freak to like.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.9  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.8    4 years ago
I have seen enough video and heard enough audio to prove Bloomberg to be the scum of the earth kind of man as alleged.

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif    Seems to be a perfect example of partisan 'reasoning'.

If Bloomberg had an R next to his name I would bet large that you would be praising the man.   The reason I would bet large is because you praise Trump as the greatest PotUS ever and describe Bloomberg as the scum of the Earth.    Pure partisanship with confirmation bias.

Normally I do not use this word, but in this case:    pathetic .

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1.10  igknorantzrulz  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.9    4 years ago
pathetic

too kind,

in my closed eyes, and they're only closed due to me attempting to see through 'their' eyes

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.11  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.9    4 years ago

With his over regulations and his gun grabbing and his soda fiasco I’d never support him in a Republican primary.  All that and being pro abortion to the extent that he knew exactly what it is when he told an employee to “kill it” means he’d never be a GOP nominee.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.12  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.9    4 years ago

I do not consider Trump to be the best President ever.  That would go to either Washington, Lincoln, or Reagan.  Bloomberg really is the scum of the earth, human debris from NYC.  Given an either or only choice, I’d take my chances with a Sanders Presidency over Bloomberg. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.13  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.12    4 years ago
I do not consider Trump to be the best President ever.

-followed by-

Bloomberg really is the scum of the earth, human debris from NYC.

You self-label as Donald J. Trump fan 1, writing nothing but praise for the man yet you deem Bloomberg to be the scum of the Earth.

Jumping to the extremes when making a comparison, yeah, that is sound objective reasoning.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.14  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.13    4 years ago

Bloomberg is the focal point of all that is evil and wrong with politics in America.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.15  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.14    4 years ago

Buy a vowel ... please.      jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.16  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.6    4 years ago

So is Trump but you still support him.  I guess it is okay to be one as long as the R is attached to a name.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.17  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1.16    4 years ago

Bloomberg is the closest thing to a Hitler like nazi we’ve had running for President...

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.1.18  lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.17    4 years ago

Nope, that distinction goes to Croooked donnie

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.19  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  lady in black @3.1.18    4 years ago

Obama was a closer simulation of Hitler than any one else that has been or is President of the United States. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.1.20  lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.19    4 years ago

Once again wrong, Crooked donnie fits the bill of hitler.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.21  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  lady in black @3.1.20    4 years ago

Bloomberg is a far more dictatorial control freak and man of condescending arrogance toward whom he would rule over than any other major party American politician past or present.  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.1.22  lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.21    4 years ago

Nope, that would be Crooked donnie

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    4 years ago

A lot of the articles that are seeded in this spot are mainly silly nonsense. 

This one though is evil. 

If he thinks the prosecutors are going too hard on his friend, he has a duty to act.

Cathar
Freshman Silent
5  Cathar    4 years ago

tRump can not spell Constitution.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Cathar @5    4 years ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    4 years ago

87419597_2744621045645926_1711948117072412672_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=7ScxoSWu-aMAX9dYhpu&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=10f959a0747194e84e27bcef48cbea48&oe=5EF41ABA

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @6    4 years ago