╌>

Leading Christian website says Pete Buttigieg is “deserving of death” because he’s gay

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  larry-hampton  •  4 years ago  •  41 comments

Leading Christian website says Pete Buttigieg is “deserving of death” because he’s gay
A major Christian website published a column saying that 2020 presidential contender Pete Buttigieg is “deserving of death” and worships Satan because he’s gay.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Charisma News , which is associated with the Christian magazine Charisma , published a column entitled “ Gay Activism: The Death Rattle of a Nation ” by Bert Farias that described Buttigieg as “a male presidential candidate who has a husband whom he publicly introduces and even kisses without shame.”

Farias, co-founder of Holy Fire Ministries, stressed to readers that “there is no gender called ‘homosexual’ or ‘transgender'” in the Bible, so being LGBTQ is actually behavior that people can – and should – stop engaging in.

“Churches and clergy who have swallowed the lie of homosexual behavior being elevated to gender status are trophies of hell and Satan’s prized possession,” he wrote, calling religious leaders who don’t hate LGBTQ people “pathetic.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
1  seeder  Larry Hampton    4 years ago

And all of this is more than bad, according to Farias. “When those who practice such things that are ‘deserving of death’ also approve of others who practice them,” it’s “God’s final signs of His wrath on a society,” he wrote, citing Romans 1:32.

“When millions of Americans applaud Pete Buttigieg and his ‘husband,’ it is the death rattle of a nation,” Farias wrote. “When the never-Trump-ers and Trump-haters counteract with judgment and accusations of adultery against our own president, in response to Buttigieg’s abominable lifestyle, they are grasping for straws in a last gasp of air of a drowning argument.”

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Larry Hampton @1    4 years ago

I suspect that this will continue until the Bible is fully discredited as divine and is recognized as merely the words of ancient men.   That, by the way, may never happen.   jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.1  Gordy327  replied to  TᵢG @1.1    4 years ago
That, by the way, may never happen.

At least not as long as people succumb to religious delusion.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.2  CB  replied to  TᵢG @1.1    4 years ago

There are literally hundred of churches with followers who support Pete Buttigieg's candidacy without his lifestyle being the single issue to hang lack of support on.

What we have in these specific believers are fundamentalists who somehow believe in nobody which is not of their worldview. Biblically, Jesus had a problem with people who could find nothing to understand, love, or respect about others they had passed judgement on.

These people, such people, are giving vent to their hatreds which they isolate in people not like them. These people must be made to separate themselves from society-so they can be with themselves isolated and minimally heard from by others. This I can support.

As you observed: We may always have religion among us (first amendment right); but we can shun the stupid, toxic, activities and words some religious practitioners do and say outside of base camp.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  CB @1.1.2    4 years ago
There are literally hundred of churches with followers who support Pete Buttigieg's candidacy without his lifestyle being the single issue to hang lack of support on.

No doubt.

see @3.1

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.4  CB  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.3    4 years ago

jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

user image
Freshman Silent
1.2    replied to  Larry Hampton @1    4 years ago

He was quoting the Bible. Context matters. I imagine that's why you didn't include the actual quote in the seed and I had to go to a very distasteful website to see it for myself. Just want to generate some faux outrage for the head line readers this morning?

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.1  CB  replied to  @1.2    4 years ago
And all of this is more than bad, according to Farias. “When those who practice such things that are ‘deserving of death’ also approve of others who practice them,” it’s “God’s final signs of His wrath on a society,” he wrote, citing Romans 1:32.

He listed the Bible quote @1 (see above), yes?

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     4 years ago

Sadly there are people that will believe and follow this nut case.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    4 years ago

If this is a “leading Christian website” why have I never heard of it?    

Any allusion that theirs is how a majority of Christians in the US feel about this topic is disingenuous at best.

This is a fringe, fundamentalist, minority viewpoint.    Nothing more, nothing less.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @3    4 years ago
This is a fringe, fundamentalist, minority viewpoint.

It is indeed a minority among Christians.   But it points to the bigger issue of people literally following the ancient words of the Bible (or the Qur'an).

Another example are the YECs who, through biblical literacy, are actively trying to get people to believe that evolution is pseudoscience and that all known methods of scientific dating are bullshit.   This kind of crap is bad for society.

Nowadays, the Catholics (with all the known flaws in that church) promote a religion that focuses on love and charity (in terms of teachings) and embraces well-founded science.   They, and many Protestant religions, purposely steer clear of the Bible and reference it selectively and with very liberal interpretation justified by claims of metaphorical intent.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.2  Gordy327  replied to  Sparty On @3    4 years ago
This is a fringe, fundamentalist, minority viewpoint.    Nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, but they do seem quite capable of being vocal. Hopefully, more rational and decent people will see through this BS and call it out as such.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  Gordy327 @3.2    4 years ago
Yes, but they do seem quite capable of being vocal.

Fringe lunatics do tend to be that way ....... on both sides .....

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.2.2  Gordy327  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.1    4 years ago

This is true. What compounds the lunacy, as it were, is the easy availability of a platform like the internet for example, to spew their nonsense. Once upon a time, such individuals or groups would have largely gone unnoticed or ignored. But not anymore.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.3  Sparty On  replied to  Gordy327 @3.2.2    4 years ago

Yep, spot on.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.2.4  Gordy327  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.3    4 years ago

Thank you

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.3  devangelical  replied to  Sparty On @3    4 years ago
a fringe, fundamentalist, minority viewpoint

[removed]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.3.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @3.3    4 years ago

[deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.4  bugsy  replied to  Sparty On @3    4 years ago
If this is a “leading Christian website” why have I never heard of it?    

Yea...either have I.

I think the seeder or the author simply made the "leading" moniker to make it look as if ALL Christians were on this fringe site all day long.

I would be surprised if they had more than  a few visits a day.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.5  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @3    4 years ago

Founded in 1981, Strang Communications, a major Christian magazine and publisher of Christian books, changed it's name in 2011 and went online as Charisma news, news magazine and publishing.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.5.1  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @3.5    4 years ago

Yeah well a group like the BGF was founded in 1966 but it’s no more than a fringe group as well.

This article is nothing more than a hateful hit piece intended to misrepresent a majority of Christians.

In the end the only message it has to offer is hate and it serves no useful purpose whatsoever for people who are not prone to such thought.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.6  bbl-1  replied to  Sparty On @3    4 years ago

Except it is an integral part of 'the Trump base'.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.6.1  Sparty On  replied to  bbl-1 @3.6    4 years ago

Horseshit

squiggy
Junior Silent
3.6.2  squiggy  replied to  bbl-1 @3.6    4 years ago

"Except it is an integral part of 'the Trump base'."

Never heard of it. Where are your numbers?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.7  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sparty On @3    4 years ago

There are crazies on all sides of the spectrum. It is not confined to one ideology or another.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

They prefer a man who lies, cheats, adulterates, and sexually lusts after his own daughter.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4    4 years ago

Why make shit up?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    4 years ago

Just more stuff in ( the Trumpian Era. )

Besides, what ever happened to that 'Jesus loves you' crap?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    4 years ago
The Bible mentions no other gender besides male and female.

It also doesn't mention solar power or Coca Cola, and yet those things are ok. What a useless standard.

You know what else the Bible doesn't mention? The concept that two consenting adults can live together in love for life. Must be ok then.

There is no gender called "homosexual" or "transgender" either. That is a behavior.

There is so much "stoopid" in that comment, it's no wonder these prejudices exist. They truly don't even understand the thing they fear.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
6.1  Gordy327  replied to  Tacos! @6    4 years ago
There is so much "stoopid" in that comment,

Indeed. Not only is it stupid, but it also shows a profound lack of understanding of the difference between behavior and orientation and/or identification.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @6    4 years ago

What about the one condemning anyone who wears clothing of mixed fibers?  Someone should check their closets.

CB
Professor Principal
6.3  CB  replied to  Tacos! @6    4 years ago

Er' what this? Why are you detaching quotes from their original anchor comment/comments? So frustrating!

You do support same-sex unions?  ('Rainbow' taco, notwithstanding.) Yes or No?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  CB @6.3    4 years ago
Why are you detaching quotes from their original anchor comment/comments? So frustrating!

What you're talking about? I didn't quote a comment. I quoted the seeded article.

You do support same-sex unions?

Yes, why are you asking?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.3.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @6.3.1    4 years ago

I love your rainbow taco av.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.3.3  Tacos!  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.3.2    4 years ago

I need to figure out a way to make one for real.

CB
Professor Principal
6.3.4  CB  replied to  Tacos! @6.3.1    4 years ago

Oh. Okay. I always clue in the public on my pulls from the article. But to each his/her own.

Just checking on whether or not you support same-sex union. Thanks for the answer! I will try to remember it.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.3.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @6.3.3    4 years ago

As long as you don't plan to eat it, take a shell and paint it with food coloring or have someone knit a taco shell cozy and attach it to a shell.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  Vic Eldred    4 years ago

The piece from LGBTQ Nation makes fails to show the statement "Buttigieg is deserving of death."

More importantly

I don't see or hear much animosity anywhere over Buttigieg's sexual preference. 

CB
Professor Principal
7.1  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    4 years ago

Your 'statement' is ambiguous. Please elaborate.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8  MrFrost    4 years ago

Why do right wing Christians hate Jesus so much? 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9  MrFrost    4 years ago

The satanists on the right hate Christians.