╌>

Wanna Know What An 85 Year Olds Falsetto Sounds Like?

Category:  Entertainment

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  19 comments

Wanna Know What An 85 Year Olds Falsetto Sounds Like?
Can an 85 year old do the falsetto?  Yes he can. 

Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons are starting a national tour, today Feb 16,  in Tempe Arizona.  They will play about one date a week somewhere across the U.S.  between now and the end of August. 

Frankie Valli will be 86 years old in a couple months. 

The only reason I thought of him is because the local tv in Chicago is advertising tickets for his show here in the fall. 

So I started to wonder what Frankie Valli sounds like these days.  I know he is old but I didnt realize he is as old as he is. (I thought it was about 80).  But Valli was already 28 years old when the Four Seasons had their first big national hit "Sherry" in 1962. 

-

It must be for the music and the adulation from his 70 year old fans. He doesnt need the money, being worth 80 million dollars. 

Can an 85 year old do the falsetto?  Yes he can. 

From a concert in 2019

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Generally I am a little down on pop singers from the early 60's trying to keep it going ad infinitum (its hard to imagine an 85 year old Elvis on stage), but the truth is Frankie Valli sounds pretty damn good. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

The "Four Seasons" look young enough to be his grandchildren, lol. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

My best friend in grade school idolized Frankie Valli. We always kept in touch over the many decades. He died a few years ago. He was always self conscious about his height (he was short & thin). Even as a kid he bore a striking resemblance to a young Frankie Valli.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
2  Larry Hampton    4 years ago

Strong voice at 85; sounding great Frankie! 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3  TᵢG    4 years ago

Lip syncing?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @3    4 years ago

A few years ago a friend of mine hooked me up with a You Tube video. It was a full 50th anniversary concert by the Beach Boys, and he knew that I was always a big Brian Wilson fan (as was he).  So I watched the video and called him back after and said "that was incredible. They sound fantastic. They sound as good as they sounded 30 or 40 years ago. "

"They do," he said, "they're using auto- tune" . 

Don't know if he was right or not, but it makes sense I guess.

-

• Auto-Tune is an audio processor created by, and registered trademark of Antares Audio Technologies which uses a proprietary device to measure and alter pitch in vocal and instrumental music recording and performances. It was originally intended to disguise or correct off-key inaccuracies, allowing vocal tracks to be perfectly tuned despite originally being slightly off-pitch. Starting with Cher's 1998 hit "Believe", producers began to use Auto-Tune as a sound effect, to deliberately distort voca...
See more on en.wikipedia.org  · Text under  CC-BY-SA license

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5  Perrie Halpern R.A.    4 years ago

I  still think it's amazing at his age that he's out on tour and looking great. If he's lip syncing then no biggie. He is still entertaining. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5    4 years ago

If he cant sing he should retire.  It's not a crime to call it a day.