╌>

Trump takes Daytona 500 warmup lap in presidential limousine

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  4 years ago  •  121 comments

By:   KEVIN FREKING

Trump takes Daytona 500 warmup lap in presidential limousine
I’m going to hop into one of these cars and I'm going to get into this race if possible. I love the idea.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) President Donald Trump gave an election-year embrace to NASCAR and its fans Sunday when he became the second president ever to attend the Daytona 500. The presidential motorcade took to the track to join in a warm-up lap after he had told the crowd that the racers and their teams were competing “for pure American glory.”

Following a recitation of the opening command, “Gentleman, start your engines,'' Trump got into his black limousine for a ceremonial spin around Daytona International Speedway. He had joked moments earlier in a Fox interview that while as president, he was not allowed to drive his own car, " I’m going to hop into one of these cars and I'm going to get into this race if possible. I love the idea.’’

Given the honor of grand marshal for the race, Trump gave thousands of fans a flyover of Air Force One and then rode onto the track in the presidential motorcade as the audience roared with delight. The motorcade took roughly a quarter lap before pulling aside in an infield staging area.

Asked what it was about NASCAR that he most enjoyed, the president said, ``I think it’s really the bravery of these people. ... it takes great courage.’’

President George W. Bush appeared at the race during his reelection year.

"For 500 heart-pounding miles these fierce competitors will chase the checkered flag ... and make their play for pure American glory, and that’s what it is, pure American glory,’’ Trump said before the race.

He said the Daytona 500 was ``a legendary display of roaring engines, soaring spirits and the American skill, speed and power that we’ve been hearing about for so many years. The tens of thousands of patriots here today have come for the fast cars and the world-class motorsports. But NASCAR fans never forget that no matter who wins the race, what matters most is God, family and country.’’

Trump's reelection campaign planned to run an ad during the Fox broadcast of the race and fly an aerial banner near the speedway. About 100,000 people were expected to attend this year's race while millions more watched on television. About 9 million people took in last year's race on television.

Trump tweeted Sunday morning: “Getting ready to go to the Daytona 500. Will be GREAT!”

After his scheduled return Sunday evening to Washington, Trump will embark later this coming week on a Western state swing that will take him to rallies in Phoenix, Las Vegas and Colorado Springs, Colorado.
The trip is another demonstration of Trump’s willingness to campaign not just in conservative strongholds but in states that lean Democratic, particularly Colorado, where Republican Sen. Cory Gardner faces a tough reelection battle. Arizona is expected to be a key swing state in the presidential election with its growing population of Hispanic voters.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

Trump gave thousands of fans a flyover of Air Force One and then rode onto the track in the presidential motorcade.

...followed by a campaign speech.  This jackass turned the Daytona into his personal campaign rally.

"But NASCAR fans never forget that no matter who wins the race, what matters most is God, family and country.’’

Like he gives a flying fart about any of those things?

And this...

I’m going to hop into one of these cars and I'm going to get into this race if possible. I love the idea.

...just might have been the best idea he's ever had.  Jeez I wish someone would have handed him some keys/ 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    4 years ago

[deleted]

Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    4 years ago
Already seeded. See?

This is a different article with a much different interpretation of Trump's nonsense.  In the future, please refrain from carpet-bombing my contributions.  Thank you.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.1    4 years ago
This is a different article with a much different interpretation of Trump's nonsense.  In the future, please refrain from carpet-bombing my contributions.  Thank you

I second that motion. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.3  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    4 years ago
Already seeded. See?

actually quite different. this seed isn't the ass-licking sycophant version.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.1    4 years ago

They are basically the same AP story. Next?  

CB
Professor Principal
1.2  CB  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    4 years ago

Oh wow! Just when you think it is safe to watch Nascar too! What comes next? Huh? A 'presidential' rally in a Mega-church?  Pun intended.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  CB @1.2    4 years ago

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.2  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.1    4 years ago

Don't try to blow smoke up me, Donald J. Trump fan 1. We all know that 'villains' appropriate the Pledge of Allegiance at will. It's 'handy' like that! And, apparently so is NASCAR too.

Professor Guide
1.2.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  CB @1.2    4 years ago
What comes next?

Any venue with an unlockable ladies dressing room.

devangelical
Professor Principal

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @1.2.4    4 years ago

And in that order too.  Never forget that! 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.6  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.5    4 years ago

bwah ha ha. click on the words in that quote.

duh. pure comedy.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.7  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @1.2.6    4 years ago

Talk about a ridiculous off topic derailment.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.8  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.7    4 years ago

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.2.9  katrix  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.5    4 years ago

Some would call that anti-American and unpatriotic.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.10  devangelical  replied to  katrix @1.2.9    4 years ago
Some would call that anti-American and unpatriotic.

it is. others would consider it pro-theocracy and therefore unconstitutional, bordering treasonous.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

Trump tweeted Sunday morning: “Getting ready to go to the Daytona 500. Will be GREAT!”

After his scheduled return Sunday evening to Washington, Trump will embark later this coming week on a Western state swing that will take him to rallies in Phoenix, Las Vegas and Colorado Springs, Colorado.

The trip is another demonstration of Trump’s willingness to campaign not just in conservative strongholds but in states that lean Democratic, particularly Colorado, where Republican Sen. Cory Gardner faces a tough reelection battle. Arizona is expected to be a key swing state in the presidential election with its growing population of Hispanic voters. [deleted XX, stop putting links into other people's articles to yours. It's not allowed.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2    4 years ago

And he will be in Las Vegas the night before the Nevada caucuses.  

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.1  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    4 years ago

Democrats should beat old 'thunder killer' at his game. Steal Impeached President Donald's thunder somebody, anybody, everybody! Nevada or Bust!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.1    4 years ago

Democrats have been trying for well over 3 years now to do that.

When do you suspect it will actually work?

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.4  CB  replied to    4 years ago

Sure they can. Impeached President Donald Trump puts his pants on the same as you, me, and every other individual on the planet. If he can run his butt around trying to steal other people's thunder, then other people can 'light his butt up' figuratively with political thunder-claps of their own!

For example: Somebody could show up in D.C. in his absence with a stack of papers asking and ask why Impeached President Donald J. Trump is out of town holding a rally when there is pressing legislation the nation needs voted out of the Senate! Then, continue on about how the office of president needs a present leader and not some 'glory hound' who won't stay in town to do the "people's business."

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.5  devangelical  replied to    4 years ago

The cons beat him off.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.6  XXJefferson51  replied to  CB @2.1.4    4 years ago

So you want him in an election year not run for re election.  Wishful thinking 🤔 on your part.  This will be his first multi state campaign tour of this election year to Phoenix, Las Vegas, and Colorado Springs.  As to the senate, Mitch McConnell is doing a fine job there getting things done for us.  

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.7  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.6    4 years ago

There you go again with that smoke machine of yours. Although Trump has been in campaign mode since his inauguration, there is no need for him to be begging and spending campaign and tax-payers funds trolling democrats as they travel caucuses and primaries leading up to the general election against Impeached President Donald J. Trump.

The Democratic Party should back-stop Impeached President Trump with an ad displaying him trolling - while Washington D.C. bills for the peopel 'burn'! With a caption:

*Trump: The Laggard! Too Self-interested For Any Public Good!

* Mr. Bloomberg can you get someone on this 'stat.'?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.8  XXJefferson51  replied to  CB @2.1.7    4 years ago

Well Trump is running for the GOP nomination this year.  So he’s campaigning for himself in the Nevada caucuses too.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.9  XXJefferson51  replied to  CB @2.1.7    4 years ago

Bloomberg is busy campaigning for the manufacturing workers and farmers vote now!  

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.10  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.8    4 years ago

The RNC has RIGGED its nomination cycle in several states in a manner that Impeached President Donald J. Trump can not lose its party nomination! There is no need for Trump to be gallivanting about the country, because that is not efficient.

Donald is trolling the Democratic Party caucuses and primaries! Oh it's true-it's true.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.10    4 years ago
The RNC has RIGGED its nomination cycle in several states in a manner that Impeached President Donald J. Trump can not lose its party nomination! There is no need for Trump to be gallivanting about the country, because that is not efficient. 
Donald is trolling the Democratic Party caucuses and primaries! Oh it's true-it's true.

Trump can if he chooses. It is perfectly okay to embarass Democrats.

Surely they can take it, right?

Right?

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.12  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.11    4 years ago

Trump can fly across country trolling anybody he wishes or a party of democratic candidates. And the Democratic Party can:

1. The Democratic Party should back-stop Impeached President Trump with an ad displaying him trolling - while Washington D.C. House bills for the people 'burn'!

2. Here's a caption:

*Trump: The Laggard! Too Self-interested For Any Public Good!

* Mr. Bloomberg can you get someone on this 'stat.'?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.12    4 years ago

Gee, with all of your absolutely brilliant ideas, I wish you were going to be running the campaign of whoever emerges from the Democratic clown car.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.14  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.13    4 years ago

Flattery? It won't get you anywhere with me, Mister.

"Believe me."

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.14    4 years ago
Flattery? 

Um.

Yeah, sure.

Why not?

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.16  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.15    4 years ago

Tease. (Okay, enough of all this talk.)

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1.17  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.15    4 years ago

Why not?

Hey Tex, you do realize this isn't a dating site right ?,

Cause i don't see CB as your type.

Just a third party observation.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.1.17    4 years ago

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2    4 years ago

Trump could go to every zip code in the country and hand out free pizzas door to door and he'd still be a lying scumbag who portrays himself to the observant world as an ignoramus. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2    4 years ago

Thanks for the endorsement of Trump.  We appreciate it very much

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    4 years ago

People are seriously bothered because the president went to the Daytona 500? Get some priorities, people!

Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 years ago
People are seriously bothered because the president went to the Daytona 500? Get some priorities, people!

Trump didn't just 'go' to the Daytona 500, he made an annoying spectacle out of himself and used my tax dollars to do it.  

Can't wait to see him bungee jump out of Marine One when the Indy 500 rolls around.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1    4 years ago
Can't wait to see him bungee jump out of Marine One when the Indy 500 rolls around.

He might be too busy to go to the Indy 500. He's supposed to be taking care of personal business with his friends overseas in May. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.1.3  KDMichigan  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1    4 years ago
he made an annoying spectacle out of himself

And pray tell how did he do that?

I knew that his going to the NASCAR event would trigger the TDS sufferers no matter what he did.

I myself when watching tried to see what I could imagine could be considered a spectacle, I seen nothing. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  KDMichigan @3.1.3    4 years ago

EVERYTHING Trump does triggers some poor folks.

I feel bad for them.

Imagine someone they hate controlling so much of their precious time and energy.

LOL!

Professor Guide
3.1.5  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  KDMichigan @3.1.3    4 years ago
I myself when watching tried to see what I could imagine could be considered a spectacle, I seen nothing.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1.5    4 years ago

It means that he saw nothing that made Trump a spectacle.

Says so right here:

I suspect what he saw was what the majority of people saw--a President doing something. Oh, the horror!

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.1.7  KDMichigan  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1.5    4 years ago

[deleted]

Professor Guide
3.1.8  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.6    4 years ago

Please see comment #4.1.  Thank you. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1.8    4 years ago

I saw it. I read it.

How is a DIRECT answer to a question YOU asked of no consequence NOW?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.1.10  KDMichigan  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1.8    4 years ago

You are the one crying about a post, I responded to you. Maybe you should take your own advice at  4.1

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.1.11  KDMichigan  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1.5    4 years ago

Thats understandable.

Cut to the short of it , I didn't see anything to make the TDS sufferers have a triggering moment with his appearance at the Daytona 500, You proved me wrong.

Does that help you with what I am trying to say?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.12  Tacos!  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1    4 years ago
he made an annoying spectacle out of himself

Oh come on now. That's what happens any president goes any where

and used my tax dollars to do it

Again, when any president does anything, it costs money. Maybe - since you're counting every penny - you are grateful that he doesn't cash his paychecks. Somehow, I doubt it.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.13  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    4 years ago

Didja ever notice you have to create fake memes of Trump being pals with the Russians? That's because your accusations aren't true. Here's a real picture of the president sucking up to the Russians:

MICROPHONE-jumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

Oops! Not the guy you were hoping for, eh?

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.15  CB  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.13    4 years ago

If you need take regular negotiations as a record of sucking up, please consider this:

6.bild.jpg

"Chairman Kim ( May Your Light Shine Forever ) , Why make war?" "Let's make beautiful beach-front tourist traps!"

—Caption by CB:

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.16  Tacos!  replied to  CB @3.1.15    4 years ago
Caption by CB:

Again, you had to make something up. Want to hear what Obama really said to Medvedev? No, you don't. And that's the difference.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1.17  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.16    4 years ago

i've heard it, and think it was WRONG.

And your thoughts on Trump taking the notes of his interpretor after meeting with Putin...>?

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.18  CB  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.16    4 years ago

I heard what was reported in real-time news, between Obama an Medvedev. It was a simple negotiation statement of fact. Of course, after reelection (a reset) the Obama administration could be more "flexible." It's commonsense. Remember commonsense?

For one thing: At the time there were people like YOU and every other sabotage writer perched to criticize a proper mistake—this was not one. Subsequently, you jumped on that Obama hot-mike moment-and blew it all out of proportion and just like your iconic elephant brand, you remember to blow it out of proportion today!

Whereas, Donald Trump did imply publicly during several pressers that Chairman Kim (May Your Light Shine Forever) could beat his weapon arsenal into plowshares and the Trump Administration would 'refer' business to Kim's kingdom.

Oh its true-its true.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.12    4 years ago

'Again, when any president does anything, it costs money. Maybe - since you're counting every penny - you are grateful that he doesn't cash his paychecks. Somehow, I doubt it.'

With all of his golf trips so far, that has used up his salary many many many many times over

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.20  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.4    4 years ago

i feel their pain...and revel in every moment of it all the way to Jan 20, 2025!  MAGA!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.21  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.9    4 years ago

some just want to make their point and get it across and are not interested in nor want to hear any response to it

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.22  XXJefferson51  replied to  KDMichigan @3.1.10    4 years ago

it was a great response too

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.23  devangelical  replied to  CB @3.1.15    4 years ago

oh look, it's the bad haircut club...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.24  Tacos!  replied to  CB @3.1.18    4 years ago
Of course, after reelection (a reset) the Obama administration could be more "flexible." It's commonsense.

No, it's not. It's an example of Obama acting - or declining to act - in a way that he knew would be unpopular with Americans but not with Russia. Why? So he can get reelected. That's common sense.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.25  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.19    4 years ago
With all of his golf trips so far

You'd prefer he was in the White House finding new and creative ways to exercise his presidential powers? Be honest. You prefer him on the golf course.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.26  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @3.1.23    4 years ago

The mullets and meth crowd.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.27  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.25    4 years ago

I'd prefer him behind bars, where he belongs.  

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.28  CB  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.1.17    4 years ago

Hi friend igknorantzrulz. The comment between two leaders about availability to act after a reelection campaign is decided is fair talk. It's unofficial name is "Sausage-making." The only problem is, like going to the bathroom-such moments are not for public consumption.

As you have seen yet again, republicans and conservatives like to treat "sausage-making" processes like official entreaties when it suits their narrow purposes! But when it comes to Trump standing purposely to a live mic (not 'hot') and announcing he is in the process of trying to 'massage' North Korea into ending its weapons program by making its leader-king-god a sweet deal on future (American) business flowing into a new wealth-inducing beach-front properties industry republicans see nothing to mouth off about. Oh not at all! Never-mind the fact that "Chairman Kim" ( May Your Light Shine Forever ) took care to get those free thrill 'massages' from the U.S. president and gave up not one damn missile, atknown, they promise they will make newer shiny nuclear ballistic missiles to booth!

Democrats are not that petty to keep pointing out dumb stuff like this to conservatives and republicans, though.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.29  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.25    4 years ago

[removed

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.30  Tacos!  replied to  CB @3.1.28    4 years ago
It's unofficial name is "Sausage-making." The only problem is, like going to the bathroom-such moments are not for public consumption.

That's fine, but then the phone call between Trump and Zelenskyy was "sausage-making."

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1.31  igknorantzrulz  replied to  CB @3.1.28    4 years ago

"Chairman Kim" came across as Charmin lil' Kim after Sausage explanation

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.32  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.21    4 years ago

That's deeply 'rich' coming from you. You give but you can't take. Questions about Impeached President Donald J. Trump lay all around your area but you too -whatever- to pick any one of them up and handle it!

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.33  CB  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.24    4 years ago

repetitive-metallic-industrial-turbine-blades-260nw-1022999050.jpg

Spiraling up or down?

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.34  CB  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.27    4 years ago

Good you brought that up. Let every democrat remember, "LOCK HIM UP!" - means Impeached President Donald J. Trump has got to go this November! Democrats get on it!

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.35  CB  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.30    4 years ago

You would like to think so. The problem for you is this: Political sausage-making does not involve a conspiracy to cheat, steal, and corrupt a foreign leader (by compelling him to lie his country's God-given funding), and to abuse one's political opponents.

You would know this—how come you don't?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.36  Tacos!  replied to  CB @3.1.35    4 years ago

Everything you just said is fantasy. And I'm being nice.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.37  CB  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.36    4 years ago

Well it was "sausage-making" only in the sense that Impeached President Donald J. Trump was the "maker" and Ukranian President Zelensky was the "sausage."

But, you can "denial" all the rivers you get your mind around. Neither of us have heard a proper transcript because Impeached President Donald J. Trump has it hiding in plain sight on a sensitive material server in Washington, D.C (though the phone call is unclassified material). You must have heard about this by now. So I won't bore you with long details. Trump is no damn good for having done this kind of stuff to Ukraine and us!

Clearly Trump flips your 'waffles' though, or you would be as discontent over this as others are unhappy.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.38  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.27    4 years ago

Tacos does have a point

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 years ago

You can expect that from the Trump haters.

He seems to live in their heads---rent free, of course---24/7/365!!

If it wasn't this, it would be something--anything--else.

One would tend to think adults would stop having hissy fits 3+ years after the fact.

No such luck from the progressive, liberal left!

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2    4 years ago
One would tend to think adults would stop having hissy fits 3+ years after the fact.

my sincerest condolences on an extended bout of amnesia that was suffered from 2011 to 2015+.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @3.2.1    4 years ago

I have no earthly idea what the fuck you are talking about.

I have never suffered from amnesia.

Maybe you have, but why send self-condolences??

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4  Texan1211    4 years ago

Yet another article detailing how Trump did the same things as some of his predecessors.

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!!

This is earth-shaking NEWS!!!!

Professor Guide
4.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Texan1211 @4    4 years ago

Please contribute something of consequence, or move on.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.1    4 years ago

Is there anything of consequence in the seeded article?

Professor Guide
4.1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.1    4 years ago

Please see comment #4.1.  Thank you.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.1    4 years ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.1    4 years ago

Actually, that was the most crucial and pertinent thing anyone could have said on the topic. Plus, you got the sarcasm for free.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.1    4 years ago

no

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Texan1211 @4    4 years ago
Yet another article detailing how Trump did the same things as some of his predecessors.

He actually did have a 1st, The first President to take the 1st lap at Daytona. Rumor has it that the obama's where once considered for this historic 1st but a dump truck is not capable of maintaining high enough speeds on the track.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  KDMichigan @4.2    4 years ago
He actually did have a 1st, The first President to take the 1st lap at Daytona. Rumor has it that the obama's where once considered for this historic 1st but a dump truck is not capable of maintaining high enough speeds on the track.

True enough--that was a first. But Trump attending this event is like any other President who attends events. 

The left just hates Trump so much that standard actions by the man are scorned and hated by them.

Downright pitiful.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  KDMichigan @4.2    4 years ago
He actually did have a 1st, The first President to take the 1st lap at Daytona.

That cinches it, I'm voting for him. He's so cool. 

-

Oh wait a minute , there is irrefutable proof that he is a known liar, crook, bigot, moron and cheat.  No vote for you Trump. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.2    4 years ago
No vote for you Trump. 

He will receive millions of votes.

With or without yours.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.3    4 years ago

Yes, from people that love liars, crooks, bigots, morons and cheats. 

Professor Guide
4.2.5  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.2    4 years ago
That cinches it, I'm voting for him. He's so cool.

*Hearty guffaw*

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.4    4 years ago

Or maybe some from folks who won't support the left's candidate?

Like last time?

I mean, who wants the left's march to socialism?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.2.7  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.4    4 years ago
Yes, from people that love liars, crooks, bigots, morons and cheats. 

Careful John, bringing up the democrat presidential candidates could get labeled as off topic.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.8  XXJefferson51  replied to  KDMichigan @4.2.7    4 years ago

have you heard the latest on Bloomberg?  What a blooming idiot he is!

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.9  devangelical  replied to  KDMichigan @4.2    4 years ago
The first President to take the 1st lap at Daytona.

hopefully the first lady was able to slip away during the rain delay ass-kissing session to get a few laps in herself...

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.2.10  KDMichigan  replied to  devangelical @4.2.9    4 years ago

The first lady was with him and they did the 1st lap together. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.2.11  igknorantzrulz  replied to  KDMichigan @4.2.10    4 years ago

The first lady was with him and they did the 1st lap together. 

wasn't either of their FIRST LAP dancing, but possibly first together

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.2.12  katrix  replied to  KDMichigan @4.2    4 years ago
The first President to take the 1st lap at Daytona

You make it sound as though he actually drove. It's hardly challenging to sit on your fat ass in the back of a limo while someone else drives.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.2.13  KDMichigan  replied to  katrix @4.2.12    4 years ago
You make it sound as though he actually drove.

I did? Sounds to me like your looking for something to be offended by. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5  Split Personality    4 years ago

WH deletes this photo it circulated yesterday as a dramatic moment at Daytona.

It was Bush leaving during the 2004 race.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Split Personality @5    4 years ago

say it ain't so, 

Trumpp would never try and get over on US Americans.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Split Personality @5    4 years ago

I don't recall a major airport next to the track.  Was AF1 towed to the track or what?  Gotta love photo shop.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.2    4 years ago

don't recall a major airport next to the track.  Was AF1 towed to the track or what?  Gotta love photo shop.

Well it isn't a "major" airport but, in fact, Daytona  Regional ( nee international ) is the racetrack's next door neighbor.
Who else would appreciate that noise? jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif
presumably where AF1 landed in 2004, this year who knows?
One wonders if we also flew the motorcade there too.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.2  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @5.2.1    4 years ago
Who else would appreciate that noise?

especially from a 747 that isn't exactly the base model...

Professor Guide
5.2.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Split Personality @5.2.1    4 years ago
Who else would appreciate that noise?

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Wheel
Freshman Quiet
6  Wheel    4 years ago

Does any else recognize the irony of Trump on a NASCAR track...making all left turns?

Professor Guide
6.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Wheel @6    4 years ago

Don't say that out loud!  He'll be using his executive...whatevers...to change the direction of the race.

devangelical
Professor Principal
7  devangelical    4 years ago
"I’m going to hop into one of these cars and I'm going to get into this race if possible. I love the idea."

how is it that it seems only the secret service is able to talk him out of doing stupid shit? wtf?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
8  It Is ME    4 years ago

"Trump takes Daytona 500 warmup lap in presidential limousine"

Love it !

Another "First" from Trump. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif