╌>

Trump campaign manager deletes dramatic Air Force One photo after people point out it's from 2004

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  4 years ago  •  14 comments

Trump campaign manager deletes dramatic Air Force One photo after people point out it's from 2004

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

150325082152-social-gfx-cnn-logo-small-1

By   Daniel Dale , CNN

Updated 7:08 AM ET, Mon February 17, 2020

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump's campaign manager deleted a tweet featuring a dramatic photo of Air Force One at the  Daytona 500  after users pointed out that the shot was from President George W. Bush's visit to the NASCAR race in 2004, not from Trump's visit on Sunday.

Brad Parscale tweeted the 2004 photo, which shows Air Force One rising above packed stands at the Daytona International Speedway in Florida, and wrote, ".@realDonaldTrump won the #Daytona500 before the race even started."

200216181940-brad-parscale-trump-daytona

The now-deleted tweet by Brad Parscale.

The tweet stayed online for about three hours, drawing at least 6,700 retweets and 23,000 likes before it was deleted. Users identifying themselves as Trump supporters replied with messages like "Amazing shot wow" and "WOW WHAT A SHOT!!!!!!!!!"

But the photo was taken by photographer Jonathan Ferrey on February 15, 2004, after Bush's visit to the racetrack, as Air Force One took off from the adjacent Daytona Beach International Airport.

"I have a lot of talented colleagues photographing the Daytona 500 this year," Ferrey told CNN. "I am unfortunately not there today, but apparently I won the Daytona 500 photography before the race even started."

It can be found on the   website of Getty Images . It was also used in   articles   in the past week previewing Trump's visit, and in a Sunday article on the conservative website The Daily Wire about the crowd's reaction to Trump's Air Force One arrival.

After Twitter users, including   Voice of America White House bureau chief Steve Herman , noted that the photo was from 16 years ago, Parscale deleted the tweet and replaced it with a   tweet   featuring the same caption but a slightly less dramatic photo from Trump's arrival on Sunday -- of Air Force One circling speedway stands that were not completely full at the time.

The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago
But the photo was taken by photographer Jonathan Ferrey on February 15, 2004, after Bush's visit to the racetrack, as Air Force One took off from the adjacent Daytona Beach International Airport.
"I have a lot of talented colleagues photographing the Daytona 500 this year," Ferrey told CNN. "I am unfortunately not there today, but apparently I won the Daytona 500 photography before the race even started." It can be found on the   website of Getty Images . It was also used in   articles   in the past week previewing Trump's visit, and in a Sunday article on the conservative website The Daily Wire about the crowd's reaction to Trump's Air Force One arrival.

After Twitter users, including   Voice of America White House bureau chief Steve Herman , noted that the photo was from 16 years ago, Parscale deleted the tweet and replaced it with a   tweet   featuring the same caption but a slightly less dramatic photo from Trump's arrival on Sunday -- of Air Force One circling speedway stands that were not completely full at the time.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Lying means nothing to the Trump forces.  All they had to do was wait until the stands were full and take a similar picture yesterday. 

But they have never been even slightly bothered by minor considerations like accuracy or truth. 

The chances Parscale will be unethical and cheat over the next 9 months are 100 percent. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago
The chances Parscale will be unethical and cheat over the next 9 months are 100 percent. 

Unfortunately for us, it's a job requirement in Trump's neck of the woods. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

It doesn't take much to impress tRump fans.  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4.1  lady in black  replied to  Tessylo @4    4 years ago

[deleted]

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5  lady in black    4 years ago

Lies, lies and more lies yet crooked donnie supporters see nothing wrong with his daily lies

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  JohnRussell  replied to  lady in black @5    4 years ago

They encourage [it.removed

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    4 years ago
It was also used in articles in the past week previewing Trump's visit

Since we have to guess, I'd guess that's where he got it. Sloppy.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

freepress
Freshman Silent
8  freepress    4 years ago

Corrupt from the top down, incompetent and always proving that they are the actual "fake news" they forever speak of.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

‘Plausible deniability’: Experts warn on Barr’s ‘carefully staged PR pushback’

sqdavidbadash.gif

Published

5 days ago 

on

February 13, 2020
bill-barr-1.jpg

‘Diversionary Tactics’

Attorney General Bill Barr’s record and not his remarks should govern how the people and the press perceive the Justice Dept. chief. So say experts who are weighing in Thursday afternoon after Barr gave an interview to ABC News in which he appears to complain about President Donald Trump’s tweets.

“I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody … whether it’s Congress, a newspaper editorial board, or the president,” Barr told ABC News. “I’m gonna do what I think is right. And you know … I cannot do my job here at the department with a constant background commentary that undercuts me.”

But government, legal, and authoritarianism experts, and some journalists are saying “don’t fall for it,” literally. Those words came from NBC News National Security Contributor Frank Figliuzzi, a former FBI Assistant Director, on MSNBC minutes ago.
“It all rings very hollow to me and I don’t think we can take anything the Attorney General says at face value,” former U.S. Attorney, law school professor, and MSNBC contributor Joyce Vance just said on “Meet the Press Daily.”

Journalist Judd Legum, who founded ThinkProgress and Popular.info, warns that Barr should not be taken at face value, because what he really wants is plausible deniability.

Former CIA officer and former White House National Security Council spokesperson Ned Price suggests Trump’s tweets make it harder for Barr to do what Trump wants:
Former Office of Government Ethics director:
MSNBC Justice & Security Analyst, former DOJ chief spokesperson:

Lawfare Executive Editor, Brookings Senior Fellow, CNN National Security and Legal Analyst, Former IC attorney:

Pulitzer prize winner and National Security Correspondent for The Washington Post: