╌>

Trump grants clemency to 11 convicts, including Rod Blagojevich and Bernard Kerik

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  88 comments

Trump grants clemency to 11 convicts, including Rod Blagojevich and Bernard Kerik

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Washington   — President Trump issued a slew of pardons and commutations on Tuesday, granting clemency to 11 people convicted of federal crimes, including former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich and ex-New York City Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik.

Blagojevich was originally convicted on 18 counts related to corruption, including an attempt to sell Barack Obama's vacant Senate seat when he was elected president in 2008. He began serving a   14-year federal prison sentence   in 2012, and some of the charges were subsequently   thrown out   on appeal.

"We have commuted the sentence of Rod Blagojevich," the president said Tuesday before boarding Air Force One for a trip out West. "He served eight years in jail, a long time ... That was a tremendously powerful, ridiculous sentence, in my opinion."

Kerik, who oversaw the NYPD's response to the 9/11 attacks, pleaded guilty to federal charges of tax fraud and lying to investigators in 2009 and was   sentenced   to four years in prison. 

"Yes, I just pardoned Bernie Kerik, a man who had many recommendations from a lot of good people," Mr. Trump said. 

In addition to Kerik, Mr. Trump issued pardons to six others, including Michael Milken, a billionaire financier who pleaded guilty to insider trading and was barred from the securities industry in 1989.   Edward DeBartolo Jr. , the former owner of the San Francisco 49ers, was also granted a pardon for his conviction related to a corruption scheme in 1999.

Mr. Trump said he hasn't "given it any thought" when asked if he will pardon Roger Stone, his longtime confidant who was convicted on charges stemming from the Mueller investigation and   faces sentencing   this week.

Those granted pardons have records of their convictions wiped clean. Commutations override the prison sentences of current inmates, but their crimes remain on their records.

Blagojevich starred in Mr. Trump's "Apprentice" reality television show, and the president, who ran on a campaign of law and order, has hinted about a possible pardon for him in the past.

"Rod Blagojevich, the former Governor of Illinois, was sentenced to 14 years in prison. He has served 7 years. Many people have asked that I study the possibility of commuting his sentence in that it was a very severe one. White House staff is continuing the review of this matter," the president   tweeted   in April 2019. 

News of Blagojevich's commutation was first reported by  ABC News . The prosecutors who helped convicted Blagojevich issued a stern statement in response to the commutation, noting that while the president has to the right to commute his sentence, the former governor committed serious crimes. The prosecuting team reminded the public that the former governor extorted the CEO of a children's hospital, withholding funds for sick children until he issued campaign contributions. 

"The law and extensive facts underlying Mr. Blagojevich's conviction were reviewed by independent judges on an appellate court and by the Supreme Court of the United States," said Reid J. Schar, Chris Niewoehner, Judge Carrie E. Hamilton and Patrick J. Fitzgerald in a statement. "These courts affirmed Mr. Blagojevich's conviction and sentence, and the appellate court described the evidence against him as 'overwhelming.'"

"Extortion by a public official is a very serious crime, routinely prosecuted throughout the United States whenever, as here, it can be detected and proven," they continued. "That has to be the case in America: a justice system must hold public officials accountable for corruption. It would be unfair to their victims and the public to do otherwise. While the president has the power to reduce Mr. Blagojevich's sentence, the fact remains that the former governor was convicted of very serious crimes. His prosecution serves as proof that elected officials who betray those they are elected to serve will be held to account."

House Republicans from Illinois issued a joint statement expressing disappointment with the commutation, calling Blavojevich the "face of public corruption."

"We are disappointed by the president's commutation of Rod Blagojevich's federal sentence," they said in a joint statement. "We believe he received an appropriate and fair sentence, which was the low-end of the federal sentencing guidelines for the gravity of his public corruption convictions. Blagojevich is the face of public corruption in Illinois, and not once has he shown any remorse for his clear and documented record of egregious crimes that undermined the trust placed in him by voters. As our state continues to grapple with political corruption, we shouldn't let those who breached the public trust off the hook. History will not judge Rod Blagojevich well."

Three others in addition to Blagojevich had their sentences commuted: Tynice Nichole Hall, Crystal Munoz and Judith Negron. Hall and Munoz were serving time on drug charges, while Negron was eight years into a 35-year sentence for fraud, according to the White House.

The White House has touted other cases of clemency, like the 2018 pardon of   Alice Marie Johnson , an African-American grandmother convicted decades ago of non-violent drug offenses. But the president's clemency actions have also benefited controversial prominent figures. As of the beginning of February, a Washington Post review found that all but five of the 24 people who had received clemency from the president had a line into the White House or a reputation with the president's political base. Controversial figures who have   received some form of clemency   include former Sheriff Joe Arpaio, "Scooter" Libby and conservative figure Dinesh D'Souza.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Trump is clearly paving the way for the day he pardons himself. 

His intention is turn every aspect of American public life into a circus. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

His intention is turn every aspect of American public life into a circus. 

mission accomplished

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Not sure he can pardon himself, I've read articles going both ways but the majority seem to say that he cannot.  However, that is why I fully expect him to resign at some point so Pence can pardon him. 

If Democrats beat him in November, Trump will go on a crime spree for his last month then resign a week before he is replaced so Pence can pardon him.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.2.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ozzwald @1.2    4 years ago
Not sure he can pardon himself, I've read articles going both ways but the majority seem to say that he cannot.  However, that is why I fully expect him to resign at some point so Pence can pardon him. 

I could vomit just thinking about it.

This is what he said a couple of years ago:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

As has been stated by numerous legal scholars, I have the absolute right to PARDON myself, but why would I do that when I have done nothing wrong? In the meantime, the never ending Witch Hunt, led by 13 very Angry and Conflicted Democrats (& others) continues into the mid-terms!

6:35 AM - Jun 4, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

I'm absolutely certain he believes it.  What a creep.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.3  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

What a joke.  Judith Negron was one of three people who set up a fraudulent healthcare system simply to defraud Medicare of reportedly $205 million plus restitution for Negron of $87 million along with 23 other co defendants most of whom cut deals to testify against the big three and escape harsh punishment.

Two other owners of ATC, Lawrence Duran and Marianella Valera, were sentenced in September 2011 to 50 and 35 years in prison, respectively, for their roles in the scheme. These sentences are the three longest prison sentences ever imposed in a Medicare Fraud Strike Force case.

Negron and her family have better PR, Go Fund Me etc.

If you listen to her sister and Clemancy.org she was duped by the other two, innocent as fresh fallen snow...

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.3.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Split Personality @1.3    4 years ago

Just Trump draining the swamp and cleaning up more corruption...like in the Ukraine ,    yet   different   to the point of the same

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

A President of the United States is not able to pardon himself.

Get real.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

There is no doubt that Blagojevich was a totally corrupt official, but the crimes he committed were non-violent. The term he got should be reserved for violent thugs!  I think we have our values a bit twisted.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.6.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.6    4 years ago
I think we have our values a bit twisted.

Can't disagree there on sentencing standards.   Who sets those anyway?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.6.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @1.6.1    4 years ago

"The Federal Sentencing Guidelines operate upon a points system, operating on a scale from 1 to 43.  The higher the points assigned to the crime, the longer the perpetrator has to remain in the federal penitentiary. " 

niccsa.org/federal-sentencing/

I saw them on display somewhere the other night. In that demonstration Roger Stone was used as an example. The points he got landed on the line between 3 and 4 years.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.6.3  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.6.2    4 years ago

But who sets those standards?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.6.5  Vic Eldred  replied to    4 years ago
It could be argued that an important part of sentencing is the deterrent factor...

What would you prescribe for rogue FBI officials?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.6.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.6.5    4 years ago

How about for them to be ACTUALLY CHARGED with a CRIME

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.6.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.6.6    4 years ago

Terry J. Albury, who joined the FBI in 2000, allegedly sent two classified documents to a reporter at an unspecified national media organization, according to charging documents obtained by the  Star Tribune  of Minneapolis.
The former agent was charged with two counts of unauthorized disclosure of national defense information. 

Earlier this week a  Treasury Department official   was charged with leaking sensitive bank data to a reporter related to a series of high-profile government defendants, including former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, campaign deputy Rick Gates and accused Russian agent Maria Butina. 

To r.t..b's point...What should we hit them with?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.6.9  Vic Eldred  replied to    4 years ago

You do know we were talking about punishments, right?

What should the punishment be for an FBI official convicted of lying to the FBI?

What should the punishment be for an IRS official convicted of leaking confidential material?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.6.11  Tacos!  replied to  Sparty On @1.6.3    4 years ago
But who sets those standards?

Legislatures set those standards. Congress, in the case of federal law. 

Even though standards exist, there is wide room for variety in sentencing. For example, even though a charge might have a maximum penalty of 10 or 20 years, there might be no prison time at all in a specific case if the statute doesn't require it. They might just get probation.

There are usually statutory requirements to consider aggravating and mitigating factors. A judge is often required to consider several possibilities in each category. These factors will look at both the circumstances of the crime and details of the individual defendant.

There is also an expectation that similar cases will result in similar sentences. However, sometimes, judges are sensitive to public outrage (or sympathy) in a particular case and that can affect their ruling (in spite of what they might like you to believe).

Naturally, both prosecution and defense counsel will make recommendations related to all these factors. Sentencing briefs can get pretty long.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.6.12  Vic Eldred  replied to    4 years ago

Your refusal to spell out punishment for the criminals who hurt the President is duly noted!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.6.13  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.6.12    4 years ago

What 'criminals' would those be who hurt the 'president'?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.6.14  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.6.12    4 years ago

lol. thats a good one Vic.  What time are you on the Comedy Club stage? 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.6.15  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.6.12    4 years ago
Your refusal to spell out punishment for the criminals who hurt the President is duly noted!

Natalie Edwards should be awarded the Medal of Freedom (not the Medal of Free dumb dirty Donald handed out to the loser Limbaugh). I'm sure all the Trump sycophants want to protect the scum bag Paul Manafort and his coconspirator Rick Gates or the Russia spy Maria Butina, but I believe the majority of Americans are glad Natalie released the SARs report on those disgusting criminals.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    4 years ago

No doubt, letting Blagojevich out early reeks of week old dead fish

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1  katrix  replied to  Sparty On @2    4 years ago

I wonder if there's even any point these days to allow presidents to pardon people. I recall that Rich guy, whom Clinton pardoned .. seems every president uses it for political and personal reasons now, rather than to actually provide justice to someone who actually WAS unfairly treated by the justice system.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  katrix @2.1    4 years ago

I love the concept but it does get abused by most Presidents.  

That said, most of them do pardon folks who probably deserve consideration so its not all a bad thing.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1.2  katrix  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.1    4 years ago

We mostly just hear about the controversial ones. Clinton pardoned over 400 but all I can remember is Mark Rich. Looks like Trump wants to outdo Clinton.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  katrix @2.1.2    4 years ago

Clinton also pardoned the falN terrorists to help his wife out in New York.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1.4  katrix  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.3    4 years ago

It was truly disgusting how he wielded his power to pardon. And now we get the same from Trump. Sigh.

I remember back then thinking that we need to change this - but I can't imagine any President being willing to give up that power. After all, it gets them donations and "friends" and more power.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  katrix @2.1.4    4 years ago

was truly disgusting how he wielded his power to pardon. And now we get the same from Trump.

I agree, the pardon power has been abused for a long time. It should be reserved for egregious miscarrages of justice, not stuff like this. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1.6  katrix  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.5    4 years ago
It should be reserved for egregious miscarrages of justice, not stuff like this.

So very true.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    4 years ago

You can feel that a crime is serious, but that doesn't require limitless sentencing. Blago has already spent years in prison. What public policy is served by keeping him in there longer?

I would much rather see prison time prioritized to people who are actual threats to public safety or, in the case of fraud, have an extended history of defrauding multiple people. Such people are probably likely to victimize more innocent people if released.

Blago doesn't really seem to fit those descriptions. He's slime, but that shouldn't cloud fair judgment. I think that, as we often see in these political cases, simple anger is driving the sentence more than anything else. That's a poor standard for justice. You could attack a person and break bones or rob them with a weapon and spend less time in prison than Blago got.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 years ago

he sold out our election system and process...oh wait, you forgave trump for thatalready

how about the one who was depriving sick kids nwho Trump got off like PeeWee Herman at a xxx theatre?

is that ok ?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.1    4 years ago

So, I guess you think he should have been executed?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.1    4 years ago

no, just finished his sentence, period.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.1.2    4 years ago

Why? What makes the sentence he received the perfect, right one?

Professor Guide
3.1.4  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.1.2    4 years ago
no, just finished his sentence, period.

I'm not opposed to that...provided he is struck mute prior to his release.  

Professor Guide
3.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 years ago
or, in the case of fraud, have an extended history of defrauding multiple people.

Trump's years of pre-election crimes will be waiting for him when he leaves office.  Am I correct in assuming that it's pointless to ask you how long Trump's sentence should be when he is finally convicted for doing the very thing of which you speak?  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.2    4 years ago

Yes it is pointless, but not for the reasons you seem to think.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
3.3  katrix  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 years ago
What public policy is served by keeping him in there longer?

Punishment. And possibly deterrence, although this type of criminal seems to have an arrogance that won't be affected by that.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  katrix @3.3    4 years ago
Punishment.

So the question becomes "how much punishment is reasonable?" From what I have heard, this guy talked a lot about selling that senate seat, but never pulled the trigger. Surely, we would want to punish someone who went through with it for a longer time, but this guy has already been in prison for 8 years.

I hear people talking about 8 years this week like it's nothing. Just imagine if you had to go live in a concrete box for 8 years. It's not a small thing. And people want 6 more. What will that accomplish?

We have far more people in prison, per capita, than any other country in the world. Do we ever look at these sentences and ask if they might be too long? I hear all the time about how just, fair, and forgiving the American people are supposed to be, but in practice, we often look like a torch and pitchfork mob.

And possibly deterrence, although this type of criminal seems to have an arrogance that won't be affected by that.

There is a certain kind of person who thinks he will never be punished for anything he does - probably because he has been indulged most of his life. I agree, deterrence is probably ineffective on those people.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4  lady in black    4 years ago

safe_image.php?d=AQBoalqV0Hh5Psu8&w=476&h=249&url=https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fbncore%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F02%2F2019zyglis.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQCuOg6YyprYywf-

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  lady in black @4    4 years ago

his favoritev offense   A of P

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

The only people who should get pardoned are those who have been found innocent through advancements in forensic science.   These four clowns should have to serve their full sentences.  Want to bet that Trump will pardon Stone almost immediately.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1  devangelical  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5    4 years ago

this round of pardons are a trial balloon ahead of the big pardons that are coming

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @5.1    4 years ago
this round of pardons are a trial balloon ahead of the big pardons that are coming

Ridiculous. The President has the power to pardon or commute sentences. Doesn't require any "trial balloons".

Professor Guide
5.1.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @5.1    4 years ago

Too right!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  devangelical @5.1    4 years ago

Stone's will happen before the ink on his conviction papers is even dry.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.4  devangelical  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.1.3    4 years ago

that pile of petrified nixon-shit gets sentenced on thursday. after all the bullshit the judge has been put thru, I hope she throws the book at stone and makes sure he comes out of the joint a feeble old man, if at all.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6  1stwarrior    4 years ago

I thought I had cooled down enough after reading this to say something - but, there ain't no cooling down period.

Leonard Peltier, Native American, Oglala Sioux, has been in prison for 44 years for a crime that he did not commit.  During the closing trial, the prosecuting attorney and judge both stated that they have no "proof" that Leonard was the person who shot two FBI agents in 1975.  The AR-15 that Leonard was supposed to have used wasn't used by him.  The FBI Forensic Lab verified that the AR-15 had a broken firing pin and could not have fired any of the shots that killed the agents.  The casings from that "supposed" AR-15 didn't even match that rifle.  Three witnesses have withdrawn their testimony stating that the FBI coerced them into claiming that Leonard was the shooter.

Yet - Clinton, Bush, Obama and now Trump are totally unwilling to grant clemency to Leonard and two parole boards have denied him parole.  

The people that have just received clemency are all guilty of the crimes they were tried for.  Leonard Peltier is not.

Where is his clemency?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @6    4 years ago

Not to say a word on Trump's part, but off the top of my head I would guess it's because he was in prison for murder, not white collar crime like these other crooks and cheats. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    4 years ago

Trump would have pardoned the same herd of aholes even if one of them had committed murder.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.2  katrix  replied to  1stwarrior @6    4 years ago

Because presidents these days don't pardon people in the interest of justice. They do it for personal and political reasons only. It's a farce.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.3  Tacos!  replied to  1stwarrior @6    4 years ago
Where is his clemency?

Is anyone advocating for him? At minimum, Trump isn't going to give anyone relief if he isn't aware of their case.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.3.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @6.3    4 years ago

Trump is a proven racist so him turning his back and his power on one of our first Americans wrongly imprisoned is not surprising to me at all.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.3.1    4 years ago
Trump is a proven racist so him turning his back and his power on one of our first Americans wrongly imprisoned is not surprising to me at all.

So what are the excuses for Clinton, Bush, and Obama doing the same exact thing?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.3.4  Tacos!  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.3.1    4 years ago
so him turning his back

Do you have details of that?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.3.5  Tacos!  replied to    4 years ago

That's interesting, but it doesn't answer the question. Has anyone tried to get Trump to do anything about that particular case? Because if no one has even made the attempt, then bitching about not getting the desired outcome is, frankly, bullshit.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7  Texan1211    4 years ago

I happened to walk in tonight, my wife had CNN on. Don Lemon was SOOOO dramatic--"The President has pardoned or commuted sentences for 11 convicted criminals" or something very close to that.

Like virtually all pardons haven't been made to convicted criminals.

Have any President NOT made controversial pardons?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
7.2  katrix  replied to  Texan1211 @7    4 years ago
Have any President NOT made controversial pardons?

That doesn't make it right. I bitched when Clinton pardoned his cronies, and I'm bitching now. Or do you think it's better to just roll over and ignore it just because everyone does it?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  katrix @7.2    4 years ago

I was merely pointing out the fact that almost all pardons or commutations involve convicted criminals.

I didn't bitch when other Presidents pardoned people, and I ain't bitching about Trump doing the same exact thing others have done while I stayed silent when other did what he did.

Most pardons are controversial for one reason or another to some people.

So what?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
7.2.2  katrix  replied to  Texan1211 @7.2.1    4 years ago
So what?

Oh well, I guess justice doesn't actually matter to you.

Sad.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.2.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  katrix @7.2    4 years ago

ignore it just because everyone does it?

That is what his supporters do...but but but Obama and but but Clinton.  They excuse Trump because someone else did it first.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  katrix @7.2.2    4 years ago
Oh well, I guess justice doesn't actually matter to you.

You are a horrible guesser, and should stop doing it.

I know, I know, fat chance of THAT ever happening.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
7.2.5  katrix  replied to  Texan1211 @7.2.4    4 years ago

What am I supposed to assume when your response is "so what?" That clearly says you don't give a shit.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
7.2.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  katrix @7.2.5    4 years ago

he'll keep moving his meanings around

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  katrix @7.2.5    4 years ago
What am I supposed to assume when your response is "so what?"

Why ask ME? I have no control over your (false) assumptions.

That clearly says you don't give a shit.

Again, I am not responsible for YOUR thinking and interpretations of what I write. My words are plain enough. But you are right when you state that I don't give a shit--about what you think or imagine I stated.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
7.2.8  katrix  replied to  Texan1211 @7.2.7    4 years ago

Your words are plain enough. "so what" is what you said - so you don't give a shit.

That's what "so what" means.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
7.2.9  igknorantzrulz  replied to  katrix @7.2.8    4 years ago

That's what "so what" means.

unless Tex is gonna define it, cause so ing buttons on to his open fly just keeps getting zippers stuck in velcro when allowing Tex to drive a narrative narrated by someone other than he  man can float some jibberish that i n joy deciphering out of a siphon hose he did pimp

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  katrix @7.2.8    4 years ago

yet once again (sigh), you have demonstrated your inability to read and correctly comprehend my writings.

Oh, well. 

Like I am going to lose sleep over THAT crap!

I am NOT responsible for what or how you interpret stuff. That is all on you.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.3  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @7    4 years ago

Nope, they all do it and then all the talking heads from the opposing party pontificate endlessly about how evil that President is for doing it.  

It's a a 200+ year old, time honored traditional goat rodeo  ......

katrix
Sophomore Participates
7.3.1  katrix  replied to  Sparty On @7.3    4 years ago

Well, there are some valid reasons for pardons. The first page of the link below has some good stuff. But this crap about pardoning people like Blago and Marc Rich ... it pisses me off. Where did that damn goat go anyway?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.3.2  Sparty On  replied to  katrix @7.3.1    4 years ago

A new goat is born every day ...... yeehaw!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8  Texan1211    4 years ago

All the bitching and whining and crying over commutations and pardons is immature and silly. All of it doesn't change a thing. 

Why whine over stuff you have no legal control over?

Will your whining change a damn thing?

MANY pardons and commutations have been controversial. THAT is why I wrote "So what?" 

Failure to understand THAT is ridiculous! 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @8    4 years ago

Failure to understand THAT is ridiculous! 

The ability to understand YOU is ridiculously easy

It Is ME
Masters Guide
8.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  igknorantzrulz @8.1    4 years ago

Expand, Stretch....fill us in ?jrSmiley_123_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @8.1    4 years ago

Posts above tell me what you wrote is stupendously wrong.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  It Is ME @8.1.1    4 years ago

Don't you just love it when posters tell you what you meant when you post? Or what you think?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
8.1.4  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.3    4 years ago
Don't you just love it when posters tell you what you meant when you post?

The "Reading Between the lines" thingy is Fantastical. jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

I guess that Super Power ability only comes about when ……… ummmmm …...??????? …… hmmmmm…… Stan Lee, we need you   ! jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1.5  Tacos!  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.3    4 years ago
Don't you just love it when posters tell you what you meant when you post? Or what you think?

What's really weird is when they put in the effort to argue it. It's one thing to suggest it and then find out you were mistaken. Everyone does that now and then. But when they are insistent that you mean something other than what you say you mean, it strikes me as bullying.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @8.1.5    4 years ago

Those people are simply demonstrating intellectual dishonesty and immense laziness.

I think I am done with their trifling nonsense.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
8.2  katrix  replied to  Texan1211 @8    4 years ago
MANY pardons and commutations have been controversial. THAT is why I wrote "So what?"  Failure to understand THAT is ridiculous! 

Thanks for making it clear, once again, that you don't give a crap.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  katrix @8.2    4 years ago
Thanks for making it clear, once again, that you don't give a crap.

And thank YOU for demonstrating (still) that you do not understand what I write and are a very bad guesser.