Trump decided to replace his top spy chief after his aide told Congress that Russia is interfering in 2020 to help Trump win

Via:  john-russell  •  2 months ago  •  54 comments

Trump decided to replace his top spy chief after his aide told Congress that Russia is interfering in 2020 to help Trump win
During the briefing, the aide told lawmakers Russia is attempting to interfere in the 2020 election to help get Trump reelected, according to The New York Times.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Donald Trump decided to replace Joseph Maguire as his top acting intelligence official after Maguire authorized an aide to brief Congress about Russia's 2020 election interference, which enraged the president, according to the Washington Post.

Trump reportedly falsely believed that the official who briefed Congress at Maguire's direction had been disloyal by feeding exclusive information about election interference to House Intelligence Committee chairman Adam Schiff.

During the briefing, the aide told lawmakers Russia is attempting to interfere in the 2020 election to help get Trump reelected, according to The New York Times.

Trump replaced Maguire with Richard Grenell, a fierce loyalist who currently serves as the US ambassador to Germany and has no background in intelligence work.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
[]

JohnRussell
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 months ago

Trump is not fit for office. 

Let's all say it together. 

igknorantzrulz
1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 months ago

Hires current German Ambassador, who has NO Intelligence

experience, to head all 17 intelligence agencies.

Fires former Acting head, cause he had the gaul to inform our head Senators as to ANOTHER RUSSIAN THREAT TO OUR ELECTION SYSTEM !!!

Surprise surprise surprise, Putin wants the one he Putin place asz our as a whole potUS to be reelected ???

WTF, yet Again,again,again,and again,an again

r.t..b...
1.1.1  r.t..b...  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1    2 months ago
WTF, yet Again,again,again,and again,an again

This cannot be repeated often enough...so in unison and in understanding the threat it poses...

"WTF, yet Again,again,again,and again,an again"

igknorantzrulz
1.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  r.t..b... @1.1.1    2 months ago

Americans R plain STUPID if they choose to defend Trump over n over n over AGAIN n again n again, n again

Sorry to whoever i offend, but Trump Supporters are on the SAME Treasonous side as Putin, and are thus TREASONOUS themselves in my oh so humble opine.

How and WHY are Trump supporters in concert with a tyranical murderous despot that our PATHETic potUS refuses to ever even criticise as he chooses to attack people and PATRIOTS of our country. Be it persons of our judicial system, our Intelligence agencies, jurors, witnesses, judges, or whoever, if they object to anything Trump, Trump attacks them from his Bully Pulpit like the mental deficient midget that Dwarfs unto no one or anything ....

i've truly Had ENOUGH from him, and his joke following.

Trump supporters are Jock Straps supporting a DICK !

WallyW
1.1.3  WallyW  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1    2 months ago
....all 17 intelligence agencies.
most of which were trying to dig up dirt on Trump

igknorantzrulz
1.1.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  WallyW @1.1.3    2 months ago
most of which were trying to dig up dirt on Trump

proof.

and i'm not in the mood Wally

WallyW
1.2  WallyW  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 months ago

Another wacky conspiracy theory. The Dem hopefuls are so awful Trump needs no help from any country

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

igknorantzrulz
1.2.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  WallyW @1.2    2 months ago
Another wacky conspiracy theory. The Dem hopefuls are so awful Trump needs no help from any country

then Y  is he so upset, that he feels he had to remove the head of the intelligence agencies for allowing the information that AGAIN, TRUMP IS ENDORSED BY pUTIN'S RUSSIA, be presented, as is the LAW, to our appropriate Reps/Senators   ?? 

Ozzwald
1.2.2  Ozzwald  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.2.1    one month ago
then Y  is he so upset, that he feels he had to remove the head of the intelligence agencies for allowing the information that AGAIN, TRUMP IS ENDORSED BY pUTIN'S RUSSIA, be presented, as is the LAW, to our appropriate Reps/Senators   ??

Not to mention that a likely result is that the various Congressional intelligence committees will most like not receive needed information with which to act upon.  Trump's toadie will stop informing Congress of any intelligence info that may remotely be related to Trump interests.

gooseisgone
1.3  gooseisgone  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 months ago

From your post Jr.

The Times reported that lawmakers were told Russia is interfering in the 2020 election specifically to get Trump reelected. 

Now the real story from NBC news:

Current and former intelligence officials said she told lawmakers that Russia had exhibited a preference for Trump, and was seeking to interfere in the 2020 election to help the president.

One current official familiar with the matter told NBC News that Pierson overstated the extent to which there is intelligence showing a Russian preference for Trump. When lawmakers from both parties asked for examples, she could not provide any, this official said, adding that the Russian priority is sowing chaos, not electing any particular candidate.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=joseph+maguire&form=EDGSPH&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&msnews=1&plvar=0&refig=9030698b1a0645bda9d7a48b88445b01&sp=1&ghc=1&qs=FT&pq=joseph+ma&sk=PRES1&sc=8-9&cvid=9030698b1a0645bda9d7a48b88445b01&cc=US&setlang=en-US

Stop with the BS Jr.

Dulay
1.3.1  Dulay  replied to  gooseisgone @1.3    2 months ago
One current official familiar with the matter

Oh well THAT changes EVERYTHING! /s

BTW, here is that actual link to your quote:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/trump-anger-cost-joseph-maguire-job-director-national-intelligence-n1140086

Split Personality
1.3.2  Split Personality  replied to  Dulay @1.3.1    one month ago

Pierson a 20 year veteran of the intelligence agencies, is the current Elections Threats Executive, who used to report to Mr. Maguire, now Grinnel.

Although Grinell is only supposed to be a short term Director, chances are good that Pierson will be out of this job shortly, even though she has sounded the alarms before in a January 22 interview with NPR that went largely unnoticed.

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/22/798186093/election-security-boss-threats-to-2020-are-now-broader-more-diverse

gooseisgone
1.3.3  gooseisgone  replied to  Dulay @1.3.1    one month ago
Oh well THAT changes EVERYTHING!

There's nothing to change, there was nothing from the start, it was a lie. 

Dulay
1.3.4  Dulay  replied to  gooseisgone @1.3.3    one month ago
There's nothing to change, there was nothing from the start, it was a lie. 

Right, based on an anonymous 'current official familiar with the matter'. /s

gooseisgone
1.3.5  gooseisgone  replied to  Dulay @1.3.4    one month ago
Right, based on an anonymous 'current official familiar with the matter

Dulay, if you have some facts to the contrary lets see them, otherwise the story is bullshit. 

Dulay
1.3.6  Dulay  replied to  gooseisgone @1.3.5    one month ago
Dulay, if you have some facts to the contrary lets see them, otherwise the story is bullshit. 

I can only refute the comments by your 'current official familiar with the matter' with this from your quoted article:

Current and former intelligence officials said she told lawmakers that Russia had exhibited a preference for Trump, and was seeking to interfere in the 2020 election to help the president.

gooseisgone
1.3.7  gooseisgone  replied to  Dulay @1.3.6    one month ago
Russia had exhibited a preference for Trump

But they had no proof !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pierson overstated the extent to which there is intelligence showing a Russian preference for Trump. When lawmakers from both parties asked for examples, she could not provide any, this official said, adding that the Russian priority is sowing chaos, not electing any particular candidate.

Dulay
1.3.8  Dulay  replied to  gooseisgone @1.3.7    one month ago
But they had no proof !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right, according to "One current official familiar with the matter'.

Quite an open and shut argument you have there. /s

Ender
2  Ender    2 months ago

This too will be defended by his followers.

igknorantzrulz
2.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Ender @2    2 months ago

This too will be defended by his followers.

they'll tell us how Trump being Putins choice, is a good thing    somefcknhow or other ?

lib50
3  lib50    2 months ago

They must be awaiting the updated talking points from Russia.  Lets see what they come up with.  Will definitely involve gaslighting.

XDm9mm
4  XDm9mm    2 months ago
according to The New York Times.

And who might I ask told the New York times about a Top Secret Briefing given to congress?

Those with a top secret clearance would like to know.

igknorantzrulz
4.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  XDm9mm @4    2 months ago

Hows it feel to have the same interests as Putin in the choice of our"elected" potUS

Dulay
4.2  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @4    2 months ago
And who might I ask told the New York times about a Top Secret Briefing given to congress?

Well since it's Trump's government, one of Trump's minions. 

Who would you know? 

BTFW, the fact that a top secret briefing occurred isn't top secret.

XDm9mm
4.2.1  XDm9mm  replied to  Dulay @4.2    2 months ago
Well since it's Trump's government, one of Trump's minions. 

It might be his administration, but there are still a number of scumbag holdovers from the prior administration licking their wounds.

Who would you know? 

Me.  Cleared since 2004

BTFW, the fact that a top secret briefing occurred isn't top secret.

Granted.  But the CONTENT of the briefing is.  

Dulay
4.2.2  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @4.2.1    2 months ago
It might be his administration, but there are still a number of scumbag holdovers from the prior administration licking their wounds.

So you're saying that after three years there are Obama holdovers in the West Wing leaking about Trump's oval office rages? 

Seriously, y'all twist yourselves into pretzels making excuses for Trump's incompetence. 

Me.  Cleared since 2004

Sure XD. 

Granted.  But the CONTENT of the briefing is.  

When you have West Wing minions that can't pass a background check, WTF do you expect? 

XDm9mm
4.2.3  XDm9mm  replied to  Dulay @4.2.2    2 months ago
So you're saying that after three years there are Obama holdovers in the West Wing leaking about Trump's oval office rages?  Seriously, y'all twist yourselves into pretzels making excuses for Trump's incompetence. 

There are many White House staffers that transition from administration to administration.   Being as smart as you claim to be, one would surmise you knew that already.

Me.  Cleared since 2004
Sure XD. 

Yep, in point of fact, completed a re-investigation (SSBI)  and poly this past November.

Granted.  But the CONTENT of the briefing is.  
When you have West Wing minions that can't pass a background check, WTF do you expect? 

Can you name them?  And if you claim a Trump family member, please reread the first eight words of the second second sentence of my first response to you and then sit and contemplate those words and make an intelligent retort.

Dulay
4.2.4  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @4.2.3    2 months ago
There are many White House staffers that transition from administration to administration.   Being as smart as you claim to be, one would surmise you knew that already.

There is a difference between a transition period and THREE YEARS LATER. 

Secondly, West Wing staff do NOT hold over from administration to administration. Sure, there are 'Executive branch' personnel that remain in Agencies. The vast majority of those hold overs don't even work in the WH. 

BTFW, when have I ever claimed to be smart XD? 

Yep, in point of fact, completed a re-investigation (SSBI)  and poly this past November.

Good for you. You must be proud that most of the people in the room with Trump haven't. 

Can you name them?  

Well Trump just announced that he's rehiring Rob Porter so there's that.

There were dozens of articles about the fact that between 30-40 West Wing staff couldn't pass their background check. 

And if you claim a Trump family member, please reread the first eight words of the second second sentence of my first response to you and then sit and contemplate those words and make an intelligent retort.

I presume you mean in this seed which states:

Me.  Cleared since 2004

Less than 8 words, not much to 'contemplate' and doesn't answer my question. 

igknorantzrulz
4.2.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Dulay @4.2.4    2 months ago
Good for you. You must be proud that most of the people in the room with Trump haven't. 

yep

Tessylo
4.2.6  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @4.2.1    2 months ago
'Me.  Cleared since 2004'
Says you

Big fucking whoop, if true.

I guess we're all supposed to be impressed.  

XDm9mm
4.2.7  XDm9mm  replied to  Dulay @4.2.4    2 months ago
There is a difference between a transition period and THREE YEARS LATER.  Secondly, West Wing staff do NOT hold over from administration to administration. Sure, there are 'Executive branch' personnel that remain in Agencies. The vast majority of those hold overs don't even work in the WH. 

Please indicate EXACTLY where I said "West Wing" staff?   Then come back and we can discuss it.  Other than that, I'm not playing your word games, so run along.

Yep, in point of fact, completed a re-investigation (SSBI)  and poly this past November.

Most of the people in what room?   Again, your word games, so run along.

Can you name them?  

Well Trump just announced that he's rehiring Rob Porter so there's that.

There were dozens of articles about the fact that between 30-40 West Wing staff couldn't pass their background check. 

I don't actually care about Rob Porter.  And can you prove he is not cleared?    And as to "articles", there are all sorts of articles that have no validation of actual factual information, but there are shit loads with opinions.   So one more time, play your word games with someone else willing to play.

And if you claim a Trump family member, please reread the first eight words of the second second sentence of my first response to you and then sit and contemplate those words and make an intelligent retort.

I presume you mean in this seed which states:

Me.  Cleared since 2004

Nope.  Let's clarify just for YOU.  The first eight words of the second sentence of my FIRST response to you:

First response:  There are many White House staffers that transition from administration to administration.   Being as smart as you claim to be, one would surmise you knew that already.

Second sentence: Being as smart as you claim to be, one would surmise you knew that already.

First eight words:  Being as smart as you claim to be,

Less than 8 words, not much to 'contemplate' and doesn't answer my question. 

So run along and play your ever famous word games with others.  You're seriously outmatched.

XDm9mm
4.2.8  XDm9mm  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.6    2 months ago

[deleted]

Dulay
4.2.9  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @4.2.7    2 months ago
Please indicate EXACTLY where I said "West Wing" staff?   Then come back and we can discuss it.  

I said West Wing staff in connection to Trump's rages. The NYT and WP stories are about Trump flying into a rage after being told that the Intel Committee was briefed on Russian interference in the 2020 election. Now unless you think that Trump is briefed by the DNI in the fucking street, one must presume that the only ones to hear/witness said rage would be West Wing staff. 

Other than that, I'm not playing your word games, so run along.

I'm not playing into your power trip XD. 

First eight words:  Being as smart as you claim to be,

Oh so you're bringing up the unfounded claim that I questioned you about earlier. How about you address that XD. Here, I'll repeat it for you:

You failed to answer that question. 

Since you insist on doubling down on your personal comment, 'indicate EXACTLY where I' claimed to be smart XD. 

So run along and play your ever famous word games with others.  

In what group am I famous XD? 

You're seriously outmatched.

Supercilious. 

XDm9mm
4.2.10  XDm9mm  replied to  Dulay @4.2.9    2 months ago
Please indicate EXACTLY where I said "West Wing" staff?   Then come back and we can discuss it.  
I said West Wing staff in connection to Trump's rages. The NYT and WP stories are about Trump flying into a rage after being told that the Intel Committee was briefed on Russian interference in the 2020 election. Now unless you think that Trump is briefed by the DNI in the fucking street, one must presume that the only ones to hear/witness said rage would be West Wing staff. 

I noted White House Staff...   YOU transitioned to West Wing staff.

Other than that, I'm not playing your word games, so run along.
I'm not playing into your power trip XD. 

No power trip.  Simply refusing to play your "Twister" word games.  So yes, please run along.

First eight words:  Being as smart as you claim to be,

Oh so you're bringing up the unfounded claim that I questioned you about earlier. How about you address that XD. Here, I'll repeat it for you:

You failed to answer that question. 

It's simply implied by the twister word games you play.  You continually twist words to suit your twisted variation of what was said.

Since you insist on doubling down on your personal comment, 'indicate EXACTLY where I' claimed to be smart XD. 
So run along and play your ever famous word games with others.  
In what group am I famous XD? 

Right here on Newstalkers.  Your reputation for word games is well known by all.

You're seriously outmatched.
Supercilious. 

Only in your little world, only your little world.

Now once again, please run along. [Deleted]

Dulay
4.2.11  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @4.2.10    2 months ago
I noted White House Staff...   YOU transitioned to West Wing staff.

YOU are trying to ignore the FACT that it is the West Wing staff who are talking to the media about Trump's rages. Why? 

No power trip.  Simply refusing to play your "Twister" word games.  So yes, please run along.

It's a supercilious power trip to think you have any authority to tell me where to post. 

It's simply implied by the twister word games you play.  You continually twist words to suit your twisted variation of what was said.

So you admit that your comment is false but you're still desperate to blame me for it. Bad form XD and a utter loss of credibility. 

Right here on Newstalkers.  Your reputation for word games is well known by all.

So it looks like the new excuse for being unable to have a discussion without making personal comments and making false claims about other members is to claim that it's all word games. How long did it take the fraternity to come up with that? 

Only in your little world, only your little world.

Nope, it's qualifies right here on NT.

Now once again, please run along.

Nope. 

removed for context

Based on your 'contributions' in this thread, there isn't one iota of evidence of that. Rather than address the topic or my comments, the vast majority of your comments to me are filled with supercilious comments about your FEELINGS about me. That isn't serious adult discussion, it's juvenile. 

removed for context

It looks like you are incapable of posting a comment that addresses the topic rather than expressing your animus toward me.

It shouldn't surprise you that I couldn't care less about your opinion of me. 

Tessylo
4.2.12  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @4.2.9    2 months ago
Supercilious. 

giphy.gif

XDm9mm
4.2.13  XDm9mm  replied to  Dulay @4.2.11    2 months ago
It shouldn't surprise you that I couldn't care less about your opinion of me. 

[deleted]

XDm9mm
4.2.14  XDm9mm  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.12    2 months ago

Excellent animation of the Democrat Presidential candidates.  Thanks for posting!!

Dulay
4.2.15  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @4.2.13    2 months ago
[removed for contest (again)]

[deleted]

Paula Bartholomew
5  Paula Bartholomew    2 months ago

So of course he replaces his intelligence director with someone who has no experience in the field.  That way, he can pull the strings with his new puppet, one of his loyal toadies.  

XDm9mm
5.1  XDm9mm  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5    2 months ago
So of course he replaces his intelligence director with someone who has no experience in the field

Do you mean the Ambassador to a foreign country who interacts and interfaces with the heads of state?  The one who sits daily with the COS and discusses the intelligence of not only the country they are assigned to but of numerous other countries that might impact them in some way?  And being the Ambassador to Germany, he has potential influences that will impact Germany from virtually all over the world that he needs to be aware of.

Yeah, Ambassadors have no intelligence experience. //S//

lib50
5.1.1  lib50  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1    2 months ago

That Ambassador doesn't know jack about intelligence, which is the point of Trump putting him there.  The ONLY thing Trump cares about is being protected by his loyalists.  If you think the guy is qualified, please list his accomplishments and creds for the position.  Both of them.

Dulay
5.1.2  Dulay  replied to  lib50 @5.1.1    2 months ago

Based on the evaluations of the Germans, he doesn't know jack about being an Ambassador either. 

XDm9mm
5.1.3  XDm9mm  replied to  lib50 @5.1.1    2 months ago
That Ambassador doesn't know jack about intelligence,

Well, his knowledge dwarfs yours.  So he's already more qualified than you and as such YOU are in no position to judge him.

XDm9mm
5.1.4  XDm9mm  replied to  Dulay @5.1.2    2 months ago
Based on the evaluations of the Germans, he doesn't know jack about being an Ambassador either. 

I'm not overly impressed with their evaluation of an American Ambassador.  I'll put it up to his pushing the Germans to do what they have already agreed to but are trying to disregard.   

WallyW
5.1.5  WallyW  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.4    2 months ago

I believe this guy is just a temporary place holder

Dulay
5.1.6  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.4    2 months ago
I'm not overly impressed with their evaluation of an American Ambassador.

Why care about what the host country thinks of the person representing the US right? /s

I'll put it up to his pushing the Germans to do what they have already agreed to but are trying to disregard.   

Well you put it up to whatever you want to, I'll rely on the reporting of the actual facts about Grenell's saying that he wanted to 'empower conservatives throughout Europe' and he's a big fan of Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz, who is a rival of Merkels. 

None of that has to do with agreements but everything to do with a alleged Ambassador spewing his ideology. 

Just Jim NC TttH
5.1.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @5.1.2    2 months ago

Got a link to that?

r.t..b...
5.1.8  r.t..b...  replied to  WallyW @5.1.5    2 months ago
I believe this guy is just a temporary place holder

Joining the long list of interim and/or unfilled vacancies throughout numerous agencies...much less Cabinet positions. Chalk it up to 'draining the swamp' as one chooses, but the brain drain of those that are no longer in place and had relevant experience as to how those agencies function has left us with a rogue's gallery of political donors, vacuous sycophants, blatant nepotists...all ill-prepared seat fillers in lieu of effective administrators. I sense another cabinet meeting circle-jerk in our near future where those seat fillers will profess their undying loyalty in fealty to their commander-in-brief.

Dulay
5.1.9  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.7    2 months ago

Just Jim NC TttH
5.1.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @5.1.9    2 months ago

Thanks those were nice. Now, do you have one less than two years old with anyone NOT on the left/liberal side getting their feelings hurt? While I realize it is not his job to show favoritism to anyone or political persuasion but the US, what's wrong with hoping that they gain momentum and can gradually release themselves from the polarization that is so prevalent............almost a monopoly on thought and policy?

Dulay
5.1.11  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.10    2 months ago
Thanks those were nice. Now, do you have one less than two years old with anyone NOT on the left/liberal side getting their feelings hurt?

The third one is from less than a year ago. As for the 'left/liberal side', the links cite multiple German sources different political persuasions. Hurting feelings is antithetic to the duties of an Ambassador. 

While I realize it is not his job to show favoritism to anyone or political persuasion but the US, what's wrong with hoping that they gain momentum and can gradually release themselves from the polarization that is so prevalent............almost a monopoly on thought and policy?

Again, it's antithetic to the duties of an Ambassador and he started that shit from the get go.

Imagine if the Ambassador from Germany came here and started spewing their desire for the liberals to gain momentum over the GOP and gradually release ourselves from the grip of trickle down fantasies? Trump would have their ass on a plane in a heartbeat. 

Split Personality
5.1.12  Split Personality  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.7    one month ago
In May 2018, within hours of taking office in Berlin as US Ambassador, Grenell offended diplomats and business leaders when he tweeted that “German companies doing business in Iran should wind down operations immediately.” [32] The tweet was widely perceived as a threat, with the Foreign Minister of Luxembourg , Jean Asselborn , commenting that "This man was accredited as ambassador only yesterday. To give German businesses such orders … that’s just not how you can treat your allies.” [33] The leader of Germany's Social Democratic Party stated that Grenell "does appear to need some tutoring" in the "fine art of diplomacy", while the Die Linke party urged the Merkel government to summon Grenell to explain his comments. [33]

In June 2018, Grenell stirred controversy by telling Breitbart News , "I absolutely want to empower other conservatives throughout Europe, other leaders." [34] It was viewed as anti-establishment. [35] [36] This was described as a breach of diplomatic protocol and a breach of Article 14 of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations , which requires ambassadors to be politically neutral in the domestic politics of the countries where they serve. [37] [34] Prominent German politicians called for Grenell's dismissal. [38] [39] [40] [41] Martin Schulz , former leader of the Social Democratic Party of Germany , said, "What this man is doing is unheard of in international diplomacy. If a German ambassador were to say in Washington that he is there to boost the Democrats, he would have been kicked out immediately." [38]

Grenell was a regular contributor on Fox News 's Tucker Carlson Tonight during the first few months of his Ambassadorship in Germany. In November 2018 he made an appearance where he repeated his criticism of Angela Merkel's immigration policies and compared her unfavorably to the recently-elected Chancellor of Austria Sebastian Kurz , who - he claimed - "won in a very big way" because of his strict stance on immigration. The magazine Der Spiegel called it a "thinly veiled call for a change of government in Berlin". [37]

In December 2018, during the affair surrounding Der Spiegel journalist Claas Relotius , Grenell wrote to the magazine complaining about an anti-American institutional bias ("Anti-Amerikanismus") and asked for an independent investigation. [42] [43] Grenell wrote that "These fake news stories largely focus on U.S. policies and certain segments of the American people." [44]

In January 2019, Grenell told Handelsblatt that European companies participating in the construction of Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline are "always in danger, because sanctions are always possible". The Trump administration has long opposed the Russian-backed Nord Stream 2 — a pipeline for delivering natural gas from Russia to Germany. [45] Within that context he also sent letters to German companies involved in the construction of said Nord Stream 2, threatening sanctions. [46] In response, Angela Merkel's successor as leader of the Christian Democrat Union , Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer , stated that "The American Ambassador operates in a, shall I say, somewhat unusual diplomatic manner." [47]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Grenell

MonsterMash
6  MonsterMash    one month ago

What, nothing said about Russia rooting for Bernie?

Dems are so scared Trump is going to be reelected they're already saying Russia is again trying to get Trump elected so if he does they can say it was Russia's doing. If a Dem gets elected president they'll say...... In spite of Russia working to elect Trump we were able to stop Russian influence enough to have a fair and honest election.