My Fellow Left Leaning Liberals Too Lazy To Get A Job: I have troubling news!

By:  eat-the-press-do-not-read-it  •  one month ago  •  125 comments

My Fellow Left Leaning Liberals Too Lazy To Get A Job:  I have troubling news!
"Panhandlers are people, too. You, who." - Jonathan Livingston Dipstick

Brother & Sistas of the Corn Hole Degeneration, you know who I am takin' to, you lazy Left Leaning Liberal that waste their lives away playing that "damnable" game, "Corn Hole."

It is not a profession, Knuckleheads. It is a game developed for preschool kids to help them with their "Eye-Hand Coordination," Boneheads. It is not an Olympic game that your are training for at the local shat kickers' Choke &
Chock Bar & Greasy Grill.

"Get ye to a tannery, Meathead!"

"The days of suckin' from da gumint troth be over, Butcher Breath."

"Trump is coming after all of us and shutting off the feedbag. It's time to get a job. The party is over, fellow parasites. Didn't you watch the Academy Awards? Trump is comin' down on parasites. He even attacked the film by that name.

"We be in for a cardboard box rattling change, and we's got to be prepared for it, Fellow Left Leaning Liberals.

Our sauces, here, at Eat The Press - Do Not Wipe Your Bun With It, a feller name Steve Bunions, a former White House big Whig, who was booted out fer gettin' more press coverage than the Orange Buffoon.

We, that be me, Jonathan Livingston-Pigeon-Poo, "Doctored," discovered him living in the basement of the Washington Monument, just a stone throw from his former domicile.

So, naturally, we signed him up as our Washington correspondent 'cause he works for wine. And, so do we's.

Bunion informed us that Trump is comin' after "bums," and gonna boots us out of the Union 'cause we ain't worked since the "Yippy-Hippy Dazes."

Yu'll better straighten' up yur shat! 

Get a burr hair cut, steal a blue suit, a white shirt and, especially an extra long red tie, to blend in with the ever changin' culture. 'Cause times they are a changin'. No more panhandling, not more sleeping in da park, we got to Get wi' it, er, git out of 'Merica! Lyrics by  Willy BoJangles

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
[]

Eat The Press Do Not Read It
1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    one month ago

This is a "MUST READ WARNING For   REMOVED  - Jonathan Livingston Pigeon  ,REMOVED as Labeling and/or creative name-calling of entire political groups, WARNING, no points assigned  

2  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    one month ago

We might as well come to grip with Reality TV, because this is how they see us, our better, Right Wing Conservative Christians with Clipped Wings.256256

3  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    one month ago

Please, don't Hate Me cause I am trashy!

Ozzwald
4  Ozzwald    one month ago

5cb5ed0e2400006401044a53.png.cf.jpg

blue-vs-red-image-fed.-dep.png

poorest-states-in-america.jpg

supplemental.png?itok=vDlBljr_

large.jpg?1569875656

4.1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Ozzwald @4    one month ago

That is precisely, Ozzwald @ 4, why I am moving home to KY.

4.2  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Ozzwald @4    one month ago

You know I can't read. How rude is "dat?"

Sparty On
4.3  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @4    one month ago

I for one love suckling off the government teet up here in Michigan.  

Bernie gets in i'm quitting my job and getting some of that free college stuff.  

Just a  little more titty before i check in for my SS benefits.   I'll be motor-boating those babies for years ....

Thank you Cali and NY ...... you're the best!

4.3.1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sparty On @4.3    one month ago

Dat be precisely what I did. I spent three (3) in the Army in order to get the G.I Bill, then, ten years, off and on, in college sucking on the 256  tit.

I like Tits, Big Ems! She is my political mentor.

r.t..b...
4.3.2  r.t..b...  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4.3.1    one month ago
Big Ems!

'I.L.B.T.'s'  ~ Joe Walsh

Ozzwald
4.3.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Sparty On @4.3    one month ago
Just a  little more titty before i check in for my SS benefits.

At least with Bernie, you'll have SS benefits when you retire.

4.3.4  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Ozzwald @4.3.3    one month ago

Great, I, at 78.2 months, and, rapidly approach my EXPIRATION DATE, I can need all the help I can squeeze out of da guvmint.

You see, I retired as a bank robber. People think that it is a glamorous life of HIGH CRIMES & MISDEMEANORS, but it ain't.

Once you retire there is no Social Security, cause we don't pay into it, or Medicare, so, we have to con da guvmint out of Free Cheese.

Sparty On
4.3.5  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @4.3.3    one month ago

Yes, as i will with any other Dem or Rep POTUS.

Sparty On
4.3.6  Sparty On  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4.3.4    one month ago

Thats good cheese.    Eat it all the time.

Dismayed Patriot
4.3.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @4.3    one month ago
Bernie gets in i'm quitting my job and getting some of that free college stuff.

That's the same sort of thing I here from my conservative relatives in Ohio and Arkansas. They can't imagine that anyone wouldn't abuse a system that was set up to help those born into poverty or down on their luck and out of work. Yet the facts show, Red States are far more dependent on the government. So why would Blue States, who the Red States claim are the ones giving away all the free stuff, be far less likely to use a government entitlement? It's because most in blue States have jobs and work for a living and the majority of those in their States using social welfare programs use them properly which is to help them get stabilized and back on their feet after losing their job, getting a severe injury or having to file bankruptcy due to overwhelming medical bills because the current "healthcare" system is broken.

"A new study from academic researchers found that 66.5 percent of all bankruptcies were tied to medical issues —either because of high costs for care or time out of work. An estimated 530,000 families turn to bankruptcy each year because of medical issues and bills, the research found."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/11/this-is-the-real-reason-most-americans-file-for-bankruptcy.html

So perhaps, if conservatives weren't all talk, they themselves would stop abusing the social programs and feel less threatened about "everyone" taking free stuff. There was a six month period where I was out of work after the engineering company I worked for was bought out and I was laid off due to the new company downsizing and I could have filed for unemployment, but I didn't. I didn't because I knew I didn't have to at the time since my wife was working and I was able to go back to school and get retrained into a new career. And while I know I pay taxes which go to pay for unemployment benefits (as well as part of it coming from the former employer) I don't begrudge those who do have to use those benefits, they are there for those who really need them.

Most liberals and progressives I know understand this about social welfare programs and support them for those who need them but would never think about abusing the system just because it's there. That's a sentiment I've only seen from many of the conservatives I know, where they can't understand why anyone wouldn't abuse the system if it appears to be "giving away free stuff" as they imagine it in their minds, and many have expressed the same thing you did, that they'll just quit their jobs and live in some imaginary lap of luxury on everyone else's tax dollars if they could. I call it imaginary because anyone who has actually had to live on food stamps or welfare knows they are not living in any sort of luxury, they are merely surviving and trying to claw their way back to self sufficiency.

katrix
4.3.8  katrix  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4.3.4    one month ago
Once you retire there is no Social Security, cause we don't pay into it, or Medicare, so, we have to con da guvmint out of Free Cheese.

I know several people who worked under the table for most of their lives. Now that they're getting older, they're starting to realize their bosses screwed them - because their bosses also saved on payroll taxes, and now these folks won't get Social Security or Medicare because they didn't pay into them.

MUVA
4.3.9  MUVA  replied to  katrix @4.3.8    one month ago

To bad they should have followed the rules.

katrix
4.3.10  katrix  replied to  MUVA @4.3.9    one month ago

Agreed. They thought they were pulling one over on Uncle Sam, only to realize that's it's a two-way street. And of course, they never bothered to save money to make up for what they wouldn't get in Social Security - they never thought that far ahead and may not even have realized how SS and Medicare work.

Another reason why basic financial education should be taught in every grade.

Freedom Warrior
4.3.11  Freedom Warrior  replied to  katrix @4.3.8    one month ago

So you think their boss is screwed them because they broke the law and cheated the system?

That’s just plain wacky.

Sparty On
4.3.12  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.3.7    one month ago

I've paid more than most for the last 40+ years .... time for me to get some of that government cheese.   Keep working DP ..... time for workers to make the donuts for us retirees in red states.

I like to have a donut each day before the first class i skip in the morning .....

Sparty On
4.3.13  Sparty On  replied to  Freedom Warrior @4.3.11    one month ago

Doesn't work that way.  

Both are required to pay payroll taxes, both are screwed if it gets reported.   They are both screwing the system.   I've watched the Fed and state take down more than one otherwise successful business for lack of paying payroll taxes.

Just remember who ultimately took Capone down.   It wasn't the FBI, it was the IRS treasury department.

If i had a nickel for all the people who thought they were cute working for cash back in the day, that are just now figuring out they screwed themselves, I'd be a rich man.   Happens in the construction/engineering field all the time.

MUVA
4.3.14  MUVA  replied to  katrix @4.3.10    one month ago

I agree to bad they didn’t turn their boss in and demand to be put on the books.

MUVA
4.3.15  MUVA  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.13    one month ago

As much as I complain about paying taxes I always follow the law and pay My father in law said when we took over the business pay the taxes first then yourself for just the reason you mention.

XDm9mm
4.3.16  XDm9mm  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.3.7    one month ago
I was able to go back to school and get retrained into a new career.

You were therefore ineligible for unemployment as you were NOT immediately available, nor actively seeking new employment.   No need to thank me for the education.

And while I know I pay taxes which go to pay for unemployment benefits

That is predicated entirely on the state in which you live.  In some states unemployment insurance is borne entirely by the employer while in other states, there is a sharing between employer and employee for unemployment compensation.  So, you might not have made any contribution to the unemployment funds available in your state of residence.  People that actually employ other people know that.

Freedom Warrior
4.3.17  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.13    one month ago

Not sure what you mean by doesn’t work that way because it does work that way as you just admitted because what really happens is the employer  can deduct all of those expenses that the individual is not paying taxes on so this is an accommodation ultimately for the worker to try to get around the real meaningful expense involved in taxation on the self-employment basis even but in particular federal and state taxes

XDm9mm
4.3.18  XDm9mm  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.12    one month ago
I've paid more than most for the last 40+ years .... time for me to get some of that government cheese.

You and me both.   I maxed out FICA contributions every year I worked with the exception of the PT jobs I had in HS.  However, the FICA contribution sundown date came later with the exception of the last few when was a govvie contractor.  I used to love when they stopped since it was like a nice raise with each check!!

Now, I'm getting the max SS allowed by law.   I'm screwed to a point though since next year I'll be forced to take the mandated MMD from my retirement accounts.  

Dismayed Patriot
4.3.19  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.12    one month ago
I've paid more than most for the last 40+ years .... time for me to get some of that government cheese.   Keep working DP ..... time for workers to make the donuts for us retirees in red states.

I've paid taxes for almost 40 years now and have never used a government entitlement program, but I don't begrudge those who do. I just get mildly annoyed when those using them the most, the Red States, scream and rage about we Blue State progressives who are actually contributing more and taking less. It's almost as if Red States feel guilty for having to use the entitlements which makes them angry and bitter at those who fought to create and maintain the entitlements that are keeping them alive and off the street.

XDm9mm
4.3.20  XDm9mm  replied to  Freedom Warrior @4.3.17    one month ago
Not sure what you mean by doesn’t work that way because it does work that way as you just admitted because what really happens is the employer  can deduct all of those expenses that the individual is not paying taxes on so this is an accommodation ultimately for the worker to try to get around the real meaningful expense involved in taxation on the self-employment basis even but in particular federal and state taxes

In reality it all depends.

IF the 'employer' reports the amount paid as an expense, and has the receipts to support the deduction, it's a simple deductible business transaction and the 'employer' is off the hook.   

IF the 'employer' uses the individual as a 'contract worker', the employer is required to give the worker a 1099 form which is also reported to the IRS.  Onus is then on the contract worker for everything.

HOWEVER....   if the "employer" simply takes cash out of the company and gives it to the 'worker' with no deduction or reporting mechanism, then if caught, both are in jeopardy.

It's all predicated on how the 'transaction' is accomplished.

katrix
4.3.21  katrix  replied to  MUVA @4.3.14    one month ago
I agree to bad they didn’t turn their boss in and demand to be put on the books.

One of them thought about doing that - and then realized he'd be in trouble too, because he hadn't filed taxes in years (these people have the idea that they don't have enough money for the IRS to go after them - and so far they've been correct) and didn't even have W-2s for most of his income.

katrix
4.3.22  katrix  replied to  XDm9mm @4.3.20    one month ago
HOWEVER....   if the "employer" simply takes cash out of the company and gives it to the 'worker' with no deduction or reporting mechanism, then if caught, both are in jeopardy.

In these cases, the employers generally pay in cash. These are people who do tree work, construction, stuff like that. With the tree guy, I think his boss gave him a W-2 for a very small portion of the pay, but that was it.

XDm9mm
4.3.23  XDm9mm  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.3.19    one month ago
I just get mildly annoyed when those using them the most, the Red States, scream and rage about we Blue State progressives who are actually contributing more and taking less.

I love that claim.  Blue states pay more and Red states take more.   What is never accounted for are the preponderance of major military installations in the "red" southern states, nor the multitudes of people running to those same "red" southern states when they retire to avoid the high STATE taxes in those "blue" states.   So, while it might be true that there is a great flow of federal funds to "red" states, there is invariably a reason for that.

It's almost as if Red States feel guilty for having to use the entitlements which makes them angry and bitter at those who fought to create and maintain the entitlements that are keeping them alive and off the street.

To say that's insulting is an understatement.

Oh, I'm not bitter nor do I feel guilty.   I love life and love it even better when I take the contracting position that I want, where I want, when I want and get back yet more of the tax money others have extorted from them.  Then come tax time, I simply return some of those extorted dollars to the treasury.

Freedom Warrior
4.3.24  Freedom Warrior  replied to  XDm9mm @4.3.20    one month ago

I’m well aware of the law I’ve been on both sides of this particular equation what I’m pointing out is that the accommodation is principally for the worker. Sure there’s a benefit to the employer or they wouldn’t do it but the worker is the one who is the one that’s truly escaping meaningful taxation.

Sparty On
4.3.25  Sparty On  replied to  Freedom Warrior @4.3.17    one month ago

Not sure what's so hard to understand.

Pretty simple, if the business gets turned in they are well and good screwed.   So is the employee.   Happens every day.

The IRS doesn't screw around.   Just ask Al Capone.

Sparty On
4.3.26  Sparty On  replied to  XDm9mm @4.3.18    one month ago

Meh, can't take it with you.   Go buy something nice for you and/or your lady.

XDm9mm
4.3.27  XDm9mm  replied to  katrix @4.3.22    one month ago
In these cases, the employers generally pay in cash.

Very true.  And more often than not, the "customer" pays in the same manner!!

These are people who do tree work, construction, stuff like that.

That is predicated on where you live.  Here in TX, I'll say that the vast majority of arbors are licensed and bonded.   Construction is another story.  Too many home builders use illegals who are the electricians one day, plumbers the next, framing carpenters then finish carpenters, well you get the idea.

With the tree guy, I think his boss gave him a W-2 for a very small portion of the pay, but that was it.

He's opening himself to some major problems.  And those problems can come from federal, state and or local taxing authorities and his insurance carrier if the guy is hurt on the job.   To say it ain't worth it is an understatement.....  long term costs can dwarf the short term gains.

XDm9mm
4.3.28  XDm9mm  replied to  Freedom Warrior @4.3.24    one month ago
I’m well aware of the law I’ve been on both sides of this particular equation what I’m pointing out is that the accommodation is principally for the worker.

The workers that do it are either idiots or illegals.  

Sure there’s a benefit to the employer or they wouldn’t do it but the worker is the one who is the one that’s truly escaping meaningful taxation.

In reality, there is no benefit to the employer unless saving a few hundred bucks in FICA and insurance premiums is going to make his/her day.  UNLESS the 'employer' is just trying to hide his/her own income and avoid having that taxed.  But that is flawed thinking as any salaries and such paid are all deductible anyway.

XDm9mm
4.3.29  XDm9mm  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.26    one month ago
Go buy something nice for you and/or your lady.

Already got her a new Cadillac XT-5.  She was pissing the Escalade was too big.  But now she's happy!!

Sparty On
4.3.30  Sparty On  replied to  XDm9mm @4.3.29    one month ago

Happy wife .... happy life!

jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

katrix
4.3.31  katrix  replied to  XDm9mm @4.3.27    one month ago
Here in TX, I'll say that the vast majority of arbors are licensed and bonded

I'm amazed at the number of people in my area who hire themselves out for tree work - no licenses, no insurance, and often not a lot of talent either. And even more amazed at the number of people who will apparently hire them. If they happen to cut off their leg, or drop a tree on someone's house ....

MonsterMash
4.3.32  MonsterMash  replied to  Ozzwald @4.3.3    one month ago
At least with Bernie, you'll have SS benefits when you retire

That's all you'll have. You won't be able to save anything for retirement with the way Bernie will increase taxes on everyone earning over 29K a year.

XDm9mm
4.3.33  XDm9mm  replied to  katrix @4.3.31    one month ago
If they happen to cut off their leg, or drop a tree on someone's house ....

Then the person who 'hired' them might need some really good insurance.   In many if not most states, the onus falls on the 'homeowner' to verify that the contractor has all required insurance and bonds, etc., or they could be opening themselves up to liability if anything happens.

And ignorance in that situation is not bliss.  That idiot who just cut off his leg might be their newest dependent family member.

XDm9mm
4.3.34  XDm9mm  replied to  MonsterMash @4.3.32    one month ago
That's all you'll have.

Have no fear.  That will be bankrupt too.   I believe it's already started to pay out more than it's taking in.

MonsterMash
4.3.35  MonsterMash  replied to  XDm9mm @4.3.34    one month ago
Have no fear.  That will be bankrupt too

Even though the Social Security trust fund is likely to be broke come 2034 if no changes are made, the majority of the money for benefit payouts does not come from the trust fund. The money comes from taxes paid in by current workers. 

While this is undoubtedly an issue that will lead to problems in the future, payroll taxes are projected to cover around 70% of promised benefits when the trust fund runs out as projected in 2034. That means, as a worst-case scenario, if you retire after the trust fund goes broke, you'd still get around 70% of the benefits you expect....BFD

4.3.36  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.3.7    one month ago

Do Conservatives realize that the rich One Percent is abusing the system when they use Tax Loopholes and, like Trump, pay no TAXES, yet, received excessive entitlements, like Trump has.

Trillions of dollars was kicked back to the UBER rich, that they might get richer.

Corporate own farmers, also, extremely rich were given billions in entitlements due to the disastrous negotiations with China by the damnable, d-arse Trump due to the enormous loss of their market share due to the stupid Trade War created by Trump to feed his ego. 

Poor working class folks who had 50,000 American Factories boxed up and sent to COMMUNIST CHINA, lost more than 5,000,000 jobs. Many had their retirements ripped off by Corporate Crooks, who bought up American Factories, sold off the assets, borrowed against the workers Retirement Fund, filed bankruptcy, pocket the borrowed funds, then, shipped their factories, machinery, supplies and patents to  Communist China, where they can pay communist workers $1.00 per hours,  work 10 hour days, six day per week for a total wage of $60.

The company has no retirement expenses to pay, no workers compensation, no Social Security costs, which enables them to make Vulture Capitalist profits on foreign soil, which they share not with the workers, but, with the Board of Directors and Shareholders.

Thanks to Republicans who receive huge check from billionaire donors the tax laws were modified so these pirates might steal in broad daylight and blame the poor, while they live in Gate Community and control 97% percent of our economy.

It is not poor folks who are at fault. It never is! It is always the GREED BASTARDS that can never get enough MONEY, Honey.

Republicans sold out to Corporate Greed, for their own personal benefit. The country be damn.256

Freedom Warrior
4.3.37  Freedom Warrior  replied to  XDm9mm @4.3.28    one month ago

If you think it’s just a few hundred bucks then obviously you’re not an employer 

4.3.38  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.3.7    one month ago

It is a fantasy, if you think you are paying your own way, and not getting any "Free Shat", as, Red Necks like to claim others do, and, they don't.

Did you build the highways and byways that your travel upon?
Did you purify the water, control the streams and the dams?
Did your money pay for improving the environment, protect the country from spreading disease?
Did you pay for your children and grandchild's education, books, teacher and administrative fees?
Did you pay for the fire and police protection, the military, the Research Institutions, public colleges, universities, PhD programs?

This is the Bull Shat that 7 Republican Mega-Billionaires have shoved down the hardworking folks throats through their ORACLE, FoxTV Fake News, to turn the few still working folks against those that had their jobs stolen from them and shipped off to Communist China by Vulture Capitalists, who are not your friends.

4.3.39  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  MUVA @4.3.9    one month ago

What rules? Who wrote the rules?  White collar Crooks, that's who, you, who! It ain't that easy! Reality is not a catchy bumper sticker!

XDm9mm
4.3.40  XDm9mm  replied to  Freedom Warrior @4.3.37    one month ago
If you think it’s just a few hundred bucks then obviously you’re not an employer 

My bad.  Next time I'll be sure to state "weekly" to placate some.   Ok?

XDm9mm
4.3.41  XDm9mm  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4.3.36    one month ago

Nope.  It can't and won't happen here.   Unless maybe bat-shit-crazy Bernie wins and creates his Cuba or Venezuela nirvana.

"CONCENTRATION CAMPS"  -  I haven't seen nor heard of any?  Do you have legitimate sources to validate that bullshit?

"MILITARY PARADES"  -   Well hot damn.  Those have never occurred in this country before either.  //S//

"STATE PROPAGANDA NETWORK"   -   Well the left is doing all in it's power to create that, but thankfully only the brain dead accept the bullshit they spew.

"WOMEN'S HEALTH CRIMINALIZED"  -  Really?   My wife and my daughter-in-law see all sorts of doctors and they have yet to be arrested nor have anything denied.   Do you have any validation for that?

"RULE OF LAW SUSPENDED"  -  Exactly when and where did that happen?  I think the local, state and federal law enforcement agencies are all still fully functional.

"COURTS STACKED WITH EXTREMISTS"   -  Quite the contrary.  The courts are being populated with Constitutional adherents who don't use their power to create new laws and entitlements through judicial fiat.  They rightly either declare something unconstitutional or send the problematic legislation back to the people that should have dealt with it in the first place....  the legislators.

"NEPOTISM ON THE INTERNATIONAL STAGE"   -   Really?   What exactly is that?  Having a family member run a previously owned and operated entity?

"MEDIA ATTACKED AS "ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE""    -   Actually there is a valid point to be made there.  Much of the main stream media is the enemy of the people as they all tend to exhibit a deep seated and vitriolic hatred of the President of the United States and continually blather on about things which when actually investigated are determined to be either foreign or domestic propaganda created to damage the man and his administration.

cjcold
4.3.42  cjcold  replied to  katrix @4.3.8    one month ago

Worked for many years being paid under the counter. Had I known that I was going to live this long, probably would have done many things differently. 

cjcold
4.3.43  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @4.3.42    one month ago

Old age isn't for pussies and non-survivors. And youth is wasted on the young.

Glad I lived through the 60s and 70s as a hippie musician war protester, but wouldn't want to attempt it again.

dennis smith
4.3.44  dennis smith  replied to  Ozzwald @4.3.3    one month ago

Any proof you wont have them when Trump is reelected?

Ozzwald
4.3.45  Ozzwald  replied to  MonsterMash @4.3.32    one month ago
You won't be able to save anything for retirement with the way Bernie will increase taxes on everyone earning over 29K a year.

How about all the money you will save on insurance premiums and copays?  All the money you will save on your child's college degree?

4.3.47  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  katrix @4.3.10    one month ago

I was born during WWII, and grew up in the 1940s and 50s in a family of eight, surrounded by girls, in a two bedroom, unpainted, two-story, wood frame house. We had one bathroom with a sink and commode, and took bathes every Saturday in the large kitchen sink, or, in the aluminium tub.

I started working at 9, as a "Pin Boy", at Mc Cook's Bowling Alley, where I was paid $.10 per game. The average wage was $1.00 per hour in those days, for unskilled laborer, which is what my mother made for a number of years.

My father worked at Wright Air Force Base as an airplane mechanics, but, spent much of his earning down at the corner bar, named after the street we lived on, in a working class neighborhood in East Dayton.

It had a church, a barbershop, a neighborhood grocery store, and a bar. The bar, I was quite familiar with in those grey, cold wintry days. It wasn't much, just a dark one room bar where working men stopped in on their way home to get a drink before or after dinner.

Unfortunately, "Big John," as my father was known affectionately to the other patrons, generally stayed until closing, or, never can home at all.

I often thought that he choose that unpainted duplex because of it proximity to The Terry Inn and to the bus stop at Terry and Third Streets, which took him to his job at what is now know as WPAFB.

My earliest memories were going thorough his pants pockets, searching his wallet for enough money to pay the "back due rent," or, buy oil for our gas stove, that warmed one room well enough, but, no other.

We endured hard times.

People, even good people have disasters, illnesses, deaths that necessitate compassion, even financial assistance to survive.

That is why we have Social Security, Health Care, Public Schools, and other services to help our citizens in need, as well as the healthy and the solvent. 

One does not choose the family into which they are born. Nor do they choose the circumstance of the life that it brings.

It is not a handout, a government subsidy, we governments institute programs to help its citizenship.  It is what government do, the right thing to ensure a secure, safety and well educated citizenry. After all, it is the citizen he die in the wars, or, in the dangerous, smoke filled factories.

We are not a nation of casts, where folks are treated unequally, or, are we?

Unfortunately, too, many Right Wing, Evangelical Christians snub their elevated noses at those less fortunately than themselves, and, condemn them as "parasites, welfare cheats, lazy ass liberals, bums, human cockroaches" - all non-Christ like condemnations that Jesus would never have hurled at his fellowman like grenades that crush the soul and spirits of human beings. But, Republicans do. Why is that?

When did the Republican Party get so stuck-up, so cruel, so mean?  Was it when dirt poor rural White Americans became their base?256

CB
4.3.48  CB   replied to  Freedom Warrior @4.3.11    one month ago

Did their boss not break the law in not paying the due taxes or issuing a 1099 Misc, et ceteras? You don't get to call one a cheat without incriminating the other! Moreover, perhaps this can be fixed in arrears? They may have a claim to file against the respective businesses—even small and local businesses.

Greg Jones
4.3.49  Greg Jones  replied to  cjcold @4.3.42    one month ago
Had I known that I was going to live this long, probably would have done many things differently. 

I can relate.

CB
4.3.50  CB   replied to  katrix @4.3.21    one month ago

Which brings up two points:

1. If he does not make enough (under the table from the employer) then when filing even in arrears nothing will be owed the IRS; indeed, he can get money from the government.
  2. The employer will have a big problem with the IRS and need a tax pro to assist in straightening out the filings in arrears.

katrix
4.3.51  katrix  replied to  CB @4.3.50    one month ago
If he does not make enough (under the table from the employer) then when filing even in arrears nothing will be owed the IRS; indeed, he can get money from the government.

He didn't even have a bank account, so he had no actual tally of what he made under the table; he could have at least filed using the W-2s where part of his income was reported. Honestly, there are some truly financially ignorant people out there. He wasted a ton of money on money orders to send child support to his ex-wife, as one example. The ironic thing is that he probably would have gotten a tax refund, due to how little he made and how much he paid in child support. I repeatedly offered to do his back taxes so he could at least see if he'd get a refund, but nope.

The employer will have a big problem with the IRS and need a tax pro to assist in straightening out the filings in arrears.

True, but the employer (still talking about the tree guy) never hired anyone who was financially astute. His employees were hardly the type to try to deal with the IRS and get him in trouble, when they knew they'd be in trouble too. Most of them, like my friend, don't even have bank accounts.

Someone mentioned "idiots or illegals" above - we don't have many illegals in my area, but we have a lot of people who coasted through school and just kind of fell into odd jobs and such, and are barely scraping by. It's really a shame that finances aren't considered worth teaching all of our children.

CB
4.3.52  CB   replied to  katrix @4.3.51    one month ago

I will just agree with you, because I do understand the mess this is for these people now. I tell young people all the time about diverse streams of income of which Social Security is a part as one ages. Funny, all they can see is the money being taken out of their checks. They can't see injury, disability, or old age. So they want to say (repeat the conservative talking point) the program is going to fail and they want out of it. Playing into the stupid "idiot" hands of social security critics and naysayers.

Still, if he wants to expose the employer, the IRS can write the employer and begin the process to getting some semblance of summary wages. . . . It's rough when this happens to and individual you know.

4.3.53  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  dennis smith @4.3.44    one month ago

Yes!

4.3.54  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  CB @4.3.52    one month ago

Thanks, CB!  Your posts always brings us back to reality. A space I would rather not visit too often. 

CB
4.3.55  CB   replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4.3.54    one month ago

jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
5  Sparty On    one month ago
 lazy Left Leaning Liberal that waste their lives away playing that "damnable" game, "Corn Hole." 

I'm not prejudice.   You are more than welcome to corn-hole each other.    I'm more of a horseshoes and hand grenades kinda guy myself.   I leave the corn-holing to those light loafer wearers .... when you are done with that maybe someone will be up for a game of hacky sack or Frisbee golf ..... or a quiet moment on the stairs playing guitar waiting for John Blutarsky to happen by .....

5.1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sparty On @5    one month ago

Is dat a back handed invitation fer a date? We be pacifists, you know. We don't believe in throwing hand grenades. We do, however, scarf up the "Collateral Damage" for lunch, when time are tough.256

Sparty On
5.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @5.1    one month ago

Silly goose ..... i was talking paintball handgrenades of course

5.1.2  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.1    one month ago

Oh, I have eatin' some of them. They are tasty.

Sparty On
5.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @5.1.2    one month ago

Yes, especially the lead version in chip form.

Yummy!

5.1.4  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.3    one month ago

Well, that is the excitement, danger, Stranger. You cannot imagine how many school yards I have been chased out of for tossing Darts at Little Farts.

Sparty On
5.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @5.1.4    one month ago

Combat Lawn Darts.   The art of throwing a lawn dart over the roof at your buddies on the other side.

Unfortunately ..... a true story.

5.1.6  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.5    one month ago

Now, that is full on NUTS. Even us Lazy Arse, Left Leaning Liberal would never try that, mostly because we are too lazy, too weak from all the corrosion.

Ender
5.1.7  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.5    one month ago

We did that. I think we used them every way except trying to get in the circle.

Sparty On
5.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @5.1.7    one month ago
I think we used them every way except trying to get in the circle.

Lol ..... yep!  

I still can't believe we survived drinking out of the garden hose .....

Sparty On
5.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @5.1.6    one month ago
I think we used them every way except trying to get in the circle.

He man, you had to be fast.   You've heard of Natural Selection?

Well, this was Lawn Dart Selection.

katrix
5.1.10  katrix  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.8    one month ago
I still can't believe we survived drinking out of the garden hose .....

My parents had a station wagon. When Mom took us to the grocery store, we'd sit in the far back with our legs stretched out in front of us, playing "car control" where we would tip into each other as the car went around turns. And then we'd sit in the car alone while Mom shopped, and honk the horn at people.

Sparty On
5.1.11  Sparty On  replied to  katrix @5.1.10    one month ago

So that was you ...... damn kids!

jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Split Personality
5.1.12  Split Personality  replied to  katrix @5.1.10    one month ago

We preferred the 62 Chevy II 300 with the rear facing seat to the succeeding Ford Country Squire that followed with rear seats that faced each other.

384 stock photo

Seat belts?  We don't need no stinkin seat belts, lol.

I remember my Aunt loved that stinking woodgrain overlay on the side of those boats....

katrix
5.1.13  katrix  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.12    one month ago

Ours was a '70 Chevelle station wagon. No seat belts in the back, if I recall - and those awful vinyl seats that burned your legs in the summer.

Sparty On
5.1.14  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.12    one month ago

Woodies .... classic!

5.1.15  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.9    one month ago

Back in the 60s I was sucking but not from garden hoses. Remember Woodstock? I was sucking on a bag of Weed the size of Trump's Fat Arse.256

Dean Moriarty
5.1.16  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @5.1.15    one month ago

Enoch was there at Woodstock too. 

Sparty On
5.1.17  Sparty On  replied to  Dean Moriarty @5.1.16    one month ago

I’d of been there but I was only in the 4th grade .... damn!

5.1.18  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.17    one month ago

It counts.

Jeremy Retired in NC
5.1.19  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.5    one month ago

HAAA HAAAA I thought my friends and I did that!!!  I miss that game.

5.2  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sparty On @5    one month ago

Freezbee is fer sissys. Do you know how hard it is to toss a bean bay thorough a hole cut into a piece of wood from six feet away when you're drunk? It is no game for girlie men. It require manly strengthen, eye-hand coordination and concentration.

r.t..b...
5.2.1  r.t..b...  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @5.2    one month ago
It require manly strengthen

Will be chucklin' for a bit...remember lawn darts?  What could possibly go wrong....

And to Sparty...'I gave my love a cherry..."  What could possibly go right...

Sparty On
5.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  r.t..b... @5.2.1    one month ago
remember lawn darts?

Oh man, did we play the shit out of those.   We might be the reason they outlawed the original version

And to Sparty...'I gave my love a cherry..."  What could possibly go right...

Nothing, its all good ..... jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

5.2.3  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sparty On @5.2.2    one month ago

Yes, that was how I killed my first child. Abolition was illegal, but, not Lawn Darts.

katrix
5.2.4  katrix  replied to  r.t..b... @5.2.1    one month ago
remember lawn darts?  What could possibly go wrong....

Hold my beer - watch this!

5.2.5  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  katrix @5.2.4    one month ago

"Your Honor, I believe she tossed that deliberately at me manhood. It were no accident."

Sparty On
5.2.6  Sparty On  replied to  katrix @5.2.4    one month ago

Lol ... not that far off ....

Sparty On
5.2.7  Sparty On  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @5.2.3    one month ago

Too soon dude .... still WAY to soon.

cjcold
5.3  cjcold  replied to  Sparty On @5    one month ago
up for a game of hacky sack or Frisbee golf

Both sports derived from Shaolin Temple combat training.

Sparty On
5.3.1  Sparty On  replied to  cjcold @5.3    one month ago

Kwai Chang Caine played disc golf?

Who knew .....

6  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    one month ago

I shall leave you with the wise words of my Mentor, Clarence Thomas, who during his "Confirmation Hearings," he said, to no one in particular, these Life Altering Words:

"If you can't get laid, lay down and take a nap. It is about the same." - Uncle Clarence Thomas,
SCROTUM

Sparty On
6.1  Sparty On  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @6    one month ago

And one more thanks to the fine investigative powers of our left leaning friends in congress:

"I like beer"

- Brett Kavanaugh

Truly scintillating testimony artfully pried out by those fine litigators  .....

6.1.1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sparty On @6.1    one month ago

Agreed, LOL!

Ender
6.1.2  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @6.1    one month ago

If onlt he would have said he liked pot. It would have been all over for him.

cobaltblue
6.1.3  cobaltblue  replied to  Sparty On @6.1    one month ago
"I like beer" - Brett Kavanaugh

"I still like beer..."

6.1.4  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  cobaltblue @6.1.3    one month ago

And, salty appetizers with SEX!

cjcold
6.1.5  cjcold  replied to  Sparty On @6.1    one month ago

We all like beer. Some, however, like it to the point that their ability to function effectively on a daily basis is severely compromised. ETOH even turns some folk into monsters.

Sparty On
6.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  cjcold @6.1.5    one month ago

Good to know.   Do you have any pamphlets you can share with us on the topic?  

I still have my Reefer Madness pamphlet they handed out in grade school.   It was very helpful ......

7  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    one month ago

Nite All! I take it ever chance I get!

Paula Bartholomew
8  Paula Bartholomew    one month ago

This seed is stranger than a three legged chicken running around in a circle chasing its own shadow.  Keep up the good work.jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Split Personality
8.1  Split Personality  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @8    one month ago

Nuttier than a Port a Potty at a Peanut Festival.

Paula Bartholomew
8.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Split Personality @8.1    one month ago

LOL.

Sparty On
8.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @8.1    one month ago

Nuttier than a squirrel turd

8.1.3  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sparty On @8.1.2    one month ago

I resemble that remark. And, challenge you to a Dueling Banjo Square Off!

Sparty On
8.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @8.1.3    one month ago

I’d bring my Jews harp but since I’m from a red county I don’t have any teeth left .....

cjcold
8.1.5  cjcold  replied to  Sparty On @8.1.4    one month ago

And there probably aren't many Jews to borrow one from.

Sparty On
8.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  cjcold @8.1.5    one month ago

Ah no ..... there's still plenty of Jews around.   Nazi's and Arabs haven't managed to kill them all off quite yet.

8.1.7  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sparty On @8.1.4    one month ago

Sorry about that. I have an extra set. Would you like to borrow them. They are cracked a little, like everything I own, including me. Just a little crack.

8.2  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @8    one month ago

Well, thank you, Paula. That was the nicest thing a woman has ever said to me, except that one time when one said, "I said, get away you creep. And, I won't call the POLICE."

Which I thought was very kindly, under the circumstance. I was just learning to date.

Paula Bartholomew
8.2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @8.2    one month ago

You  have my heart dude, just keep your hands off of my cheesecake and my wallet.

8.2.2  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @8.2.1    one month ago

But, but, I like Cheesecake. If your wallet is as empty as mine, I don't need it. But, your cheesecake that is irresistible.

Paula Bartholomew
8.2.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @8.2.2    one month ago

Don't make me go all #metoo on ya.

cobaltblue
10  cobaltblue    one month ago

DM-1vNPX0AAWOcL.jpg

11  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    one month ago

WTF is wrong with these people?

cjcold
11.1  cjcold  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @11    one month ago

Overly enlarged amygdala. Seems all far right wing fascists suffer from this condition.

Paula Bartholomew
11.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @11    one month ago

The list of what is right with them is a very short list.

It Is ME
12  It Is ME    one month ago

"We be in for a cardboard box rattling change, and we's got to be prepared for it, Fellow Left Leaning Liberals ."

Left Leaning Liberals still trying to "Break out" of their "Safe Boxes" ?

Toughen up "Sugar Plumbs" !

Fix yourself first, then you'll have some standing when you go out in the world to "Save it" ! jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

13  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    one month ago

Yet, Trump, our FAKE POTUS, Real POS, pardoned a aberrant Navy Seal, whose own team members described to the Court Marshall officers presiding over the case, as the team leader more "interested in killing than accomplishing the mission."

I ask, again, how could any reasonable person support such an abject, insidious monster as Donald J. Trump, a 5 time draft dodger, a criminal, a man accused of raping a 12 year old girl in Jeffrey Epstein Penthouse, where Trump attended the "Sex Parties With Under Aged Girl For the Rich and Perverted."

Alan Dershowitz and William Barr's father were attendees, too.

It Is ME
13.1  It Is ME  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @13    one month ago
as the team leader more "interested in killing than accomplishing the mission."

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack."

No dumb bastard ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.” 

George S. Patton

XDm9mm
13.1.1  XDm9mm  replied to  It Is ME @13.1    one month ago
No dumb bastard ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.”  George S. Patton

One of, if not the greatest line ever spoken by an American General.

It Is ME
13.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  XDm9mm @13.1.1    one month ago
One of, if not the greatest line ever spoken by an American General.

Yippers ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
13.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @13    one month ago

Alan Dershowitz and William Barr's father were attendees, too.

Color me so surprised...NOT!